Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 pm

What are you doing Cor? Why are you breaking things and making your damn self bleed all over when what you should be doing is wiping your tears, getting on your feet, going to Payne kicking his ass, kicking her ass, kicking everyones ass and then make nice. Honestly my elfling I think sometimes you forget who your Ma is. You know better than to act like this. And you know Payne well enough to realize that there has to be more to what you saw, stop being so stubborn baby.I swear of all the things you had to get from your father it had to be that. You're a Shadow Cor, we don't give up this easy. Now you've tossed your fit, you've had enough space... get up Cori, get up.

The voice echoed in her heart carrying to her ears, her mind and filled her with a sense of calm that she hadn't felt since the last time she was with her husband and her children all in the same room, before everything went to hell. It was her Ma guiding her, giving her the counsel that she needed, that no other seemed to even notice she needed, craved. Nodding her head Cori stood up, looked around the room and shook her head and then went to clean herself up before she left through the shadows for Firyon. The first thing she thought she was going to do when she arrived home was hunt down whoever the elf that had been in her bed and make sure she understood that if Cori ever saw her face again, she would end up without it. The second thing she was going to do was...
What was she going to do again? As soon as she was back in her own room she saw something was wrong. So very wrong.

Aranor what are you...

Then she saw him. Payne. Payne laying in their bed looking like... looking like what? It didn't matter. Something was wrong. No one else in the room mattered, the whore was forgotten, the fight, the two weeks apart, none of that was important.

What happened?

Cori asked the question while she crossed the room and knelt down half on the bed half off beside Payne.

Paynehthion... Mani ume lle quena? Mani marte? What did you do to yourself... Aranor what did he do? And what are you doing here? I mean I thought you were in Iallia. Nevermind you can tell me it all later just tell me what happened to him... who did this to him? Oh gods tell me no one tried to kill him... that the whole nightmare with Alistar and gods damn Hallia and all of it is really over... What happened to my husband Uncle?
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:43 pm

You can sit if you'd like Jackson, I can have Abigale bring a more comfortable chair for you, as what you have asked for well you need to make sure you understand just what it is you are asking for Jax.

Kiara looked up from the reports of the days activities she had been going over with Losa. The last two weeks had been rough, there were still some who were rightfully leery of the return of their royal family, and some who sought to bring more havoc to Pallia by starting new uprisings. In the last two weeks Kiara and Losa had stood before the heads of all the Royal Nations to explain what had happened in Pallia and Sarabella had stood with them to give her own account of what happened in Iallia concerning her brother Peter, as well as her involvement in what happened with the King of Hallia. It had been a very long two weeks and now that Kiara and Losa were back home again they had matters of their own kingdom to see to, not many considering Bennett had overseen Pallia while they were gone but they still had their duties.

So you wish to move to Hallia? You do understand that Hallia is in a semi state of turmoil right now, that once she returns Sarabella will have to take on the duties of Queen and country yes?

Jade stole a glance at her king, she could already see Losas mind at work and knew that it was more than just concern driving Jackson to bring his request before them.

Jackson do you even know that Nala is true heir to Hallias throne? That Joanne... Saras brothers wife had what we'll just call a brief involvement with Jason... these attempts on Saras life are simply to get her out of the way so that Nala can be used as a child puppet on the throne. Sara would never allow this of course and that is why she has kept the secret of Nalas father for so long... but as it is with all secrets... no matter how long they are kept for sooner or later they do come out. That's why Ellysia went to Aidan for help... it wasn't just for Sara... it was for Nala. If you think you are ready to take this on and do what needs to be done to keep them both safe until the Nations can bring Hallia under Iallias control... oh you didn't know that either? Zhulin and Kayne have been working night and day to gain control of Hallia so that the realm will know peace and be ruled the right way, fairly... which is why it is so important that Sara and Nala both survive. As it stands right now only Sara can hand rule of Hallia to Iallia so long as there are no complications.... Sara and Nala both should be free of the fate that Sara seems to detest so much in I'd say about a month, two at the most. Now... what do you think your Majesty? Should we grant Jacksons request?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Your daughters have some explaining to do to you. If they do not explain it I am sure when Payne wakes he will be telling you of what set him off. He rode off on Rokou the horse he has been training for you. Well Rokou could feel what Payne was going through and Rokou got spooked and Payne went down. Well Rokou was unsure of what to do and he stepped forward he was about to step again when I came. Payne is lucky to be alive but well he is in a bit of a daze you will see what I mean if you see his eyes you will see what I mean. I have done all that I can for him. There are certain things I can not fix and this is one of them.

