Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Jackson Shadow » Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 pm


Nala it is not that easy


We were standing there outside Fools Rush Inn and I was looking at her listening. I know that she was thinking things about Reagan and I. I was listening to her, I was looking at her. It amazed me how much she had grown and become such a good woman. She always was able to be honest with me. I had watched her grow from a little girl into the woman that was standing before me. She did remind me a bit of my Sarabella. I was listening to her about Reagan but I knew she was wanting me to spend time out with other people.

And tell her what Nala? That she reminded me of something that Sarabella had been interested in. Something that meant more to her than most people even realize. Yes she does make me laugh at times, and I do like spending time with her, and I am not sure what I can do about it all. I just don't know what to do about it all Nala really. There are others trying to get her attention to you know.


He held open the door to the Inn and waited for her to go inside.

So how are things going with the baby? I am surprised Stryder is letting you any bit far out of his sight. Then again Big Stryder comes home today doesn't he, maybe that is why he is letting you out of his sight.


I laughed slightly and looked at her, she was something else anyways. So much came to mind when I was looking at her.

You know there are going to be lots of things going on for the celebrations just make sure you do not over due it. Have you found out anything else about the baby out?
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm

It is not because of you that I feel that I had to be the great protector. It is what everyone else expected from me and how the others were looking at me to be the one to be the one to solve the problems. We both know what it is like to have people looking at us as the ones that need to save everything. I was thinking about the way that some of them looked at me. I know the way that some of them have looked at me since the Shadows of the Past, and I know its still fresh in minds. I know that I let the people down and the way Kiara looked at me. I was one of her trusted people, and all now how do you think she is going to look at me. Yes we were all born with special gifts we are flawed and fallible but some think we should not be. Yes I have served their order and some and others do not see what happened as their failure, they see it as mine. You did not fail me Oriana you are the one that saved me above anyone else.


I was listening to her speak about the different things that she wanted to. I know that Equinoxx Lockheart and I were going to have a run in eventually. I do not give a damn who you are you stay away from my Mage. It is that simple and I was not amused by his actions at all.

The Lockheart boy is damn lucky I was not there. I am protective of the ones that I love, and you my Mage are one of the most loved by me. No I am not a violent man but you are right I am territorial. I know you are not worried about the boy, and I do not have a worry about the boy. There is something about him if you say there is. I know you would want to know more about him it is your nature. Well I do not like the idea of the boy alone with you , it would not give me a heart attack but I would insist on being close by. I do not trust him I have a feeling you are right about that. Yes you do not overreact, and I know you will want to get what you want from him. I am sure that if you feel there is something more to him that there is. Your instincts are always good on things.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed May 04, 2011 4:32 am

I have not interfered with them and I do not plan on doing so. It does no good anyways anything that happens always has a reason. My daughter knows exactly how I feel about her being with him. By now who does say anything about us does not matter, you are right half the shit we would not have to deal with at all.

I stood there putting my arm around her and leaning to kiss her. I had to laugh a little about her saying bout killing all the ones that were flapping their jaws. Hunting them down was something she would do too if really need be. I knew it was not needed though and I had to smile at her. You know I was thinking of taking break myself.

It does not matter who it is that does not want you and I together because well I be married to the most stubborn of elves. Of course you are married to one stubborn man too. Hunting could be a bit fun now, though I could hunt too.

We had both been retired from things the last thing she really did was hunt down Rhone, Rhone had been gone a long time, and it had its toll on Krystyna and on his family. Sometimes I wonder if Rhone had done things differently if things would be the way they are now. There were times Rayne and I would get involved a little more even though we are retired. There would be an issue here and there that would call on us to help out. So I was smiling at her and I put my hands in hers and I smiled at her.

