Shadows of Time: Changing times

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Harper Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:28 pm

She was beyond aggravated now. Not because Jackson came into the Inn like a damn savage, really after all that Trifton did put her through, just about everyone knew that Jax would be out for blood, but what did get to her was when big brother turned on her growling out his words. She completely understood why he was being the way he was, but Jackson needed to be reminded of something too.
Harper switched gears, turning into little sister Harper... the Harper that only her brothers ever got to see or ever really understood, just like there was a Harper that only Trifton had been the one to see... once upon a time.
What I was doing with him was keeping Jack from breaking his face Jackson...
Harper glared at Jack but it didn't seem to bother him any, and why would it? Jack was a damn brickhouse, not huge like Hunter for damn sure but he was about Dareios size and Dareios (that would be Ariannes' husband to be) worked out pretty damn regularly.
He went after Trifton honestly for no other reason than we happened to walk in the room when Trifton was leaving... and if anyone is going to have the pleasure of breaking Triftons face... it's going to be my big brother... which by the way... it looks like you've finally done it.
Jax... he told me he got our mothers necklace back... it's funny... I can barely even remember her... but that necklace was so important to me... it keeps her close even though you know Ma... is Ma... hell you know what I mean Jax. He said he has a letter for me from Cameron too. Oh I know it could all be part of some damn game he's playing but Jackson... if someone had a letter for you from Sarabella... wouldn't you want it? Don't worry Jax... little sister is bulletproof now.

She kissed his cheek and left him standing there. Was she going to just ignore what Trifton said?
Hell no.
If she had the chance to read her sons words... to see his writing again... she was going to grab that chance and go with it. And she ran for the elevator that would take her to the floor where Triftons room was before Jackson could stop her. She went to the room that was his and knocked on the door, and almost fell over at who answered.
Papa?! You'rethe one whose taking care of him? What in the hell?!
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Aidan Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:37 pm

I had left her side only when I had to fill out some damn papers that got told it would not wait. During that time three of the women that I trust the most were in with my wife. My Mother, and my Aunts. So she had woken and been told what was going on. I had wanted to be there with her but I understood why they did it. Soon as I was back there I made sure there was a way for me to be right next to my wife. Of course that called for a bigger than normal bed but that is where I was right with her. I was holding on to her just waiting for her to open her eyes. Hell I was waiting for someone to tell me that it was some big damn mistake, but I knew that was not going to happen. So I was looking at her as she was speaking she was kind of tearing into me about things as well. So we were sitting there and I smiled slightly listening to her. Least she was in the mood to put me some what in my place. Because then I knew she had at least fight left in her despite what was going on with her body.

I was not going to let anyone slow me down getting you settled in over some paper trail bullshit that could get taken care of after they helped you. And why would I wait for them to get you a wheel chair or anything else to put you in when I was perfectly capable of carrying you like I was? Green does not suit me well and a hospital bed does not suit you well either. So when you are out of here and better then the green will be gone.

As she sank more into my arms my head was leaning against hers.

I know you are still here. Yes you are a Shadow and we do find a way to get our way. There is a point of me taking care of my wife like she needs to be taken care of. Watching out for her best interests and not letting anyone do anything that could harm you.

She had my face in her hands and I was looking at her.

I will try and behave myself, this is more than just a bump Cori. Cori they are saying that you could die. I want to believe you Cori but it all does not sound good at all from what they are saying. I can't lose you.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Raynalia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:28 pm

