Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:53 pm

My replacement? Really? Are you sure you want to tease like that Losa Shadow? Keep in mind what happened to your replacement before you decide you want to play that kind of game with me.

Kiara hissed the words through gritted teeth, she didn't really know why she was ready to put her fist in her husbands face when he said what he did, but it took everything in her not to just knock him on his ass. She wasn't amused in the least bit and she made damn sure he knew it.

Twenty years from now if you find it so necessary to replace me with Kira then by all means go right on ahead but I promise you a new King will be ruling over Pallia. I am sure that Lucius will be more than happy to finally have what he's always wanted.

She hit him alright and hit him hard without even having to raise a finger. Words could hit just as hard as a fist and the way his face paled told her she got him. Turning away from him she went to the door a looked back at him.

Remember who I am and how hard I hit the next time you decide you want to take me on like that again your Majesty... Toras, I hope all goes well during Dustys awakening, please send for me when it is over. I'm sorry I won't be here but I think it best that the first face your wife sees is yours and as you know we have much going on in our home right now. If you need anything let me know.

Without so much as saying another word to Losa Kiara stepped back out into the hallway addressing the twins and their mother. She spoke loud enough for Losa to hear her through the door.

Come with me I'll show you to your rooms. I have a feeling that you and King Shadow are going become great friends Kira, how lucky for you! Alright now let's go see your rooms and then you may explore any part of the Hall that you wish save for the barracks and the armory understood?
Last edited by Kiara Jade on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Raynalia » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Shared? Hell no. Similar sure but not so similar they could be dead matches. I don't like it not one damn bit Val. And the only one who could probably figure this whole damn thing out is hellbent against setting foot in Pallia for who knows how long! Shite! We may be needin' ta take a trip ta Astrail soon as this whole funeral business fer Cole be over. Darlin' do me favor, d'nay be speakin' that mans name near me right now, knowin' me an' my luck.. ah shit Val why'd ya have ta say it huh?

Sure enough as soon as the elf said she didn't want to hear Cons name there he was walking with Ari down the hall in their direction, not that Con was looking for her it just happened to be the way they needed to go to get to the stairs that led to the floors below. Groaning a little she slapped a smile on her face and slipped her arm into Valiants.

Well well well looky what we be havin' here! So I see ye healed up nice an' right! Knew ye would soon as ye wifey got her hands on ya! Nice work Ari girl! So how ya feelin' Con?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:25 pm

He followed her and waited until they were shown their rooms and he pulled Kiara into his arms and looked at her.

Ok it was a poor joke my love I was only trying to lighten the mood. We both know that no one could ever replace you. No one ever would with me. I love you Kiara and nothing will ever change that, nothing ever could change that.

He looked at her and touched her face gently and kissed her.

I am sorry Kiara I was just trying to get you to laugh at me or something. I know that everything that has been going on is more than enough on your shoulders as well and I should not be joking about anytime from now and you not being with me. Because I can not see that. I know exactly what happened to my replacement and I know just as no one could replace me with you no one could replace you with me. I love you more than anything
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:31 pm

He stood there looking at her.

Just the elf I was looking for.


He saw the look on her face and he went over and put an arm around her and kissed her cheek.

Thank you for staying with me when Ari could not be there. I appreciate it Rayne. Sorry for the way I have been acting towards you all this demon Business and all made me realize somethings. I think you and your husband should go see Cori when you get a chance.


He smiled and left it at that kissing her cheek another time and moving back to his wife.

Yup she keeps me in line pretty much.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:47 pm

A poor joke? Try that wasn't anything resembling a joke in anyway! You thought saying something like that to me would make me laugh? Are you serious? Losa Shadow where in the hell in your brain?! There was nothing funny about that for many reasons but the biggest one of all is that is my brothers ten year old daughter! That was beyond tasteless. How in the hell would you have liked it if someone said something like that about one of your daughters?

How in the hell could he have even thought something like that would be considered funny? It might have been if Kiara wasn't so wound up already and Kira was grown already but Kira wasn't grown and Jade was wound up. She jerked away from him.

Oh I'm sure your sorry now that your little funny ha ha blew up in your face. Next time you decide to be funny actually make it something worth laughing at and not something that is going to get you seriously hurt.

Yeah she needed to cool off. She was still reeling over seeing not just carbon copies of her and her own twin but Kristians wife had really thrown her through a loop. Craning her neck, cracking all the vertebrate she started walking away from him.

