And the Old Ones Fade (ooc: Discussion)

Glories of yesterday brought to life; or are they dim memories tainted by 'what could have been'. - A roleplay forum to delve into Tonan's past

Re: And the Old Ones Fade (ooc: Discussion)

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:50 am

Lets just say its silverwolfe's first showing of one of his more well known abilities in the modern age.
Life isn't about making it to the grave safe, and in a well preserved body

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"
SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew

Postby Porckie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:53 am

Neat trick! (You coward! :P)

Now you make a realm as well :D
Porckie
Pickpocket

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:03 am

bah... cant make realm.. Im doing these posts by hijacking da nets....

not always reliable. :)

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:05 am

ahh yes... and there is no cowardice in trickery.... :D Victory by any means was Silverwolfe of olds motto. by ANY means. :D

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby Tuon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 am

You face me with a dilemma, Sir. My character would not believe your ruse, yet I cannot kill you because that would just not work. I plan to have this character die eventually, but... first IC post... thats a little soon :P I come up with... solutions! ~Topheh

Okay...

Tuon
Height:6' 2''
Eyes:Brown
Hair: Brown
Equiptment: Same as Elerosse, really... sword, leather armor, throwing daggers
Description: Tuon is a competent commander and an excellent swordsman. Unknown to the rest of the army, his son is currently training to join the army and is expected to be deployed to the front any week now.
Tuon
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:30 am

Mmmkay, Sidhe are on their way tomorrow.
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Hmmm... Very good. :) Silverwolfe isnt quite as skilled with a blade in this time period as he is in the future... He just moves like lightning here, unlike the greased lightning of the future. :D

Tuon is a good character. :) I likes him. I will have to open up my repertoir of Characters and build a few new ones here soon. :D

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 am

Yeah... I plan to develop the Toph-Tuon connection in the future, ergo why I'm not killing him off now (although, honestly, I considered it) I figure I have ~2 more characters to introduce and then the cast of characters that I'm willing to field will be complete. Toph, Tuon, Elerosse, Head of the Sidhe mages sent to bolster the elves (no name yet, but think Toph with a bit of extra awesome thrown in) and then another Sidhe back at the capitol.

While I'm at it, a few plot points that I want to bring up/would like worked in somehow.

Toph: In my mind, Toph is a fairly background character here... were he 'important'... well, lets just say he wouldnt be called a child and told to listen to his elders at future Sidhe convocations. He could have some part in foiling some plot, but he's definitely not 'important'
Tuon: As I mentioned above, I plan to kill this character off eventually... hopefully in some heroic way, and hopefully somewhere where Toph can watch for maximal impact. Singlehandedly holding off the mother of all Krell beasts of the like.
Elerosse: I've dangled the kidnapped daughter out there... I'd like to do something with that. Could be either happy or sad, really... and will change how the character works either way.
Sidhe Mage-man: Eh, havent developed much in the way of plot points for this one... just your typical somewhat aloof mage. Oooh... who may have a grudge against Juriel's mate (was she a spellcaster?)
Capitol-Sidhe: I'm sure I'll come up with some intruigue for this one, but mostly there to interact with Silverwolfe's mama and report on the progress of the spell.

As for the spell... might as well start thinking about what it does. It sterilizes most of the Sidhe as a side effect (oops!), and... Silverwolfe, sometimes it kills the vast majority of the Icharii, sometimes it drives them underground and into a deep sleep. Any preference?
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Angrod » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Bah, first name I wanted was already taken. Ah well.

Angrod
Race: Sidhe
Height: 5' 11''
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Barely starting to yellow... difficult to see it unless you're looking for it.
Equipment: Battle robes: Leather and Magic-reinforced robes that offer excellent movement AND protection.
Description: Leader of the battlemage squadron sent to reinforce the elves. Has a small bit of a superiority complex...
Angrod
Stablehand

Postby Sythlini » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 pm

YAY!!! First Character.. :)

Sythlini
Race: Icharii
Height: 6'9"
Eyes: Blue, Solid black when using battle magic. (traits of Icharii Magi)
Hair: Raven Black
Wings: Ditto
Skin: Snow White
Equipment: Icharii Silks, and her Magi-Spear (Staff with pointed end.. Enchanted)

Description: Sythlini is an Average Sized Icharii Female. Daughter of Ancient battle mage, Khelestra. Ravishingly beautiful, and lithe. Prefers to stay out of combat unless absolutely necessary, but has killed several Sidhe battle mages with her own Icharii Battle magic. They say that she faced down four at once at one point, and only a single soul got away with his life....

(and yes, Khelestra of the future is the same Khelestra that died before silverwolfe was even born..... His daddy instilled her soul inside of him to boost his strength and abilities.. :)) Kind of drove her mad, and filled her mind with hatred for him. Events in the future tell that tale though.)
Sythlini
Stablehand

Postby Angrod » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:30 pm

waaaiiit... Khelestra isnt a demoness? She's Icharii? hmm... Shows what I know.

Also. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a VERY long post introducing the Sidhe characters and turning the tide of the rout and I got logged out. *mutters grumpily*

I'll... write it again... later... bleh.
Angrod
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm

ALWAYS write them in Word/Notepad, or at least copy/paste it.

Losing such posts sucks buttock :(
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Thepheonix » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Agreed. I typically copy them right before I hit submit, but my mind blanked and... whoosh, away it went.

In perhaps happier news, here's what I'm thinking for the battlefield.

