Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Sleep did not come easy and Payten was up and down all night tossing and turning. She'd sleep for little bits at a time. Sometime during the night she was nudged gently, she knew right away it was Aranor. Opening her eyes she was a little surprised to see her Pa standing at her bedside.

Pa what's wrong?

Richard put a finger to his mouth. He bent down and lifted her into his arms taking her into another part of the suite where their talking wouldn't wake Aranor or Emalina. Little did she know that Aranor was awake and watching, listening while he rocked their daughter back to sleep. Richard set her down in a plush chair and sat in the one across from her. He was looking at her intently making her shift in her chair like he used to when she would get in trouble as a kid.

Pa..

He leaned forward in the chair.

Your brother sent for me Payten. He found the book, the book of Histories and now you know the truth. I'm sorry you weren't told before, it was a decision your parents made that you and your brother not be told, not until Nelson and I knew you were both truly safe.

I saw the book Pa.

Are you alright knowing what you know now kid?

Am I alright? Hell no. Pa, do you think if I would have known all of this before that I would have started this life with Aranor? Pa how in the hell am I gonna be able to go through life knowing...

That you are going to truly outlive everyone you love? That centuries could go by? Payten do you even know how old you really are?

Too damn old. Somewhere around ninety eight which in human years is around twenty one. I got that. And how old are you Pa? How many lifetimes have you seen already? If you were one of our personal guards that was a long time ago...

It may seem like a long time but it has been just a blink of an eye for me. I've lived many good lifetimes little girl, this last with you and your Marm, I tell you honey, I never knew what it was to really live until you and your Marm. Your father and mother loved each other very much Payten, your mother and I grew up together, she was my closest friend. Even before your father was killed it was decided that if anything happened to him I would take you and your mother, your brothers adopted father Nelson was your fathers closest friend and he would take Payne. I know neither of you remember, your parents wanted it that way to protect you. Your Marm and I did love each other kid, it broke my heart when she died but I tell you this. I would have rather lived the short years I had with her than live without her, or you. Now Payten I know you girl. You are going to will yourself to death if you let that boy go. Don't look so surprised Payten, I've always been able to know what you were thinking, why do you think I kept askin' you if you ran off and married that boy? Knew it was coming just didn't know when.

Payten wiped away a tear that fell down her cheek.

I'm not as strong as you Pa. I can't, I need more time than just a heartbeat. That's what it will be like, we could go on our way live our life and I'll blink and he'll be gone. There's nothing slowing down his aging and there's nothing speeding mine up. Before at least I thought I was at least human enough to maybe outlive him by a few years but now we are talking hundreds of years. He told me I was selfish and self absorbed. Guess he knew me better than I know myself because he was right. I would rather hurt him now and let him heal, then find someone who could live the kind of life he wants and deserves than watch him die. I love him Pa so much it hurts in horribly wonderful ways and if it feels like this now what will it feel like ten, twenty years from now? What will it feel like when decades from now I have to stand still young and bury the man I wanted to grow old and die with knowing it never happened? I just can't do it.

Richard moved from the chair and picked her up again taking her back to her bed.

Payten, you are going to sleep now. I'm not going anywhere, not yet. Sleep little girl, in the morning you may find yourself looking at all of this differently.

Payten wasn't given a choice her Pa put her to sleep before she knew what was happening. Richard turned around knowing Aranor had been there. He looked at his son in law and his granddaughter.

That is one very lucky little lady you're holding, to have both her parents love her so much. Just like my little girl is lucky to have a man love her as much as you do son, be patient with her Aranor. Payten is dealing with more than what she's used to. You have to remember her life spent on the run until we settled in Pallia and then everything that had been normal to her just got turned on it's ear here. Whatever she says, whatever she wants you to do, don't fight with her son, just fight for her. Let her think she's getting her own way but don't ever give up on her. Give up on her and you will lose her. You can fight for her without her knowing it and that's when she'll come around and realize no matter how much she tries to convince herself she has to let you go, that she can't live without you. Now give me my granddaughter and let Bright Eyes close to his Princess. She said you weren't sleeping with her, she didn't say anything about her beloved wolf.

Winking Richard took his granddaughter into his arms and walked with her to the other room humming a Syrian lullaby.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 pm

He listened to his father in law and nodded. Waiting until his father in law was away from him he got undressed and changed into the wolf. He went up on the bed and laid next to her like he used to back when he was more of her protector. He would give her the month in Firyon like they talked about originally then see where they were going from there. He stretched out near to her careful not to wake her.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:24 pm

She was nervous about her Mom but then thought about it when she heard the baby was born she did tell the others. They all had decided on heading to Firyon to see the other new addition to the family. Cade bumped Cross playfully.