I don't have time for this. Payne will be here with Ema soon, should we see if she's more to your liking in twenty years too? Oh what? It's alright for you to say something like that about my niece but not yours? Heh. Go find something to keep you busy Losa, I've got enough to keep me from even thinking about how downright wrong that was of you.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey she is my niece too you know and it was poor taste I was only trying to lighten the mood some. I am not going to get upset over a comment about Ema plus I prefer red heads anyways I like the fiery disposition you know. I am not sure what else needs to be done.

He walked near her and looked at her.

We are all wound up and that was wrong of me I was only trying to tease to lighten the tension some but you are right I was really wrong. So what can I do to help.

He started to rub her shoulders.

I know you are hurting Spitfire and my own stupidity is not helping any.

He took her hands in his.

So how hard should I make it to track me later because I can continue to shift forms and all too and see how well they can follow along. If they can.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:28 am

Will you stop touching me!

Kiara yelled at him while they walked down to the great hall, heads turned in their direction, most probably thought their Queen was just fending off their King like they had both done with each other when there was work to be done but one wanted to play. At least that's what they thought until they saw her face and one by one they started slinking away in all directions. Whatever had their Queen looking that angry they didn't want any part of it. Kiara walked through the hall doing a final run through, making sure everything was in it's proper place. Every picture every symbol was where it should be. Guests were already starting to fill the hall both inside and out, tents and all accommodations had been made for all visitors, she would have been beyond pleased if she didn't have a black cloud hanging over her head. Something was going to need to be done, she wasn't having the rest of the day or the night ruined. She stopped one of the Elite, a woman name Penny.

Penny please see Brodys sister, see if she needs any help, she is making the red arm bands for our Elite to wear tonight in honor of Lord Sterling and please remind all Elite they are to be in full uniform tonight, have them pass the reminder along amongst themselves.

How sad her first instinct was to send for Cole and tell him what she needed done. She was lost really, Cole was always right there to do whatever she needed. Now who could she trust with even the simple little details that might be important to her but no one else? Sighing she went outside. Everything was in it's place. There really wasn't anything more left for her to do. She glanced over at Losa.

Switch forms or not it's your call, this was your idea. The sword competition is going to take place after the burial, the yard is already set for it. It will be interesting to see who rises to that challenge. Now if you'll excuse me Majesty I have a matter I need to see to alone.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Raynalia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 am

Rayne eyed Condrik suspiciously when he kissed her cheek not once but twice and he apologized. Hell had to be freezing over but she wasn't going to do or say anything that would get him all riled again. For one she was too caught up in Kristians wife and two she had been jinxed enough she wasn't going to have it happen again.
Glad ye be better Con, d'nay need ta be thankin' me for sittin' with ya, wasn't gonna be leavin' ya there with just them boys lookin' out for ya. Thank ye for Cori too. Ye know Con, when ye get the chance ye and the Valiant one over 'ere need ta have a sit down. Anyway. Glad ye be good! D'nay mean ta be runnin' off but ye know with all that be goin' on been pretty busy. We'll all be sittin' down soon I hope ta talk 'n work out whatever we be needin' ta.
She patted his arm when she walked by him and didn't say anything until she and Valiant were out of ear shot.
That be nothin' new either. Acts all crazy then acts decent again. Be enough ta hurt a persons head but glad he be all right least he be seemin' it. Ye think anyone would notice iffin' I just hid until all a this was over?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:12 am

He sighed and let go of her and just let her go. He had just been trying to be playful but he knew he had also been wrong in it. After he went to make the arrangements for the tracking contest he went to where he could sit alone with Cole's body for a few minutes. He did notice he looked like he was sleeping with a smile on his face. He had finally found his rest and would be reunited with Alec and the rest of the family. He sat there for a bit.

He was just thinking allowed.

You know Cole you picked a hell of a time to die. I know Kiara does not know what she is going to do without you honestly don't know if any of us know. Things have gone even more haywire. The demon that killed you is dead, not that it really matters its damage has been done and felt. Also found out I am demon, I mean it is not so bad cept I found out I can live I do not even know how many lifetimes without Kiara. I am not sure how to even deal with that at all. I mean we always keep saying she would end up going before me but now it actually is true. After everything that has gone on I am not sure how to even handle knowing that. So I made a damn poor joke. I do not even know how to handle this. You know you always kept all of us inline and were always a voice of reason. Hell I even found out I make one ugly ass demon. I am going to be alive to watch who knows how many brothers buried, hell may even watch my own children get buried as they will have some demon but not as much as me. But we will see I guess. I know your life needs celebrated but it is hard.