Staying at the Inn does have some merit to it, we can do that. I was thinking that maybe you would like to go to the States or something after the celebrations are done. Just thinking it might be good to get away for a bit.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Oriana » Fri May 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Do you listen when I talk dear one or do half the words I say go in one ear and out the other?
The mage softened the way the question may have sounded by following her words up with a light kiss on the hand she was holding while they walked.
I didn't say it was because of me you felt you had to take on the role of "the great protector", however what I am saying is, and you can deny it all you want, but I cannot and will not change my mind on this... I did fail you Aranor, I failed us all in one way or another...
Oriana wondered how much he remembered from their talks when the Darkness had claimed it's victory over him. She questioned whether or not it would be wise for her to enlighten him to her failures and in some ways, her betrayals. Betrayals of what or whom some might wonder, to her the answers to those that wondered would be simple.
She betrayed Kain, her sons, her brothers, her entire "family" when she went head on with Azun, knowing that she would allow the Blood Demon to take her life. It was a necessary evil that she was relieved she did not have to face Kain over, she could just picture the hurt in his pristine blue eyes, and she could see how his heart would break knowing that she willingly gave herself up so that her soul could dwell in Aranor... but she also knew that her beloved Champion would in time, understand that some sacrifices needed to be made, and if losing one prevented the Darkness from taking over sooner than it had, then so be it, at least she "died" knowing that her beloved Champion and her beautiful sons, that her entire were safe... for a little while anyway and in the process Azun was destroyed for good, which was enough for her. The Blood Demon might have ended her life physically at one point but she took his permanently and he would never pose a threat to Kain or their children again.
I think I may have allowed myself, my physical self to fall too soon. If I had waited, prepared you just a little longer... maybe none of this would have happened. If I would have realized what was happening with Aidan... I was off the mark with my timing, and let myself be destroyed only about three centuries too soon. And that brought unnecessary pain to everyone I love. So in all reality Aranor... I'm the one who let everyone down... and yes I did fail you because you have not learned that you cannot carry the weight of it all on your shoulders, even if you had a hand in what happened... there are others that should rightfully be held more accountable.
My Heart, My Soul Lies Within the Dragonhand.
I'll miss you everyday until I see you again Darth
User avatar
Oriana
Peasant
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Kiara Jade » Sat May 07, 2011 8:58 am

Would you look at that...
Jade made a face while she looked around The Hall of Shadows almost shocked to see that for the most part, with the exception of some of the "house" staff, the hall was empty. Those few people that saw her and Losa coming from "out of thin air" might have been surprised if they weren't used to bodies "popping" in and out of the Hall at all hours of the day and night. But they were used to it so nothing but the staff wishing them a good evening and welcome home came from their sudden appearance.
Kiara wasn't quite sure what to think. When she looked around she really wasn't impressed to see just how few there were on duty both inside and outside of the Hall, and she was damn sure going to call a meeting to speak with her sons and their council, she was especially going to have a sit down with Aidan and Hunter considering next to Cori, Hunter was Aidans second, much like it had been with Alec and Cole for her so so long ago.
I don't give a rats ass what the hell kind of parties are going on all over Pallia, where the hell is everyone? And by everyone I mean, why in the hell is my Hall so unprotected?
It was unbelievable to her that she would come home to find the Hall naked so to speak. Frustrated and without thought she crossed the room and could feel Losas' eyes on her when she down almost in a huff on his throne.
Okay so technically it was Bennetts' throne just as her throne now belonged to Avalyn, but in her heart Losa was and would forever be Pallias' King. Of course Bennett was King now, and he was a good King, he still had much to learn from her point of view especially at that moment and having come home to an almost entirely unprotected Hall. She didn't dare look at her King yet because she knew all too well he would have that look on his face, the one that warned her time and time again to stay out of their sons affairs when it came to Pallia unless she was asked to get involved but how in the hell could he really expect her to hold back and stay put? They had ruled as King and Queen together for hundreds of years, and she had ruled even longer before that, even when they were apart during their little bet that lasted almost three decades when it came down to decisions that needed to be made for Pallia and their people they were in it together, Losa was still King, she was Queen and that was that. After hundreds of years of the two of them being the ruling bodies of Pallia they... no truth was it was more Losa... decided it was time that Bennett took his as King, and Aidan his place as Master of the Order and after weeks of talking and persuading Losa finally convinced her to hand over the reigns and to "run away" with him. So for the first time in their lives, Kiara Jade and Losa Shadow went on vacation. A long vacation. They were home now though and as good as it felt to be home she didn't know if she could stop what was now referred to as the "itch"... meaning how long was it going to be before she was tied down and told she was not taking anything over. Old habits died very hard especially when that old habit was something she had been doing her whole life, both natural and unnatural.
For a city that never sleeps, it's too god damn quiet, and the Hall looks damn near abandoned. What do you think about that Highness? Seeing our home so empty? Are they out and about forgetting that no matter what is going on, they are still Elite?
She was scowling up at him and the next thing she knew he was close enough to her she could have tickled his cheek just by blinking. All was too quiet, and she was getting more and more riled and her King was trying to get her riled in a whole other way, most likely because he knew her so well and knew that if he didn't reign her in, heads were going to roll. The way he was kissing her neck, lightly scraping his fangs across her skin, he was close to succeeding. Almost.
Do I need to remind you where we are Majesty? Do you really think your son would want to sit here if he thought even for a second his father had ravished the Queen Mother on this very throne and do you really think that I am going to forget so easily how we came home to damn near emptiness?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sat May 07, 2011 10:08 pm