So you going to run with us in the shadows.Wow a girl you know Cori is going to be thrilled to hear that one. Con is still too weak to travel but maybe we can take Cori with us if it is ok with Ari and Con and you. I know you want to see your niece too.


With all the kids still in Astrail the family decided to go as a whole to see the newest member of the family. They had enough and each shadowwalker could bring 2 with them. If need be could come back for others. Sj even said about going and bringing baby Ash with him.
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Katie Joy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Can I go with Quinn? I know you want to stay close to Mama and the Lady of the Lake so I wouldn't dare ask you to come with but SJ and TJ said either one of them would be happy to take me through the shadows with one of them when they go to Firyon. I have to see Payten and our niece, Emalina what a wonderful name. I can't believe we finally have another girl in the family. Cori is going to burst at the seams. I can't wait to sketch Payten with the baby either. Garrett that big idiot really scared the heck out of everyone didn't he? Riley will be coming home in two days, I'd go get him now but you know I think this should be little Ema and Ashs time, I still can't believe Randy carried that baby inside her without exploding! What was he some eleven pounds? That's one big boy alright. He looks just like Stryder, I hope Randy comes home soon, right now Growler is alright he has Ash to keep his mind off her but if she's gone too long he might get all brooding and cranky again. I still think it's funny as all get out that one little woman like her has such a hold over that man. I'm sorry I know I'm talking alot again I don't mean to there's just been so much excitement good and bad happening here. Oh! That reminds me have you met Camerons Kayli? I don't know what Camerons wife was like but I tell you what I really really like Kayli. She's so funny but so serious at the same time, you should have seen her the first day she was here she just asked question after question about Pallia and the Hall and she knew who I was right away. knew who you were heck she went down the list of family pairing husbands and wives and children all in the right order. Alright my Quinn your making that face so I know what that means.
Giggling Katie Joy snuggled up closer to Quinn, they had spent most of the morning in their room catching up with one another and just taking some time out for themselves. Except for when Noah came to tell her they were going to be going to Firyon their time had not been interrupted and Katie was glad to give her Quinn her undivided attention. Katie took the time to fill Quinn in on everything and anything. Katie had kept herself busy at the Hall bringing her work for Jacob with her and trying to keep her brothers from killing Garrett when he announced prematurely that their Payten had died, she also helped Quinn whenever he needed her to, she would have been completely happy if Riley had been home with them but Quinn thought it best that with everything that was going on between demons and babies and Mama Dusty that Riley should stay in Astrail with his cousins a little while longer. Katie didn't argue even though she wanted their son with her, Quinn was right when everything settled down a little more then Riley would come home not to the Hall but to their home and sleep in his own crib that his Papa and his Uncle Jacob made from his mothers design just for him.
One more thing and I swear I'll be quiet. I'm really proud of you Quinn, the way you've helped with Mama and how you were so calm and knew what was happening with Randy, you really are something Equinox Lockheart and I am so very very lucky that you love me.
User avatar
Katie Joy
Stablehand
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cross » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:13 am

Exactly how many of us are going to be going to Firyon Cade? Are you sure you're up for this right now sweetheart? I know you are anxious to have your mother wake up, what if the visit runs over into the evening or something? Maybe we should wait until she's awake that way the old man and Juni can go see Payten too? I think it might be better for Payten if the whole of her family were able to go all at the same time. Don't take it the wrong way Cade, but when the Ryders go we should all go together, there is no way in hell I would ask Juni or the old man to leave for Firyon with your mother still asleep the way she is.
Cross leaned down towards Cade at the same time he tilted her chin up to him and kissed her. Here was this woman whose mother had nearly been killed and she was taking time from her worries to think about his sister and his worries for his sister and the new baby.
Payten will understand if we don't go right now, I don't want you to think this is something you have to do or agree to just because Garrett scared the hell out of us all Cade. If you want to stay here until you see your mother open her eyes for yourself I am okay with that. I love my sister but you are what's important, you are the one I will share the rest of my life with, have children with and be a family with, you and what you need has to be first.
User avatar
Cross
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:24 am

I am going to go for a little bit I will not stay long but I want to see her as well. You know everyone was here for Riley would like to be there for Emalina too. So I will go though will give the apology that I can not stay long at all. I am sure TJ or SJ would bring you back which is alright with me cause I know my brothers would take care of you.

He smiled and kissed his wife and held her close to him. He enjoyed having time just the two of them. He grinned at her and kissed her.

Yes I think Cori will be bursting at the seams. I know it is good that SJ has to care for Ash like he is because it will keep his mind off of Pixie. After all he is staying pretty calm. I know it is rather funny how different they are and yet he would do anything for her to make her happy. I can not wait to see Riley I miss him and I know you do too.

He smiled and started to run his fingers through her hair.