He sighed and just sat there he had the plan of the tracking contest set. He knew there were going to be all sorts taking their shots at finding him. He smiled.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Valiant Panton » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 am

He listened to all that was going on and was a little amazed even seemed strange how different the man was acting. He just shrugged it off and looked at her.

You know maybe there is something that can be done to keep it under control might be something to do with who they are and all. I have heard stories about that family and all, wondering if its not because of one of their natural abilities or something. Things like that can make people a bit crazy. Well I do not know why you want to hide for this. But if that is what you want to do we can hide away. But I do think it is important to celebrate your friends life.


He kept his arm around her and kissed her.

I am not going to worry about why his mind changed about things either. But I do think Cori might need someone too because I know she was close to Cole too.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
User avatar
Valiant Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:04 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cyranda » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:40 am

Ash my little love you look like a big ball floating around in the water!

Cyranda had gotten ready for the day and spent all morning with her son, of course Stryder was there for most of it, but she sent him back to the Hall to check on his mothers progress while she and Ash did their "soaking". She was holding Ash to where his back was in the water, his little body relaxed and she almost laughed seeing him sleeping. A very faint hum sighed on the breezes that blew across the lake now and then. Cyranda would nod, smiling answering that hum.


Damn right he's a good size, you've seen the size of his father Ronan.

Her face screwed up into a scowl now she was shaking her head.

No I haven't told him yet. I will but I don't know how he's going to take that little bit of news really.

A small wave rolled towards her, went around the baby and gently hit her in the face.

Stop it Ronan really how the hell would suggest I tell him? "Oh hey Stryder by the way when I die don't worry I'm not really gone I'll just be sorta moved to start a new life, I'll remember very little of this life but that's okay over all I'll still be the same that I am right now, I just won't have a damn clue about who the hell you are." How well do you think that's going to go over huh?

The humming grew a little louder, she sighed annoyed.

I'll tell him it's just gonna have to wait until all of this ruckus dies down alright?

Ronan, a male fey had been primarily responsible for keeping watch over Pixie when she was down below, he was her mentor whispering in her ear telling her everything she knew so far, there was still so much for her to learn but she had all the time in the world. In a sense, she was immortal, she wasn't too sure how she felt about that part of who she was but for the time being she wasn't going to let it get to her. The humming stopped and she was damn glad for it. Spending time with Ash without any damn fey buzzing in her ear was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Raynalia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:54 am

Course ye not be worryin' why he be changin' personalities faster than one a ye whores change they...
Rayne was all set to give smart ass comment then stopped herself, she was only kidding with him but really found that what she was going to say wasn't all that funny or needed so she just looped her arm through his and kept on walking until they were outside.
Aye d'nay need ta be worryin'. Well ye heard the man, we should go see the elfling. Ya up for it? I be thinkin' ye are, maybe we can take a swing passed this house of ours that I haven't even seen yet too, let Cori pick which room she be wantin' n' all course iffin' she be like me she'll want the biggest room in the house. Not happenin' but I want her ta feel comfortable so here's a thought! When all of this is over I'm going to talk to Con and Ari and see if we can take Cori for a few days. I know she's been dying to see Firyon and while we're there we can go on a shopping spree for her room, she's all about anything elven, who can blame her we are a damn fine race you know.
Rayne was smiling so much her cheeks were starting to hurt. She couldn't remember the last time she was this happy or calm within herself. It was amazing that one afternoon changed the entire course of her very long life and now she was with a man she could not see herself without but knew one day she would have to. Shaking that thought from her the elf moved even closer to him.
Would my natural abilities explain why I am crazy then? You know elves are born with almost near immortality and natural magics, some more than others but still, we have it none the less. Of course I don't really want to hide away Val, tonight with celebration we are all going back in time, returning to old traditions and this journey into the past is going to be amazing. I'm so glad you are going to get to see it and be there to share it with me.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Valiant Panton » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:18 am

Of course I am up for going to see the elfling. I want to get to know her but was also trying to be respectful to her father's wishes. Yes it would eb good to show you our house I got a room picked out for Cori but we will see which one she picks for herself. Of course she does not get the biggest room that is ours.

