Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Queen Ethorrian you might want to have your King enlighten you to the full of the plan before you speak against it. Hallia will be shown what has been done by her King. Those who choose to stand by their King will be the ones affected, no more no less. King Ethorrian I apprecciate your help in this matter, despite the grand canyon your wife has for a mouth where she can not stay out of what we have already discussed. I do not see Hallia putting up much of a fight when they see the allies that are ready to stand and fight. Now I must take my leave to do as is needed.

He was angrier than he could ever remember being at Cori, she should know he would not let the truly innocent die. He also knew that he could not allow Jason nor the ones who knew what he was up to live. He was not going to risk more trouble being brought because of him or his people. With a sigh he moved to get some rest. He was not going to trust Elyssia with what was to be done. He did not know her and did not know if the situation was true.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm

When his daughter had been brought to him he pulled her into his arms. He found out why she was so hysterical and slowly he put her to sleep. He knew he could not do anything for her if James was truly dead. When Kiara returned and told his daughter what she did. He started to wonder if this was the best place for her. He wanted her not to have to go through anymore nightmares than she had already been. He went and sat by his daughter as he would when the girls were younger and were sick. He sighed and the tears quietly fell. HIs youngest child had been through so much. More than anyone could understand. More than any would ever know. He looked at her there sleeping like a peaceful babe.

I am sorry Iliana I had no idea how much was going to happen to you. I should have found out more from you about Alistar. I will do all I can for you Annie.


He did not know when it happened but he drifted off while sitting next to her. Though just like with when she was young and sick movement would wake him up. He had to be sure that she knew that James was alive. He knew it was going to destroy his daughter to think otherwise.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:31 pm

So it is true.

Payten arrived at the ruins with her father Richard Carson at her side, Richard was considered an Ancient among the Siryans and held in the highest regard as was Nolan, the man who had taken in Paytens twin brother Payne. Both men spent the whole of their immortal lives thus far guarding the children and the true heirs of Firyon. Payten trusted no one save for Aranor as she trusted Richard but after hearing the rumors that so many tried to keep from her and then learning that those same rumors were true for the first time since meeting Aranor that trust wavered. She kept thinking of what Aranor had told her. No matter what she heard she had to believe in him, and she did until she learned the horrible truth about their youngest daughter. Her head tilted slightly, her eyes stayed on Aranor who was sitting beside their sleeping daughter while she spoke to Richard.

Find Ellysia, return with her to Hallia and wait for whatever it is that is to happen. Sarabella will need the only mother she has known at her side once she is free from that bastard.

Payten spoke with the tone of her title and position as Princess Royal of Firyon, meaning she had once held the title of Crown Princess and had been destined to be Queen until she passed the crown to her brother whom she saw as rightful heir of Firyon. Her father, the only father she knew because her blood father had been murdered in a conspiracy against the throne, put a hand on her shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. Payten knew that Richard was furious over the situation that Iliana had been placed in, whether it was by choice or not was of no concern to her father for one reason. No matter what the circumstances were Richard kept Payten safe, kept the secret he harbored for decades to protect his daughter and to learn that his grandchild had been put in harms way it was unthinkable to him. But he kept his thoughts to himself and worked to cool his anger towards his son in law and the Queen of Pallia for the sake of his daughter, his grandchildren and the relationships that had been built over the years between himself and his second family. He knew Aranor was a good man, Kiara a good woman and neither were infallible, none of them were. He only hoped that his Payten would remember the same thing.

Think before you speak Payten, don't let that mouth of yours get the better of you honey.

Payten simply nodded and waited until her father was gone leaving her and Aranor alone. She did think like her father told her to before she spoke but she still could not keep her anger and her fears for her daughter from rising to the surface.

How long were you and Kiara going to let it go on for? Until Annie was made Queen? Or bore his children? When was it going to be enough? What more does she need to do...or has she done enough to satisfy you and your Queen? Aranor how could you not think of everything... how could both of you go to her and ask so much of her knowing that she would do whatever you asked of her because you are her father and despite any path that she had chosen for herself she would never deny you. Why did so many twisted games need to be played to bring us all to this moment? Whats more... how do we keep our daughter from any more harm? Can you protect her now from the demons that are going to haunt her for the rest of her days? Can you Aranor?
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Sarabella had been pacing for hours waiting for someone, anyone to come to her whether it was to bring food, water or news of what had happened to her guardian and the woman who had the most influence in her life. Born into the world the child of a King and his mistress Sara had been one of the fortunate ones. Her father had claimed her before she had even been born and until his death loved her unconditionally. She had been doted on and pampered her whole life, but she had also been taught humility, respect for all societies classes and above all else she knew compassion. Ellysia would not allow her to be raised any other way, and with her mother having died bringing her into the world, Sarabellas father knew that she was going to need a womans understanding throughout her life. Locked away in her chambers, her doors and balconies guarded Sarabella was really waiting for the time of her death to arrive, once she realized that Jason, her half brother and king of Hallia had learned that she was involved in the plot to have him assassinated for his crimes against Firyon and Pallia, her fate was sealed. Jason could not risk allowing her live should others learn from her the truth of Hallias King, of his betrayals against the Royal and Elven Nations. The only time she saw her brother was when he first came to her, she had been sitting in the very room that was now her prison reading pretending that nothing was out of sorts as she had been for weeks. When he approached her she had been smiling but that smile ceased when he slapped her so hard she saw white pin pricks of light then he grabbed her by the arms digging his fingers into her flesh. He brought his face so close to hers for a minute she thought the unthinkable and through gritted teeth he growled his words at her.