Bows are elves, Axes are Icharii... and Silverwolfe, see that little cave above the pass? You're gonna be losing some men at that cave in the near future :P
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Porckie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 am

Ahh.. the axes of evil... :P

Interestingly I miss our hollow tree ;) Kk..soooo...when Snark posts (think thursday-ish), he will probably put the poisoned dirt in Juriel's pepper mil and then its up to Silverwolfe to decide whether someone dies or not :)
Porckie
Pickpocket

Postby Thepheonix » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am

Oh right... the tree... we'll see what I can do about that ;)
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Angrod » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:04 pm

yay! It worked this time. Here appears two of Toph's own favorite moves... but Angrod is much better at them (he can teleport to a location just by looking at a map! Toph needs to have a clear picture of what the place looks like in real life.

And Silverwolfe... you'd better get up off the ground pretty soon :P
Angrod
Stablehand

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 am

ummm

I had a nice long post... but i pulled a toph... and lost it all... :cries: So Ill get somethign up tommorow.. :D

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:55 am

*Toph pats Silverwolfe on the back*

There there... it'll come again. I like version two of my post better, anyways!
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:07 am

:D the meteors arent more then 1-2 meters in diameter. And there aren't more than a half dozen of them, impacting the entirety of the elven lines. They aren't concentrated in just this battles vicinity. Just very small kinetic bombs I guess. the impact and blast radius shouldn't be that large. Wanted to show a lil bit of Sythlini's abilities. The process took about fifteen minutes...

oh yeah.. mine worked too!!! YAY!! I do like this one a little better.... Way I figure it, if this is a war between massively magical creatures... why not use Massively destructive spells?

besides... the mundane is just... well, mundane.

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:22 pm

yo toph. Mebby we can do Juriel and Toph's first meeting here soon... mebby in this situation. It'll give me a chance to show that even though Juriel is an evil heartless bastard, he does some have some honor.

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Sure, sounds good to me... let me see what you just wrote and I'll see how we might be able to get ourselves in the same place :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Erm... Toph finds Juriel's consort and doesnt kill her, so Juriel lets him go?
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 am

That sounds good... but what if you helped her out from under the tree? LOL. Juriel is about to pop up around the area anyway.

SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Postby Mena » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:47 am

Mena
Height: 5'4"
Eyes: Pale Blue
Hair: Silver
Equipment: Silken Robes. Staff. (enchanted)
Description: Mena is an Older Sidhe Sorceress, though she doesn't look more than thirty by human standards. However, her eyes have a certain ageless look to them that frightens most non fae races. She is missing her left hand. For most of her life, she was always smiling, and always happy. Recent events have caused that to all but dissapear. Now, she has a constant sorrowful expression. The Icharii call her the "Mournful Death." Only one Icharii Spellcaster has ever survived combat with her. Her son, Juriel Khael Dlorian.

History: A couple centuries prior to the current events, Mena was a sidhe diplomat, and had travelled to the Icharii capitol to attempt to halt the Icharii before they attacked Sidhe lands. When she arrived, Sor'jus Talhana, the Icharii king agreed to meet with her. When they met, he was instantly enamored with her beauty, and he and his mages bound her magic and body. And doing like Sor'jus does when he wants something, he took her. She was raped and tortured by Sor'jus himself, until he learned that she had fallen pregnant.

He had her confined until she gave birth. The Child was named Juriel Khael Dlorian, and in Icharii tradition took his mothers family name, instead of Talhana, His fathers. For almost a century Mena stayed, and tried to steer her son away from his fathers path. All she succeeded in doing was instilling in Juriel a sense of honor, and a need to repay all debts, and a genuine care for his subordinates. In all other aspects, he was his fathers son. Bloodthirsty, Vicious and Cruel.

When she saw that she could not change him, she left, as she was no longer shackled by Sorjus, and even held in some regard among the Icharii people. Returning to Sidhe lands after nearly a century of absence was a relief to her, but she missed her son. However, when the Icharii advanced into her peoples lands, out of a sense of duty to her people she joined the sidhe in battle against the Icharii. During the first few battles, she massacred Icharii and goblin forces single handedly, the Icharii sorceresses unable to fight off the ancient sidhe.

She was called up again to do battle against an enemy strike force. What she did not know was that her son led that force. The battle was over quickly, and at the end, Juriel was laying on the ground with his mother standing over him, staff to his throat. She hesitated however, and Juriel capitalizing on the oportunity and swung with his sword, removing one of his mothers hands before he took to the sky and fled.

Mena was never the same afterwards, and became a recluse until she was approached by a sidhe high mage, just couple decades before the current events. He told her the war was being lost, and the races needed help against the icharii. He asked her to go north, to the emerging human realms and request assistance. She agreed.
Mena
Stablehand

Postby Stromdus_ » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:55 am

Stromdus
Race: Human!
Hair: Black
Beard: Black, Full beard, kind of bushy.. Think Black beard.. :))
Eyes: Brown
Equipment: Full plate. (the man is massive) Double bladed axe. Two Tomahawks
Description: If you've ever read Robert Gemmel's books about Druss the Legend... well, thats where I got the inspiration for this character.. Big guy, Really good with an axe, kind of ugly. Oh, hes also the son of human nobility. :)
Stromdus_
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 am

I... dont think I've ever had anyone be *that* excited to be Human! before ;)

I'll postamaficate tomorrow... you dont want my 2am ramblings anyhow.
Thepheonix
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours of the Past