The elf slipped from the chair she was sitting in next to her Saint and crouched down in front of him, putting her elbows on his thighs. She looked at him for a few minutes, thinking about what she was going to say before she said it, which for the elf, was a minor miracle. Before she said anything at all, she reached up to touch his cheek.
You've never been very good with these kinds of situations, situations that you have no control over... and I know more than anything you want to go in that room, scoop your elfling up and make everything all better for her...
She looked down for a few seconds to get herself together because if she started to give in to the fear, the worry and the deep sadness that embedded itself in her very soul, she knew without question that there would be no keeping Con from letting his own hurt and fear swallow him. He was a Shadow after all, and when Shadows love, they love deep, and when they are hurt from that deep love, the effects are heartbreaking.
But you know all we can do is be here... she knows we're all here... and if she needs anything from us... she'll tell us. Right now she has what she needs... the best doctors... and Aidan. Oh it won't be long before she's demanding that he bring Ardis, Astrid and Valiant to her, and it won't be long before she's letting everyone within hearing range and then some know that she wants her Da...
The elf kissed the hand she took hold of and smiled up at the face that she really couldn't remember not seeing everyday of her very very long life.
So what we are going to do, is believe that when all of this is over, our elfling will still be in the world... we are not going to lose hope, or give up on her... or have her dead and buried before we even know if that is going to happen... we are going to be here for her when she wants us to be and we aren't going to be here when she doesn't want us to be... we are not going to argue with her, or do anything that upsets her, we are simply going to see this through and deal with whatever happens, as it happens. That's all we can do right now, love. And as for me...
This is where the elf moved from her crouch and put herself in his lap, her arms around his neck, and her head on his shoulder so he would not see her tears and she spoke in a small voice.
I just need you to tell me that everything is going to be okay.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cori Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Oh it never sounds good Aidan...
Cori was trying to make light of the whole situation but that didn't mean she wasn't afraid. Of course she was afraid, if she was any more afraid, she might even be able to say she was scared to death, but she figured if she even uttered that word right then, it would really make what Aidan was feeling that much worse. Sure he said that she could die, but him saying it because he was worried and scared, was a hell of a lot different than her bringing up any D words because she was the one it was happening to. That was a little wrong though. If something like that did happen to her.... it would echo through all of Pallia and Firyon and what would happen then, wouldn't be happening to her, it would be happening to her family and she wouldn't be there to do anything to make it easier for them.
Well it's true, it never does sound good but that doesn't mean it's set in stone that I'm going anywhere, except to Ireland when all this is done with. I miss Krystynas Emerald Hall, and you have to admit when all that craziness went down with Aranor... no one really got to enjoy it. It would be a nice place for a vacation don't you think? I think after what you're going to be going through having to deal with the likes of me while I deal with whatever the hell this is, that you will need a vacation anyway.
Cori smiled though she felt like all her energy was being sapped from her.
You haven't lost me yet Aid... why in the world would you even think you're going to now? Because some silly doctors say you might? Bullshit. You know if it comes down to it what will need to be done, not just so you don't lose me, but so I don't lose you or anyone else. I still have plenty of life that I want to live Aidan... so if worse does come to worse, you know what you have to do... okay?
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Yes I am the one taking care of him and there is a reason why. These other doctors rely too much on narcotic pain killers. For someone like Trifton it is like handing a gambling addict money in a casino. Even controlled narcotics could send his system back into the addictions he has been working hard at to over come. I know I should have told you before coming up here. The other old worlders are tied up with something. Trifton is refusing to press charges about any of it either. He said he does not see the point in it.

I leaned over and kissed Harper's cheek and took her hand.

You need to make up your own mind about what you want to and don't want to talk to him about. But these attacks need to stop they are not accomplishing anything other than making our family look like a bunch of thugs. I have also given Trifton some warnings as well about things. I do not like the things that have happened in the past. I cannot change what happened in the past but I did remind Trifton exactly who I am, and exactly who my big brothers are. I am going to stay outside here if you need anything. Just understand Harper I helped him because I am a healer, and I was the one that was available.

I smiled you know Harper reminds me so much of her Mother at times and I touched her hand again.