He took her hands in his and looked at his niece.

In all the years Payten and I have been married we have fought and made up. There is nothing that Payten and I can not get through, I believe the same holds true for you and Payne. I know that things have not been easy for awhile for the two of you, but look at him and ask yourself if there is anyone else you would rather be beside. I know for him there is no one else he wants to be beside. The only word he spoke after being found was your name and he could not even fully speak it. I am sure your daughters will know more of what happened. It is not always injuries that makes one feel like they are dying. As for your hand there is something I will leave for it. I have met with your healers and as long as it is ok with you they will take over Payne's care. I left everything that they would need. I did ask for Timon so that I could speak with him. Rokou's problem with temper I am sure will be partly fixed if someone would go and check his horseshoes at least one of them is not right and is causing him pain.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:57 pm

I do wish to move to Hallia to help your Majesties. I would not let anything happen to Sarabella or Nala. I think with all that Nala has been through and seen she would feel safer with me near. I also know that Sarabella will argue the point with me unless of course my King and Queen leave it as that I have no choice but to go. I had a feeling there was more to Nala than was told to me. The fact that she is heir to the throne does not surprise me. With the plans that Ialia and her leaders are making I am sure that it will help Hallia. Sara has been secretive for a lot of things as she still blames herself for what I have had to go through. I do not blame her and I still believe they are in danger. I could not turn my back on the situation. We do not know how many of her own guard will even be loyal to Sara. I know my father and brother are planning on heading to Hallia as well.

He looked to Losa his uncle, and he had carefully sat down and waited to see what his uncle would say.

Jackson, we know there is unrest in more than just Hallia. You are right we are not sure who can be trusted. I do think this idea you have has merit to it as you pointed out we can not be sure of who is going to be faithful servants to Sarabella. I think that we should grant the request. But be aware I also realize there is more of a reason that you want to go. Just tread carefully with what you do.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:20 pm

No shit Paynes the only one I'd ever want to be beside, I don't need you to tell me that.. and I sure as hell do not need to be reminded that there is more than one way to feel like a person is dying, I've only been dying for the last two gods damn weeks so please spare me...

Cori snapped at her uncle and made a face that showed she was less than amused anyone would think that there could ever be anyone but Payne. She wasn't the one who had another in their bed, and right then she had to stop herself from thinking about that woman. Negative emotions could be felt coming off of people any time of day and Payne did not need to feel the anger starting to rise up in her, anger that needed to be put aside until she was told just what the hell was going on in its entirety. Cori shook her head and slapped on her "I know my mouth got away from me again" smile.

I'm sorry uncle, you know my mouth sometimes doesn't always listen to my brain. I know you are just trying to help but like I told Poppy when he was trying to help... I'm grown now and have been handling my own problems for a long time now. Not that I don't appreciate you wanting to help but Payne and I will either work our shit out or we won't. Whatever happens, however it happens, we'll do it on our own. Our healers are more than capable of taking care of their King and as for the horse, well I believe I have more important issues to see to right now. Take it up with someone else.

Cori saw her daughters standing behind Aranor both of them had the most guilty looks on their faces and Cori knew they had been up to no good just by how they avoided looking at her.

You two... out with it... right now.

The girls started talking at the same time until Astrid put a hand over her sisters mouth and for a half hour Cori lay half on her bed half off it with her hand on Paynes listening to her daughter tell her the most unbelievable story she had ever heard. By the time Astrid was done Cori was seeing red and she had to take a deep breath and remind herself not to scream, that her husband was resting.

Of all the bullshit, asshole down right mean and gods awful things to do you decided that this... this was the way to try and get your father and I back together? I have come up with some real doozies in my time but none of them have ever been this vicious and cruel. The worst part about all of this is that my daughters are not even children anymore so I can't even ground you! What the hell am I supposed to do with you two? You could have gotten your father killed! Astrid... Ardis... what the hell were you thinking?! That's it... that's just gods damn it! Astrid if you so much as even think of handling any matters of state I'll take your head myself.... Ardis... you go anywhere near your armies and your head will be piked right next to your sisters. I might not be able to tell you what to do as far as your personal lives go but when it comes to Firyon I am still Queen and I not only order, but I command, decree and every other gods damn word you can think of that you are relieved of your duties as High Privy Council and Captain of the Royal Guard until you can prove yourselves worthy of those positions not to me... but to your King. Have I made myself clear? Don't even answer me... just get out before I change my mind and decide to take your heads for mutiny, rebellion, treason and anything else I can think of!