It was a little awkward having Alexander at the house, but Reagan thought maybe if she sat down and she talked with the boy, he would start to get the idea that she just wasn't interested in him in that way. The whole thing could blow up in her face though if she wasn't careful, she didn't want to unintentionally send mixed signals but what else could she do except talk to him? She tried staying away from him and that didn't work, he just came looking for her. It wasn't like he was stalking her, not the way his sister made it sound. She fixed them both glasses of iced tea from the refrigerator and handed one glass to him then tilted her head towards the back door.
Come on then, we can go talk on the patio out back...
She went out the door first, he followed and he waited for her to sit down before he did. As soon as they were both sitting she took a sip of tea then set the glass down.
Told you the yard was huge... but I'm pretty sure neither one of us wants to sit around talking about a yard all night. I suppose theres no point in dancing around what we really do need to talk about, and we do need to talk Alexander.
She went right into it with him, there really was no reason for her not to. She wasn't going to be mean about it but she hoped she'd get her point across.
I'm not going to sit here and tell you what I think you might want to hear Alexander, that's not me. I'm not into hurting people either, but I can't have you running around chasing after me when well for one thing I'm way too damn old for you and two... I'm just not into you like that. Truth is I'm not into anyone like that, and it's going to be a very long time before I am. I just walked away from a very long, very bad marriage and I have no intentions of throwing myself back into another relationship with anyone when I know I'm not ready to. I don't want you hurt or upset but I can't let you walk around thinking that something is going to happen between us when it's just not going to Alexander. I can be here as your friend, but that's it. I hope you can understand.
User avatar
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Nala Shadow » Sat May 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Well duh! Of course that's what you tell her Papa! Be honest with the woman. Look... all I know is, being a woman myself and all, if LG pushed me away the way you're going to Reagan I'd have him cornered and ready to break his nose because I'd want to know why I went from being someone he could be around almost all the time... to being nothing. I'm not saying make the woman your everything but she at least deserves to know why her "friend" has suddenly forgotten she's alive. Papa! Since she's been here do you realize the two of you have spent most of your evenings together? Don't you think it's a little unfair to her to go from that to nothing? Oh and Papa... Alexander is a child, his "interest" in her will fade as soon as he realizes he won't be getting a piece of ass off her.
That really was all Nala was going to say about her Papa and Reagan Ryder. It was his life, his call to make, she stuck her nose in as far as she was going to, now it was time to turn her attention to herself... not so much herself but to the little life growing inside her.
Now about my Cub... he or she is fine, warm and safe where the bitty belongs. LG isn't down at the lake, he's at Black Rose with Genna and Xavier, full moon is tonight you know, and with Genna not feeling good lately, I asked him to go help her out a little. You know she never misses one of his changes if she can help it and she's not going to let a little cold keep her from missing this, but she does look a little off so I thought it was better if she had some help. And I don't plan on overdoing anything, LG would toss a fit if I did anyway, so no sword competitions for me anything like that this time.
User avatar
Nala Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:21 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Aranor Shadow » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 am

All that happened did so for a reason. Think of all the times Annie has helped with things, how many lives were saved because of her. There is no guarantee she would ever have been without what happened. No one knew for sure what was wrong with Aidan even after so many years. Some always thought it was just because of what he went through as a child, no one knew. Even if some speculated more was wrong who would have ever known what it was? You made the ultimate sacrifice back then Oriana, and you did what you needed to in order to protect the ones that you love. You did what needed to be done to make sure that he could not hurt Kain and your boys. Just like if it ever came down to it I would give my life for either of my girls. It is what we do as parents we do what we can to protect our children. Think about how different life would be if we each had chosen something else in our what if moments. Think about the different people we have encountered in our lives. All of us have those what if moments. Some of them are actually pretty interesting to think about. Remember along all paths there are things we could have done things differently. If you had not defeated Azun then who would have Azun gone after? Your husband, and your sons, where would that leave us? You still would have had to find a way to get rid of him, or have him try to harm those closest to you. Who knows if you had not died then what would have happened or when, and maybe the when things would have happened a lot differently and you would have been lost to all of us forever. You can still tell by the way they watch they still are not sure that you are not just going to poof on them.