I am sorry I have not been around much with all that was going on. I knew what to do about Pixie cause I studied up on it. It was a rather amazing sight to see. I am the lucky one because I have the love of a wonderful woman.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:34 am

Well let's see there is Katie and Quinn, though Quinn will not stay long as he has been watching over Pixie and Ma too, then there is TJ and Tierney, SJ and Ash, Losa and pretty sure Kiara, then of course anyone from your family that wants to go too. I know what Quinn was saying was that he could go then come back and watch Mama and then Juni and Pa can go. If something were to happen Quinn could get through there to get Pa or Juni. I want to do this Cross. Other than that one little episode Payten has been so good during the pregnancy that she needs something from her for the family. I will not stay too long either just in case as you said. But I can not see not going all together either.

She kissed him and stayed close to him.

I do want to be here but how much hell do you think Mama will be causing when she knows there is a grand baby she will not get to see yet.
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cross » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:54 am

There was one thing none of them took in consideration when they made their trip through the shadows to Firyon. Time differences. It was barely morning in Firyon when Cade, Cross, Noah, Nash, Garrett, Katie Joy, Quinn, TJ,Tierney, SJ and Ash, Juni and Brody all came through the shadows landing right in Payten and Aranors room. As soon as they popped from the shadows the first they saw was Payten sleeping with her arm around the neck of the white wolf sleeping beside her and her leg thrown over his body. Cross saw something else that didn't settle well with him. His sister had been crying, recently. Before any of them had a chance to start whispering at each other to be quiet they were ushered out of the room by Uncle Richard. They had all just filed into the hallway when Paytens brother Payne came hurrying down the hall. His black hair was streaked red like his sisters. Cross noted how Payne like his own Queen and King was not typical royalty but they all started to bow to him, Payne put a stop to that right away.
Gods please don't I get enough of that all damn day long, I don't need my family doing it too. I'd ask why the early morning visit but we all know the answer to that one... Richard would you please take our guests to Court Hall until Payten wakes up. I'll be there very soon, and make sure they have everything they need.
Cross noticed something completely different with his Uncle when he spoke with Payne. Richard bowed to Payne and acted like he had lived the palace life the whole of his life. It was a curious thing.
Of course Am' Haran All right, you heard his Majesty. Follow me. Payten will be really surprised to you all, and wait until you see our Emalina. The perfect mix of her mother and her father.
Cross put his arm around Cades shoulder whispering to her quietly as soon as Payne was out of earshot, elven ears had a way of picking up conversations and he really didn't want to be overheard.
Does something seem a little off to you Cade? First Aranor sleeping in wolf form, then Payne did you see him? He looked a little tense and Uncle Richard wasn't exactly acting like good old laid back Uncle Richard. Somethings' up.
User avatar
Cross
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:12 am

Payten woke from her restless sleep tangled up around the wolf laying next to her. Already she felt the tears threatening to start, her fingers ran deftly over the soft white fur of her beloved Bright Eyes, when was the last time he had paid her a visit? The last she could remember was the morning after she married Aranor. Some might think it a little bit odd that she viewed Aranor and Bright Eyes as two different beings even though they were one and the same. It wasn't easy to explain why and truth was she didn't owe anyone any explanations at all. Gently she nuzzled the wolfs neck the got up to take care of their daughter. She fed Emalina sitting in the rocking chair beside the babys cradle then brought her to the bathing room for her first bath careful not to get the area around her belly button wet. She dressed the baby in the plain pale pink sleeping gown that Payne had brought for her and put the baby back in her cradle so she could get dressed herself. In the armoire she found a variety of clothes hanging for her. Some were the kind of clothes that Payten wore everyday in Pallia, others were the elven gowns and robes fit for a Princess of Firyon. A Princess of Firyon, an elven pureblood Princess who was going to live for hundreds of years. Shaking her head so she wouldn't start crying again Payten picked out a pink gown the same color as her daughters with a golden rope belt to hang around her waist settling on her hips. She fixed her hair in a braid leaving a few curls to frame her face then for some reason her hands started shaking. Maybe it was because she was standing in front of the long mirror looking back into the face that would stay just like it was for too long. With those shaky hands she put the silver and diamond headband on her head. She turned to get Emalina from her cradle and saw her wolf looking at her. Everything she had cried over the night before rushed back to her with such force her knees almost buckled but she kept herself standing straight and tall, she dug deep within in herself and before she could think of how to say what she needed to she blurted out to the wolf.