From that point on Cori ignored her daughters, whether they left or not, whether they answered her or not, she didn't know, she didn't care. She could not believe the lengths to which her children had gone. Scooting up fully on the bed Cori put an arm around Paynes neck and rested her head against his.

Well this is one hell of a way to get attention... maybe I should have thought of something like this when I was trying to get your attention... you've got me here now Payne so do you think maybe you can snap out of this so we can make nice? I have missed you my elf king.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:17 pm

No Elly! I don't want Mathias! I want Jackson!

Nala was running through the hall with tears running down her face, Ellysia and Sara were running behind her trying to catch her before she made any more ruckus than she already had when the doors to the council room were thrown open and Kiara Jade, the Queen of Pallia came out of the room.

What in the hell is going on out here?

Nala collided with Kiara and Sara winced at the same time she reached for Nala but Kiara already had Nala by the arm and was kneeling down in front of her.

I am so sorry your Majesty Nala was playing with some other children and...

Sara and Ellysia were both silenced from the hand was raised by the queen.

I'd like to hear it from Lady Nala your Highness... hello my lady... I know we haven't seen much of each other but I do recall meeting you at dinner in my hall a few nights ago... do you remember me?

Nala nodded her hand and then smiled at Kiara.

Yes your Majesty, I do remember you.... you're Kiara Jade Connor Shadow, Queen of Pallia....

Nala leaned close to Kiara and whispered in her ear.

And Mistress of the Coven... are you really a vampire?

Sara groaned and felt her cheeks flush. Leave it to Nala she thought yet again. That groan almost turned into a laugh when Kiara smiled a little and tapped a fang with the tip of her tongue making Nalas eyes go wide and gasp at the same time.

Oh my gods you are! Oh no... you don't like to eat little girls do you?

Jade looked up at Sara and winked then looked back to Nala.

Only little girls that run from their Aunts and their guards screaming through my halls like they were being murdered...

Nala gasped again and looked at Sara then behind Kiara seeing Jackson sitting at the table in the room that Kiara had come out of.

Jackson! Jackson she's gonna eat me!

Nala tore passed Kiara and ran into the room wide eyed and she flung herself at Jackson clinging to him like he was the only one in the world that could save her. Kiara watched her nephew with the little girl and motioned for Sara and Ellysia to go inside. She looked at her King and saw him looking back at her with that same knowing in his eyes and she nodded her head in perfect understanding and agreement. Whether he knew it or not Jackson Shadow had been claimed, not by any grown beauty but by a little Princess all of seven summers old.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 am

He had heard Nala his first instinct was to go to her. When he saw Kiara fling open the doors he saw her there. He smiled watching Nala with Kiara, and he then saw Nala come flying in the room. He scooped her up still being careful of certain areas on him and he held her. He shifted her onto his lap his arms around her.

It will be ok little one. No one is going to eat you. Though what had you so upset before in the hallway? I did hear what Queen Shadow said and you did sound like you were having problems so why don't you tell us about it while sitting right here.


He smiled at her and kissed the top of her head. He balanced her on his knee and looked around.

So what happened that has you so upset? Queen Shadow was only teasing I am sure. Though how you came through here Nala there are some resting remember this is a home, this is the King and Queen's home, alone with others. Some of which rest different times due to their turns to stand guard.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 am

Cori I just meant if you wanted me to stay awhile to take care of things Payten would understand. She sent me here which is how I knew there was a problem. I did not mean to offend you earlier Cori I know Payne is the only one for you, and you for him. When he does wake up he is going to need some of what I left on the nightstand on his side the instructions are right below on the paper. It should assist with his breathing and the pains he is going to feel. The stuff for your hand is right here. We are still in Ialia if anything happens please let us know. Just be careful how active he tries to be when he wakes.

Aranor grinned at her and winked before leaving. Payne could feel his wife from the moment she had come in the room even when not awake he knew her presence. He was not sure all that had happened but he could feel her arm go around him. He had felt her head against his and he settled down even more when she put her arm around his neck. With a smile in his sleep. He had so much he wanted to say to her, when his body did finally let him open his eyes and really see her. He swore there was not a sight more beautiful that his wife. He leaned and kissed her pain shooting through him he was still unsure of what had happened. But she was there with him and thatis what mattered more than anything to him.