I loved you more than anything Sarabella... more than anything and this is how you show your love for me... by trying to have me killed? If this is how you wish your affections to be shown then so be it...

Sara was thrown from him back onto the settee and when her brother left the room she heard him give the order that made her blood run cold.

In two days.... at sunset on the second day... she dies. Do not let her leave this room... find that Siryan bitch Ellysia and see to it that she does not live to see another day.


That had been yesterday. One day was left and Sara knew nothing of Elyssias fate, but if her guard was truly dead surely the Siryans loyal to Sarabella and Hallia herself would have told her, she would have heard something anything... but there was nothing. Frustrated now Sara laid down on her bed, her mind picked up where it had left off earlier, she was still trying to find some way to escape and keep her head.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Do you really think I knew what was going to happen to her? Do you really think I would want our baby girl hurt in any way? No one knew it was going to be so long until Losa's soul was found. Do you really think that I wanted to be locked up and caged like some damn animal since the start of all this? Do you think I wanted to be away from my wife, our daughters? The only two that really knew anything about Alistar before this was Kyle and Iliana. If I had believed the bastard could do anything like that I would never have let her agree to it. For gods sake Payten you should know I would put either of our children before anything else. Or did you really think... you have to know me better than that.

He looked at her his eyes showed more than anything how upset he was over everything. He sighed and ran his hand through his daughters hair. He leaned his head back some.

Do you think as her father that I would not protect her do you think I would love her any less? I have always loved both my daughters from the moment I found out you were carrying our child. Do you really think I would risk either of them for anyone?


He remembered a conversation that they had and then he realized that might have been what she was trying to tell him.

Gods Payten what kind of father am I that I could not protect her? I should have known. I wish I could make everything right for her, she should never have even felt like she had to do what she did.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 pm

He read over what information he had moving people through the Shadows to their destination. He looked over what he was told about where she was being kept. He knew this would be quite tricky. He would have to use what he knew and was going to be glad when it was over. His cousins may have been of royal blood but he never wanted any part of that at all. He wanted to be a part of the Elite and get a chance to prove himself. Though this was not from their true King he knew it would be a chance to prove himself to people, and to show them what he could do. He knew why the allies had been called in and he stood ready to meet with them. The others would provide some distraction while the few that were to go inside went inside and took care of the matters there. He shook his head and started talking over things with Elder. He knew why Elder was included because by right that man was going to be the one to kill Jason. What Jason was thinking when he thought to mess with those of Elder's family he was not sure but that is what made Elder so important yet so dangerous.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Valiant Ethrorrian » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:00 am

He watched from the trees as was expected of him. He knew how to hide in them better than most people even realized. He had been watching in them and had seen where guards were being moved to. The moves seemed rather strange so he made his way back to Firyon and reported the moves to his father. He knew that in turn his father would let Aidan or someone know. "Losa" was on a rampage of sorts since finding out about the loss of Iliana in Ialia. New plans were being laid out and he was finding out whatever he could and reporting it back to his parents. He knew that his family would do what they had to given that so much was at stake. He also knew that Firyon's army was on the move not all of it just enough to help with what was requested. They were heading to Hallia and Valiant knew that. He was thankful for the ability to shadowwalk which also made his times in the trees easier. He shook his head with a grin as he listened again to a guard that had what was the term that was used about Aidan and his mother's mouth at times the grand canyon of a mouth. He listened being sure of everything he was hearing about Hallia and all and he knew his sister Ardis would need to know about the things that pertained to the moves being made. They had to get to the Princess there. He thought about going along as few could move unseen like him in the trees and strange areas but he knew where he would serve everyone the best.
User avatar
Valiant Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:54 am

You sure as hell do not want me answering that question right now Aranor Shadow... not when you kept what she was doing from me... me! I'm her mother and you thought what? You couldn't tell me because I might spill all the dirty little secrets that have been being thrown back and forth between you and Kiara?

Payten was shaking and a wind blew threw the ruins warning all within that the Princess Royal of Firyon was not happy. It was no secret that Payten harbored her own natural magics, woodland magics of sorts that left her with the ability to control the elements of nature. Her daughters were born with their own arcanic gifts give by both their mother and their father and each daughter was brilliant, unique and beautiful in their own right. Payten should have done something, said something anything to try and bring some sort of comfort to her husband but her own emotions were running too high.

Is this why you made me leave Pallia? Why I was forced to go to Firyon... so I wouldn't get in the way of your plans concocted with your precious Queen to use my child as a pawn?! Well what are your plans now when she does not return to him because if you think for one gods damn second that I am just going to let you pick her up, dust her off and send her back to that monster you must really have me confused with someone else!

Payten and Aranor had their fair share of disagreements over the years, some were down right brutal but none were as bad as what they were going through now. She was angrier than she had ever been and even though his eyes speaking the truth for him, even though Payten could see how torn he was she was too furious with him to feel even an ounce of pity, sympathy or understanding for his own pain.