I stopped walking and put my arms around her and kissed her, my hand touched her face gently. I was looking into those eyes of her, well you have all heard about her eyes before. I had to tell her all that I was thinking and my hand slid back into hers.

Things would be different if you had not died when you did, but you were always doing what you could Ori, and not one of us could see what was going on with Aidan. When you really think about most of his anger was at Losa and Con. Most just dismissed it as he had problems with both. If anyone had thought for a moment that there was more to it they would have done more. At times words fell on deaf ears which does not help matters.


I smiled at her and started walking with her again.

Oh I do know that I cannot carry the weight of everything on my shoulders, but I also know there are certain weights I need to carry. There are others that feel something over what happened as well, I do have to say there are things that came from all of this I could never regret. Now it sounds like there is some music there, think you have it on those old bones for some dancing once we are there?
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Alex Steel Connor » Sun May 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Well I sat there and paid attention, because I was going to have my say as well about things.

I might be young in years but in the scheme of things I am not. Age in a case like mine does not matter, I am not some young child like some of you would like to make me out to be. Age of someone else does not matter when it comes down to things. Look at my Mother and Father. They had a great age difference as well, there are plenty of examples around us. Dominic and Shelby Grayson are another one. Age is nothing really in the scheme of things. I am not trying to push you into a relationship but I am letting you know I am interested that is all.

I smiled slightly at her, yes I listened to what she said but now it was my turn to speak and speak I was going to do. I know she had been through a lot and that she would not be ready yet for a relationship that is why it was more of a game to get her attention then to get her to be with me just yet. Now I did have her attention at least for the moment.

You do not even know me well enough to know if you would be interested in me at any point. All you are looking at is not who I am. I understand you are not ready for a relationship right now. You have not really taken the chance to get to know anyone new since you have been here except for Jackson. I would be able to understand better if you actually knew me and decided from that you would not be interested. I am not thinking anything is going to happen because you will not even take the chance to even get to know me. Which if you did get to know me you might see some of your thoughts are completely off about me. How anyone can make an assumption that they would not be interested in someone when they do not even know them makes me wonder who does not make sense.


Hurt? Not really agitated was more like it because she was already dismissing me without even really knowing me. With only knowing what I was in human years did not really matter as I was a full blood, and because of that I was older than just what years would show. I slowly drank the tea, and I would not cause a scene. I was actually perfectly calm when I was speaking to her, there was no reason to be otherwise. I smiled at her and continued to just sit there.
Alex Steel Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Jackson Shadow » Mon May 09, 2011 1:38 am

I stood there looking at her I had to smile watching her. I saw the day that LG and her met. It was quite funny as LG had been covered in chocolate and had made a mess. I smiled thinking how far they had come and they had their own obstacles they had gone through. Just recently LG had been gone to protect what was his, and Nala was his. From the time he was little even when he did not have to he would do what he could to protect her. It was not the same for Reagan and I, I also did not see Reagan as anything more than someone to be friends with.

There is a difference between you and Lg, and Reagan and I. You and LG grew up together, and you have known he was yours from a very young age though why it took the two of you so long to get together I am not sure. Now I will talk to Reagan later just not sure I really want her to know about the whole chickens thing. I have not forgotten she is alive but how is she supposed to do other things with her life if I am always hanging around her? Alexander may be a child in age, but knowing what we do of that kind he is. Also as much as some see him as a child, he is grown. He may be after a piece of ass, maybe he really does have an interest in her.

I smiled thinking about her becoming a mother. With all the things that happened in the past good and bad led to this moment. The moment I had met Sarabella and we took Nala out that night, the day that the house blew up changed everything. It certainly had changed my life and in the best of ways.

I am sure your cub is fine and you know you will have to watch out for SJ once he is out and about. I know he still has his way of knowing if it is a boy or girl. So if you do not want to know yet I would stay the hell away from him. LG is out to help Genna with Xavier's change that is good that she has some help. I know she does not miss his changes, I guess I forgot that tonight was full moon. Yes LG would have a fit I am sure, as I know he has always been protective of you, and I am sure he is more so now. So tell me what does my grandchild need? I was thinking of getting a few things but was not sure what was already bought by anyone else.


