Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Re: Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Postby Cori Shadow » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 pm

So Aidan needed to feed and rest, and was probably going to need to be told about a thousand times before Noble even sank her fangs into him to try and not fight her, to just let her in and do what she needed to, but I know how hard that can be and will probably be for Aidan, and because I know how hard that was going to be for him I decided that I was going to do something special for him. It's something that doesn't happen often but dark child or not Aidan is still Aidan in all ways, the Aidan I know is what I mean, and the Aidan I know happens to have a sweet tooth for really thick chocolate milkshakes but only if it's accompanied by a damn good burger, so I was going to get him settled down and then make a quick run to this little place I know he really likes. Of course I was given all sorts of looks from him when I told him I did have something I needed to run out for really quick but really all it took was a little pout, a little eyelash batting and maybe a little stomp of the foot and I got my own way. And I tell you I never drove so fast in my life to get there and back either. Remember when I asked Aidan who the hell Nash was? Seriously I had no idea and unfortunately I was going to find out sooner rather than later because I was in such a rush to get back, and I had pretty much gulped down the milkshake for Aidan... hey I said he liked them, I didn't say how he liked to get them... which in turn gave me brain freeze as you would call it. I came tearing into the palace wincing, holding my head with my free hand and cursing to myself. Which obviously meant I wasn't paying attention to a damn thing other than trying to stop my head from hurting before I got back. My ass ended up hurting too because I was walking, no damn near running to get back to Aidan when BAM... I ran smack dab into something that turned out to be a someone and there I was looking like an idiot up at someone I know I never saw before. I didn't sit there for too long though because I had a vampire waiting for me to get back, and said vampire let me know I had all of twenty minutes to get what I needed done finished or else he was going to come looking for me, and when Aidan hunts... he hunts. So I was back on my feet and as much as I just wanted to haul ass I really couldn't be rude. It wouldn't look good if the Dowager of Firyon and a Princess of Pallia just plowed someone over and ran.
I am so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going, are you all right?
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Here it comes I thought to myself and almost muttered out loud. Bennett came to see me and as soon as I opened the door and say his face I knew, I just effin' knew what was going to come out of his mouth and I was already gearing up to give him the hundreds of reasons why I sure as hell was going home. Funny isn't it? I was hellbent on leaving Pallia at one point and now I was hellbent on getting back. Oh I still dream of being able to retire from the Order and take over as Firyons Captain, but I know that won't happen until Aidan is ready to take his rightful place as Master, and until that day does come, there is no way in hell I am leaving my Order in someone elses hands when I am perfectly capable of seeing to the task.
Don't do that Bennett. Don't come in here with those blue eyes and that angel baby smile and think I'm just going to get all gooey eyed and fall for the baby brother act! That's bullshit Ben.
I was on my feet standing toe to toe with him. If I wanted to stand nose to nose with him I'd have to get up on my tip toes and maybe get a step stool.
Ma and Dad can stay, but I'm not Bennett. King or no King, that Order is mine to deal with and I just really got my hands on it. Aren't you the one that told me you needed me? Convinced me to stay... Adam and I just orgnanized the Council, we still have so much to do and you want me to stay here? Why? Because I'm pregnant? Ma never... NEVER backed down when she was pregnant with any of us... not even you... and you expect me to knowing who I am? How I am? I can have Errol check me at home, and I can slow down if you are worried but I am not backing down and for you to even think to keep me here... it's a slap in the face, not to mention the Order expects to see my face, they expect me and Adam to be there handling the day to day of it all. Don't do this Bennett. I mean it. You won't like what's going to happen if you try and make me stay here.
User avatar
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Postby Bennett Shadow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 am

Just humor your baby brother. Errol is already on his way here. If everything is fine I do not see where the problem is. Unless you are worried he is not going to agree that things are fine.

I smiled at her and nudged her slightly.

I know exactly who you are. I also know how damn stubborn women in the family can be about things. I just am concerned Krys


My hand went to my sisters and I grinned a bit.

I remember your hand being a lot bigger. It is not a slap in the face or anything Krys. The order will see you and Adam there handling the day to day. I know the stories that Ma never backed down when she was pregnant with any of us. I also know that she would get herself checked out when need be. Errol was coming here for something anyways. I am not asking you to back down. Just asking to let yourself slow down a little until Errol can get here. I do of course expect you to be back in Pallia the moment Errol clears you.


I was looking at my sister I was a bit worried for her, I was like my Father and it would show in my eyes. Our damn eyes would give us away. I leaned and kissed my sister on the cheek.