You never would have allowed Emmie to do something like this... you would have fought tooth and nail and threatened me with divorce if I would have tried to do something like this yet you went willingly to your own flesh and blood... your own daughter and asked her to take part in this madness... and what do you think you can do for her now? Just get the hell away from her Aranor... you can't fix this.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:05 am

Can you hear me better this way Aidan Connor Shadow!

Cori had been mad as hell at Aidan, especially when he made the comment about her mouth so she had it set in her head when she went through the shadows that she was going to remind him just how big her mouth really was. She crept out of the shadows in Aidans room within the ruins soundlessly, took a deep breath and bellowed as loud as she could close to his ear. Thank the damn gods she was light on her feet and had great reflexes because when Aidan jumped up he was swinging and she was ducking to avoid being laid out by her cousin. Coming out of the tuck she bent herself into she pushed her down on the bed and with her hands on her hips was glaring at him with her mothers sapphire eyes.

The next time I send someone to you in their time of need and you cop attitude like that I'll slap you until you get some sense in your gods damn head Aidan. And I don't want to hear one damn thing about how I don't understand either because don't forget just who the hell I am. You think it's hard running the Order? Try running an entire Kingdom and see what that's like. Oh wait I forgot you gave that job to Bennett. Well after your little tantrum... what the hell were you thinking having Jax putting a blade to a ladys throat when she was only kneeling to you like is expected... after your little episode it's a damn good thing Benny will be king. Now if you are through being a jackass will you please tell me that I can break out the bow and arrows? I feel the need to shoot someone in the face and if everyone else is good enough to take part in reclaiming Pallia I sure as hell am too. It was my home long before Firyon after all.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:21 am

I kept nothing from you when the hell did you think I found out about this. Did you forget where I have been since this damn thing started? Do you really think if I had found out what was going on I would have let it happen. Are you serious, do you not know me at all? Do you know up until my death was faked I had no idea of what the hell was going on? Hell of a shock for me too. I am not leaving my daughter just as she needs her mother, I need to be with her as well. She believes she killed James. I am not perfect Payten, but do you really think I would do something like this?

He looked at her like she did not know him at all and he shook his head slightly. Looking at his daughter his heart was breaking for her and he sighed looking at her.

I am not sending her anywhere except if she wants to be sent to Ialia because that is where James is and where her heart lays. That is where she needs to be just like where I need to be is where you are. But to protect everyone I put myself in a position that got me put in jail, that made me separated from everything and everyone. Do you really think I would let Annie go through this knowingly.


He looked at his daughter he still had not moved from her side and he would not until he absolutely had to.

You want to know the only reason why the man lives for the moment is so that the souls can be switched. You are the one Payten that was not locked up, that had more access to things than I did. Where the hell did you think I was? Do you think it was easy for me not knowing what was going on with all of you. Not knowing if you stayed in Firyon, and not knowing what was going to happen. If I heard what was going on from anyone I would have been out and doing something about it. Not sitting back that is not my way not when it comes to our children.


He was irritated and was getting more so as he talked.

Emmie has always been more like me in her studies and such. But you know that Annie also had my heart from the moment I found out you were pregnant and when I held her the world seemed to stop for the moment. Do you really think I would put my baby girl in that position? Really Payten you have known me this long, do you really think that I would do that?
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:34 am

Jax thought he was protecting his Prince, he could smell blood and thought he saw a weapon. She did not identify herself as someone that you sent. You did not contact me and let me know anything now did you. With all going on did you really think I was just going to let someone come in here and trust them right off without knowing a damn thing about them? Oh yeah your job as Queen has been so hard when your daughter runs the Army and your other daughter takes care of all the negotiating you got a real hard job there Cori. We just got report from your husband of where certain people that Alistar brought in are and a bow and arrow should be fine to go after them. Let me tell you something though do not mistake that I am going to do what needs to be done for Pallia and my family. Do you know why Benny is going to be King because I never wanted the damn thing. I never wanted a thing to do with that stuff, the Elite has always been what I am about.

He was scowling at her and he shook his head. He had enough going on.

What the hell were you thinking of you could have just contacted one of us and all of this would have been avoided now wouldn't it have been. Oh wait let me guess you have no fault in this. You just send a damn stranger that we do not know looking for us and coming here asking us to rescue someone when we are in the midst of going into the biggest war any of us have ever had to face. Oh and it is only my father's soul, and all that my ancestors have fought to build that is at stake.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 am

A blonde brow arched up, a pointed ear twitched and a smile, curled and a little twisted turned the corners of Coris mouth.

This coming from the little boy who would be king only he knew he couldn't cut it so he passed it off to someone else... this coming from the little boy who didn't realize he was actually a grown man until he was forced to grow up. Just what is it do you think I do with my time your highness? Wait. Don't answer that.

Coris nose wrinkled a little. When was the last time she and Aidan really had it out? Probably too long and given the stresses he was under and the stresses she was under, stresses he could believe were there or not it didn't matter at that point, they were bound to have a go at each other eventually. Fighting with Aidan was... what was the word? Safe. From the time they could talk they would fight and have to be separated, but they weren't children anymore and now when they fought, most people ran.