You were right. You're always right. I am selfish and self absorbed just like the princess I was born to be. You were right we aren't going to be able to make this work at all. We want different things from life, our dreams are not the same. I won't force you to live a life you aren't happy with and you can't force me to be anything or anyone other than who I am. I am both the Princess and the barmaid and I need to live in both worlds, but I cannot expect you to. Go home Aranor, go back to Pallia.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:22 am

I am not going anywhere, or have you not realized that? I am not leaving my family behind. We did want the same things Payten until you decided that you were going to change the things we agreed upon. I am trying to understand why all of a sudden our life is no longer good enough for you. We knew we were going to have trying times but never thought things would go this far. Our families are here by the way. You can go visit with them I am going for a run.

He had learned to talk when in wolf form and now he stretched out and looked at her. The bright eyes were not so bright at all and the tear drop formed but before anything else happened he ran off to try and get some of his anger out. He knew what Richard said but he just could not understand what in the hell she was doing or why she was doing this to him. He knew it was safe to run in wolf form as he was known as Payten's beloved pet wolf in that form. Well to most he was known as that with the brightest eyes anyone had seen on a wolf, though now his eyes were not such.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 am

Something is not right Cross I know that. I mean I know Aranor was not happy with the stunt she pulled when she took what I said and thought it meant something different and went off on trying to get you to go to Astrail with her. Maybe they are still having issues. It sounds like she is up so I am going to go say hi real quick and see what is going on.

She smiled at Cross and leaned and kissed him.

She walked into the room knocking looking just in time to see Aranor go out the window.

Aranor told me you wanted to see me, I came as soon as I could. Orion and Juni are seeing to Ma still but what we are going to do is Quinn and I will go back and then have Orion and Juni here. How are you doing Payten?
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am

Payten leaned out of the balcony and screamed at the top of her lungs at the wolf running.

Everything has changed Aranor Shadow! You don't belong in my world any more than I belong in yours there are you happy I said it!

Every word she screamed at him was a damn lie, a lie that shattered the already shattered pieces of her heart but she needed to find a way to get him to leave. No one could possibly understand her and what she was feeling. To go from being one thing and learning you were something entirely different, that your whole life had been based on half truths and white lies, it could really mess with a persons mind and heart. She nearly fell off the balcony when she heard Cade. Cade Deamons the bitch from hell as Cross had once called her. Cade. How in the hell was she supposed to turn around with a smile on her face and pretend that everything was alright? She wouldn't be able to not by herself. She turned alright but not enough for Cade to fully see her face. She forced that smile on her face though until she went to the cradle and saw Emalina with her perfectly soft pointed ears, her crazy hair just like her Mama and her Papas brilliantly stunning breathtaking blue eyes. Little eyes that were growing dark. Gods Payten thought, Ema don't look at me like that please, she silently begged her newborn daughter. Picking the baby up her smile became genuine. If anything could heal her hurts it was the baby in her arms. She was able to look at Cade then, she could keep it together long enough to visit with her friend.

Gods damn Cade you and that mouth of yours scared the hell out of me. I'm not dead no matter how much Garrett wishes I was.

The laughter from Payten was forced and Cade was looking at her with those eyes that told Payten she wasn't fooling her but she wasn't going to drop her charade. She went over to her friend kissed her cheek and put the baby in her arms. If Cade was preoccupied with Emalina maybe she wouldn't start badgering Payten.

Say hello to your Aunt Cade Emalina. Poor baby got landed with my hair Cade, she's got Aranors eyes though so no one will notice the hair, they'll all be too caught up in her stare. I really am alright, a little tired and wee bit sore but alright. Oh hey! Yanno there was a reason I wanted to see you yanno. Now I know you and Cross haven't had much time to get anything done for this wedding we're all waiting to happen so I sorta kinda took it upon myself to get a few little things here and there for you. If you don't like any of it don't worry I won't be hurt. Theres something else I wanted to tell you too.

Keeping herself busy and talking was a good thing. In a chest across the room Payten pulled out some boxes then went to the armoire and brought out a very simple white elven gown. She laid everything out on the bed.

Seeing I'm the babys mama its tradition in Firyon for the mother to chose Godparents for her baby. It's not very fair for me to pick both so I figured I would pick Emas godmother and Aranor could chose the godfather. I'd be really happy if you'd be Emas godmother Cade. Soon as I knew I was pregnant I had Payne get a hold of the best seamtress in all of Firyon. That dress there is a traditional elven gown that the Godmother wears for the baptism. It should fit. In those boxes you will find some jewelery I had specifically made for you for your wedding day. Every bride needs a something new, that other box you might want to open on your own though I know you turn red kinda easy. All I'll say about that one is Cross sure as hell might drop dead of a heart attack when he sees you in it. So everyone is here? Where the hell did Payne put you all? How come you didn't bring them all with you? Is everything alright? Your Mama is recovering isn't she?

User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:07 am

She smiled at her friend no she was not fooling her especially not with what she heard her yell at Aranor she smiled taking the baby and rocked her a little.