I love you Krys and for my sake and the Orders sake I just want to make sure you are okay. I did come to you and did tell you I need you. That still stands true, and it will stand true. You are my sister, one of my greatest confidants and one of the people I know always has my back. As you would watch out for me is it wrong for me to watch out for you. I notice things Krys and this is hard on you. I just need to make sure the Mistress of the Order is okay, and more importantly to me that my big sister is okay. You know there is no one that could take your place.
User avatar
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Postby Nash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:11 am

I had gone over some things with Orry. I was not being a kiss ass or anything what I told her was true. I knew there were things that she could do because she was her. Who better to go over things with than the woman who people adore. I had the guitar around my back carrying it as I was heading back to get some rest. There were still a few touch ups I needed Rena to take care of. While I was walking I was looking ahead but I guess I should have been looking ahead and down. I felt the impact before anything else it had startled me some.

My apologies your highness, I did not see you coming. I am fine, seems you took the brunt of it. Are you sure you are okay?

I looked at her with a smile, there was no use in getting upset over something like that. I did make sure that she was steadied. I was not sure what was going on but not sure I wanted to know either.

I hope you have a good evening.


I did not say anything else I just smiled and let her go on her way. Though I felt something that it seemed shift in the air around. What was it? Only the Prince of Pallia himself I would find out later, looking madder than hell. He did not speak a word but he was starting at the Princess. I was leaving that situation, or so I thought. He grabbed me by the shoulder and had me against a wall.

It would be in the best interest of your health if you stayed away from my wife. Unless you want to find yourself where no one will ever find the body.


I looked at him, and I was not sure what to say to that or what I could say to that. So I just let it be and I decided it might be best not to try and explain anything to him.
User avatar
Nash
Stablehand
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Postby Cori Shadow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Damn if I just didn't stand there for a second or two blinking like a goof at the man I damn near ran over trying to figure out who the hell he was. Of course I wouldn't know everyone running around Autumnvale, we weren't in Firyon after all, and I just figured that he was one of the staff or just someone that Rena knew. At least that's what I thought. He was polite enough, even apologizing for running into me, which was not really the case, I don't think.
Oh I'm fine and please, you don't have to Highness me.
It didn't surprise me that he used a title on me when he talked, I might not know everyone but everyone sure as hell does know about me on some level or another.
Cori.. that's my name... well not my full name, my full name would probably have you biting your tongue off if you tried to say it, so Cori will work just fine and you a...
I didn't get the rest of the word out because now I was too busy standing there wide eyed with my mouth hanging opened. Not a pretty sight I'm sure, but neither was seeing Aidan looking just a little like he was going to snap someones neck and it dawned on me who it was he had against the well. Hellfire.
Aidan...
I went into one of my many modes, I really didn't want to see Aidan kill anyone over my rush to get back to him. So I went and stood next to him with a pouty little smile on my lips.
I almost ran him over, he was just being polite and making sure I didn't hurt myself. I mean really, how would it look if he wasn't polite and made sure your wife was okay after falling down? You'd think he was rude and ignorant and you'd be mad about it.
I slipped in between Aidan and Nash, I was sure that was him, keeping my back to the man Aidan thought would have liked to get his hands on me, I don't see it, but what the hell do I know? Men are odd creatures. My arm shot up and in my hand was the bag with his burgers in it.
Look what I brought for you before you went to sleep! Right from that little hole in the wall diner you like so much...
I grinned up at him.
And I got brain freeze too... take a guess how... let him go so you can eat Aid, you heard what her Majesty said and we all know not to go against her. Come on Aid, your food is getting cold... well some of it anyway.
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The New Reign

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

Something to keep in mind, I could just snap you in half and drink you dry, remember this. This one here is my wife, and you think to touch her you will regret it. As I said before there are plenty of places to hide a body. I have no problem letting you know what is mine, is not to be touched. Some how I doubt that Cori ran into you, and that you did not notice. Keep this as your only warning.

My eyes flashed a little trick that I had learned about things. There were just some people and some things in my life you do not mess with my wife is one of them. Even before she was my wife I still would protect her, it is as it has always been as far as that goes.

You are right we should go and take care of those things. We are limited on time after all.

I looked at my wife with a smile at the mention of the brain freeze I knew exactly what it was from. I would take enjoyment of the burgers and the other. I knew it was going to be hard to find rest but I did manage to. Before I went to rest though I did talk to her a little bit.

That was Nash, and you may think it was an accident but I am sure he had more to do with it.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users