Cori you're home. I need to tell you that it was


He had to stop pains were shooting from his chest by the feel of it he had been stomped on at least that is what it felt like to him. The tears welled in his eyes.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:13 am

Sara watched Nala first with the Queen, then with Jackson and she shook her head, her niece was a real charmer and Sara could see how the girl already had Jackson wrapped around her finger. She wondered how long it would be before Nala brought Jackson Shadow to his knees.
I'm sorry Jackson I didn't mean to scream but see I was outside and I was playing with some of the other kids and Sara was watching and Ellysia and your Papa were arguing again... they do that alot you know... I guess your Papa is going to Hallia? Why in the world would he want to do that but Ellysia just about threw him into the lake I swear she was going to! So I was playing and some boy I don't even know who he is pulled my hair Jackson! I asked him nicely to stop like Sara taught me but he did it again! So I popped him in the mouth like Ellysia taught me and he pushed me and look!
Nala stuck her leg out showing Jackson how her pants ripped at the knee and the small scrape that marred her skin.
Well his Mama was there and saw what he did and she whooped his backside for how did she put it? Oh yeah for acting like a brute and putting his hands on a girl that you never hit a girl... maybe someone should have told Franklin that huh? He's one of Jasons... whats that word when people tell you what they think you should do? Adviser? You know once he got so mad at Sarabell he punched her right in mouth, not even slapped her Jackson! Anyway...
Saras head snapped around and she looked at Nala then at Ellysia who was glaring at her, Nala you have a big mouth, she thought. She didn't even look at Jackson, she wouldn't look at him because she already knew those warm dark eyes of his were still dark but she was sure there was nothing warm in them now.
Nala... I think Jackson understands and you've told him enough... you need to apologize to their Majesties for the ruckus and then I want you to go with Ellysia and you will let Mathias look at your knee... Ellysia, could you please see that Nala has her bath and is changed for supper? We can talk later... now is not the time for this...
Nala looked at the King and Queen and smiled her "I know I can melt anything with this face" smile.
I am sorry your Majesties... I didn't mean to scream, I've just never been pushed like that before and it scared me a little.... Jackson if boys aren't supposed to hit girls does this mean you're gonna whoop Franklins backside for beating on Sarabell?
Now Nala.
The little girl planted a kiss on Jacksons cheek, hopped off his knee and went to Ellysia taking her hand.
Okay I'm going now. Come on Elly we better get out of here before Sarabell starts acting like a Princess and all...
Sara watched her niece go off and then she made her own apologies to the King and Queen who were both looking at her with raised brows.
I'm sorry, Nala is a little spirited, I'll be sure to do better with keeping her reigned in... now if you'll excuse me please... I'm to meet with Lady Winter and Lady Abigale in the kitchens...
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:26 am

Before Nala got down he whispered in her ear.

Yes little one any grown man that thinks to hurt you or Sarabella as long as I am around will have to deal with me. I need to finish the talk with their majesities and then I will come see how your knee is doing ok?

He had returned her kiss and smiled at her. He heard Sara and knew she was trying to get out of there before he was able to say something. He looked to Kiara and Losa.

I know that it is not our fight really, but I can not let them go back to a situation like that without really having people there that they know they can trust. Plus that little girl has been through enough and she trusts me. I can not let her down. I mean all that she has been through at such a young age, I can not let something bad happen to her or Sara if it can be helped. I know Elly is there but that is only one. I know Pa plans on going with them I think he would not know what to do if he and Elly were not fighting. Then with Braxton there that would help too.


It had become his fight the day that he went to rescue the princess, then even more so became his fight the day someone tried to blow all of them up. He was going to make a point to meet this Franklin when they got to Hallia because he was going to make a point to Franklin as well.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:49 am

You don't need to tell me a damn thing Payne... your daughters have confessed to everything... you need to do what Aranor says now and don't you worry a damn bit about your daughters... as soon as you are taken care of I'm going to go kill them.
Sitting up she took the instructions her uncle left for her and read over the paper. Her nose wrinkled seeing what was written on the parchment, and her stomach turned, she knew all to well what Payne was going to have to drink down. Oh well she thought, gotta do what ya gotta do.
I'll be right back... don't go anywhere. No arguing either, we've had enough of that going on around here haven't we? Like you could argue with me right now anyway.
She kissed his forehead and wiped his brow then went off to do what she needed to. She came back a little later and for a few minutes stood at the foot of the bed just looking at Payne. In her eyes he was still the most amazing of all the gods creatures and he looked horrible.
Come on baby, I know this isn't the most fun thing you'll ever do but we've got to get you sitting up just a wee bit, can't have you choking to death now can we? You seem to prefer being trampled to death anyway.
She helped him sit up and she became furious with her daughters all over again seeing the pain in his eyes, after he was through with the gods awful draft she helped him lay back down and she went back up on the bed sitting next to him with her legs folded underneath her and her hand in his.
Rest Payne an' d'nay be fightin' it none, this whole damn mess can be waitin' til ye be well enough ta really tear in ta me good 'n proper.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 am