I know for damn sure that you know who the hell Sarabella is and I know you know the mark of the Siryan guard... you're going to tell me that you didn't have enough sense to put it all together? Did it ever occur to you that Ellysia didn't speak my name because she was trying to avoid any real confrontation? The fact that she had to threaten you with coming to me should have given it away. Hell she laid out her entire history for you in one breath and you still behaved like a monkey! Do you know why you smelled blood Aid? Because they tried to kill Ellysia it's that simple. She was wounded when she came to you. The point I am trying to make is you sure as hell might look like your mama but damn if you cannot think like your mama gods help us all. Aidan even in the worst of times your mama does not act like a complete nut... maybe you need to pay more attention to what she does so you know the right way to handle whatever is thrown at you....

So maybe she was being a little hard on her cousin, and maybe it was because she had wanted to do so much more but between Aidan, Payne, and her parents she had been forbidden and it was starting to drive her a little insane. She opened her mouth to say something else then sighed heavily. Her shoulders dropped and she shook her head.

You know for what its worth Aid I am proud of you, you have kicked some ass taking on the Order the way you have... just wish you didn't think I needed to be left out all the time now. Just because I wear a crown and have a title doesn't mean I've become useless. Go back to sleep Aidan.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:32 am

Don't you dare sit there and act like you did everything you could. How was getting yourself locked up helping anyone? I worried day in and day out that I was going to be brought news of your death... I worried day in and day out that Emalina was going to be discovered in Iallia alive, and when I was told that Iliana was safe I believed the lies I was fed. You never told me that Iliana was being used as a spy, or bait or whatever you want to call it. You only told me that no matter what I heard or even saw that I should believe in you no matter what and the really sad thing is I did believe in you with everything I am. Iliana was not safe for even a moment and it's your fault! You had no right to go to her, Kiara had no right to allow Iliana to get involved in even the slightest bit and neither of you had any damn right to keep what was going on from me! I carried that little girl inside me for nine months, felt every move she made since before she was born, I took care of her while she grew in my belly and you two... you two thought to involve her no matter what you thought would or would not happen and neither of you had enough respect for me as her mother to at least tell me? Oh no Aranor you are not going to get off that easy. You might not have known what that pig was going to expect from her but the very real truth is if you did not put her in that position in the first place...

Payten couldn't finish what she was going to say. She felt like someone had taken a dagger and not only drove it into her heart but twisted it too. How could Aranor not have told her?

You did let her go through it all willingly the minute you asked her to get involved. You are always so worried about your brothers and their lives but you didn't stop and think for even a second about what your actions were doing to the lives of the people you claim to love more than anything in this world, what it was doing to Annie. If this is how you show your love for her and your love for me... we might just be better off without it then.

Payten couldn't even look at him anymore and she turned away fully intending on making plans to take Iliana back to Firyon and from there she would send for James Kensington, whatever Iliana wanted to do, whatever her daughter needed making sure that Annie was taken care of was now Paytens only concern.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:34 am

So I am supposed to just believe any woman that comes smelling like blood is perfectly safe to be here. I guess I am just not as good as you your Majesty. Maybe you should go back to Pallia where you are nice and comfortable not having to do a damn thing while your husband and children handle it all. So if Lindsay came in here being hurt and all I am supposed to believe her too. For fucks sake anyone can use magic to duplicate things and with who we are taking on you really think I am going to go into anything without being sure. My cousin did as he thought was best to make sure I was protected she would not have been hurt at all but she tried to bust his face with her head. She is damn lucky she was not killed.

He was glaring at her and stood.

This coming from the woman that the only reason she is Queen is because she married into it. I did what was best for Pallia as far as giving Benny the crown. I knew it was not for me and I would not be the King that Pallia would need they need someone more like my father and I am not that. Did you ever really grow up your Majesty you went from being a mouthy nosy brat to what I see no difference than that you have a crown on your head. Or was it not you that interfered so much that Valiant almost lost it? Where were you when people's lives were on the line when your daughter was in danger and damn near died. Oh I forgot you stay in your cushiony little palace while others do the real work.


He said the last words in almost a growl.

For what its worth go back to your cushiony life that you get to sit on high and judge others that are actually trying to protect their family and their way of life. You have no idea what anyone sacrificed to see that Firyon remained untouched other than having Aranor locked up. Not that one of you even tried to secure his release. Which wait till Payten sees what Aranor was put through, do you even have any idea what lengths people went to, to keep Firyon safe?


He knew she had no idea what Iliana had been through, what Aranor had been through but Aranor would not speak of what happened to him. Aidan knew about the things that had happened in those cells below, he also knew that certain guards loyal to Alistar would be paying with their lives.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:49 am

Iliana was playing the part in it that she chose to play. Do you really think I chose anything other than to keep my family safe. Did you even stop to think that I just found out what the hell had been going on? She did not tell me what was going on in Pallia the little I got to see of anyone other than the guards that would knock the shit out of me because of who I was. They thought it great to beat on the fallen Prince of Firyon. You think I would go through all that I did just to let my daughter have what happened happen? You know what I do not need is I do not need you judging something you obviously do not know. I did what I could to keep war from touching Firyon, from touching you. You want to think you would be better off without me than go Payten. I have enough going on with trying to help Iliana and trying to heal myself to get stronger before we have to go after the bastard that did this. You had the safest part of any of us, I am sure you received more updates on what was going on in Pallia than I did. You want to know what I got to see while I was being held captive I saw people that did this.

He stood taking off his shirt showing the different marks that would show he was tortured while in the cells. Not just whip marks but burn marks and other markings.