I can fix many breaks the only thing that I cannot fix is a broken heart that anyone gets. Just understand that sometimes we have to do things because of what we are not who we are. Now you go ahead and get whatever you need from Trifton and as I said I will be sitting right out here.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Lucy Elaine » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:02 pm

I didn't think it was a threat Sol. I get what you're saying.
I did understand what he meant about darkworlders, and his power. I mean come on he is a sun god... hello... doesn't take a genius to figure it out. I have to say, the whole thing, made my head spin, and I still wasn't done letting it all sink in. One thing did sink in though. For whatever reason, I was not going to let him go into this alone, and whether the Order could help or not, didn't matter. I was a part of this now, and I wasn't backing out. What I did need to do though was sleep. Oh I don't really need sleep but ever since I was born my parents have I guess you could say "trained" me in the more normal habits of mortals and humans, so if I did decide to have a life outside of the Order, I would be better adjusted. It's habit, much like it is for many darkworlders.
Whatever you do find out, we'll go to Jade and the others together. I really wouldn't worry about Oriana and where her trust lies though, no one gets put above family, god or not.
I had no idea what was happening with Cori, at that time, but once I did find out... in a way... the choices that Solaris and I made together stemming from Coris' situation... played a huge roll in where I am today. Where is that? You'll find out... just not yet.
So where do we go from here? Do we keep acting like a new happy little couple and just go on with our day to day business like nothing out of the ordinary is happening? Whatever we're doing we need to hurry up and decide because I am tired as hell, and I'm about three seconds away from falling dead asleep right here on the floor.
Lucy Elaine
Stablehand
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Harper Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Dad, Jackson is being what he's always been. I can't keep him from being my big brother any more than you can keep Uncle Losa, Uncle Con, or Uncle Aranor from being yours. Jax takes his role as big brother even more serious now that Brax isn't around to chip in. I'll talk to Jax though and tell him he needs to back off.
She wanted to tell her father that Jackson had every right to beat Triftons face in, that there was so much Jackson himself went through... nights out looking for Trifton when he didn't come home and Harper was worried to the point of being sick, all the times that Jax put up his own money and refused to let Harper be the one to pay him back when he would go and bail Trifton out of jail at some ungodly hour, but Harper knew her father and knew it would be pointless especially when he was in "healer mode". So instead she said all that she was going to about Jackson.
You don't need to stay out here Dad, Trifton really can't say or do anything more to hurt me anymore than he already has. I'm not the same Harper I was before when it comes to matters of the heart. I know that's hard to believe, but it's true. I'm not going to break or anything Papa. You should go home before Ma comes looking for you... I'm sure the last thing the Fools Rush needs is another incident involving us Shadows. Go on. I'll be fine.
She hugged her father.
Oh and thank you for having the sense of mind to think about Triftons addictions, and for stepping up to take care of him, I'm sure he appreciates all your efforts.
With that being said she stepped into the room closing the door behind her. Her nose wrinkled immediately, and she shook her head crossing the room to sit in an empty chair far from the bed where he was sitting. Bulletproof Harper remember that.
She had to remind herself that she was there to get Camerons letter and her mothers necklace, and not for anything else.
Hellfire, you look like shit. Then again why wouldn't you... Jax isn't any damn lightweight. Anyway, I'm here Trifton. You have five minutes to talk, and give me what you said you had for me.
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:31 pm

I had been thinking about a lot of things since I had come back to the lands. I had kept the things for her safe in a little chest. It was something that was more jewelery boxed sized than an actual chest. The designs on it, Harper had things that had similar designs. When I had seen that I picked it up for the items that I had for her. What I was not expecting after the latest little run in with Jackson was for Harper to come to the room. I had called for one of the old world healers knowing what newer doctors were like. There it was that I was sitting with the ice pack on like Mathias told me to and he was leaving. Not after he reminded me of a few things. When Harper did make it into the room I looked at her then looked away. My note from Cameron was hanging up along with a picture of him and I, the last one taken of us. It was not long before his death that it was taken. I was looking up at her, and I just pointed to the small chest on the dresser.

Everything is in there that I found that you might want. There also is a picture I found amongst deveoped things from my last visit to our son that I thought you would like a copy of.

I got quiet again I looked down at the ring on my finger the one I had yet to take off. Why hadn't I taken it off well the explanation is simple, but now is not the time for that to be talked about. I was not trying to keep her there or anything.