Well now see you're wrong about one thing Jax. It is our fight. It became our fight the second that Toras came through our council room doors enlightening us to the fact that his Carter was gone... and we all know who was behind that. It became our fight when Jason allied himself with Alistar and rogue vampires, stealing Firyons Queen, stealing our King in the most disgusting of ways. It became our fight when my nieces lives were nearly destroyed... Iliana and Kira were put through hell and the effects of what they survived can still be felt. It became our fight when Aidans Janessa became too close to having her entire life taken. It became our fight when you were almost taken from our world. You see Jackson... what happens to one of us happens to all of us we are not just Elite, we are family as a whole bound by something even stronger than blood... as you should know by now in our world... blood does not make a family. What happens to anyone one of us affects us all. So...
Kiara leaned back in her chair with a knowing look in her eyes and grin on her lips. Her hand slipped into Losas. She had to wonder if Jackson knew what he was really getting himself into. If he knew or if Sarabella even knew what was going to happen. Whether it happened sooner or later wasn't really a concern... Kiara just knew it would happen and from the look that Losa was giving their nephew he knew it was going to happen too.
It would seem that the wee one has landed herself a great defender. If this is what you feel you must do, what you have to do, then just do it Jackson. Just make sure you are prepared for anything that could happen.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 am

So you've seen what's been going on and I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Nalas little revelation left me pissed off, how could Sara have kept something like that from me? Franklin Hallsdale is the creepiest, slimiest piece of trash I have ever encountered. You know that feeling you get when you see someone just walking down the street and you just want to get away from them as fast as you can? Well in my case I would have loved to kill him as fast as I could but sadly if I did that I would have been the one being killed. Not that it matters he's the bastard who tried to have me killed when Jason learned of Saras involvement in the whole failed assassination attempt. Anyway, it has been the strangest two weeks. Pallia is definitely different than Hallia and the really scary thing about that is, I could see building a new life for myself in the backwards kingdom, again sadly that is not meant to be. My duties are as they have always been, to guard Sarabella, and now little Nala. Speaking of little Nala, she's something else isn't she? I do worry for her though, I don't think it's fully hit her that her parents are gone, but then I'll see this look in her eye that tells me she understands perfectly. I have to admit Jackson Shadow has been good for her, maybe too good, I know her little heart is going to break when the time comes and he has to leave her. And then there is the healer. I swear I have never met a more infuriating man in all my days, and I have alot of days under my belt. He's bossy, demanding, stubborn, cocky, arrogant and can never admit when he's wrong and always... always walks around with that damn knowing grin on his face. Sometimes I just want to smack him. I can't tell you how close I was to smacking him when we were arguing about his plans to come to Hallia but then Nala had her little episode and that ended all of that. So I did what Sarabella asked me to and got Nala ready for supper that evening and when we walked into the great hall there he was sitting in a chair by the hearth grinning at me. I glared back and just ignored him thinking if I just pretended he wasn't there we could get through the rest of the night without another damn fight. I really think he just says half of what he does just so he can fight with me honestly...
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:36 am

I know that we always need to be prepared as many factors can come into play. I know that this is not going to be easy. I also kow that little girl has been through hell already. Seeing the house blow up like that, and seeing what she has so far. The innocent need defenders that is something that is made clear more each day. I will be careful and will look at different angles to make sure they are safe. I know that there may be more to what is going on back there then any of us know. Speaking of Family, I do want to apologize to both of you for not being truthful about my and Harper's last name and parentage. It was just we did not want to come here and have anyone think we expected anything different because of our last name. There was a time I was going to tell you then something else happened. Pa kept telling me that we needed to tell you. From the time we were little Pa made sure we knew of all of our family even if he kept us from these lands. It was Ma's doing to a point she did not want us to be in danger. I knew I could fit in more easily without a thought because I look nothing like most of the Shadow men. Harper, well Harper I knew would follow because ever since she was a baby she was attached to being where I was. The longest we have ever been apart is the time between my arrival here and hers.

He smiled thinking of Nala and grinned at the King and Queen.

