Arisen Darkness

The Strength of Tradition - A roleplay forum based within the Empire, where the young Lord Barnabas is coming to power

Re: Arisen Darkness

Postby _Nagash_ » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:01 am

OOC: Thank you for your ‘opening’, master Porckie ;P

Even if the architecture wasn’t half bad, Nagash didn’t like the city of Verthicha much. Mages and scholars made him nervous, for he couldn’t run his swords through magical things. Running a sword through mages sometimes solved that problem, but with this much mages and scholars around it would be difficult to determine which one was up to no good.
However, he was not looking to pick a fight with the mages this time, he was here to do business. Between the spoils of war, several books had been found. According to the Order’s Oracle they were valuable, so Nagash would sell them to the library in this bogforsaken city of mythics and other weirdo’s. They always paid good money for tomes.

As he was walking towards the Pearl Tower, the bag which contained the tomes flung casually across his shoulder, he heard thundering hoofbeats. He turned around and saw a horseman approaching at exceptional speed.

“ Seems someone’s in a bit of a hurry. “

He shrugged and walked on, keeping to the edge of the road. As the sound of the hoofbeats grew louder, more people followed his example, as the beast and its rider didn’t seem to mind running someone over. He nudged the hooded skinny scholar who walked beside him and said:

“ Do you do this a lot? Running people over between reads? “

The man cast Nagash an angry gaze and said something. Nagash grinned boyishly. By the looks of the skinny man’s gestures, it wasn’t a very pleasant retort, but it was drowned in the noise of the hoofbeats as the horse and the big troll which rode it sped by. His grin disappeared when he noticed that something was missing and made place for a look of pure horror as he saw what exactly was missing.

“ Eeek! Give it back, you big bastard! “

The troll had stolen Nagash’s fishingrod, which he had been using as a cane. He thought that tended to make him look wiser, and thus made for a good accessory to take to Verthicha. He raised his arms and drew his two swords. The bastard troll would pay for his rod-stealing crime!
Nagash looked around him and saw a noble-looking man riding a horse. He ran towards him and pushed the startled man off the horse. The troll by now had almost reached the Pearl Tower and would disappear beyond the horizon if Nagash wouldn’t act quickly now. And desperate rods call for desperate measures. As he saw a number of rather big looking men move in – probably the bodyguards of the man he just shoved off his own horse. As he kicked the horse in his flanks, he wildly slashed in the general direction of the men, who shied away from the blades. That was all Nagash needed to get away and pursue the rod stealing troll, who had disappeared among the masses. As he headed towards the tower at full speed, people were looking at him and the occasional downtrodden pedestrian in horror. With a grim, determined look on his face he rode on and rapidly approached the tower. The troll seemed to have fallen from his horse in front of two elves.

Stopping the beast close by, he jumped off the horse and moved up to the group, one sword pointed at the nearest of the elves, the other at the troll, who has still lying on his back.

“ Stand aside, yellowy one. I’m going to gut this rod stealing scum like a fat trout. “

Then a look of surprise and recognition crossed his face.

“ Topheh? What in the Nine Hells are you doing here with scarface? Matters not, while you’re here you might as well help me. Pick up my rod if you will, while I attend to the big guy there. By Barnabas’ Balls, Angelique’s Arse and Leto’s Labia, he’ll pay for stealing my rod!! “
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:27 am

Test
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:35 am

OOC: Thank you for your ‘opening’, master Porckie ;P

Even if the architecture wasn’t half bad, Nagash didn’t like the city of Verthicha much. Mages and scholars made him nervous, for he couldn’t run his swords through magical things. Running a sword through mages sometimes solved that problem, but with this much mages and scholars around it would be difficult to determine which one was up to no good.
However, he was not looking to pick a fight with the mages this time, he was here to do business. Between the spoils of war, several books had been found. According to the Order’s Oracle they were valuable, so Nagash would sell them to the library in this bogforsaken city of mythics and other weirdo’s. They always paid good money for tomes.

As he was walking towards the Pearl Tower, the bag which contained the tomes flung casually across his shoulder, he heard thundering hoofbeats. He turned around and saw a horseman approaching at exceptional speed.