I did not want to carry the things around and risk them getting damaged at all. I just wanted to make sure it got safely to you, I did not know if anyone would give it to you if I asked.

I looked at her and my eyes would show her I was telling the truth about my reasoning behind it. I knew she had seen her Father on his way out was her way in.

I am just glad there are people around here that are still into the old ways with medicine. I do not want any of that new stuff. I know what I have to say about things does not matter Harper and I know I deserve worse than what I have got. I have told you the truth the whole time I have been here. Harper I know I majorly screwed up in everything. I am only glad I was able to make peace with Cameron before our boy was killed. There are people I do not even know where to begin to make things up to and there are some that I cannot. I know I cannot take back any of the hurts that I caused. I am not the same person anymore none of us are.

I heard what she said about Jackson and I knew what she was getting at with him too.

I am not here to cause problems, us being in the same places has been coincidence. I know your brohter is no lightweight and neither am I, but I did not see what the sense in causing scenes would be. I have been contacted about pressing charges but I won't do it. I know how good of a man and brother Jackson is. He is just trying to protect you and I know that. Also Jackson's money is all on its way to being replaced, including interest. Since I have been out of rehab I have been working hard to pay back every penny that was put out including interest. Money can be paid back but some things well I just do not know what I can do anything about other than what I have already said about things.

I was just sitting there with my hands in my lap and thinking about things. I know at some point she would see the ring on my finger, my wedding ring was still there.
User avatar
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Solaris_ » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:58 pm

I knew that given the situations some could take what I was saying as a threat but Lucy did not. Which was a good thing because out of everyone she was the one that was getting to know me the best. I had my arms around her and was looking at her.

I knew you would get what I was saying. There are things that I do not want to see happen. First and foremost I told you I am protecting you, Quinn and Tegan.


My head leaned against hers as I was listening to her my arms had gone around her. I don't know what it was but I was drawn more and more to her. I was holding on to her, and had relaxed a bit myself.

I know that you said nothing gets put above family, and that might be what saves it all. I have an idea but it will take somethings to achieve. We can go speak to them together. I do worry about certain things but since you are trusting me and I am trusting you, well I will trust what you tell me.


I had sat down on the bed and was looking at her. I knew I was tired as well from everything that was going on. I looked at her and pulled her hand and had her sitting in my lap. I leaned and kissed her.

Well where we go from here is wherever we want to go. If you are tired you know you could stay here with me I need to rest anyways. This way I can also mke sure nothing happens to you. No way I am letting you sleep on the floor. If you are going to sleep anywhere here there is a bed you know.
Solaris_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Condrik Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm

I have been married 4 times in my life, kind of funny when you think about it. Rayne took care of the first wife, Raye was my second and fourth wife. No matter how much time passed I would always remember Ariela Ravine Shadow for many reasons. I have boys that remind me of her. An elfling though born to Rayne, Ari was her Mother just as much. When her hand touched my face I had to smile gently at her. What a life we have had our story alone is quite amazing when you think about it. We had gone through so much.

No I have never been good with these kind of situations. When she was sick I used to pace the floor, actually it did not matter which child it was. I was always pacing the floors with worry, well you saw how I was. Yes I want to go scoop up our daughter and make everything all better for her but I cannot do that in this situation. From the moment I saw her I wanted to make everything better for her, and give her the world. Even though I happened to be behind bars at the time.


My fingers played in her hair and I was looking at her. I was trying to be strong but as she said I had never done will with those types of things. We were both worried about our daughter and neither of us were going to act like we were not worried because we both knew better anyways. One would have to be foolish to not be worried. We were there and when she got into my lap I leaned and kissed her I wiped her tears with my fingers.

I know you are right we can just be here until we can go in there. You are right when she wants someone or something she is going to let it be known. We know she has to be okay for other reasons to she is our daughter after all. With the strength and stubborness in our family she is not going to let her life go easily. She is not going to let it go at all.

I was now turning my focus onto my elf and I wrapped her up in my arms and leaned my head against hers talking softly to her.