You want to know why I was done in so because I refused to give up the information about Firyon and if there was a way to get to your brother and you. They wanted to kill the both of you not definitely from Alistar but from someone. All I can tell you is that what was done to keep all of you safe you have not a damn clue about. There was a ward that was in place that I could not find a way around still not sure why totally or do you really think I would not have been doing all I could to see what was going on. I would give my life for you, and for our children. Anyone that thinks otherwise truly does not know me.


He growled slightly something he usually would not do and he looked over at her.

I kept nothing from you I went to finding out about this and before I could do much of anything I had Condrik bringing our daughter into me and I was doing what I could for her. Excuse me for not running right to you when our daughter needed me to do what I could to bring her peace until I could find out what was going on with James. And what was I to do just up and leave her alone so that I could go running to you with news as sickening as I had found out? I could not leave her alone and I would think you would understand that. If you can not than I am sorry that you think I am such a bastard. And maybe you are the one that needs to look at how they love Payten. You love me but you think I could be capable of allowing such things to happen to our child? Have you gone mad?
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:59 am

I can't do this anymore.

Payten had intended on going back to Firyon but was stopped cold when Aranor started again, she turned back around and what she saw made the words come out of her mouth, what she was thinking at that moment was not revealed in her words. In fact, later on she would become aware of just how those five little words sounded, how they could be taken but she was passed furious now, passed being able to think before she acted and gods damn if the whole of Pallia was lost at that moment she would have gladly helped bring the realm down around Kiara and Losas head herself. She had to walk away. Walk away is exactly what she did. She didn't say anything to Aranor, couldn't look at him, hell she didn't need to look at him again once was enough to burn every mark she saw on his body into her memory and for every mark he was given, she was going to... going to what? It was with hurried steps that Payten went down the halls of the ruins, she knew she wouldn't be able to get help from anyone in the family, help she would need in order to do what her mind and her soul were screaming at her that she needed to do so she weighed her options, sorted through detail after detail. Details that were becoming more twisted and gruesome with each step she took towards the gates of Astrail. After nearly ripping the face off the guards at the gate and cussing in ways that would make the most foul mouthed of men blush Payten was led to exactly where she wanted to be, where she needed to be and she went through the door of the Hall of Heroes mouth running and eyes on fire. The man behind the bar saw her and immediately stopped what he was doing to start to kneel in front of her and she snatched him up by the ear not caring about size, temper or anything else she had heard about Gabriel Shadowbain.

You obviously know who the hell I am and while bringing a man to his knees can be a damn fun game to play I'm not going to stand here and deal with prissiness and pompous bullshit when I have a job for you Gabriel Shadowbain.

He looked at her with a raised brow, powerful arms crossed over his powerful chest and she could see why Oriana thought her brother was invincible sometimes, Gabriel apparently was just like his father in damn near every way that Payten could see. The question was... was the Spartans son like his father in spirit too? She laid out exactly what she wanted done and let him know in a no nonsense way that she was going with him whether he liked it or not and then she started heading for the kitchen which she knew probably confused him. When he asked her what she was looking for she simply replied...

Have you ever been smack upside the head with a cast iron skillet Gabriel? If you have then you know that can do more damage than a damn sword... and if you haven't then you need to thank the damn gods.

She heard his deep laugh from behind her and the next thing she knew she was being flung over his shoulder....


You are a right bastard Gabriel! If you don't put me down right now...

Payten was making enough noise to raise the dead and in some ways that was entirely true because Kiara came running into the main part of the ruins where Gabriel had dragged Payten back kicking and screaming, and calling him every name he had ever been called before and then some.

What in the hell?

Payten smacked Gabriel on the back.

Fucking traitor! And don't what in the hell me Kiara Jade! I don't care whose body your damn Angels soul is in I'm not standing around here any gods damn more and none of you are sending me off ever again while you let my husband get... and my daughter... fuck you Kiara Jade! You just can't ever take care of anything on your own can you? Aranor is NOT Oriana Kiara and I will be gods damned if you play on his nature to have to help people for your own personal needs! Gabriel put me down!

She was dropped down in a chair and she thought is amusing that the big man was standing in front of her like some sort of guard dog.

Is she always this mouthy? This batty woman came to me and was going to pay me to go to Pallia as her guard so she could stab Alistar in the throat while he slept...

Paytens eyes met with Kiaras and Payten didn't give a damn that she saw shock and even a little fear in the green pools.

Whats the matter Jade? You don't like hearing something like that?

Payten stood up and went to Kiara leaning into her ear she whispered low. Payten had never spoken words like the ones that were now coming from her mouth, she had never felt such anger that even bordered a little on the side of hatred.

Then you should understand why I was less than amused to learn that your husbands body has been used to fuck my daughter and that my husbands body was used for Alistars guards amusement. Understand this Kiara... if it ever comes down to my family or yours ever again... I don't care who you are, who Losa is, who your children are... I would gladly watch you all die if it meant my family would be spared from your brand of hell. If you ever think to use my children or my husband in your twisted plots and plans again I will destroy everything you hold dear to you my damn self. I never thought you would use my family like this and knowing that none of them would ever refuse you... you led them... my daughters and my husband into this evil, I wish you would have just died when you were supposed to.

Payten started walking away from Kiara and was stopped cold once again when she saw Aranor looking at her from the archway of the hall. This time she couldn't avoid his gaze and the truth was she didn't want to. It never mattered how angry she was at him she loved him and even if it took a little time they always forgave each other because of that love.