Will be right back Payten going to go give her to Cross then you can show me all these things and we can see if they fit and all. Can't be having Cross come in here and seeing any of it now can we.

She smiled and walked out and gave the baby to Cross knowing out of all the ones there Cross was going to make sure the baby was protected she then went back to her friend and sat down. She looked at her.

Ok this is me here even if I did not hear what you yelled at Aranor I would know something was wrong Payten. What is going on with you anyways?


She smiled looking at the dress and thinking about her niece.

It would be an honor to be her god mother. Yes Ma is recovering it has been slow. Condrik is up and awake not doing much yet he apologized for not being able to come but with his wounds and all no one thought it safe for him to travel. Aranor did an amazing job with him and with helping with Mom. Con said to tell you he is sure Cori will be happy to have another girl around and one that is more like her. We have decided once Ma is awake and can attend we are going to get married. I do not think I want to give Cross a heart attack I think we have had all the excitement we can take for the moment. Quinn has been taking over somethings oh shoot forgot to tell you SJ and Pixie's baby was born. 11 pounds no wonder why she looked so huge compared to the rest of you. Pix is gone for the moment at the bottom of the lake she is doing something healing. So far SJ is ok but he is going to start going nuts soon if she does not get back to him soon. You know how he is. Ash is actually a boy. So glad least one of the kids was a girl so we do not have to listen to Cori rant.

Now that I told you what was going on there, you going to tell me what is going on here?
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:27 am

You're a right git Cade you know that?

As much as Cades mouth could get her in trouble sometimes it was also the one quality in her friend that Payten loved best. Cade was a no bullshit kind of person, the way Payten used to be before everything was turned upside down. She could have kept on trying to lie but what was the damn point? With a huge sigh Payten sat down on the bed next to her. There was nothing proper with the way Payten was talking.

Yanno that day in the hall when I lost my damn mind? It just wasn't about Cross yanno. He might not be my brother by blood but that doesn't make him any less my brother, when I asked about you I really was worried you and that damn mouth of yours was going to get you in some real shit Cade. Anyway I know I didn't tell you I was sorry for actin' that way, I wasn't tryin' to hurt you or anything so yeah I am sorry it all came out the way it did. Anyway, right after that Aranor said some things that really cut deep...

Payten went on explaining everything that happened between them that day in the hall, the night he came home and what happened there, then what happened when she ended up in Firyon. She even showed Cade the letter.

So that was the start of this fantastic downward spiral we're in. Oh wait before you say anything it gets better. Look at me Cade, what do you see? You see me right? Now think fifty years from now when your an old woman with grandchildren and your grown children are talking to their Aunt Payten who looks the same way I do right now. Think fifty maybe sixty years from now if I am lucky, of me standing there alone because the core of my family is dead, burying Aranor. Half breed? My ass. Trying I have maybe eight drops of human blood in me. Did you know that Payne and I knew each other? That we were growing up in Firyon together until we were six, six in human years. Do you what that translates to in elven years? We age fast then bam it just stops yanno. Payne and I were fourteen in elven years when our father was murdered, our father who was the true heir to Firyon and not some human servant like we were told. My Pa? A Siryan. He grew up here, and was my mothers best friend. Wanna take a guess at how old Payne and I really are? Somewhere around a hundred years old. Know why our father was murdered? Because after our mother married him and became Crown Princess, our Grandfather, her father wanted the throne. We all became hunted, he wanted to keep his hold on Firyon. Confusing isn't it? Tell me about it. So I'm caught up in all this trying to make sense out of it and I came up with idea that Ema and I could live in both our worlds. Spend equal time in Firyon and in Pallia so she would have all the opportunities I was denied and Aranor saw it as me trying to take everything over when really I'm not. There is so much about my lineage I don't know and all Aranor can think is how it is going to disrupt his life which I get and it would cause alot of changes but don't I have the right to know where I came from? Who I am? All of this just changes everything and I don't see how any of this is going to work out. Either I give in and do what he says or I get told I don't care and I just want to ruin everything. It makes my head hurt. Oh and tell everyone not to be too hard on Garrett, I did almost die but yanno my stubborn self wouldn't allow it and neither would Payne or all the elven healing magicks that were used on me. So there ya go darlin' aren't ya glad ya asked?
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 am

I have been told thatbefore ya know that I am a git. But that is ok. What I am going to say to you is something I would say to anyone in the situation with what I know and all. I want to make sure I am understanding things as well so if I get a little repetitive about it.


She was not going to tread carefully and Payten would know that.