Some how my elf our elfling is going to be okay. We are all going to make sure of that.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Harper Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Jacksons not going to care about the money, but he might appreciate the gesture.
Harper wanted to smack herself in the forehead. That was the first thing she said? Really? Sometimes she amazed even herself with how ridiculous she sounded when she opened her mouth to speak. It wasn't always like that, before it used to be so easy, like second nature to talk to Trifton but then everything went to hell, and the only thing that became second nature to her was the fighting, the worrying, the searching, the crying.... and she was never going to spill tears like that again. She held the box in her hands, but didn't dare open it because she didn't want him to see her reactions to anything that might be in that box. The only thing that kept her from running like her ass was on fire was he started talking about Cam. Cameron had come to her before his death and talked with her about his wanting to make peace with his father and Harper, as much as she knew she was not ready for any such peace between her and Trifton... had truly and genuinely been so proud of their son for deciding to reach out to his father. Yes Trifton had ruined Cam and Evies wedding, but that did not keep their son from marrying the woman he loved, and it had broken her heart when Cameron let his father know that day that he wanted nothing more to do with him. So when Cameron let her know his intentions she supported him every step of the way, of course she never wanted Trifton to know that, but she had always hoped that Trifton and Cameron would be able to make amends, and when she found out that they had, she was happy for their son... and she was happy for Trifton. It didn't matter how little or how much he said about Cam, he still talked about him and she could see, could feel how Camerons death hurt him. Of course it would hurt him she thought to herself. For all his wrongs, she never doubted Triftons love for their son. She stood up still unable to bring herself to look at him, she knew it would start to hurt all over again if she did. What she saw though, hurt just as bad as looking at him would have. Trifton was wearing his wedding ring. She bit her lip hard,to keep herself from asking him if he remembered to take his wedding ring off when he was fucking around on her... but she was not there to fight with him or to bring up old hurts that still hadn't healed. Instead she turned and started walking towards the door.
I'm glad that you're getting the help you need now... I know Cameron was proud of you when you took the first steps you needed to towards recovery. I know you aren't here to cause trouble, I'll make sure Jackson backs down the rest of the time you're here. You're right Trifton... none of us are the same people we were back then.
She made it to the door and opened it, her father wasn't there but she had a feeling she'd find him and her mother... the only mother she really remembered... sitting in the Inns lobby waiting. She hoped not because she really just wanted to be alone. Being in such close proximity to the man she once loved with everything she was... did hurt, and she needed to just sort through the emotional storm he created.
For what it's worth... I wish you a happy life Trifton....
With that being said Harper stepped out into the hallway closing the door and she walked to the elevator. When the elevator doors opened she stepped inside and her back went to wall, the doors closed just as the tears started to fall.
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:25 am

Jackson may not care about the money but there are some things I can fix and some things that I cannot. The money is one of those things I can fix, even if he does not need it. It is still the right thing to do after all.

I was being careful of anything I was doing I did not want to upset her further. That night I knew I could have given things to Mathias but then again I did not know that beforehand. My biggest worry had been that someone would destroy that stuff before Harper was able to see the last words from our son that was in a letter to her. I know what mine said and I smiled slightly. I was not sure what hers said it was between the two of them. Just like his and my talks while in rehab and once I was out was between just the two of us.

I know that he was proud of me taking those steps. Recovery is a day by day thing. After he died it was hard not to go back to things then I remembered sitting there talking to him about things. I promised him I would not go back to that way of life that cost me everything. I am not sure how much longer I will be here. No we are not the same people, I do appreciate you getting Jackson to back down. I just did not come here to fight I came here to also get some things around Cameron's grave. I did not disturb anything there but I did take care of it.

When I watched her open the door my heart sank even more, the last time I saw her open a door and leave like that was when things ended. This time it hurt more because this time I was not strung out on this drug or that. It was some thing I was just going to have to deal with. I know sticking around there was just going to cause me more pain too. I looked at the stuff it would be so easy to back up and go away. Right then I could not do it, I am not sure why I did not do it. I did get up though and got cleaned up, I walked to the one place I knew I could be alone and talk to the air.