Sometimes that high spirited Nala reminds me a lot of Harper though I would never tell her that. I think that is one of the reasons I am so taken to her. I know that they plan on leaving soon, and I will let you know once we are back there what I have been able to find out. I know a few were sent out to check on things as well. Thank you for understanding why I feel I must go to Hallia with them. I will not take any more of your time your Majesties.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:56 am

Well hello there Lady Nala, how is your knee feeling now? I hear that Winter and Abigale have made quite the meal tonight. Maybe we can sneak in later and get an extra dessert especially seeing how you seem to be able to get anything you want from Lucky. I was thinking after supper we could go look at the stars and see how many we can count. Jackson and Harper used to love to go look at the stars.

He grinned up at Ellysia and he could not help himself.

About the discussion earlier there is not much to say about it all, as I already told Sara that I will be returning with to Hallia at least until things settle down there. Since no one knows who there can truly be trusted wouldn't it be better that I can be there to have a healer available. Now when we all go look at the stars I am sure that you can find it in yourself to behave on one of the last nights in Pallia.


He was not thinking when he said that Nala did not know Jax planned on going too, and he knew Jax was waiting to tell them that. He loved to get under Ellys\sia's skin it was rather fun to watch her reactions.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 am

His eyes kept following his wife with a grin on his face he could not help it. She was home really home not yelling at him about some little bitch that he did not know. But home telling him how it was going to be for him with him doing as Aranor said. Helping him to sit up, not having someone else do it. He tried not to show how much pain he was in but he knew it was given away. He did smile at her though when she settled beside him and took his hand he squeezed her hand and leaned and kissed her. He did not care about the pain that much at all, he moved his hand from hers and moved to put his arm around her. Even though more pain shot through his body. He pulled her more to him and his other hand took hers. He kissed her and looked at her. He had to smile at her even with all the pain he was in her being there made him smile.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm

And speak of the devil... does he have second sight or some such thing?
I heard Nala before I saw what got a rise out of her this time, the little girl let out a squeal and took of running again this time launching herself at Lucian Deamons. Another one goes down I thought. At least Nala didn't seem to hear what the healer was saying other than going to look at the stars. So this left me alone with my "rival" at least until we reached the kitchens.
I told you I would try and behave when it came to medicinal purposes, I never said a word about any other time and for the record healer... I have been behaving... so far. Your son is good with Nala, better than most men in his position would be I think, still it worries me that she is becoming too attached. No one knows if this take over by Iallia will be possible, there are so many laws and so much political nonsense that needs to be weeded through, even if it could happen it could take a very long time and surely you and your family cannot think to stay in Hallia through it all. Do you and your sons not have lives of your own to return to? Jackson has the Elite, surely Braxton has someone or something waiting for him to return and do you not have your practice? Your lives cannot be upended this way. My Princess is not going to approve you know this don't you and the moment you step foot in Hallia.... you have to understand she is to be Queen Mathias the Healer and her word will be law.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Jackson has already handled the matter of the Elite. He has permission to go and handle matters. I would say Jackson is attached to both Nala and Sara looking out for their safety. He will talk the points over with Sara. I am not the only healer back home. This is important to Jax so it is important to Braxton and I. So we will deal with the matters that need to be. If she says we can not be there well then guess we will stay as close as we can to the palace and do things on our own. Plus what would I ever do without you and your sunny disposition.