Go on then... you know you want to do it... bitch and scream at me about how that is your brother and his wife and you'd do anything for them... I get it okay... but you are my husband and you and our daughters are MY family and I damn sick and tired of MY family having to pay because its always oh so important to protect theirs! Well who the fuck protected you Aranor? Who the fuck protected Annie!? Not any of them! So if you want to be mad at me for doing exactly what she would do or what your brother would do for their family by all means get on with it then. You didn't tell me that Annie was going to be staying in Pallia for so damn long.... and I might be pissed off to all sorts of holy hell about it but in time I will be able to get passed it. What I don't think I will ever be able to forgive is what this so called Order the great defenders of the innocent allowed to happen to her and to you.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 am

I know I know I have been pretty damn spoiled haven't I? I tell you what though you raise girls like I've got and see if you don't deserve to be spoiled too.

It hurt Cori when she realized that as close as she and Aidan had been, they really knew so very little about one another, or maybe it was that he knew so little about her. Cori had always made it a point to know the workings of Firyon as well as Pallia because both realms were her home, and up until the day she married Payne Cori had trained in the Elite, had even considered continuing her training so she could face her trials but then the duties of Queen put that dream on hold. She never regretted it either, one dream was replaced with another and she lived the life she wanted with her king, her children and the kingdom she loved so much.

Go on back to sleep Aid, I know better than to wake you up, I don't know what I was thinking. Hey.. when the shit storm starts... promise me you'll be careful Aid okay? Love you yanno.

But I do know what I'm thinking now she thought to herself and an impish smile crossed her face as she slipped into the shadows and headed back for home.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 am

He went to his wife and wrapped his arms around her he did not care about any pain that he was in. He knew that his wife was hurting hell they both were hurting. He leaned and kissed her. His head rested against hers and then he whispered in her ear.

I love you Payten even when you are are all fiery and mad at me. I know this has been hard on you. I know finding out all that had happened was a shock. Some of it yes could have been planned against. Come with me Payten and we will go sit with Annie until she wakes. I was thinking it might be best to have her go to Ialia. I know you would rather have her with you, but she needs to be with James. When she wakes she is going to want to see that he is ok and be able to touch him and see that she did not kill him. She is going to need his strength.


He looked at her and whispered.

No one knows of my scars and I have a few scores to settle in Pallia one which I am sure everyone can understand. First I want to get that bastard back to his own body then I am going to enjoy killing him. I just wish I could make him go through what he has made others feel but I know I can not. All I can do is kill the bastard. Then we all are going to Ialia for a visit where we know our children are going to want to be.

He slipped his hand into hers and he kissed her gently.

And as soon as this damn mess is over we need to be together as a family. You, Annie, Emmie and I are going to spend sometime together.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 am

Every time Payten went to see to another of Aranors wounds her face would turn another shade whiter, she had even reached a point where she had to stop and run from the room so she could empty her stomach without upsetting Aranor or possibly waking up their daughter. Payten did not want Iliana to wake up and see the condition her father was in, that alone would probably send her daughter over the edge but at the same time there was no way in hell Payten was leaving her baby alone and anywhere within reach of Kiara or Losa, no one was going to talk Iliana into doing anything ever again and if anyone so much as started to ask anything from her Payten was sure that someone was going to die. So with a little help from a certain elf who had been just as pissed at Aranor as Payten had been, they carried in a screened divider that would shield Iliana from seeing anything if she woke up. After Rayne helped her the elf was still glaring at Aranor but she could also tell by the way he moved that Aranor had lived through some of the same horrors that the elf herself had lived through and they now seemed to have a better, silent understanding of one another. Truth was none of that mattered to Payten, she was still white hot over everything that had been laid at her feet in such a short time and her main concern was her child and her husband.

None of you are going anywhere out of my sight for the next century Aranor Shadow. I don't care if we all have to move to Iallia so Iliana gets what she needs, we are all going to be together and we are going fix our own family. If Annie needs James then she'll have him, I just hope the boy doesn't... what if he can't forgive her Aranor? You know I'll go anywhere with you Aranor and I don't want to fight with you at all, not now and not over what I am about to say but I cannot go back to Pallia when this is over... I don't know how long it will be before I will be ready to go back... if I'll be able to go back at all.

Paytens fingers lightly ran over one wound that was already a thick scar, it sickened her to the core of her being to think that while she was ranting and raving in Firyon fighting with Payne day in and day out because she wanted to go back to Pallia, her daughter and her husband both were being tortured in different ways. Both of them were going to have scars they were going to carry with them for the rest of their lives and for the first time since she learned of her true heritage and Aranors lineage she wished they were all simply human with simple human life spans.

How could they do this to you? Please tell me this was not done by Elite...

She thought about what he said about settling scores and wishing he could make Alistar suffer the way he made others suffer and she couldn't help the wicked smile that came to her lips, lips that she tenderly pressed to the scar where her fingers had been and she whispered against his skin.

You might not be able to do it... but we know someone who can. He only needs to be brought to the point of death... I say as soon as he is back in his own body and Kiara has her king back... let Rayne come out and play for just a little while. Heal him just enough so that he'll feel everything... and lock him away in a room with her for an hour... he'll know the meaning of true pain then. Of course she might just end up killing him... and I know you want to do that yourself but if Con is there to keep her from taking his life why the hell not?