Cam I gave your Mother your letter, it was not easy to give her any of those things. You know there are times I can feel it like you are still here with us. Then I remember that we are not going to see your face anymore, your smile or your jokes. You are missed by us both. I know that goes without saying. I have kept my promise to you too Cam no more of any of that stuff. It made me into someone I did not even know, I just wish I had done it sooner maybe then not all would be lost. I never stopped loving her you know, and I never will. I just messed things up so bad with her. The doctors did say you were right about some of my problems, and they got those under control with medicine now too.
User avatar
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Aidan Shadow » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 am

There are times it does not sound so bad.

I was staying as close to her as I could making sure not to interfere with any of the machines either. I knew she had to be afraid you do not know someone as long as we have known each other and think differently. I was laying there trying to think back, you know there is not a time I can think back to that she was not right there with me. No matter what the situation was, hell the time I almost killed her where was she once she was awake. Things like that seem like it was a different life time and in a lot of ways it was a different life time. At least a different life time for me. It was not just me that was going to have a hard time if something happened. She helped to raise her brothers and they would struggle with what to do without her too. You ever see one of those boys going off? It is not an easy thing to calm down and seh was one of the best at doing so.

We might be able to get away then I am not so sure, you know I do have the order to think about too. I have already left it in Hunter's hands longer than I should have. We will see when the time comes plus being away then having this happen really does not make me want to go on a trip any time soon. We were not even supposed to be gone as long as we were. The Order is my responsibility too. I cannot keep from taking care of that as well as my wife. Right now I need to take care of you and still leave the order in Hunter's hands.


I heard what she said but I was not sure if I could do that. Last person I turned was Con but that was because I damn near killed him. I was not sure that I could take turning her. What if something went bad like it did with Janessa. No I have not forgot about her at all, and I would not forget about the Mother of my Shade. It was through here that some changes were made but still no one knew back then exactly what the problem was. If they had known maybe some of the things would never have happened.

Why do I think that it could happen now. It is not just the doctors that are worried you know. Oriana and Aranor both are worried about it. I understand what you are saying Cori, I just do not know if I could do that. What if something goes wrong with you also?
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cori Shadow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Aidan...
Cori smiled up at him, she did have more she wanted to say to him, but there was movement outside her room, even though the blinds were down she caught the silhouette
cast against the blinds and from the shape she knew, there was someone else who was going to need to see her.
You and I still have plenty to talk about and we will but right now I need you to do me a favor.
There was another smile and she took his hand in hers. Even now, she was amazed at how small her hand looked in his, she was always amazed by that, and for a moment she thought back to a time when he was all of thirteen, and even then, his hand had been bigger than hers.
I need you to go and let your mama see that you're okay. I need you to feed better too, don't argue Aid, we both know you haven't been feeding enough and now that I'm here, there is no reason for you to keep playing ice pack for me. Go on and stop worrying that I'm going to die tonight, tomorrow or even the day after. This elf is nowhere near ready to go anywhere.
Aidan was most likely going to protest even just a little and she kissed him softly.
Honey... Hunter is out there waiting... which means Quin is out there.. and that means Cole is probably out there and so are Orry and Gage... my brothers and sister need to see me and I'd like a little time with them one on one.
That was pretty much all she needed to say, that she needed time with the siblings she helped raised and treated as her own, especially Hunter and Quin. She thought about Brayden and Brendan and Robert... three of her brothers that had been gone from the world, two of them for such a long time, but she could still see all three of their faces clearly in her mind, and feel them in her heart, so when she did get to see her other siblings, Brayden, Brendan and Robert would be right there with them too.
Aidan let her know he'd be right outside if she needed him and she wasn't going to argue with him. Not long after Aidan stepped outside, Hunter stepped in, and she opened her arms to him.
As strong and big as Hunter was, she could see his fear, and see the tears he was trying to hold back and Cori, being Cori did what she always did. She smiled her best smile.
Come here my goofy monkey boy and let me make everything all right...
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Hunter Shadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 am

All it took was the call saying that something was wrong with Cori. There is nothing that makes all of us gather so quickly as a problem with another one of the siblings. This is different you know this is Cori, this is big sister that we all looked up to. So we were all outside of the room when Aidan came out and I went in. I was trying not to think about all that was told to me but I could not help it. We could lose her is the very real fact about all of this. It did not take me long to be over hugging her and kissing the top of her head. I was trying to make light of it all at the time too.