He smiled at her and tipped his head then went on with what he needed to do.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Carter Christopher » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Katie Joy Lockheart I cannot believe those words just came out of your mouth!!
Carter had to stop herself from falling backwards off the chair she was leaning back in. Katie Joy leaned across the table snatching up a piece of carrot, bit into it grinning and shrugging her shoulders with a pink tint to her cheeks and a gleam in her blue eyes.
It is what it is Carter... what can I say he's got good genes.
Laughter filled the kitchen and Carter just looked at Katie like she had been taken over by some wild wood nymph as Cori would have said had she been there to hear Lady Lockhearts confession.
All right I think that is more than we all needed to know from you... Katie you've never so much as cussed let alone... no wonder Quinn walks around smiling all the time if you talk like that when you're alone...
Abigale was shaking her head and wiping the tears from her eyes.
Talk my ass Quinn runs around with that smile because of how she acts when they're alone.
Cyranda Jane cut in and Janessa started choking on the green pepper she just started chewing. Abigale and Carter both jumped up, Carter lifted her arms in the air and Abigale was pounding on her back.
Cyranda Jane don't kill the girl! I'm not going to be the one explaining to Aidan why his little wallflower is laying on the kitchen floor dead.
Cyranda snorted and sipped at the special coffee that Winter had made for them all.
Uh huh she'll die faster getting put through a wall with the way Aid...
Carter put a hand over Cyrandas mouth.
You have got the biggest mouth..
Carter was cut off by another voice and it was her turn to start laughing until she was crying.
You have met Stryder haven't you Carter? She probably needs a big mouth to...
Winter turned around wide eyed.
Katie Joy!!
Katie ducked her head down and nursed her own coffee trying to hide the impish grin on her face. Abigale and Winter fell against each other, holding each other up so they wouldn't hit the kitchen floor in hysterics. Janessa was laughing and coughing at the same time and Cyranda was looking at Katie like the woman had just sprouted horns and a tail.
Okay where is Katie Joy and what have you done with her?
Katie just smiled, winked lifted up her cup and saluted Cyranda which made them all laugh harder.
You know what they say... it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.
Cyranda raised a brow.
I don't know about that one Carter seems you aren't all that quiet and yet you've managed to reign in the baddest demon of them all... wonder how you did that.
Carter grinned back.
A lady doesn't bed and tell you know...
Whoever said you were a lady? I bet all those years riding really come in handy don't they?
Abigale!
Carter shook her head and looked at all the women gathered in the kitchen, she was about to say something else when everyone got real quiet. A new face came into the kitchen and Carter watched Abigale move across the room with a cup in hand.
Come on now Sarabella, no need to be shy, no one's going to bite you here.
Bet Jackson would if he could.
Janessa!!
I knew she'd say something sooner or later!
Carter clutched her side she was laughing so hard it hurt.
Come on in miss Sara and sit on down...
Sit on down and tell us if Jacksons anything like the rest of the men in this family you mean...
Cyranda don't traumatize the girl honestly, it's all right Sara you don't have to tell us a damn thing that we probably don't already know having lived with those animals we call men...
Uh Carter?
What? Come on now we all know how they are, every single last one of them and believe you me I know I'm not complaining.
Carter!
What!?
Toras....
Carter saw Cyrandas face and knew Toras had to be standing behind her with how wide the faes eyes were. She knew her own eyes must have been as wide when she saw who was standing behind Cyranda now.
Cyranda...
Oh no...
Carter nodded her head.
Uh huh.... right behind you.
With a dazzling smile on her face Carter turned around and saw Toras leaning against the frame of the door with his arms folded across his chest and a grin.
Demon Daddy! There you are! You know I could have sworn I was being stalked earlier... or maybe I was just hoping I was being stalked of course that depends on who the stalker was but anyway... what took you so long and just how long have you been standing there for?
User avatar
Carter Christopher
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:43 pm

>.<
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Toras » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Long enough to realize that Katie Joy has a mouth on her. I was thinking you all might start discussing who has the bigger man. Now Carter why would I stalk you. Yes her riding comes in handy but if I recall there was a beast you liked to ride Pixie. Does that mean your riding comes in handy with my son? Well he must enjoy your experience to.

He grinned at the women and looked to Katie Joy.

I wonder what Quinn would think hearing you in a discussion like this. We all know SJ knows his wife has a grand canyon for a mouth.
User avatar
Toras
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Did he just say that we've been sitting around discussing...
Cyranda looked at Toras like he was the crazy one now, the turned around in her chair, for all of two seconds she kinda sorta forgot that Carter warned her Stryder was standing behind her. With a wide smile she looked up at the man still in awe of how she landed herself someone like him.
The hell we were not talkin' about something like that! We all know bigger does not always mean better, you sure as hell seem happy with tiny Stryder so why in the nine hells would we even think that way? Whats more what in the hell is your father thinking that's what we'd be talking about?!
Hands went up to mouths, heads went down on tables and the women in the kitchen were trying to hide the new laughter from erupting at how innocent and wide eyed Cyranda looked when she was talking to her husband. Her mouth turned pouty.
Why the hell does everyone always have to pick on me Stryder? I didn't start this whole thing so why am I the one whose always getting called out? Katie started it just like she started the whole mess at the inn when we got married but somehow someway I always end up the one getting pointed to.
Katie Joy lost it then. She started snorting trying to keep the laugh from bubbling over and when she started, Abigale started followed by Winter and poor Sarabella looked dumbfounded that the women in the room were talking so freely in front of men the way they were. She was raised that you just did not do that and for as down to earth and open minded as she was... she found the men and women of Pallia to be fascinating.
I honestly couldn't say what Quinn would think as I am not in his head Elder but I have a feeling seeing he is just as red blooded as the rest of you he'd do just what any one of you would do and I'd end up on the flat of my back somewhere.
Abigale spit the coffee she was drinking across the kitchen, Cyranda let out a gasp and Winter dropped the apple she had been peeling.
I think...
Abigale leaned over and took the cup from Katie and Winter chimed in.
That you can't have anymore coffee Kate... good lords get just a wee bit of liquor in the girl and she turns into Pixie!
Hey! See Stryder! See! Whys it always me!? Will you do something about this?!
Last edited by Cyranda on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Well maybe because Katie Joy is normally the innocent one. Quinn is not as bad as the rest of us. He does not have the demon blood like the rest of us do. After all is said and done Pixie we all know you got more of a mouth on you than anyone else. Not that I am complaining I like your mouth the way it is.