First you have no idea how long Aranor will live but that is beside the point listen to what you told me. I know you and Aranor were planning on living in Pallia and visiting Firyon for a bit each year but never heard it mentioned as half of the time each place. Did you talk to him about it or tell him. Kind of a funny thing most like to be talked to about it. From what you said to me was that you came up with idea[/under] that Ema and you could live in both your. Do you see anything wrong with that statement? I can tell you what I heard there. I heard that you made the decision without talking to your husband whatever happened to making decisions together? No one said you do not have the right to know where you come from and where you come from does not make who you are. Aranor is different than most in our family. SJ, TJ and I know we are part demon and everything else that we are. Do you know none of us really know what Losa, Aranor and Con are? No one knows what Dakota was. All we know is some how he was related to my father. So could you lose Aranor in 50 or so years it is possible but not knowing what he is means you do not know how much time you have left with him. Heck with the part of me that is demon I do not know what that means for me as far as how old and all I can live to be. It could even mean I could outlive Cross but know what I would rather have whatever I can with him than not to. Payten you and Aranor made a life in Pallia for the first time in as long as I can remember Aranor settled down and was ready to do so in Pallia with you. Did he ever say you were not going to spend time here. Really think about things Payten think about what was said to him and then see if you can understand where he is coming from on things as well. I do not agree with him with the letter but you said it happened after you were brought to Firyon. Maybe he felt like you walked out on him. Just think about it Payten before you are really willing to give him up. And realize something else if you do split up Ema will be spending time in Pallia as she is Aranor
s child. What is so bad about spending more time in Pallia where that is where you two were building your life together?
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 am

You think I haven't looked at this from his point at all of course I have...

She was starting to get upset again and listening to Cade just reaffirmed that she really needed to let Aranor go. She wanted an objective opinion not thoughts riddled with excuses. She should have known better. There was only one place she was going to get any sort of objectivity from if she could bring herself to change her mind about forcing Aranor to leave her. She was going to need Uncle Orion, he saw everything in the world differently than anyone she knew. Payten went to say something else but when she went to speak she found herself standing in the Court Hall right next to Cross who was holding Emalina. Her daughters eyes were glowing so brightly it was almost spooky. Slapping her forehead she rolled her eyes to the ceiling and took the baby from Cross. Grinning stupidly she looked around at everyone.

Um... Ema seems to have this talent for making people come and go whenever she pleases. Not even two days old and she's already starting trouble. Payne please send someone to go get Cade so she doesn't get lost trying to find her way here and explain to her I didn't leave on my own. I haven't figured out how to do something like that yet unlike our Ai tarien. Now can someone please tell me why Pix is at the bottom of a lake and how the hell she managed to keep and eleven pound baby in that body of hers without his toes coming out her nose?
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 am

When she finally got down there she looked at Payten and pulled her aside.

You need to realize something Payten from everything you said damn near anyone would be upset. You said nothing about the two of you talking about it and deciding together or that you even consulted him. It is not about looking at it from different points of view. You decided something that should be decided between you and your husband. But also think of this, Ema will not always be where you are when you and Aranor split. She belongs with her father just as much. Why not stick to what you and he agreed on, is it so bad? You know why Cross and I are going to work because we can talk about things and talk things out. We disagree about something and we come to a compromise. Maybe you just really do not want to be married and be a part of something like that. You can not just start making decisions that effect all of you and expect Aranor to say that is perfectly fine. No wonder why he thinks you are trying to take control of things because by doing what you did told him that his opinion in the raising of your child together did not matter. You say it is his way or no way sounds more like that is what you pulled Payten. Least from what I had seen before you two used to talk about things. Maybe you are turning into the person I never thought I would see you being. So which Payten is the real Payten and can the real Payten survive without Aranor and for at least half the year survive without her child because Ema will have the right to be spending just as much time with her father as her mother. Think on that one Payten think of what you are throwing away and what it is that brought you all to this point.

She had kept her voice low and then went over to Cross and shook her head sadly.

I can not stay and watch all of this Cross I can come back and get you if one of the others can not bring you back. But after what I saw and heard it was a mistake to come, for the person I am seeing is not the one that has been my friend.


She kissed Cross and touched his face. She was starting to wonder about things what if Cross changed after they were married not that she thought that he would but there was always that possibility. She never thought she would see Payten and Aranor at the point they were at either. But then again hearing what she did from Payten she could understand Aranor's point of view though she had at first started exploring the thoughts of Payten's point of view. Well if Payten was crazy enough to throw her life with Aranor away because he did not jump up happy when she made a decision like she did without him she was not going to be able to stand there and watch. Paytens words kept going through her mind as she looked at her friend.
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:58 am

I will go back with you Cade I am to bring Juni and Orion here then stay with Ma, you can sit with Ma while I do that. Well she is at the bottom of the lake because of what she is the water will heal her. When she had Ash her water was leaving her body in large quantities. See there is Ash over with SJ seems you and Pix went to have kids about the same time. Pix will be fine once her body recovers. It is rather a sight to see.