You know there are easier ways to get us all together then landing yourself in this place. Cori nothing is going to make it all better until we know that you are going to be okay. I even saw how Aidan looked when he came out before I came in. You trying to scare us all to death?

I was holding onto my sister and trying not to cry. See as you have read she was our other Mother. With our parents being who they are well were it meant she stepped up to help quite a bit. So there I was with her and I pulled up the chair to sit down next to her.

Do they even know what caused all of this to happen or is it just one of those things?
User avatar
Hunter Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Cori Shadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Now Hunter you know if I wanted to scare any of you to death, this would so not be the way I'd go about doing it...
Cori smiled at her brother again, her hand was in his and she made a face at him.
It was the fever. Started the whole thing I guess.
She shrugged, acting like what was going on really was no big deal. Sure the boys were grown, and so were her sisters, but all of them, Hunter, Quin, Brayden, Brendan, Cole, Robert, Rhone, Gage, Avery and Orry... they were all her babies. It didn't matter that she had been married with children of her own when Orry and Gage were born, it didn't matter that Rhone and Avery were her half brother and sister... the point is all of them were hers, and she wasn't going to allow a single one of them that were still living to be upset.
Yeah I know what all of you have heard, but really Hunter, think about this...
This is the part where Cori sat up, leaned over and took her brothers face in her hands. Hunter was a grown man, he had been a grown man for centuries, but every time she looked at him she saw that goofy faced little boy with hot chocolate on his lip grinning up at her bragging about how he and his brother took a wild elven King down in the snow.
When your sister wants something to happen... she makes it happen doesn't she? And when your sister doesn't want something to happen... she makes damn sure it doesn't. So when I say I will make everything all right... I will. So all of you can just stop worrying, it's pretty pointless in my opinion.
Letting go of him, she sank back into the pillows and nodded her head towards the sliding glass door.
So how bad is it out there? Gonna have to start handing out ticket numbers or what?
User avatar
Cori Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 pm

We're going to have to do it. Aidan might argue, but for now, I really think this is the way it needs to be . Bennett can easily relieve Aidan and Hunter both of their duties temporarily, until we know how this whole thing is going to play out...
Kiara Jade was off in a waiting room, away from the rest of the family. With her were her King, her black mage, her whore of an elf, and the Guardian. She knew Rayne and Con would want to hurry back to be as near to Cori as they could, but she and Losa needed to have the little meeting as soon as possible, because with what Cori was going through... the business of the Order was up in the air. As much as Jade and Losa knew how very serious Aidan was about his role as Master of the Elite... and as much as they both knew how serious Hunter was being Aidans second in command, both of them agreed that until Cori was out of the woods so to speak, they would be taking their places at the head of the council table.
It might help to remind Aidan that Krystyna is in Pallia for the time being, he might be more inclined not to argue if she talks with him too. I know Bennett will be able to get through to him but will Bennett be enough?
Jade was nodding her head listening to Oriana.
Are you sure you want to do this though Jade? You and Losa... you put in your time, more time than any one who was sane would have... we get where you're coming from, believe me the intent behind the suggestion isn't lost on the Saint and I, but are you sure this is the right thing to do? You and Losa had to face a hell of a lot worse... and as much as I hate the words even coming out of my mouth... Cori isn't the first to get sick... she wouldn't be the first to... she wouldn't be the first to die... and you and Losa still carried on with your duties to Pallia... to the Order. Our children have lived and breathed for Pallia and the Order... their sense of duty runs deep...
Kiara shook her head listening to Rayne.
And what of duty to family and to self? Oh I know that you could argue duty to Pallia and the Order is one and the same as duty to family and to self but you see... that was mine and Losas' biggest mistake. Pallia and the Order always came first, leaving very little time for family and self... think about it... up until recently... Losa and I never even saw the world outside of Avurland... our children... all of our children with the exception of Oris children didn't even know there was life outside of Pallia until they were older... because Pallia came first. All of you... need to step back and let Losa and I deal with Pallia, and the Order... you take care of Cori and each other... leave the rest to us...
Kiara slipped her hand into Losas.
We know what we're doing, don't we Majesty?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Losa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 pm

