by Cyranda » Sun May 31, 2009 3:13 pm
Hi Quinn. I'm sorry I dragged you out here at this crazy hour but like I was telling your brother here, his child is big and bossy just like he is and now here we are. I'm really alright Quinn, honest a few little pains have popped up but nothing too bad yet. Course I know that is going to change at least it should right? So hey if you've been freshening up on all of this maybe you can me why I now look like I'm not even pregnant at all, I mean compared to the way I looked before holy crap... oh yeah that reminds me gonna have to get someone to clean the room we were in at the hall, waters everywhere looks like the dang bathtub exploded everywhere in there. That scared me a little but now I'm not worried about a dang thing.
She was chatting away like nothing out of the ordinary was happening which when she thought about it was kinda true, babies were being born constantly in Pallia mostly in their family, the only things that made her and Stryders baby being born a little more than ordinary to everyone was her lineage and the fact that Stryder was going to be a father. Seemed that was news in itself after all what woman in their right mind could deal with his moodiness and the temper that went along with it? She could that's who and she was absolutely in her right mind.
Quinn would you believe me if I told you Stryder is calm? Might not seem that way to you and all but really I've seen him less than calm this more than once, this is nothing is it Stryder?
While she talked and played at making her shapes with the water, the water itself started to move, gentle ripples went across the whole of the lake, a very faint white light tinted the water like the moon had fallen into the lake and was lighting the water from the bottom up, there was the soft faint sound of many voices singing a soothing melody coming from the water. Smiling softly Cyranda started singing along just as softly. She stopped to look at Quinn unafraid by what was happening around them all.
Quinn, you know don't you? Now I know why you had to be here. You have to keep him steady, calm when it happens. It's going to happen soon, tell him Quinn no matter what he thinks I will be alright. Now I know why my mother died when I was born, you know too don't you? I took in all her bodys water when I was growing inside her, no one knew, but the same will not happen here because we know what needs to be done.
Pixie shifted a little so she could see Stryder, she touched the side of his face and kissed him softly.
Don't panic dark knight, I promise everything is going to be alright tell him Quinn... Quinn it's time.
It happened then. Pixie was there held in the arms of her dark knight, and then she wasn't there at all, the lake seemed to explode around them water shot everywhere the ripples of the lake intensified to small waves and the signing was now humming gentle and soothing. When the sudden activity ran it's course the waters settled and the singing stopped replaced by the lusty cry of a baby. There was no Cyranda, but in Quinns arms lay a very loud baby boy. The lake started buzzing with new activity again, a great spire of water rose up the from the depths of the water, blue light circled the spire and a childlike laugh echoed from the spire. The water swirled around closing in on itself and the laughter grew louder the tighter the spiral became until it closed in on itself completely revealing the woman standing on the water in a simple pale blue sleeveless summer dress, long blonde hair was pulled to the side and fell down her shoulder, and her blue eyes danced with joy. On the water she moved with a graceful spring in her step until she reached the men looking at her in wonder. Silvery laughter filled the air again when she took the baby from the man who was holding him the took the hand of the other man who was looking at her like she had come down from the heavens. Water moved around him until he was standing with her. Her smile widened reaching her eyes. One arm held the baby, the other snaked around the mans neck, she pulled him close to her and kissed him lovingly.
Everything is alright Stryder, didn't I promise you it would be? Say hello to our Ash, say hello to our son.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.