He held his arm around his wife and kissed her. He was grinning at her and holding her close.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:18 am

Payten didn't say anything, what was there for her to say? Did Cade really think that she meant for Aranor to stay in Pallia while she and Ema stayed in Firyon? Payten looked at everyone around her and smiled a little, she could feel Paynes eyes buring into her and she turned to her brother.

Payne?

What the hell was he up to? She stood there like an idiot watching her brother walk to the center of where everyone was gathered.

Not a word Payten. You are completely fucking everything up because you've forgotten how to talk to people it looks like. So, my sister here and I have found out a few things about ourselves that we had no clue about. All the details don't really matter except that we aren't really half breeds we're more elven than anything, which means we could live for centuries and that scares the hell out of her....

Holy shit he was telling on her right there in front of everyone. When she got him alone she was going to kill him.

And with Emas birth that makes the little one heir to Firyons throne that is if I don't ever get married and have any kids of my own. At this point there is no way in hell that is happening, too much damn aggravation. So Payten wants to learn about our people and our family, I'm pretty damn sure you all can understand that right? Hell half of you don't know a damn thing about yourselves, if you were given the chance she's been given wouldn't you take it? Of course you would only I don't think you'd go about talking to your mates in the fucked up way this one has done. You have to understand she's been under alot of stress and I'm not saying she's right the way she went about all this but the girl did damn near die and then she finds out our true history, it's alot for any new mother to deal with. She's not been babied and sheltered like alot a women are during times like this yanno. Anyway instead of explaining to Aranor that she would like for them all together as a family to split their time between Firyon and Pallia she made it sound like just she and Ema were going to stay here half the year and the other half in Pallia. Why am I telling all of you this? Because it was bound to come out sooner or later and I'll be damned if she gets jumped on the way I've seen you all do to each other. Payten is no ordinary woman, she IS a Princess of Firyon who just happens to have the unique privilege of being able to live a ordinary life, but she wants to know both worlds and wants her family as a whole to know both worlds. She's just been an idiot going about talking it over with Aranor.

Payten could not believe her brother just threw her business out there like that for everyone to know, that he outed her right there. Her eyes spit fire but still she didn't say anything. At least not him. She kept calm and smiled at everyone.

Well that was informative huh? Ema needs to go down for a nap, I'm really glad you all came really I am it does mean alot and Stryder Ash is wonderfully adorable. We'll be home soon and I am sure that Cyranda is something to really see Quinn.

Payten walked out of the Court Hall holding tight to Ema with tears streaming down her face.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 am

He had popped in just in time to hear everything put out there and he went to talk to her. He stood there looking at Payten seeing the tears and all and gave his sister in law a hug.

Had some business to take care of, I do not agree with Payne that it should all have been put out there. So get to see the little one not really awake. You know the stories of Kiara and I, so if there is anything I can do to help let me know.


He left it at that how many times had he and Kiara gone round and round. The others left he was pretty sure and he was not surprised that a little later that Orion and Juni were there. Quinn had TJ run them back and would come back later to help bring them back.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 am

He was stretched out he knew he was still sore but having Ari that close actually felt better than anything he smiled at her.

You know now I am wondering how everything ended up and sorry for worrying you my love. I was thinking about something and wondering how actually is Ori doing I know how she is when there is a crisis she keeps going and going. Usually I got to make her sleep heard bits and pieces about things but wondering what all is real. I know a couple of times she was put to bed next to me could feel tht she was there. Hope I did not worry anyone too bad. I am looking forward to our children coming home. Was thinking my lessons with Cori are going to have to be postponed so do I still look like shit?

He smiled at his wife and kissed her gently. He knew he had looked like shit at one point but now he was not sure how bad everything looked he knew how certain things felt.

Wonder if anyone would care if we went home to our bed. I mean I like being in my sister's tower but still it is not our bed in our home.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 am

I don't agree with a great many things that have been said and done the past few days Majesty but Payne is not only my brother he is King here. He can speak as he wishes and I know he was only doing so because as of late I haven't been able to express my thoughts clearly to anyone. Especially not to your brother. Payne is trying to help without pointing fingers at anyone. I'll bring Ema as soon as she's awake.

Payten excused herself and went back to her room. She stayed holding Emalina while she rocked her in the chair Payne had given them. She was glad to be alone with her daughter but she wanted more than anything for Aranor to be there even if they fought and couldn't come to some sort of agreement. She loved Aranor but the more and more she thought about it the more and more she was convincing herself there was no way he was going to agree to doing anything more than letting her visit Firyon. She needed more than that, she wanted more than that. Pallia was home but at the same time didn't she have the right to want to be near her brother to be in the place that had once been home? Didn't she deserve the right to try and unlock the secrets that were hidden somewhere in her mind? How could she do that on mere little visits? Sighing she leaned back into the rocker and started singing the song her mother used to sing to her at night.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 am

I'm not sure I should really get into Oriana with you right now pal. I don't know how much you heard but I will tell you this. It was not pretty from what Kiara said. Seems Ori lost it just a little bit. I'm surprised she's not back yet, I hope she's okay.