I smiled there was celebrations going on and then I saw him, Hunter tear out of Inn after one man. I was not sure what was going on at all.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Hunter Shadow » Mon May 09, 2011 2:22 am

I was happy that my daughter was going to be getting married here. I was happy to be able to welcome her home too. I kissed her cheek and I smiled.

I am sure the two of you have a lot to talk about. You know depending on what type of wedding you are wanting and who you want there, could even do it during the celebrations. Considering everyone will already be here also.


Something caught my eyes outside and I let out a little bit of a growl. I shook my head and looked to my wife and daughter.

I will be back have something to deal with now, and I will be back when I can. You know whatever you want for your wedding baby girl we will make it happen. I will meet back up with you in awhile.

I was frustrated and wanted to know why the man that was supposed to be heading security at the hall was outside flirting with a couple of women. I went down there and the women took off as soon as they heard me speak.

Your shift at the Hall with the others had started, what are you doing down here? You are supposed to be taking over the leadership on the shift and where are you flirting with some hookers? You better have your team back at the Hall and there better be no problems.


I think you are over reacting, there is no trouble on the horizon it is a time for celebration.


Do you really want to be the one to explain to the Queen Mother if she comes home and finds the Hall unguarded; do you want to be the one to face my Aunt and Uncle on this? Let's go


I had him by the back of the neck as I used the shadows to get us back to the hall.

You better get your team back here and now.


I do not know what the hell your problem is.


My problem is you are supposed to be part of the future generation of Elite and you have forgotten what it means to be Elite.

His team was back in several minutes, and trust me I was not pleased my arms were crossed and what I had to say was not welcomed.

You will be working straight through this week of celebrations you are going to pulling shifts and giving those shifts double coverage. Oh and I expect you all to be here at regular time in the morning for more training. I will see you then, any questions?


I knew there would not be any if they were smart.
User avatar
Hunter Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Reagan Ryder » Tue May 10, 2011 8:59 am

And you don't know me well enough to know if you'd be interested either...
Reagan took his own words and used them to make yet another point. Alexander could go on and on about age and he could use any couple walking around on his familys lands that he wished to, but that wasn't going to do anything to change Reagans mind about what she said.
The times they lived in, everything she had been through, it all made her firmly believe that getting even remotely involved with one as green to the world as Alexander was just dead wrong. When he mentioned Jackson she sighed a little, it was a defeated kind of sigh.
I know plenty of people here, and I have taken the time to know some of them that I didn't know before. Case and point Nash Ryder, and there is Lady Jillian, I didn't really know Stones wife before, but I know more about her now. I know Rena and Payne better now too, I guess when someone is in the situation I was in, the men as well as the women close ranks and everyone has been so nice to me, they've all done what they think they should to help me so I have gotten to know some of them quite a bit. By the by I don't know if you noticed or not but I seemed to have failed miserably keeping Jackson as a friend, not that that has any relevance to what we're talking about other than maybe it's a good reminder for me why I try not to let anyone get even a little close even as a friend.
She stood up, stretched a little and looked at him with a soft smile.
You don't even know what thoughts I have about you, or if I have any at all but yet you say I might see that some of those thoughts are completely off? Now whose not making sense? I thought the nuttiness ran in my blood line not yours...
She shook her head laughing lightly then nodded towards the house.
I've said what I needed to and I've made my stance on this pretty clear, just like you've made yours pretty clear and I can respect your honesty. I mean what I said though Alexander... friends... that's it. No promises, no guarantees. Just friends. Come on, we've been out here long enough and dinner isn't going to finish fixing itself.
User avatar
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Stryder Joseph » Tue May 10, 2011 8:38 pm

So there you had it, I did follow the letter of the law. It pained me to do so knowing that it was going to tear apart my Pixie. It would have been wrong for me to break the law though. What good would it have done, we would have been disrespecting the laws of a land. Though we all knew it stunk from the start, we knew to follow the law. So it was finally done and I was released hell it was going to cost them more to feed me appropriately then most inmates. So there I was home, well kind of home. When I got home to an empty house, I knew right where to go. I really hate going to the bottom of the lake but I knew she would not come up for anyone else either. So there was the group around the lake once word got out that I was home, so I slid down into the bottom of the water. I tapped her and then went to bring her up with me I knew she would not fight it. She would not fight me on coming up even if she had fought others. As soon as we were up above surface I would kiss her.