He smiled and leaned and kissed her bringing her against his chest.

I know you did not really mean about hiding away. I think the fact that they are celebrating the lives and their passing on to their next life is amazing in itself.


He smiled at her and walked with her to go talk to Cori.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
User avatar
Valiant Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:04 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Stryder Joseph » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:35 am

He had done what he needed to to check on his mother and all. He smiled watching his wife and son from afar he did not know which was more amazing to him the fact that he was married or that he actually had a sun as well. He waited a little bit because he was actually enjoying watching their time. He finally went into the water and perfectly splashed her without hitting Ash and he winked at her.

Seems he is right at home in the water too.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cyranda » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:32 am

Ya think?

Pixie answered her husbands little splash at her with a good sized wave of her own. The water rose over her and the baby she held to crash down on his head. Grinning she stuck her tongue out at him.

Don't mess with the Fey demon, we'll kick you're ass!

Winking she moved through the water like she were walking on dry land and grinned some more.

So how's Mom? You and Toras talk anymore?

She moved her hands out from underneath her son hoping that her husband wouldn't notice that their child was staying afloat atop the water even as he slept. Ash and any children that followed would never have to fear the water, nor would they ever have to fear drowning in it.

You ready for tonight? Heard there's going to be a sword fight thingy or something. Gonna break out Shadowbane or is that only when you have real bad asses to fight with?
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Stryder Joseph » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:05 am

I only use it when necessary because of the power of it all. Plus technically Dad is alive so he should get it back. I do not know if I am going to do any of the contests tonight.

He smiled as he looked down at Ash. He grinned at her while he watched their son in the water.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:15 am

At sunset all those wishing to gathered and made the small trek from the hall to the burial grounds, they followed the torch lit path laid out for them, carrying candles to further light the way. The flames from those candles lit up the night making it look like the sun hadn't set at all. The Elite were dressed in their signature garb, Kiara, Losa, and Jacob led the way, at the end of the procession Con, Ariela and Rayne walked, the reason for their positions was simple. They all represent the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end. One life ended and Cole was being escorted by the Master and Mistress of the Elite into his new life while Rayne, Ari and Con were there to remind all of his previous life.
The rites were simple. There was so much one could say about Cole Sterling but Kiara knew she didn't need to say anything at all if she want to. Everyone knew the impact Cole had on her entire life. With a small smile Kiara stepped forward when they reached the open grave. She was going to be the only one to speak that night. Her voice rang out strong and clear.

Most if not all of you know the beliefs that our Mother and Father tried to instill in us all. We lost our way for a time. Our losses were too great to remember Lily and Hughs teachings, but now we have been reminded. Let tonight burn into your memories and into your hearts lest we start to lose our way again.

There is no death.
This life spent here on this world is but a stopping place,A pause in what's to be. A resting place along the road,
during our true journey.We all have different journeys. Different paths along the way. We all were meant to learn some things, but never meant to stay.
Our new lives are ones, far greater than we will know until it is our time, until our own journeys have begun.
For some the journey's quicker, For some the journey's slow.
And when our final journey ends, we will all be home. So until the day when all are one again I say to you all there is no death. We will not stand around in darkness and gloom weeping bitter tears of sorrow and pain, oh let your grief be known but do not let it linger. Cole would want to be missed but he would not want any of us wallowing in sorrow. Love him, miss him but do not mourn for him. Celebrate who he was here and who he is to be reborn into the new life. Celebrate all that he held dear to him, love, laughter, life.


Moving to the black casket with the silver handles and the red rose embossed on its lid Kiara leaned down and kissed the closed lid whispering.

Only you could turn something so sad into something more. Your an asshole Cole. I love you Savage. I'll see you soon enough and when I do you better run. I still owe you master Sterling.

Stepping back to allow others to follow her lead in saying if they so wished to Kiara watched over them all with a soft smile.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 am

He waited a bit out of respect for others he squeezed the hand of his princess and walked to the casket. He knelt touching it and spoke softly.

I know this is not your end Cole but only the beginning of your new life. You will be missed by all brother. You will always be a part of us.