This was not going to be easy because we all know how us Shadow men are. Sometimes we do not want to admit to needing help. We are a stubborn lot and like to handle things ourselves. I knew we were going to have to do the right thing to for our son and Cori.

You know neither of them are going to like it, yes Benny is going to have to be the one to relieve them of their duties.

My hand was in hers and I was looking at the others. With Aidan and Hunter having to be relieved there was not another that I would trust with the order that was not going to be tied up. I smiled slightly and looked at my brother and Rayne. then I looked to Oriana.

I am sure Krys would help too with the order, and yes she can talk with Aidan as well. You know she and Aidan have always been close. I think Benny can get through to him but it would not hurt to have Krys there as well.


I looked at Rayne and I took a breath she was right in some of what she said too.

We put in our time that is true. We did what we had to for the order. We also learned first hand at times how putting the order in front of other things could hurt things. Our children have lived and breathed for Pallia and the Order. With what is going on though the best thing that we can do is let Aidan deal with what he needs to and us take care of what is going on.


I looked to my queen, yes she would always be my queen no matter what titles we did or did not hold.

We will not let our son make the same mistakes. His place is with his wife, Hunter's place is being here for his family. We will take care of what we need to do. It is our right to help our son out, and as much as we would like to be here with him. We also know that with all that is going on that we need to take the responsibilities off him in order to let him take care of what is most important. You and Con need to concentrate on things with Cori too.

I smiled over at Kiara and winked.

I am hoping that we still know what we are doing. We do have some things to take care of. We can take care of these things. Speaking of which I want to meet with this Solaris fellow and see what is going on there.

I stood and leaned and kissed my wife, I knew we were going to have to talk to Benny about what needed to be done.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows of Time: Changing times

Postby Lily Stilin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Are you really sure about leaving Pallia Kerrin?
Pureblood or not, I do enjoy plenty of what you could call "human" activities, like spending the day at the spa, getting my hair and nails done, pedicures, you know girly things like that, and I was right in the middle of getting my long hair washed with my favorite shampoo and I don't mind telling you that I am a bit spoiled, I mean come on who still bathes in rose petal filled water these days? Probably only me. Go ahead and laugh, my brothers pick on me all the time talking about how I'm just as bad as a bratty princess, only they know... I can kick some serious ass when I need to. Anywhere, I was taking a bath and Kerrin was being a dear and washing my hair, and we had some serious talking to do, though I know talking wasn't exactly what he hoped to be doing. Duty first my love.
I could just as easily stay here Kerrin. I was raised in the ways of Firyon and Pallia both, but you, Pallia is all you've known. Oh life in Firyon isn't that much different but it is still a change and I think it might be easier for me to stay here than it would be for you to uproot yourself.
It's true. My roots are set in both Firyon and Pallia though Firyon is home for me. My parents know how important it is that me and my brothers know both worlds and not just Firyon, and I think my Grands would have went ballistic if my mom kept us from Pallia anyway, not that she ever would. Pallia is still the tie that binds my mother and father, and Pallia will always be her true home, just like it is for my father but it is amazing to see just how much they thrive in Firyon too. This isn't about Krystyna and Adam Stilin though, this is about Kerrin and Lily Connell.
Just think about it, nothing really needs to be decided right this minute. I know you said you'd go to Firyon and I know you already talked to my mom and dad but I just want you to be sure Firyon is what you really want Kerrin, and not because it's where I'm at.
Lily Stilin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 am

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users