You know I finally get to come home and I go home to a house that my wife is not in. I mean I at least expected some food and maybe everyone kicked out of the house for the night, I mean really Pix.


I was holding on to her though, oh I knew I was going to be hearing something from her either about the scraggly look, or any difference that she saw in me.

Well they found out the son of a bitch was dirty as hell, and I was given a full pardon from the King himself. So you ready to go home Pix?
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Losa » Mon May 16, 2011 4:34 pm

I was leaning up against her and doing what I could.

I think some may have forgot who they are and what it means to be elite, but I also think that we need to trust that Benny and Aidan are going to do right. We taught them well and if things are like this, I am sure that someone else did not follow through. Why do you think our son is not here right now? I was sure that there was a better plan for protection than what was going on.

I was trying to distract her from all that was going on. I knew why she was upset and I was not thrilled myself about things. I let my fangs scrap a little more each time. No one said we got any less twisted as we aged. In fact there were certain things that were more twisted about the way that we were.

You know according to how some talk about our ways I am surprised he does not already think something happened here already. You know I am starting to think that my Hellion is calming down with her old age

Yes I know we do not age but it was still fun to tease her especially when trying to get my way with her. We all know I usually do get my way. So there it was and there I was trying like hell to get her attention away from what was happening there.

We may not forget what we came home to, but remember our children are the ones leading this and they will deal with this. We can advise them but what have we learned since we gave them their rightful places. If we come in and try and take control we do not need that, and they will not be helped by us taking over. [/color}

I know it was hard and it was for me too but I knew that we had to take a different approach. I leaned and whispered something to her to letting my teeth graze even more with her.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Alex Steel Connor » Sun May 22, 2011 3:30 pm

I smiled I was not trying to be an ass or anything but I also could not understand some things. I mean I know age wise I was young to some. In reality I was grown no matter how some did not like it.

I may not know you well enough to know if anything would work, but I know enough to know I am interested. I do not do anything without carefully thinking about it. I did not try and get your attention just because. I did it because I wanted to get your attention to get to know you better.

One is not the son of Kristian and Orry Connor and not get to know things first. The most aggravating thing for me was the fact that she would bring age into it. Age does not always matter look at those in the family, and around us that prove that. I mean my Mother was not even thought of when my Father walked this earth as a mortal. Hell my Father is how much older than my Mother? Things work perfectly fine for them. I am not some silly teenager like some would like to make others think.

My point is who have you gotten to know that has not been thrown at you basically. Nash is with Payten so obviously he is going to get to know you and you him. It is all part of that little circle that you have come to know. Do you know how many people there are in comparison. Yes the men in this family are going to rally around too, and try to help. Jackson has his own issues and I am sure it is not your fault that did not go so well. He has things he needs to work through still to do with his Sarabella. People fall a part from each other for a number of reasons, it is not bad to let people get close to you.


I went back inside with her and I had listened to what she was saying. I was not going to speak anything bad about thngs either.

No I do not know exactly what thoughts you have about me, but some of what you have already said gives me a bit of a clue. All I am trying to say is if you loosen up some you might have some fun. I am just asking you to go out to things and have some fun with me. I was not asking for anything serious.


I grinned slightly at her as I watched her making dinner.

I know that your side of the family knows how to dance like I have been taught as well. As I hear it there may even be a competition this time around. I was actually hoping you would join that with me. Friends is a good thing to be before anything else anyways. So friends with no promises works for me. I was thinking are you sure you do not need anything else I could go grab some drinks or something for dinner. I feel a bit bad coming empty handed.
Alex Steel Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Nathean Connor » Mon May 23, 2011 12:16 am

There it was the celebrations were getting ready to start, and most were in attendance. There were a few of us that were not. I was not there, see I had talked with the specialist, and being an old military person himself, he was willing to come and do the operation here. As I told him the only concern I had was that the Chief and Leyla were there to over see things too. I gave him the reasoning that I felt more comfortable with the two of them there. There was a conversation though that I had with the doctors myself. I knew what fears my wife had even if she did not speak them. Before I would get put under I would spend time with her. I had her hand in mine, and I was not nervous. I should have been but I was not, and I knew my daughter was there.