Propping up on an elbow Ari looked over at Con and brushed back some of his hair.

Ya don't look as bad as you did before pal, still don't look quite right but I'll take what I can get. You don't have to be sorry for scaring the hell out of me, you were protecting our daughter. Tell you what, if you can manage to sneak us out of here without being caught then if anyone says anything about us going home to our bed, I'll tell'em all I kidnapped you. I'd rather be home with you anyway. Deal?
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:06 pm

He had been running for awhile it seemed. He had to get out and had to keep running. He ran as fast and hard as he could. Next thing he knew his brother was running along side him in wolf form. They heard someone yell the word wolves. He turned and saw just as arrows came flying through the air at them they dodged most of them. He and Losa came back through the shadows and he looked at his brother, when they changed back to human form Losa grabbed his clothes and got dressed. Then he waited for Aranor to get pants on.

Alright let's see what this looks like


I will be fine it just pierced me some it does not matter anyways


Listen Aranor I know what is going on. But don't you think you and Payten need to talk about this.


I know we need to talk about this but her idea has been to tell me how our daughters life is going to be. We had agreed before that we would spend a few months a year in Firyon so both could learn about their history and I could learn about what is in my wife and daughter's veins. Now she wants to spend half the year here forget what Pallia and the people in it mean to me or to us. We made our home there and not here for a reason. She wants to control everything or I don't get to have my family. I had agreed to a few months here but she knew if I started training with Oriana that our lives were going to change some. Now she is talking about keeping our daughter here, yet I can see her whenever I want but that means giving up the life that I also made in Pallia.


You need to talk to her about how you are feeling Aranor it is not going to get fixed by leaving it alone. But before we do anything else going to clean that wound.


He got one of the servants and told them what would be needed and the servant saw the arrow in Aranor's arm. The servant was a bit confused who would shoot him knowing who he was.

The servant went to get the things and saw Payne and bowed to him.

Sire, the Prince Shadow may need further assistance other than from the King of Pallia. Seems he was shot not sure if it is the only wound or not.


The servant went on their way going to Aranor's room. Losa started to go to take the arrow out.

Damn it Losa stop that would rather leave the damn thing in


Knock it off Aranor don't you know it needs to come out.


Yeah while you try and kill me in the process.

Not trying to kill you but if you wake that child before it is time for her to wake up someone else might try and kill you.


Why not someone else is doing a good job of it already. Never saw her becoming what she has.


What do you mean?


She does not talk to me about things anymore like I said she decided how things were going to be and my opinion does not matter not even when it comes to our child. Maybe she does not love me like I thought.


All I can say is if you love her keep trying to talk to her. Do not just throw everything out the window over a little disagreement.


It is more than that Losa it is about that she does not respect me enough to come and talk to me about things. She just wants it her way or no way and I can not live like that. She did not even have the decency to talk to me like my opinion matters. Never thought she would change so much that I am not even sure I know my wife anymore. She is not the same, do not know what is going on with her but all I can do is do what I can for my family.


He finally had got the arrow out and laid it down while he worked on cleaning his brother's wounds.

A few of the hunters came into bring in the food that they killed.

Did you see those wolves? I got one of them but could not follow the blood trail. I know we can not shoot the one that is the Princess's pet but this one was similar to it but did not have the bright blue eyes. Told you it was not her pet when I saw it. The eyes were a dull grayish color


I told you not to shoot at it what if you were mistaken


The Princess Payten's wolf is white with blue eyes this wolf is white with gray eyes there is a different. So what do you say later we go back and see if we can track it down. Would make a nice trophy.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:32 pm

I do want to go home just do not know how safe it is. Maybe we should wait til Quinn comes back or someone comes and tells us something. Our bed sounds good to me. What is wrong with Ori or what do you mean she lost it? She better be ok. I know I do not have to apologize for protecting Cori but I just hate knowing how much you were worrying.

He touched her face and kissed her gently. He still did not dare to move too much.

I could tell when you got here. How is Cori doing? Maybe someone should go get her? Or least let her know that I am ok. I am glad Aranor and Payten had a girl now least we will not hear about always damn boys.

He laughed slightly and winced in pain.

So how is my princess doing?


Something was still to come he could feel it at least he thought he could he kept hearing in his mind the number three. There were only two demons though. He sighed and put his head against hers.

I hate to say it love but I do not think that this is over just yet I keep getting the feeling about a third one coming.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users