He touched his own chain as he thought about when he and Losa had talked about getting one for Cole. A few memories came rushing to his mind. He stepped back and waited for others to speak he knew his brother would want to speak he also kept his hand in Ari's while he could. He knew this was tougher on her and just wanted to show his support.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Lady Dustball » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:01 am

She had come out of her sleep and saw Toras there the lines in his face of worry were showing and she reached out and touched his face. His eyes opened and he smiled at her. She remembered that smile. He told her how long she was out and all. Then he told her that the kids had all been there but went to a funeral for one of the elite. When she heard who it was she was trying her hardest to get up. She finally threatened Toras until he helped her up and helped her to the burial grounds. He told her he could only go so far he had seen the look on his son's face when he came down there with their mother. He motioned to SJ and TJ to come get her. He stepped back for he knew he did not belong there and he waited for them to bring her back.

She was too unsteady on her own and she whispered something to SJ and he brought her up toward the coffin. Her voice was low.

Cole I will miss you, I know what you did to protect those you love. You meant so much to so many but we already talked about that.


She said something else that no one else could here and she nodded to SJ. She knew she had worried everyone her children all of them blood or not. SJ brought her by Kiara and she put a hand to hers and gave a slight squeeze. She saw the look she was getting from those there she knew she was still weak but she could not let Cole off without saying good bye. She remembered the time she met him with a smile
Lady Dustball
Peasant
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:38 am

Saying good bye to Cole was probably the third hardest thing I've ever had to do. I gotta tell ya, the way Kiara went about the whole thing, going back to the way such tragedies were handled when we were children, really was brilliant. It made it a hell of allot easier too, not just on us grown folk but the way the children were reacting, it was perfect. Too bad no one had enough sense in their heads when she needed us to be brilliant to remember the old ways. The ways ofLily Connor. We were all surprised by the appearance of Dusty but who the hell was going to be brave enough to take that woman on no matter how weak she was? Wait what was I thinking I knew who but I also knew Kiara would wait until at least those who were closest with Cole got their chance to say what they wanted to before she started. When it was my turn to step up I think everyone was waiting for me to start flipping out just because I was so solid during Alecs' rights, maybe they thought it was time I had a meltdown. Nope wasn't happening. My see you again was short and sweet, very simple.

I know you and Hunter are going to keep a damn good eye out on these babies aren't you? Don't need to really say much Cole Sterling, you are much my brother as Alec and more my brother than anyone elses, hows that for letting my inner princess out. I love you ya big dope, I'll see you again.

There that was it. Part of me wanted to cry but there was that part of me that overrode the need for tears. The part of me that was more than willing able and happy to celebrate the life we were laying to rest rather than lose myself in sadness and pain.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:32 pm

He watched his wife he knew this was going to be hard on her. With a smile he took her in his arms and kissed her forehead.

So want to make a bet how long Kiara waits before jumping on auntie about being up. I do not give it long at all those are two women i will not get in the middle of. Cole was one she considered one of her boys she had to be here.

He saw what his uncle did and smiled slightly he knew he would watch over Dust and not let her do too much. Her boys would make sure that she was okay also. He just held Ari and smiled slightly thinking of the times he almost wanted to kill Cole things had changed so much.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:44 pm

He looked around and he took a breath as he walked to the casket he let it out. He put his hand on it and smiled slightly.

Cole there just aren't enough words to explain what you meant to us all. To me you were a friend, a brother and someone who would tell it like it was. You also saved my life, and we are like we are today partly because of you. You will be missed brother but we celebrate who you are and we know someday we will see you again. Thanks for all you did for me and our family. I know you have gone home we will all be reunited someday.

He had knelt for a moment then got up and went to head away.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 pm

She was waiting as patiently as she could, but that didn't stop her from shifting from foot to foot with excitement and anticipation. She was pleased to see Dusty awake but she was not amused that the woman was out bed, she would talk with her later once she was less on edge. Kiara was grieving for Cole the best way, the only way he would want any of them to. When all those who wanted to speak were done Kiara took Losa by the hand and they moved to stand at the head of the casket again. Row after row of Elite dropped down to one knee and in a unified voice gave Cole their final parting words.

Till all are one.

With a curt nod of her head and a grin she made the announcement she knew they were waiting for. What was going to happen was unlike anything Losa, Ari, Con or anyone who had not been around during the life of Lily and Hugh had ever seen. This was nothing like a free for all. She shouted loud.

The essence of the Elite is not about death, but life. Live!