“ Seems someone’s in a bit of a hurry. “

He shrugged and walked on, keeping to the edge of the road. As the sound of the hoofbeats grew louder, more people followed his example, as the beast and its rider didn’t seem to mind running someone over. He nudged the hooded skinny scholar who walked beside him and said:

“ Do you do this a lot? Running people over between reads? “

The man cast Nagash an angry gaze and said something. Nagash grinned boyishly. By the looks of the skinny man’s gestures, it wasn’t a very pleasant retort, but it was drowned in the noise of the hoofbeats as the horse and the big troll which rode it sped by. His grin disappeared when he noticed that something was missing and made place for a look of pure horror as he saw what exactly was missing.

“ Eeek! Give it back, you big bastard! “

The troll had stolen Nagash’s fishingrod, which he had been using as a cane. He thought that tended to make him look wiser, and thus made for a good accessory to take to Verthicha. He raised his arms and drew his two swords. The bastard troll would pay for his rod-stealing crime!
Nagash looked around him and saw a noble-looking man riding a horse. He ran towards him and pushed the startled man off the horse. The troll by now had almost reached the Pearl Tower and would disappear beyond the horizon if Nagash wouldn’t act quickly now. And desperate rods call for desperate measures. As he saw a number of rather big looking men move in – probably the bodyguards of the man he just shoved off his own horse. As he kicked the horse in his flanks, he wildly slashed in the general direction of the men, who shied away from the blades. That was all Nagash needed to get away and pursue the rod stealing troll, who had disappeared among the masses. As he headed towards the tower at full speed, people were looking at him and the occasional downtrodden pedestrian in horror. With a grim, determined look on his face he rode on and rapidly approached the tower. The troll seemed to have fallen from his horse in front of two elves.

Stopping the beast close by, he jumped off the horse and moved up to the group, one sword pointed at the nearest of the elves, the other at the troll, who has still lying on his back.

“ Stand aside, yellowy one. I’m going to gut this rod stealing scum like a fat trout. “

Then a look of surprise and recognition crossed his face.

“ Topheh? What in the Nine Hells are you doing here with scarface? Matters not, while you’re here you might as well help me. Pick up my rod if you will, while I attend to the big guy there. By Barnabas’ Balls, Angelique’s Arse and Leto’s Labia, he’ll pay for stealing my rod!! “
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby owly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:12 am

Owl was standing in front of the library When all the sudden a horse dragging a troll with him pass at a tremendous speed. The troll and the horse was on a collision course with two elf like creatures who was just standing there, they got tramples and the troll was holding on to a yellowish fishing rod witch was bright and shiny, when he rolled free of the terrifying beast. Owl wanted that rod, he tried to figure out if he should buy it or try to steal it he fumbled around with his money bag. Owl stood there trying to decide as he was puffing on his spiecal herbs...
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
owly
Master Knight

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm

OOC:bah.... Silverwolfe isnt an elf... just has elven facial features.. seven feet tall... Huge silver wings [think angel]... two swords crossed between them... :) Oh yeah, Right now good old Wolf man doesnt have much of a sense of humor :End OOC

Silverwolfe listened intently to his old friend Toph speak, and was about to reply when he heard a commotion coming from one off the access roads to the square they were standing in. Looking at the trouble Silverwolfe noticed a... troll of some sort on a seemingly emaciated horse charging towards the two of them at a rather breakneck speed. Somewhat closely behind it was another man, apparently chasing the troll.

Not ten feet from the two of them, the emaciated horse stopped, throwing its passenger off of its back. It was carrying a fishingrod. A small irritated smile appeared on the Icarius' lips as he watched the man that had been chasing the horse dismount and approach, drawing his weapons and speaking to Toph.

Silverwolfe's smile turned malicious as he watched Nagash. Then he had enough. Drawing his dual blades, he held the magical blades at his sides.Then he screamed, his voice seemingly shaking the foundations of the buildings around them.