Princess you should be out there enjoying the festivities this is going to take awhile. Go on your Mother will call you when it is done. Just glad they are going to try and take care of it all at once. Maybe then I can see just how pretty my little princess has become. Now remember no beating up on the boys too much.


I smiled at her and I slid my arm around my wife and smiled at her.

And you should come here and spend a little time with me before they come to put me to sleep. I know you are worried baby, and I am going to tell you something. It is going to be okay one way or another. It will be okay.


I kissed her I had got used to being without things so much that I was able to function pretty easy with it. So with a smile I waited and gave my family every bit of attention that I could. My parents knew what was going on, and so did Drake. There was already blood waiting from family, but I had insisted about people not being there. I knew though that certain people were stubborn as they can be. I knew they had entered.

Chief, Leyla, I hear that things are getting pretty exciting outside. How about we get this done so that you both can go celebrate? I mean Chief really you should not be leaving that wife of yours alone too long, who knows what trouble she will get into.


I had to keep things light.

As for your demon we all know that too many are scared of him to actually do anything about getting near Taltos.


If I knew my family well and I did, I knew exactly who all would be out in the waiting room.
User avatar
Nathean Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:30 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Payten » Fri May 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Payten wasn't really aware of who was coming and going from Natheans room, she was too focused on her husband and the exchange between him and their daughter, their daughter who was going to give him heart attacks when he finally saw her again. Hanna still sounded like a little girl, it was just the way her voice was, but Hanna definitely did not look like a little girl and Payten blamed the elven blood, right along with the demon blood. Poor Nate really was in for a surprise. And Payten watched as that surprise kissed her father goodbye and told him that she wouldn't get in any trouble because "Aunt Balin and Uncle Jerrick" would make sure she behaved. Payten waited patiently for members of their family to come and go with their well wishes for a successful surgery for Nathean, and then they were given a few minutes alone. Minutes that Payten was very grateful for. He was trying to keep her from worrying until every hair on her dark head turned grey, but she winced with every joke, every laugh... he knew her worries and fears all too well. The night before Payten had finally given in to the fear that she would have to bury her Marine and she cried enveloped in his arms, hearing his strong heartbeat terrified she would never hear it again come the next night. And there she was again, in those same arms only this time she was not going to let her fears get the better of her.
You shouldn't tease the Chief and Leyla like that Nathean, they need to be focused on you not on what trouble Kira is going to cause and you know damn well she'll create some sort of scene she always does even when she's not trying, and I'm sure that Taltos isn't even going to show his face outside of the hospital when he knows that Ley is going to be running on high until she knows you're okay....
She was not going to cry dammit. Her face found it's way to the crook of his neck and she took a deep breath.
You're right Nathean, one way or another, everything is going to be okay... and you best remember, even if this doesn't work... that doesn't change the very real fact that I love you.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Fri May 27, 2011 5:27 pm

What... in the HELL... did they do to you?
Cyranda Jane Deamons finally came up from the depths of the lake for air. She had no intentions whatsoever of doing so but she really wasn't give much choice when a hand had closed around one of her boobs and her eyes snapped opened to see dark orbs almost glaring at her in a way only those eyes she knew anywhere could and that was the end of her self imposed exile. Stryder had her in his arms and up out of that water in record time... and in record time she went damn near batty... well battier than what was normal for her when she saw the shape her Dark Knight was in. She didn't care who was standing by watching, who could hear her... she never did give a damn what anyone but one man thought of her and that was the man she was eyeballing and glaring at with murder on her mind.
You look worse than you did when I was brought home from that shit town Truth! Do those animals that are supposed to be overseeing that damn hellhole they sent you to have trouble comprehending that you need to eat a lot? Or that you need to run? Stryder Joseph Deamons you need to take me to Hallia right god damn now because I want to see these people that were keeping you a prisoner for no damn good reason and then you'll have to come see me in lock up because I am going to find that fucking judge....
As soon as she dropped the "F-bomb" she realized her sons were there because they both bellowed her name and she shot each one of them a look that warned them now was not the time to start with her because she was upset over how their father looked.
I am going to hunt down that FUCKING judge and I am going to hang him upside down, slit his throat and watch him bleed out into a bowl and then I am going to...
She shut up this time because she was the one being glared at and when Stryder folded his still strong arms across his still broad chest, she damn near fainted from how quick she went from hellfire and brimstone angry... to absolutely starving... and if she had it her way big ape would be on the menu that night.
Oh yeah the ranting stopped and she looked up at him with eyes as wide as the moon, blue and innocent and she gave him an even more innocent smile to which there really was nothing innocent at all about it.
Stryder... yanno I just realized... I'm hungry as hell and yanno you do look like you need to eat too....you wanna go home now darlin'?
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Myra Connor » Fri May 27, 2011 5:44 pm