He laughed and leaned and kissed her. He lifted her up and kissed her bringing his wife up to him

I think what we are going to do is go home and see how good of a rider you still are. May have lost your skills since the last time you went riding.

He laughed and kissed her and grinned.

No need to tell anyone it was just last night.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Winter Deamons » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:31 am

Oh sure now Katie remembers she's supposed to be the innocent look how red she is!
Winter was back to peeling apples, Abigale was cleaning up the coffee mess she made, Carter was entangling herself around Toras, Janessa was hiding behind her hair trying not to laugh all over again, Cyranda was beaming up at Stryder with that look in her eye that usually meant trouble, Sarabella was looking around like she didn't know where she was and Katie Joy, dear sweet Katie Joy managed to send everyone into fits of laughter again when she lifted her head and looked Stryder dead in the eyes with a grin.
Demon blood has nothing to do with how many of my beds he's had to fix.
At this point they were all lost and they knew it. If sweet Katie Joy was turning into a harlot right before their very eyes the world had to be coming to an end. Wiping the tears from her eyes Winter stopped peeling apples for the second time that night and went to Katie Joy taking the cup away from her again.
How many times do I have to do this? Where does she keep getting this from? Cyranda Jane stop sneaking it to her...
She set the cup in the sink after dumping it out then went to the back door of the kitchen. She stuck her head out and hollered to the man who was outside with a very precocious little girl.
Lucian! Darlin' can you come inside for a minute... bring Miss Nala with you...
She noticed another man approaching and she had to smile.
Never mind love! Quinn Lockheart you need to come collect your wife... just how many of your own beds have you had to repair?
Winter heard Katie gasp her name and Winter turned around coming back inside with her own wicked grin sent in Katies direction.
Secrets out now Kate.
Once again laughter filled the kitchen and then Cyranda announced she would be leaving and taking her Dark Knight with her but first she wanted to see just how red Katie Joy could get.
User avatar
Winter Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am

Ninde a'mael edhel Halatir.
Cori whispered to Payne to sleep, the draft left for him by Aranor would ease his pains and help him to slip into a peaceful rest. She sat beside him, watching his eyelids get heavier until they were closed, she watched the muscles in his face relax
and she thought back to times long passed once again allowing the memories of how they used to be to fill her mind. This time she thought of the day before their wedding. There were tournaments and bards, musicians, games, all sorts of activities that one could think of, Firyon was drapped in white and and pale green from buntings to ribbons to table clothes and every other sort of linen and decoration one could think of and ever so subtly there were hints of pale blue accents. Pale blue had been Coris favorite color for as long as she could remember and Payne had seen to it that color was included in the decor. The day before their wedding Cori was walking the streets of Firyon with a young Aidan beside her. Aidan who was all of fifteen going on sixteen summers and looked more man than boy. They talked and laughed until Cori was crying and when they reached the cliffs of the lagoon on the eastern side of Firyon Cori had come up with the brilliant idea to go cliff diving. Of course Aidan objected but she could always talk Aidan into anything. And she remembered how she had landed in the water wrong, how Aidan had dove beneath the water pulling her up and cussing her out like she had never been cussed out before. She remembered Payne being there all of a sudden and her father laying into Aidan for letting her do something so stupid and how she sat up yelling at her father to leave Aidan alone that it wasn't his fault and Payne scooped her up in his arms. She remembered feeling him shake and running his hands all over her asking her over and over if she was all right. And she remembered how she laughed and laughed telling him she was more than alright. That was the first time Payne had given her the look that could make her blood run hot faster than anything. Pulling herself from that memory she was smiling to herself and leaned over to brush her lips against those of her sleeping elf king.
Aye, ye sleep love.
Carefully, quietly Cori slipped from the bed and went around the room gathering her sleeping gown and brush. While Payne slept she was going to shower and clean her hand and when she was done she was going to sleep beside her beloved elf until it was time to wake and hunt down their daughters.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron