Shadows of Time: Changing times

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm

I went home and went right to my room and I sat down on the bed. Few weeks ago this was the bed where I had the woman that I love with me. As wrong as it was to some there was something amazing between us. I know this is where she does not remember anything and I had to live with that. I went to the picture that everyone else would see and slid the picture from behind it. It was before we knew who were, it was one that someone had snapped of us while we were cozy on a couch and kissing. I my fingers traced over the picture. I did not hear anyone come into the house but when I knew I was not alone I put the picture away quickly. The life that was before this one the life of Quinn Lockheart with Tegan Adams was a happy one, since then I have not really been happy. I have done what I could, and yes some see me as a home wrecking marriage wrecking asshole, truth is the only woman I have ever loved is Tegan. I know also that it just cannot be that we are together. When I heard Cole I knew to put things away I stood and went down to see what he wanted. He was talking to me but I really was not hearing what he was saying. It all seemed like blah blah blah to me. I knew that it was going to hurt Tegan if I left, but what else could I do? It was torture seeing her with him. I am just glad that she was able to find her happiness, and that I am not even a memory as far as that goes. I am not sure what all Cole said but I do remember him saying about the wedding and all that. I just could not see being a part of it after all this was the woman that I loved more than my own life. So I sighed and went to sit in my favorite chair. I did not respond to what Cole was saying. What was I going to tell him that the baby my sister, my damn twin was carrying was my child. My sister was pregnant with our child not his child. No of course not so I did the only think that I could at that point and I stayed quiet. Once he was done then I spoke.

I did not say I was leaving for good I just need to get a way a bit, rethink things. It has nothing to do with her going to Cayleb, I am better off without her I never loved her. It was just a strange attraction we had to each other.

I knew Cole would never understand but at least he had come by. Though worlds were going to be turned upside down again we jsut did not know it.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cole Shadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:56 pm

I did go and see Quinn like Tegan asked and then I would go and see Hanna. First thing was first. All I got from Quinn was it was not from what happened with Audrey. What it was he was not saying though. So I did not know what else to do I knew Tegan probably would not be asleep yet so I texted her.

Whatever is going with Quinn he said is not cause of Audrey, might want to get someone that can unfreeze her. I will be there after I see Hanna, I love you


I knew that if she was sleeping she would see it when she woke, where as if she was awake she would see it right off. I went to see Hanna and I smiled when I saw her. I leaned and kissed her cheek.

So how are things going? Any more news on anything?


We would just walk and talk, sometimes for hours depending on her mood. Also depending on what was going on that night. So we were walking along and I waited to hear the latest news on things.
User avatar
Cole Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Solaris_ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Lucy I am doing what I can to find out what is the true agenda. Please come back inside with me so that we can talk.

See I knew the pact my siblings had told Oriana about but there was one that could break it. So I was trying to get her to go back with me to talk to her some too. My hand went to hers and again there was that feeling something I had never felt the equivelant of. I sighed and looked at her, leaning in and whispering to her.

Please Lucy the others can her out here. You know a hand should never be revealed too soon.

If it had to be said outside of the room I would do so. There was no way around it wherever it needed to be said.

I have a wife it is complicated, it is not a wife or a life I chose. What I have chosen is to be here, and the time I have spent with you means more than anything I can even describe. Yes there are baby mamas out there and children that I helped to create. I am not proud of the things I have had to do Lucy. I like the man you make me feel like I am. I like the fact when I touch your hand a jolt goes through me.

My hand touched her face gently again. I was looking into her eyes and hoping to see something that would give me some hope.

I could be wrong about my theory, but there is no way for me to know. I promise you I will be dead before I let harm come to any of them if I can help it. By actions I have done to get her on her toes, well it would have her not believing my theory. I do not know how things here work. Hell I always thought what they talked about did not exist. I never felt sometihng like I feel when I touched your hand or when I kissed you.


What else was there to say but to answer her questions.

You are right that I do not what it is like to be a part of a real family. No one has ever stood by me and loved me. No one has ever gone to try and protect me. No, I do not know what it is like. What I know of anything like that is what I see here with you. The way I feel about you Lucy is something amazing to feel. You know the few times you caught me where I looked a bit down it was because I was not sure how to tell you any of this. And knowing that I could lose you. It is hard to admit to but there hs never been any feeling even close to this for me before. I promise you Lucy I am going to do all that I can to see what is going on.
Solaris_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Hanna Connor » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Hey Cole!
I was all smiles when Cole came knocking on my door and I gave him a kiss on the cheek like the one he gave me, then I looked around him to see if Tegan was with him, usually she is, which is okay, I like being around them both. Of course I would be lying if I said I didn't mind that Cole was alone though, oh not because I plan on trying to steal him away from Tegan or anything like that, I'm not that kind of girl. See Cole has become one of my best friends and I like having a little bit of time with him that we don't have to share with anyone else.
Come on in... where's Tegan?
He told me Tegan was home and taking a nap, I smiled because I know she's been tired and why.
Oh well, so long as she's at home and there haven't been anymore scares with the baby that's good. When you see her, tell her I said hi and I missed not seeing her this time.
There was a knock on my door and when I answered it there was my Uncle Jerrick with a brown paper bag in his hand. He had stopped by earlier asking if I wanted anything from INGS.... the Chinese place in town so I thought I'd surprise Cole with lunch on the balcony seeing we were supposed to have lunch anyway, and I wanted to take advantage of the last few days that Pallia was going to be covered in darkness. The festival was going to be coming to an end soon, so that meant the spell placed over the town was going be lifted when it did.
After I thanked my Uncle and after he teased me a little about how I better save him at least one dance at the Ball that was going to happen the next night we said our goodbyes and I nodded my head towards the balcony. Once we were out there I lit the lanterns giving us a little light and we sat down to eat.
It didn't take long for me to pick up that something wasn't quite right with him. He just seemed a little off, and I figured it was because he was worried about Tegan and the baby.
Okay... out with it pal...
I called him pal without even thinking of his parents history, by that I mean his fathers history with Ariela Ravine Shadow... the General... of whom I only knew of from reading our families Chronicles. Looking back on it now... I should have seen that a sign.
Let me hear how you're worried about the baby, so I can be the reassuring wonderful friend that I am that will tell you, you have every right to worry but don't forget Pallia has some of the best doctors in the country and you know Errol and Leyla will do everything they can working with Tegans doctor to make sure everything is okay and stays that way. Now that I've done that... you wanted to know if there was any news about my father? Nope. I mean Mom does see me everyday, but she won't let me come home yet, she says Daddy is still adjusting... but I tell you what, with how tired she looks, it's probably not adjusting he's been doing. I should be sprung and free to go home by the end of the week. I know, I bet you were hoping I had something more exciting to talk about... not really...
I grinned a little.
Okay well maybe I do have one thing to talk about, nothing major mind you... but you have to swear to keep it a secret for right now Cole...
I took off the hoodie I had on, and because I was wearing a tank top underneath it was pretty easy to see the band running around my upper arm. I had my Aunt Rena do my first tattoo. It was a simple band of scrolling with the crest of the House of Ethrorrian in the center. Some people tend to forget that I am a Princess of Firyon, I might be 10th in line for the throne, but I am still an heir and all heirs get the mark in one form or another, it was time I did it, and I was honored to have The Unified Realms own Crown Princess see to the task.
Well? What do you think? I think Rena did a fabulous job don't you?
Hanna Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Lucy Elaine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:15 pm

I can't control the insanity that seems to run ass wild in your family Sol...
I looked away from him for a few seconds while I thought about the words that were going to come out of my mouth next. You have to understand, there are a few in our clan that damn near everyone would truly lay down their lives for,there are even some in my own family, namely Toras and Tierney, and Stryder and Cyranda that would do whatever it took to keep one Oriana Dragonhand safe. How can one woman be so important? She just is, she always has been, I guess it's because since the beginning of time... at least time in our clan... she has always put Connors and Shadows and any who lived on these lands ahead of herself, she has known Kiara and Kristian Connor longer than anyone else here, even Raynalia has not known them as long as she has, so when she spoken of as family, as someone to be revered and respected, there is definitely a reason for it. I looked at him again, this time unafraid to look him right in the eyes.
... but I do have some say so in what happens in my own family and you have to know this... I am going to her... I am talking to her... and I am going to do whatever I can to make sure that she isn't caught off guard or blindsided by whatever your family is planning. Even if it turns out to have nothing to do with Oriana... she will at least be given a true, fair warning of what could be coming. I cannot and will not stay out of this Solaris... because she is family and in this family we protect and take care of each other... because that's what you do when you're part of a real family that loves each other.
I swear there was only one word I could think of to describe the look on his face when I told him what I did. Terrified. And in that moment I could see that he really was terrified at the thought of me throwing myself into this obscene situation, but he needed to know, to truly understand just how loyal we all are to each other, that we as people and as a family, do everything we do out of that loyalty, but most of all we do it out of love.
Don't look at me like that Sol, this is what we do, what we all do. Loyalty and love drive us... it is that loyalty and love that has made this clan survive for as long as it has. We aren't perfect and sometimes we do go to war against each other when we have no other choice, but the love that surrounds this family even in our worst moments... never waivers and is always there. I feel so bad for you, that you really don't know the true meaning of that word... but maybe... after all of this is over... you'll have learned what being a real family means, what it means to truly love and be loved. Now... you have told me the truth, and I believe you when you tell me that you wanted to tell me everything before, so I will tell you a few truths of my own.
It is going to take some time for me to wrap my head around this whole thing with Tegan and Quinn, but as far as your other children go... you're a damn immortal... and I know a thing or two about the lives of immortals, which is probably why... and I may regret this... I'm willing to see how far this thing we have right here goes, but we are starting over Sol. No more secrets, no more lies and you are going to let those willing to help in this situation do so. Your lessons on family and being a part of my life... my world... starts now, understand?
Lucy Elaine
Stablehand
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Lily Stilin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Move. I dare you. Go on Connor, see how fast you find yourself face down on the floor...
My brother and I were going to get our asses handed to us and I knew we would, because when Kerrin and I were in the middle of talking with parents and telling them that we were married, my brother came walking through the Great Hall, heard everything... and when I heard the sound of a sword being drawn... metal met with metal when I turned, katana in hand, keeping Connor from taking Kerrins head, not that I thought Connor would really kill him, my brother has amazing skills with a sword and unbelievable control, but his little stunt brought him more than I'm sure he was expecting. Connor and I were causing a scene right there in the Great Hall in the Hall of Shadows, and my mother and father didn't get a chance to get in between us. Just like with every child born into my particular bloodline, my brothers and I were raised in the old way, we trained like they did back when our mother was a child... meaning we knew how to fight with blades as well as with fists and the more modern guns. I hate guns and think they are for pussies and like my mother and her mother before her... I am going to master the katana.
Like I said Kerrin and I did go through with our plans to marry, and it wasn't that difficult finding a priest to perform the ceremony, in either realm... just to be sure no one could go behind our backs and petition to have our marriage absolved, I made sure we had certificates filed in both Pallia and Firyon. Connor and I were really going at it and I don't think we would have stopped if it hadn't of been for the booming voice that thundered through the Great Hall. My katana went right back where it belonged without hesitation and even though I didn't have to I knelt down on one knee in front of my father who was standing next to my mother... my mother who was deadly silent... that is never a good thing.
I'm sorry Daddy... but I couldn't just stand there and let Connor take his head and I know you and Ma are furious with me...
I lifted my head then looking at both my parents with certainty and confidence.
... But I am not going to apologize for living my life the way I want to. My fate, my destiny is my own to control and I chose to love the man I have taken as my husband and partner in life... just like my parents chose to take each other in spite of what others thought.
Keep in mind that once, a long long time ago, my father, was married to my mothers sister, and when Alexis died my father was hell bent on leaving Pallia due to the circumstance of his first wifes death, it was my mother who hunted down my father to bring him home... and in that time... they fell in love. I went to say more when I smelled something so familiar to me it made me forget that Connor and I had been moments away from drawing each others blood.
I smelled big brother. Big brother as in Astald Panton... my mothers son from her first marriage to Rhone Panton... and if Astald was there that meant that his children Tyler and Taylor were there... that also meant that Toral was around and so was Carter Krystyna ... Carter Krystyna is Rhones daughter with Toral... and now you know about a few more that were born into the family but not spoken of yet. Carter is a handful... she's a little younger than me and my brothers... but she's old enough to raise hell. Tyler and Taylor are older than us all and they are scary silent most the time... because both of them are brilliant in their approach to life... you'll see what I mean when they decide to show their faces.
Anyway like I was saying... I smelled big brother and I knew for the moment... my mother wasn't going to kill me or Connor, but I did still have to deal with my father. Not until after I was up on my feet and throwing myself at Astald though.
Astald!! You're here! Will you please tell your brother it is not his place to try and kill Kerrin just because I married him! I know at least one of my brothers has to have some common sense and understands that even if people don't like it, they can't try and control what someone else does especially when it comes to matters of the heart.
Lily Stilin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cole Shadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:20 pm

I was happy to see her I always was these days. It is funny how one night can change things at times. Though not funny in the same way one night can destroy people, and destroy the perceptions some have.

She has been fine no more episodes though one Audrey Marie found herself encased in ice. I did not know, well hell Tegan did not know she could do that. Tegan is a bit upset Quinn is talking about leaving for awhile and that is not sitting well with her. I do not get it though you know they are as close as can be now, but for awhile there they were always at each other's throats it seemed. Maybe I am reading too much into things.

I could understand her Mother keeping her away until her Father had adjusted the decision he was going through whether to turn or not was a big one to make. I smiled and sat down looking at her.

So did he make the permanent change or is he going to do what he needs to in order to go back? I mean well I was not sure if he decided to become a vampire or not. I am worried about Tegan and the baby, even though I know she has the best doctors looking out for her. It really freaked me out that night when she started having all those pains. I am making sure she is taking care of herself, and Quinn is too. Maybe with what happened it scared Quinn into being better about things with her. Who knows right? Well the important this is your Father is doing well. I know how hard things can be, and I know certain appetites can change. I mean my Father changed a bit after he was changed and sounds like the same things. Though I do not think Rayne minded that much. Though the funniest was probably Avalyn, you know Benny would have to find places to hide at time just to get a break?

When I saw that grin I knew it meant she had something to tell me. I was sitting there looking when she took off her hoodie. Rena did another fine job let me tell you.

Well you know Princess one kingdom might get jealous if they think you favor Firyon. But that is some really nice art work. Now tell me something I know you have the night of the ball off, so any one I need to threaten to treat you right or else?

I did admire the work Rena did and I was serious though about warning someone off. Hanna had become one of my best friends and I was not going to let anyone treat her bad at all. I sighed and looked at her.

Though I may not have to threaten them after all considering who your Daddy is and what line you come from. Hell someone would have to be stupid to mess with you. So this all smells good. I am pretty excited about the baby though you know. I just thought that time in my life would be over by now. So it was quite a shock to me.


I was looking over at her and touched her hand.

I am nervous though about being a father and all. I worry about you know the curse and stuff wondering if it is really gone or not. I know some do not understand about all that but people have to realize it is going to be in the front of my mind while waiting
User avatar
Cole Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cori Shadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm

No one knew that they had been home for a few days, they didn't go to the Hall, Aidan didn't see Hunter and relieve him from his temporary duties as Master of the Order, they had gone right to their own house, and no one saw their faces. They kept themselves hidden away from the rest of the world and on one hand Cori wished that everyone could see Aidan the way she did, but on the other hand, they needed to be alone to deal with their grief on their own. It was Aidan who finally convinced her they needed to go home. When she first got sick, something that rarely happened to her, she could only remember being sick four times in her entire life, and two of those times were when she was pregnant with Astrid and Ardis and then Valiant. Losing the baby wasn't anyones fault, but Cori was not going to go back to Pallia and have anyone start blaming Aidan. No one was going to point fingers at him, and she knew once they did learn about what happened somehow someway, someone was going to try and make it his fault. This is what she was thinking about, laying in bed feeling cool, but strong arms around her. She still had a little fever, but it wasn't the raging fever that had hold of her a week or so before, and because cold felt good to her when Aidan fed, he made sure that he didn't feed so much that he became warm. Aidan was taking such good care of her she wanted everyone to see him, to see how good he was with her, how good he always was to her, she wanted more than anything for everyone to know him the way she knew him.
She sighed and right away she felt him move, felt her hair being brushed behind a softly pointed ear and she turned from her side, onto her other side to find herself looking into blue worry filled eyes.
Mani naa ta?
She basically asked him "what is it?", using elvish without realizing it, after all they had spent over a month in her mothers homelands.
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Hanna Connor » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Cole Shadow, you are going to be an amazing father, an amazing husband and you are going to have an amazing life pal just wait, you'll see how right I really am...
I meant every word I said, and I had believed every word I said too, and he would find out just how true those words were, only no one had any idea the hell he was going to go through before my words became reality... and I never thought I would play a part in it all.
You have every right to worry about the curse but Cole... if you spend so much time worrying you are going to miss out on every thing else. Don't spend your time worrying over something you have no control over. If Oriana is wrong, and the curse hasn't been broken... exactly what do you think you can do about it right now? Pal... there isn't anything you can do about it right now is there? No. Because you don't even know if it will happen...
I leaned across the table and wiped away some sauce that had gotten on the corner of his mouth, and I didn't think a damn thing about it either.
Now me personally, I think the whole thing is over but if it isn't you know everyone will bust ass to make everything right again. Now as far as Tegan and Quinn being at each others throats and then not... Cole, you know how twins are. They have a marvelous love hate relationship... at least that's what I've noticed when it comes to the all the twins we have around here, and I seem to recall a few stories you told me about Robert and how the two of you almost killed each other a couple times. Don't read too much into pal... it's what brothers and sisters do... not that I'd know from my own experiences... I'm speaking strictly from observations. And now we get to the subject of the ball... I'm not going. Don't see the point. Don't have anyone to go with, and as much as I like having the chance to be all girlie... I just don't feel like being eyeballed like I've got two heads because no one wants to go with me. It's no big deal really... except that I lied to Uncle Jerrick and told him I'd save him a dance.
I let the matter of the ball drop and thought about my parents. I was over the moon that my father didn't die but I was a little concerned about the drastic measures that had to be taken to save him. So far from what I've been told, he really is the same... but he will have to decide soon whether he wants to turn or not, and I don't know how that will affect my parents relationship though I can't see it doing any real harm. I mean my Mama wouldn't even hear of talk about how she should leave my father after what happened to him so I just can't see her bailing on him now.
This thing with my Dad, I know it's a tough decision, but I know whatever does get decided, they will decide together. God forbid he goes through the same phase Avalyn went through, I might not have been around for it but I've heard the stories and I don't know how my Mama would survive.
Hanna Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Solaris_ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I stood there listening to her and looking at her. For being one of the "young ones" as she was referred to she had a good head on her shoulders. I listened, not half ass listened like some do I was truly listening to her because that is what you do when you care for someone. That much I did know, even if I did not love my wife I did care for her. That is the thing that made what I was feeling for this woman more amazing. I could not think fully when she was so close to me.

She trusts my brother for certain reasons I do not know how deep he is in this. I could be wrong about intentions too. I have always let my displeasure in things show. What is that saying you people have a wolf in sheep's clothing? Something like that, but in order to know what to do I need to draw them out. I am not trying to get anyone in your family hurt. When Condrik caught on fire, I knew there was no real danger. Understand if I wanted harm to a vampire I would not use that. As you know I am a lesser god of light, that brightness you saw that first day that is nothing compared to what I can do. I can do some amazing things with light, though I would be worried what effect they would have on you.

Despite what people thought of me I did take some things into consideration. I was thinking about what she said about telling Oriana everything but here was the thing, with her trusting my brother and Father would they be able to hear what was being said. I looked at her, and I thought about it.

I am thinking you are right but we need to do this in the room, where I know they will not hear. I am know she has let my brother into her tower, I am not sure how she lets him come and go if she does. We got to be careful Lucy because I do not want any harm coming to you. I can leave and you can invite her there, and I can wait somewhere like down by the pier or something.

I was worried about her and I know that showed on my face. I was worried someone would try and hurt her. It was then I decided that I was going to be watching over Lucy. My hand touched hers and I felt that damn jolt again. I was not afraid of these things that I was feeling in fact I welcomed them. After all what else could I do I was not going to hide away my feelings. I wanted to acknowledge what she said as well.

I can understand that it is going to take some time to wrap your mind around some aspects. I can respect that, and I am sorry I did not tell you everything sooner. I really had planned on telling you tonight. That is what has been bothering me as we got to be like we are. Is that I had not been able to tell you everything. I will not keep any more secrets from you. I will do what i can to let those who want to help in this situation help. But also understand Lucy that sometimes the others have to be careful how they are dealt with. I do understand about my lessons about family, your life and your world start now. I will do my best just know I am rather new at this for as old as I am.
Solaris_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Aidan Shadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm

When we had come home I knew she had not wanted people to know at first but this fever that she had was still bothering me. I looked at her I was keeping myself cold for her trying to break the fever that she had. No one knew we were back but this all worried me. I had my arms around her as we talked. I kissed her gently. I knew I did not have to worry about getting what she had. It just worked differently for my kind. A thought came to mind about her sister Orry and what she went through. I remember my Uncle Kristian going to Khan and asking for her to be turned to be saved. This worried me for many reasons.

What it is, is I am worried about you Cor. This fever is not really breaking totally for my piece of mind we need to let others know we are back. I would feel better if Errol, Leyla or Oriana took a look at you. I do not like you being this sick one bit

I knew she worried about other things and the thought of when she lost our child went through my mind. I know a few that had lost babies before they were born and I kissed her.

You cannot keep worrying about what will come about things. I know that you are worried but Cor really, this is starting to worry me. I can handle whatever they say Cor, it is not like I have not heard anything bad before you know.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Lucy Elaine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Does she trust your brother and your father... the father the histories claim you killed in order to take his place... you're going to have to tell me the story about that one Sol... anyway, what I am saying is... you only know what she has told you, but do you know for sure that she trusts them?
As different as his world and his family was to me, I'm sure mine was more confusing to him because we are a rare breed so to speak. Nothing is what it seems around here, and hearing him talk of how Oriana trusted the higher powers that made up his family tree... I almost laughed in his face. We and I say we because as a collective whole... this family usually thinks, acts and moves as one... we were all raised in the old ways and we strive to be the best at what we do, individually and as a family, as an order.
My head was spinning and there were a few seconds where I was considering just washing my hands of Sol and everything I knew, but I also knew, for whatever reason, I was not going to be able to walk away from him. And I was not going to believe that Oriana Shadowbain Dragonhand trusted just anyone... gods or not... to freely come and go from her tower. We all knew there were only five people Oriana trusted enough to allow them into her tower, even after her death the wards were still in place. Those five were Aranor, Kiara, Losa, Rayne and Condrik... no one else would even think to approach the tower let alone enter it without her say so. Anyway I'm getting off track and I'm sorry for that, I just find it amusing that he really believed the black mage trusted anyone so easily.
Solaris... you really need to understand something... and I know you aren't going to like hearing it either... but Oriana, Kiara, Losa,.... the old Council will decide how best to handle this... thought by rights it should be Aidan calling the shots on this... I can't see the Ancients of the Order stepping back... not with something this big... and however they decide to handle it... is how it will be dealt with... and you have to know... more often than not... Kiara Jade goes balls to the wall. We do not bend nor break to the wills of tyrants and bullies... whether they are Kings, Lords... or Gods. This is who we are... what we are... and all in the Order, made the choice to be of the Order knowing the risks... if anything happens to me.... you have to understand... it's expected.
Lucy Elaine
Stablehand
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Kerrin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 pm

I knelt down in front of both her parents, remember Krystyna is a princess of Pallia. I had my dealings with Krystyna and Adam alike at times. I then stood to speak to them.

I know that some have questioned my loyalty to the order and to your family. I will tell you this I married your daughter because I love her. I love her and was tired of feeling like we had to hide things. Yes I almost killed Mathias but that was not supposed to happen. I went for the area near the shoulder blade because of the way it is. I did not know what they had done to the daggers. That is the truth I swear. I had stayed behind within the hall because I wanted to see if I could help. I knew he had people there. I know some want to see the worst in what happened, but I know the truth, Lily knows the truth. If others believe the truth or not I cannot control that.

Once Lily was done with Astald my hand went back to hers and I looked at her parents. I had one of those goofy grins that some of the guys get and my eyes shone as I looked to Lily.

What should be important here is that we love each other. We were kept apart too long having to keep the secrets that were there. Now we are not keeping anything a secret. I am sorry you could not be there but I am not sorry for what we did. I understand Connor wanting to protect his sister, and you wanting to protect your daughter. She does not need protecting from me. From the moment your daughter was grown I knew that she was the only one for me. Just know that I love her and will take care of her. I was also wanting to ask to transfer to Firyon's guard if you will have me. As Firyon is my wife's home and my place is wherever she calls home.

I was not worried about Astald who was now talking to Connor, I was more worried about Krystyna. You know the stories of her family and what they are capable of but damn if we knew then what we know now. Well you will see the story is more than interesting to speak of right now. When the time is right you will know all.
Kerrin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cori Shadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 pm

I know you don't care what people say Aidan...
She curled up closer to him needing to feel that coolness, under normal circumstances she would have been teasing him about how she wouldn't need to sleep with the air on during hot summer nights all she would need was the windows open and him to feed less, but these circumstances were not normal and she was worried, justified or not, about how people might perceive what happened.
But I do care. You've been put through enough. Accused enough, and it really is time that people stop. I hate it Aidan and it makes me so mad sometimes I just want to get my bow and start shooting people in their ugly mouths. Then I remember who I am, not just to Firyon, but more importantly to Pallia and I settle down because I would never do anything to embarrass you.
Cori knew he was worried and she was trying to ease those worries but knowing Aidan as she did, he wouldn't stop worrying until she was checked out, and being how she was, always wanting to fix everything for everyone else, she was going to agree to being checked out, and she told Aidan exactly that.
If anyone is going to take a look at me I want Aranor. He saved Paynes life once, and he was there when Astrid and Ardis were born to make sure no mistakes were made and that they came into the world without any problems.
This was her way of trying to fix something for Aranor. If Firyons beloved Dowager Queen, and Pallias sweetheart Princess could trust the Dark Mage... maybe they could too. At least that was her hope.
Send for Aranor then Aidan, and you can let anyone you wish, know we're back but you cannot tell them what happened until I can be there with you because I will not let face off with loud mouthed assholes... or my Da... alone.
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cole Shadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:15 pm

I was listening to her and smiling slightly, I liked talking to her. I know some found it strange but we are what we are. Our families come together when times get tough we all know this. You also have to understand that once a couple of us become close it usually stays that way. It was that way for Hanna and I.

I really hope you are right about me being a good father. I mean I know I was raised right and all. My Father has had his issues but there is not a one of his children that he would not give his very life for. I have had a hell of a ride already.


She wiped away sauce and I smiled at her. It was funny how comfortable I was with her and how she was with me.

I do want to believe that the whole thing is over with but you know I also want to be prepared. I saw how it affected my Uncle, and my cousins growing up. I just worry about that you know. You are right twins do fight and sometimes it goes to the extremes. Yes there is a marvelous love between twins that nothing else can truly touch. I know you are speaking from observation but some times those observing see more than what the people involved actually see.


I was not going to let the idea of her going to the ball drop not with what she said and I grinned at her.

What about if you go with Tegan and I. You know I would not mind showing up with two beautiful women. Hell if no one has asked you it is their loss. You should get dressed up and come if for no other reason to keep us company. Who knows maybe having you come with we might be able to drag along Quinn too. I know I am not trying to set you up with him but maybe give him something to take his mind off of things. I will be right there making sure nothing else happens with him. Plus I think that you need to save me a dance too you know.

I knew that some would worry about things with her parents that most never had to worry about. I just smiled understandingly and touched her hand.

I am sure it is a tough decision and I am sure that they will decide together and soon. Your Mama would survive because she is an incredible woman with a lot of character and strength though she carries herself quietly.
User avatar
Cole Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Aidan Shadow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

I was not looking forward to dealing with Con to be honest. Things were not good, there are a lot of things that I could brace myself for and against but the loss of a child was not one of them. My wife being as sick as she was is another I was not prepared for. By now I had thought that she would be better, but she was not. She said she did not want Oriana that she wanted Aranor. If Aranor was who she wanted that is who she was going to get. See what my wife wants she gets if it is in my ability to do so for her. It has always been that way.

I know you are worried about what your Father might say but I think both your Mother and Father would want to know. You know how your Mama is about you. I think we should bring both your parents and mine here and talk to them when you are feeling up to it. No one is going to blame me for what happened. It happens all the time to people and it cannot be helped. You did have problems before COri I do not not think anyone is going to blame me.

I gave her that boyish grin and shrugged a bit too.

If they do try to blame me I will just pop em one in the mouth

I winked at her, no we both knew I would not do that but I was trying to get her to smile. I did call for Aranor, and was looking at her. I no sooner got the words out about what was going on then Aranor said he would be right there and that Oriana was with him. I then called Rayne and Con, and Mom and Pop letting them know I needed them at the house. I knew she wanted to be there with me when I told them but I looked at her.

Listen Cori let me talk to them, you know your Father is not going to start anything with my Mother and Father there. Let me talk to them while Aranor checks you out, that will give me something to do as well so that i do not sit here being all worried. Oriana is coming with him too and you know if any women can keep your Father in check it is my Mama, your Mama and Auntie Oriana.

I leaned and kissed her, I know it turns some people's stomach to think of us together but most have got used to it. What I did not expect is what happened when we were all in the room and I was telling them what happened.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

I know what some were thinking that I would be at Aidan's throat. I was worried about both of them believe it or not. I know there are times I cannot stand the thought of them together. I moved to his side and put a hand on his shoulder. I stood there with him.

Aidan I am sorry to hear about that.

What the hell do you care about that? You never wanted me with her, and I am sure you did not want a child coming into this world that was part of me.

Aidan no matter what our differences are there is something I could never wish upon anyone. That is the loss of a child. No matter how you look at things that child even if not born yet you still feel the loss. I know we have had our differences

That is where I stopped because he looked at me.

Cori may want to hear what you have to say, but I do not. I do not need your sympathy or anything like that. I only called you here because after Aranor is done checking her out I though would rather be talking to my parents and my Aunts.

I nodded and stepped back I was not trying to pick a fight with him.

I understand Aidan, I am going to go see Cori once Aranor is done.

I went to walk up and waited for Aranor to be done with Cori. Then I walked in and went to her and put my arms around her. I kissed her cheek and pushed her hair back like I would when she was little.

I am sorry Baby Aidan told us what happened he is down with your Mama, his parents and Oriana. You know if you need anything you can always call me.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cori Shadow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:39 pm

I don't think he remembers I can hear him...
Cori smiled faintly at her Da, when he moved her hair behind her ear, a softly pointed half breed ear... that could still hear pretty damn well.
Try not to let it get to you Da. We all know you and Aidan will never be the way you were when he was very little, I don't even think he can remember a time when you were one of his heroes.
Cori wrapped her arms around her fathers neck like she did when she was little, like she never really stopped doing, even after she was grown.
He's worried because I still have a little fever and when he gets worried, he gets more... mean isn't the word... he's just rougher with people. No Da I'm not making excuses for the way he talked to you because I did hear you too and it sounded to me like you were trying... I just know him.
She took her arms from around his neck and sank back into her pillows.
You don't have to be sorry Da. Women have been miscarrying babies since the world began, for whatever reason, our bitty simply wasn't meant to be.
There was sadness in her tone, and tears in her eyes but Cori had lived for far too long not to understand the workings of nature sometimes.
The only thing I need is for you to please keep trying with Aidan, and if could please get Aranor to tell at least Aidan what's going on, when he heard you coming, he said he'd give me time with you then he'd be back, but I'd rather hear what's going now rather than waiting for Aranor to decide when to come back in and tell me.
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Astald...
I spoke my oldest sons name in a bare whisper, his sisters words were still ringing in my ears, and so were the words of my second oldest son... who had threatened to beat some sense into his sister and to kill the scumbag she whored herself out to... and so were the words of the so called scumbag... though I did not see Kerrin as such. Of course I was still cautious and leery about his true intentions, but I also knew better than to pass judgement until all the facts were in and sorted through until the truth became clear. What my darling daughter does not know, is that I have known for some time now about her and her new husband.... before he was her husband of course.
Did she really think I wouldn't know? Just like my own sister thought our mother didn't know about her and Adam oh so long ago.
Astald I have missed you my little love, but before I can be the doting mother who is thrilled to see her oldest son, I need you to take your brother to see his niece and nephew. I am sure that Taylor will be overjoyed to see her Uncle Connor and I know that Tyler probably has some new conquest he'll want to brag about... which reminds me little love... we will be talking about your sons... late night activities...
My eyes darted to my red headed son and I know he saw how they were burning.
You, your father and I will settle up later Connor Stilin. Don't think that I will forgot your disgusting behavior in this very Hall... and do not speak a word to me about your sister, your father and I will deal with her... keep in mind whose lands you are on Connor... and what is expected of you from not only your father and I but from those who had ruled these lands for centuries before you were even a thought.
My oldest son smiled at me knowingly, my red head glared at his sister but when his eyes fell on me I met them and then he looked to his father to see if maybe his father would make a move should he go against me... luckily for my Connor, he had second thoughts about whatever he thought he wanted to do... because I know without question if our son would have stepped out of line with me even in the slightest his father would have stepped in... and when it comes to me... Adam doesn't play. I watched while two of my four children left the Hall and that's when I turned my attention to my daughter. I might have been looking at her but my words were directed to my husband, and what I had to say was not meant to hurt him in anyway, it only meant that my sister... my own twin who I miss to this day... lived on even if only a little... in mine and Adams daughter. I had force my lips to stop twitching, because the truth is I did find the whole thing a little amusing.
Does she remind you of anyone right now my love? Seems that Lily takes after more than just her mother and her grandmother... and what do we do about it? I can't see forcing them to have the whole thing annulled... after all she is not the first of Shadow or Stilin blood to run off and pull a stunt like this now is she?
User avatar
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

He is just hurting baby just like you have been. I am not letting it get to me at all. I bet he is not thinking about you being able to hear him, Aranor did head down. I would have waited though to be with you. I am sure you are right that he cannot remember those times because I can barely remember them now myself.

I had hugged her back and leaned and kissed her forehead.

I know that women have been miscarrying babies since the world began. The bitty was not meant to be as you said but that does not make it easy at all. I know it hurts to think about it baby.

I had sat holding her hand and I was looking at her.

Aranor said something about getting Oriana and Aidan. I will stay with you until he comes back. And after that if you want me to. I am sure Aranor just wants to be sure about things. Though I am surprised you asked for Aranor and not Oriana.


I knew that Cole was going to want to tell her about the baby but I was not sure that was a good thing. I smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

I am glad you are home though I was hoping it would be a happier homecoming you know.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Walk with me little one...
Kiara Jade took her son by the arm gently.
We aren't going far, just into the kitchen Aidan.
And she led him from the living room into the kitchen where it was no surprise to her that the violet eyed witch was already making tea. And it was no surprise to her when that same violet eyed witch stopped what she was doing long enough to fold Aidan up in her arms.
Listen to your mama my little warrior, I may have been gone a long time but I know somethings will never change, and your mama trying to make things better, no matter what the situation is for her children is one of those things. Now sit love, drink some tea that I made just for you and your wife, listen to your mama, and when she is done, take the little elf some tea.
Jade smiled at Oriana who nodded at her, the mage kissed the top of Aidans head then left the kitchen so mother and first born son could talk.
Reaching across the table Kiara took Aidans hand in hers squeezing it gently.
No I have not brought you in here to drop any devastating news on your head, breathe easy little one. I just wanted a few minutes alone with my baby to make sure that he was all right and to remind him, that it's okay to let other people help him and his wife right now. No one knows more than I do what a loss like this feels like, except for your father. I will be here if you need me and if Cori needs me. We're all here for you both Aidan, some more than you might want to believe. Now, go on and get Aranor so he can take you back up to your wife, don't forget her tea and I am sure that he is going to tell you that Cori will fine in a few more days.
With that being said she shooed him from the kitchen and was not surprised at all when a blonde haired blue eyed demon vampire King came into the doorway. She looked at him with a half a smile.
Tell me I didn't just lie to our son Majesty. If that little girl is not okay... I don't know how we are going survive dealing with Aidan.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Adam Stilin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Connor do as your Mother said now.

My son was strong willed and headed not sure really where he gets that from. Yes I am being sarcastic, anyone that knows the family knows. It runs in the family, but also in the family is what we are seeing from our daughter. She loves Kerrin that much is clear just as he shows to love her. When he went down in front of us it showed respect I saw just how much it meant to him. I was looking at them both and what my wife did say. It brought me back to years and years ago. The same very lands and a certain Shadow woman and Stilin man talking about when to tell her parents. It was then I had become almost ready to laugh if my son had not irritated me as much.

I am not sure what your are referring to at all. Nope my memory seems to be failing me on that. We will have to deal with Connor later I wonder what he was thinking. You should not have to be missing your time with Astald either.

Ok I did end up laughing looking at the way Kerrin looked, he looked a little more terrified then I did back then. Then can you blame the boy with all that he had been through. I was looking at my wife, then daughter, and then Kerrin.

I will tell you this Kerrin, you better treat her right because if not... well I do not think I have to remind you just who you are dealing with. My wife and I are enough to be worried about, but keep in mind this. Know if you hurt her that we will be the least of your worries.

I was looking at them and then looked to my wife and kissed her.

So what do you think about his request love. Are you going to let him come to Firyon with his wife? No our daughter is not the first one in your family. I am sure she will not be the last either. So what are we going to do with them?
User avatar
Adam Stilin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm

When Adam talks, I listen, and sometimes, when he looks at me the way he was looking at me just then, I tend to forget that sometimes we aren't alone. No I don't mean that I forget my common sense, I know better than to act out even now as old as I am in my mother and fathers Hall. Yes Bennett is King of Pallia, yes Aidan is Master of the Order of the Elite... but this... the Hall of Shadows... built by my mothers ancestors sweat and tears... and cemented with my own parents blood, sweat and tears... is the Hall of Shadows that will always belong to Kiara and Losa Shadow.
She's not the first one in my family? Well what about your family Adam hmmm? Seems to me my family is just as bad as yours... so the blame falls on them equally does it not?
Of course I was teasing him, because his family and my family were one and the same. It just makes life a little more fun when we can feigned pointing fingers and placing blame on this one or that one.
I think the boy knows what he is getting himself into, after all it isn't like he and Lily just met and up and decided to run away... is it Kerrin? I'd say they had a good four month run together before they decided to get married... and really when you think about it... that's practically a damn record for this family as a whole. Of course the shortest record still belongs to Balin and Jerrick, and I'd like to keep it that way... maybe we should have guards surrounding Connor and Bennett 24/7 just incase they decide to try and break their cousins record. Now. About this request to move to Firyon... you are aware that you will have to put your request in to His Majesty as well as to the Elites Master... if they approve... then I will make sure your move... and your transfer into Firyons army... goes as smoothly and as quick as possible. In the mean time... I suggest you find suitable accommodations for you and your wife... I know for a fact her room is too small for the two of you to share while she is here until your transfer is processed and I'll be damned if my daughter is sleeping in the barracks.
User avatar
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Adam Stilin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:59 am

Hmmm I still do not recall what you are talking about, I still say it is all on your side of the family. That is my story and I am sticking to it. You know as it goes though I am kind of in the same family now, but still.

I was teasing her and I leaned over and kissed her. My arm was around her looking around the hall did bring some things back for me. Those were life times ago and the Hall of Shadows and Black Rose were not where I called home anymore. Home was with my wife in Firyon, but in many ways Pallia would always be what was truly home.

She is right about the room being too small, and barracks is no place for a married couple. You could talk to a couple of people and see if there is anything that is open that can be used until we know what is going on. I would have rather have had the chance to walk my only girl down the aisle, you know we could have thrown any wedding you wanted.

Then someone crept into my mind, not in a bad way. I could see Lexi laughing as I was chasing her down after we were married. We had waited to tell her parents, and mind well the histories tell you that family is long gone. So there we had it, and I cracked a smile.

Well I guess you did have the wedding you wanted right?

I smiled and leaned over and kissed my daughter's cheek and hugged her.

Be happy, I can see in your eyes that he makes you happy. If you need anything though you know I will help in any way that I can.

I smiled and then once they were gone I shook my head with a laugh and kiss Krys.

She definitely has the shadow spirit. So now how do we keep Connor for taking his head? And did you notice Kerrin's what is it we call it when your brothers do it? Their shit grins, I swear he has picked up too much from this family already.
User avatar
Adam Stilin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 am

I did walk with my Mother to the kitchen even as a grown man I know better than to not listen to my Mama. Even as old as I am, I know she would have no problem reminding me who she is. I knew she would not take me far because everyone would know I was not going to leave Cori or go too far from where she is when she is sick.

I know Aunt Ori. I will take the tea up to Cori once we are done here, no one ever forgets about your tea. You still make it the best too, others tried while you were gone but it is just like Ari's cocoa there is no one that can make it like her. I am worried about Cori.


Once I had hugged my Aunt I was sitting down with my Mother. There was not much I was afraid of but I was afraid of losing Cori.

What if it is more Ma? I mean she was seen there and everything but remember Orry had a lot of the same symptoms and all. What if something is really wrong with her?

I sighed looking at her and then back to the other room.

I only asked Con here because of Cori he could careless about how I am doing about things and I am fine with that. I am not the one that I want anyone's focus on, it needs to be on Cori. With her being sick and losing the baby. I am doing okay, just worried about her. I do want to get back up there though.


So as soon as my Mother was done I took off with Aranor back up to my wife's side. I was not sure what he was going to say and that worried me more than anything
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users