Dipping a cloth into the cool water held in the basin on the small table beside the cot that had been brought in Payten carefully washed her husbands back thinking how every morning he would wake before her and start to get ready for his day, and she would wake up shortly after because even in sleep she knew when he was gone from their bed and she would just watch him. Watch how the muscles in his back would contract with his movements and she would sigh at the sight of how beautiful he looked to her in the rays of mornings first light, which would make him turn around and catch her watching him. She would smile shyly at being caught and sometimes the tips of her ears would blush just a little and he would tease her like he always did about how she could get away with anything because of her ears. Silent tears fell from her eyes, she couldn't make a sound but inside she was screaming. Wiping her cheeks she reached for the ointments and bandages that were brought in. Having been raised in part as a Ryder Payten knew how to take care of cuts and even knew how to stop bleeding and set broken bones when it was needed but she never thought she would have to tend to Aranor in that way and she never thought he would ever have to live through what he did.

I don't think telling you I'm sorry is going to be enough this time... not after seeing all of this... gods Aranor you could have died and then where would I be? I knew that day in the alleyway I'd never be able to live without you... as much as I fought with you and against you... that one kiss, and the way you looked me... I knew. I swear if anyone lays a finger on you ever again... I've been horrible and I am so sorry. I love you Bright Eyes even when you make me all fiery and mad... don't you ever put anyones life except for your babies lives above your own again do you understand me?
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:12 am

Sleep finally caught up with her and took Sarabella into realms where she did not need to live in fear or count down the seconds until time ran out and her brothers guards would come for her to lead her to what was now becoming inevitable. Sleep took her into dreams of a life she would never know, where she was queen of Hallia and the lands prospered in peace, her people lived well and all truly was well. It was a dream that Sara would never see become a reality and a dream she hoped to never wake from. Only she did wake and it was not by natural means. A hand had gone over her mouth and her eyes snapped opened. Looking down at her were the eyes of a stranger, her first thought was to fight but then she remembered where she was and fighting just did not seem important, she was fated to die so why did it matter if it happened right there in her very own rooms or it happened in the courtyard with an audience to watch as her head was cut from her body? She was tired of fighting. Jason had all but drained her soul from her with his actions against their allies, his orders demanding her life had sapped her of any strength she had left and she had only herself to blame because she had gotten careless, she made one mistake in trusting one wrong person and all the careful planning had come undone. Now she would have to face the consequences and she was too tired in her body and in her spirit to care. She was surprised when the man who held his hand over her mouth slipped his arm under her and hoisted her from the bed into his arms and before she knew what was happening the most amazing thing she ever experienced happened. Sara was pulled into shadows and darkness...
She had heard of the abilities of the Shadow family, but she had never seen it firsthand and as soon as she realized what had happened, that this man had to belong to that family she relaxed enough to stop thinking she was being carted off to her death earlier than expected. There simply were no words to explain or describe what it was like all she knew was she was no longer in Hallia and when she was brought out of the shadows and set on her feet the first thing she did was bend down to one knee in front of the man who had taken her from certain death.

My apologies if I am mistaken but given what just happened I have to believe you are of the Shadow clan.Were you not I am sure I would be well on my way to my new life and so I thank you with all that I am for what you have done for me Lord Shadow. I am forever in your debt, if there is anything I can give to you to show you the depths of my appreciation please tell me and it will be yours.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:19 am

I know that you may not want to return to Pallia anytime soon and I can understand that. I know that you are not going to want to let any of us out of your sight anytime soon. Not that I can blame you. No it was not elite that did this it was some people that Alistar brought in. That is why it is important all of them are taken care of.

He would feel her touch as she cleaned his wounds and he looked at her. He turned when she came back from getting sick he looked at her. He knew it was hard for her to be taking care of him like that. He leaned and kissed her.

Payten we can get someone else to take care of that. I know that you are see a lot of wounds I really do not pay much mind to them. I know that Rayne can do some things but is it wise once Alistar is back in his own body he will have his magics back. I am not sure that leaving him alive for any amount of time will be good. Though we would all love to see him suffer I just think it is better to kill him.


He smiled at her and pulled her into his lap and he looked at her.

I know that all of this being dropped on you like it was, was quite the shock. You did not know what I had gone through and my first thoughts were not about these but the most important to me was helping Annie. It still is the most important to me. I need to make sure she gets back to Ialia before all this starts. I do not want her in any more danger.


He would not let Annie be put in any more danger and he wanted the one that was responsible to pay. He growled slightly thinking of the bastard that was in his brother's body. He would make him pay in ways no one would want to be done.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 am

I am not someone that you need to bow down to Princess. My orders are clear though from Prince Aidan Shadow that I am to stay with you and make sure no harm comes to you. We are in Ialia we are safe here. We need to check in with the royal family. They knew we would be arriving but they need to know that you are here. I need to check in with Prince Shadow as well. I am one of the Shadow family but am not one of the royal members.

He helped her up and smiled at her and he bowed to her.

It should be me that bows to you as you are a princess. I am just a simple man that is just following orders. I am yours to do with as you need. The only thing I have been told is you are to stay here while Jason and those loyal to him are taken care of.


He led her to where he was told to go and again he bowed in front of the royal family he had seen on a few occassions. He smiled up at the King and Queen of Ialia.

