by Kiara Jade » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:13 am
Kiara studied Losa as they walked, a fiery brow raised with curiosity, she had to admit she was impressed with how he handled the news she laid out in front of him. Normally she would have expected him to toss the mother of all fits, maybe he had really meant what he said.
Can Drefan be trusted? Hell no and the day I start trusting him is the day I expect someone to slit my throat. Understand Losa, in this world while we have our own laws, our own codes of honor,but there is no place for trust save for in yourself. It is one thing to believe in someone, another to trust them. It may seem like a backwards way of thinking, talking of laws and honor without trust . It isnt easy to explain to someone who hasnt been raised in our way of life, but you will soon learn what I mean.
They reached the Hall of Shadows and went inside together, already the air in the Hall smelled different to her.
I wouldnt joke about how he looks either if I were you, Drefan has always looked good, real good even for a drow, he may very well give you a run for your money. Then again he'd sooner see me dead than anything so I'm sure you have nothing to worry over.
She said as much in a serious no nonsense tone but the sparkle in her eyes gave her mischeif away. As much as she enjoyed baiting her husband they both had plenty on their plates that they needed to tend to. Swatting his backside she reminded him there would be time to play and joke later.
Go wash up then do what you need to. If you need the mage, then he should stay here, it would easier if he were more accessible rather you needing to trapse to town or what have you. I have a work out of my own to get to, after I tend to our children. I dont have time for breakfast this morning so meet you at lunch?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...