This was not how she wanted to be spending her "night"... chasing down some damn man she barely knew because she was ordered to by the acting Master of the Elite, and being ignored only made it worse. She had been standing outside waiting for this Quinn Lockheart to answer the door for how long now? And dammit she knew he was inside because she could hear him talking to a woman, judging by the tones and what she was hearing that woman was Tegan Lockheart so there was no damn excuse whatsoever for him not to answer the door.
If there was one way Myra was like her mother and her father both it was her lack of patience when it came to certain things... like a persons lack of common courtesy for one... and right then Quinn Lockheart was the rudest person she knew... even if she didn't know him at all.
Alright then...
She thought to herself at the same time she picked the lock to the front door and let herself in. She didn't bother to look at the decor of the house or anything else, her focus was solely on finding Quinn Lockheart, delivering the message from her Uncle Hunter and getting the hell out while possibly salvaging the rest of her night.
When she walked into the living room she had to shake off the feeling that something was really off about the Lockheart siblings... maybe they were twins like her and Alexander and that's why they were talking so close....
Not your concern My... get this over with...
Leaning against the entry way into the living room she cleared her throat and gave no apologies for the intrusion.
Twenty damn minutes... that's how long I waited until I let myself in... and believe me I wouldn't have done it except I was handed down an order and I have never failed to follow through with any order I've been given... ever.
So... Quinn Lockheart... tomorrow at 10 am sharp... without your little vampire playmate... you're to report to Hunter Shadow... don't ask me why I don't know... I'm just the messenger... and now that I've done what I was ordered to do... I am so out of here....

Myra turned away not waiting for him to answer but as she walked away she swore she heard Tegan say something along the lines of Not Myra... leave her alone Equinox...
And Myra Connor snorted back a laugh thinking as if while she left the house closing the door behind her.
Myra Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Reagan Ryder » Fri May 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Grab drinks for dinner?
Reagan shook her head with a laugh, she hadn't dismissed what Alexander was saying to her, but when he mentioned drinks, she couldn't help but laugh.
Are you even allowed to drink? Not that it really matters because I don't really drink anyway... so thank you but no you don't need to run for drinks or anything else... I asked you here so we could talk and I could maybe get my point across to you and to feed your face for your time.
She was setting the table and then went around setting the different dishes she made for dinner that night out.
Go on sit Alexander, and we'll talk some more and maybe by the time we are through with dinner, I'll have an answer for you about this dance thing. Which by the way... of course I can dance like everyone else in my family, it's in our blood and really we see it as a sin not to do it when the opportunity presents itself, still I think if I do decide to do this dance thing they may or may not be having with you, I'm going to have to be very careful not to raise too many eyebrows. Anyway... eat up Alexander before everything gets cold.
User avatar
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Nathean Connor » Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm

I knew this was hard on her but everything we had been through was. So people came and went, I was glad when it was down to just her and I for a few minutes. I smiled at her and had her in my arms. I was stroking her hair.

I needed to lighten the mood some. Yes I know Kira creates some kind of scene when she is not trying to. Yeah unless of course he decides to go keep an eye on things I know Taltos is going to stick close. I know you are still worried.


I kissed her and just held her.

I know and I love you, and love our daughter too. I just want more of my life back. I know you will take me anyway you can get me but I am tired of this wheelchair, and this thing and that thing. I want to be able to really live with you, and be complete with you. Hell I want to be able to look into those eyes and know what you are thinking. I just want to feel normal again.


I was shaking a little, I knew what some of the villagers said, and I know some other things too. I had to get better because I needed to, and I wanted to. I wanted this operation for many reasons. The number one reason though was the woman in my arms right then.

Baby promise me you will not give them a hard time about anything while I am out.


What none of us knew at that point was that everything was going to change in a short time.
User avatar
Nathean Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:30 am

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users