Your majesties I thank you for being able to have Princess Sarabella brought here, I know it was at the request of Prince Shadow. I appreciate your hospitality in this matter until the Princess can be returned to her homelands.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kayne » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:34 am

Sara! Thank the damn gods!

Kayne was out of her seat and going down the small steps leading from where the two thrones were placed in the Grand CourtHall, the relief on her face was evident. The first thing she did was hug Jackson Shadow for bringing Hallias princess to Iallia.

You have no idea how grateful I am to you Jackson Shadow, with everything that has happened here and in Pallia, knowing that Jason was behind so much of this damn mess I was worried sick for Sara but there wasn't much I could do without tipping Jason off. I know that has to sound damn insane coming from me of all people but it's true. The first place he would have looked for her would have been here and well I know I don't need to tell you what it's been like around here lately... or do I? I could never refuse Pallia anything, there is no need to thank us for taking Sara in, she is like family to us, just as most of your own family is like family to us.

Kayne looked back over her shoulder just to make sure that Zhulin was still there... she had come too damn close to losing him and even though it had been three days since the episode Kayne was still a little on edge. Her poor puppet was lucky if he could breathe without her having to know about it for the time being.

Anyway... none of that really matters now does it?

Kayne went from Jackson to Sarabella, cupped the girls face in her hands and studied her intently.

You aren't hurt Sara? Gods if your father was still alive I swear your brother would have been dead the second he learned of his sons treachery. He loved you so much but you know that. Hell you must be exhausted. I won't keep you Sara, Zuri will be so happy to see you and maybe you can talk some sense into her...

Kayne didn't get into any more detail about why Zuri would need to be talked to, she dropped her hands from Saras face and looked to Jackson again.

I've been told that until this matter with Jason is settled you are to guard Sara? That must mean that Ellysia is helping with matters in Hallia.... it is what it is. Come on I'll show you to your rooms then little Princess.

Nearly an hour later Kayne had Sara settled in the rooms that were made ready for her the minute Kayne learned that Aidan had gotten involved in the latest mess caused by Jason and his allies. There were three adjoining rooms and a bathing room, one of the three rooms would be where Jackson would sleep, another room was more like a sitting room, and the third of course was where Sara would sleep. After making sure Sara and her newly appointed guardian had everything they needed Kayne made her way down the hall to her brother in laws room and knocked on the door. When James answered Kayne greeted him with a half knowing smile. He looked like he was packing to go somewhere and she hoped with her whole heart that he was going to Iliana.

And where are you running off to little brother? Can I assume that you aren't quite as pissed off this time around as you were before when you were used in her test?
User avatar
Kayne
Stablehand
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:48 am

Sarabella was still in shock over how quickly her entire life changed. It took mere seconds and she went from being a prisoner in her own home, to a guest in the palace of her fathers closest friends... Queen Kayne and King Zhulin were Sarabellas godparents and she had never been happier to see them both. She talked with Kayne for a while telling her what happened and how she had been betrayed, how Jason ordered her death, how she thought Ellysia was dead but now knew better given the aid that was provided by the Prince of Pallia in her rescue. Only Ellysia would have been able to escape from Jasons henchmen and manage to find the Prince so many believed to be dead. What Sara didn't know was that Firyon had played a part in her salvation. She would learn of their role later on and would thank the King and Queen personally. In the present however she was still trying to absorb everything and when Kayne finally left Sara had a matter of her own she needed to settle. When the man who she learned was named Jackson after hearing Kayne closed the door she looked at him with her head tilted slightly and asked him a question that turned into a statement.

What makes me any more important than you that you should bow down to me but when a man saves my life he thinks it improper for me to show him the same respect that I have been shown? Just because I was born into royalty does not make me any better than you nor does it make you beneath me. I do not expect or demand that I be bowed to. We all breathe the same air, walk in the same world, our paths might differ but we are all still the same at the end of the day. Living breathing beings who just want to live life the best we can. So please, don't think you have to put on airs or treat me any different than you would anyone else just because I hold a crown.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:01 pm

I can take care of you Aranor... no one else is putting their hands on you for any reason do you understand me? I'm fine, I know you think I'm lying or just trying to put on a brave face, but the only reason I got sick was because I am so gods damn angry over all of this and then to see what they did to you... it's beyond wrong.

Payten was in his lap where he put her and she wasn't going to argue with him that her sitting there like that could aggravate his bandages, she needed to be right where she was with him just like they were.

Oh I'm not trying to stop anyone from killing all of them, every single last one of them will die I dont doubt this and I will be glad for it when it happens. I might burn in hell for thinking that way but I can make peace with that once I'm dead myself. Kill him straight off if you think that's whats best I really don't care so long as he can never hurt anyone again. I'm sorry Bright Eyes, I know I turned lunatic on you when I first saw Iliana, I know you would die before you let anything happen to your girls if it could be helped and that's why as soon as you think it's safe enough to move her we'll leave for Iallia. I was thinking though, before we go... you know she won't believe any of us no matter what we tell her about James... maybe someone should go get the boy and bring him here so she can see for herself that she didn't kill him. If she believes she killed him and we try to take her to Iallia she could have another breakdown Aranor. What do you think? Should James come here first? Hell we don't even know if the boy would want to come here or would even want to see her given what happened in Iallia was no test this time...
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users