They scattered like a great black wave each going to their contest of choice, some went back inside for food and drink, others broke off into groups. Fireworks lit the night sky, images, memories from times past and present played along the walls of the Hall both inside and out. Those images moved and spoke much like when Oriana had replayed the past for all to hear and see when they needed to know what happened to Dusty. Music played in the air. Laughter erupted from all around them. Smiling Kiara walked the lands hand in hand with her King. Leaning up she kissed him.

Not quite the same as free for all, but still as chaotic. I do have to slip away for a few minutes my love but don't worry I'll be back soon enough. I'm to fetch Bryce for the sword competition.

Downright giddy Kiara headed off towards the hall, the elf fell instep beside her.

You sure you want to do this Red?

The elf knew the answer and her grin matched Kiaras own. Sometime later the assassin and the thief were sneaking around the back way of the hall. Rayne played look out for Kiara. Dressed in black from head to toe the assassin made her way to the area where the sword competition was to be held. Her hair was braided and tucked into the back of her black long sleeved shirt, the shirt itself was plain with no marks no silver band to claim her as Elite. Over her head she wore a black cloth mask that stopped just below her neck making sure her hair could not be seen at all. Strapped to her back was a black handled katana, she could not use her own for it would have been a dead give away, the hilt of her katana was carved of ivory in the shape of a long stemmed rose, accented with jade. Those in the competition had been split off into two tiers. They would fight paired off against each other, the victor moving on until only two remained. The elf slipped off so no one would see her with Kiara. Gods how long had it been? Too long. The competition started and right away, Kiara had been paired off with Condrik. She almost laughed... almost.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Lady Dustball » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:29 pm

She knew she should not have got out of bed. She smiled weakly at her son and had him bring him to his father. Toras lifted her off her feet and started carrying her. She had to laugh remembering how protective he was always of her. It brought a smile to her face to see him and see how he still was. She touched his face gently as she looked at him.

Do not worry, once things calm down a bit you will see how our family has grown. The woman of this family are no push overs that is why you better get me back to the room. I do not feel like arguing with Kiara tonight.


He laughed at her asking if she was actually afraid of someone.

No but just the epic argument does not need to happen when you can take me back there and stay with me. She is Losa's wife need I say more about the woman's abilities with people
Lady Dustball
Peasant
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Gods damn she was so pissed at herself! Kiara was able to get through the entire tier she had been set in during the competition. But when it came down to her and the last man standing in the other tier she groaned a little. She should have known she was going to be facing off with Bryce Bowers. Well she thought to herself she did enjoy a challenge and if Bryce beat her she didn't have anyone else to blame. After all she hadn't practiced with her katana as often as she should have. Her skill in handling the blade came naturally so it was easier for her to forgo practicing with that so she could work more with her daggers. The fight between her and Bryce lasted the longest of all the fights but in the end the warrior won out. Yeah she was pissed at herself, she should have been able to beat him. Squaring her shoulders she stepped into the center of the circle where Bryce was standing, he was just about to be declared the victor when she pulled the black hood from her head and took her braid from the back of her shirt. She had wanted to be disguised so no one would have any doubts or second guess themselves fighting against their Queen. Gasps filled the air, whispers and shouts ran rampant and Kiara slinging her katana over her shoulder was shaking her head and grinning.

Next time we do this I am so taking you down Bowers. Congratulations Bryce very well done, now you know why I wanted you in our Elite.

Walking by him she swatted his backside with the flat end of the katana and whistled a little tune while she walked to the Hall. Now was her time to deal with Auntie Dearest.

Back inside the hall Kiara found the lady sitting up in bed, she was weak from having been in bed so long but just the fact that she was awake was enough for now.

So you've finally proven you're just as mental as your children?

Kiara asked the question leaning against the door frame of the womans room. She was shaking her head again.

Don't do it Dearest. Remember where you are and who I am. I have every right to be upset and I have every right to say as much. Auntie I know you needed to see to Cole I get that but next time give a girl some kind of warning first. Oh and Auntie? Make no mistake about it I am going to be speaking with Orion and Juniper to find out what if any rehabilitation you may need. You won't be returning to Ithilia until I am satisfied you are recovered enough.

She spoke in a tone that left no room for argument and this time if Auntie Dearest did argue what she had to say would fall on deaf ears, and Kiara would play the Losa, Condrik, Sol, and Quinn card if she had to. Crossing the room to the bed she leaned down and kissed the womans cheek.

I won't order you to stay in bed just make sure you have someone with you to get you around, don't make me have to assign someone to you alright?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users