"ENOUGH! " The air around the square became heavy and slightly tart as the entire area became charged with unchecked icarii magics. As the magic coalesced on Silverwolfe the tangyness dissapeared but the heavyness in the air remained. "In merely two decades of me being gone, MY city has turned into a mad house!"

His eyes set on Nagash's and he grinned. "It used to be, anyone even threatening violence in the upper two tiers of Verthicha were dealt with most harshly by the Cthyllvistha, by personal elite soldiers. However, since none of my people are here, I may have to deal with the lot of you myself. Please, do not let it come to that. I just woke up a few hours ago, and its far too early in the day to start butchering people. I am hungry, cranky and quite annoyed so I may decide that its never too early to start."

Chuckling slightly, Silverwolfe offered a slight bow. "My name is Juriel Khael Dlorian, also known as Silverwolfe. I am the King of the Icarii, and Lord of this City. Who in the hell are all of you."

Looking at the troll he saw the fishing rod. Then it hit him. "Oh. The OAFs." He looked up at Toph a bit Apologetically. "Im sorry my friend. I'll be in the tower and began searching for references in my library to the events that are happening. I have a few special books that I kept out of The Great Library for safety sake. Some are in Old Sidhe, and I unfortunately not fluent in that language, so... if you are interested, feel free to join me later. The door will be open. Also, get your friends to behave, or I may just get a little of the 'OLD' battle lust running again."

Sheathing his blades, Silverwolfe turned and began walking away as his wings unfurled and he prepared for flight.
Life isn't about making it to the grave safe, and in a well preserved body

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"
SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew

Postby Thepheonix » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm

OOC: hehe, Porckie/Burk has been thusly informed... he forgot about the wings :D

Toph was just starting to see a change come over Silverwolfe's face as the icarii slowly began to calm down from his initial blustery arrival when it seemed that all hell broke loose. A troll on a horse came thundering down the street towards the two of them, undeterred by the group of people who had begun to gather at seeing a Sidhe, an Icarii and a Drow all in the same place at the same time. When it became clear that the horse was not planning on stopping and was coming right for them, Toph dived out of the way.

This was, of course, unneccessary, leaving Toph looking like a fool while Silverwolfe did the far more 'honorable' thing by turning to face the danger head on. Toph remembered why he enjoyed keeping the Icarii around... Toph tended to think long-term better than the Icarii, who tended to be a little hot-headed... then again, Toph was more skittish than the Icarii, and could always use Silverwolfe's courage in the face of... worrisome events.

Toph pulled himself to his feet and turned around to be suddenly face to face with Nagash, who was pointing a long sharp sword in his face.

"Whoa,whoa... put that thing down!" Toph exclaimed, backing away. Thankfully Nagash recognized him, but Toph, still winded from his leap to the cobblestones, barely managed to get a word out before Silverwolfe flew off, leaving him between a demon and a troll. A brilliant position to be in, to be sure. Toph leaned down, picked up the rod, and held it out to Nagash.

"Come now... it was just an accident, Nagash... I dont think that troll is smart enough to know how valuable this rod is... lets just see what he has to say for himself."

Toph walked over to the troll and leaned down, reaching an arm out to the troll.

"Good sir, can I help you up?"
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Burk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Burk had stopped rolling and looked around him in a daze. He soon gathered that the horse had thrown him off and could see it running and whinying over the town's square. It was then that he suddenly noticed there was someone pointed a sword at his nose. That someone looked like a daemon and appeared to be babbling about divine genitalia. Burk shook his head, thinking his mind was playing tricks on him.

After some rigorous shakes, however, the sword was still, as was its owner. Burk then noticed he was surrounded by a group of people, all of whom appeared to be more interested in the fishing rod than the fact that a horse with a golden hue had nearly trampled them.
"These be odd people" , Burk thought, "perhaps see demonic horses on daily basis?"

"ENOUGH!"

Burk was stunned as one of the crowd raised his voice. He stared at the one who called himself Silverwolfe: he had heard about those winged elves, the Icarii, before, but he had never seen one, let alone one so muscled and, to his surprise, this one was less green than he expected. Just as Burk was about to answer the winged one's question, when the people arround him, once more, turned their eyes on the fishingrod he was holding. Burk's eyes trailed off to the apparatus, which was awkwardly moist and shiny. So moist in fact, that Burk suddenly felt the need to throw it away. He dropped the rod and, as he looked up again, he saw Silverwolfe flapping its wings and moving away.

"Come now... it was just an accident, Nagash... I dont think that troll is smart enough to know how valuable this rod is... lets just see what he has to say for himself."

Another elflike creature, a slightly yellowish one, raised his voice. Burk blinked and, presently, the daemon's sword was replaced by a helpful arm.

"Good sir, can I help you up?"

"Thank, but no thank."

Burk snorted and raised himself to his feet and looked at the yellowy being and the daemon. He brushed the dust off of his butcher's apron and felt along his belt to see if his butcher's knife had not fallen off during his hellish horseride. In one fluid move, he grabbed the butcher's knife and raised it to Nagash's face.

"Burk has not been dragged along for days and nights by golden demonic horse with strange patterns, to have puny daemon-sword pointed at nose! Burk has served in many armies, Burk have honour! Besides, rod is wet and fish taste like kaka. Burk no want your rod, anyways."
Burk
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 am

Why did it always come to this when Nagash found himself surrounded by mages? Toph was the one mage he actually got along with. All the others were untrustworthy, cowardly gits for as far as Nagash was concerned.

He therefore was quite unimpressed when the winged elf drew his blades and yelled at them. If someone stole his rod, Nagash would not be deterred by a group of soldiers who sounded like a sneeze. He stepped in and was about to attack Burk as he heard words he had heard quite a few times before, though usually in the bedroom.

"Whoa,whoa... put that thing down!"

He relaxed, and calmly listened to Juriel’s introduction. He lowered his blades and picked up his rod as Toph helped Burk to his feet. It seemed there wouldn’t be a fight after all.

“Greetings, Juriel. I am Nagash of the Order of the Almighty Fishingrods, and Prophet of the Holy Swaffle. I came here in peace, to trade some tomes, when his oaf here stole my rod. And when my rod is in peril, no guard with a name which is impossible to pronounce for anyone who doesn’t speak Seraphim, will stand in my way. However, it seems that the need for a fight has passed. I have my rod back, and am willing to let the troll walk unpunished this time.”

As he spoke those last words, he found himself staring at a butcher’s knife. The troll apparently was insulted and babbled something about a golden demonic horse. It struck him that his preoccupation with retrieving his rod had until then kept him from really noticing that this horse did look very peculiar. And on top of that it moved at exceptional speed. The matter of the horse would have to wait a little big longer though, as a butcher’s knife pointed at one’s face was difficult to ignore.
Nagash jumped backwards and raised his blades again.

“Have at thee then, tall thieving troll! My nimble blades shall best your big chopper!”
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Thepheonix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Toph quickly stepped back as the demon and troll started to battle, making sure to pick up Nagash's prized fishing rod and place it safely out of danger. With the amount of care Nagash gave the thing, Toph worried that his heart would stop if someone were to accidentally snap it in half while fighting, say... a troll twice his own size. Finding a nice doorway, Toph propped the rod up, and then went to look at the curious horse, which had stopped and was currently standing fairly placidly in the middle of the square. As Toph got closer, he noticed the fine patterns that were present within the horse's coat. Facinatingly, they seemed to almost... Toph blinked and stared again. The horse's flank clearly showed a map of the northern half of Tonan, with a spot of dark red hair growing pinpoint-specific from a certain region to the north of the city, the same region where the book had indicated he should look for answers.

Toph came forward to grab hold of the horse, but as he neared it, it bolted towards the library! Toph shouted after it and began running to attempt to catch it, but before he could do much of anything, the horse burst through the doors of the library, heading straight for that Drow from before and Felghast. Toph froze, looking behind him to the swordplay going on between Burk and Nagash and in front of him to the horse bearing down on the unsuspecting strangers he had just met. Today was not going well.
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Wrax » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 am

Drip. Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop. Drip.

Wrax opens his eyes to darkness. He glances out the window of his hut to see ominous clouds and the forest's foliage blocking the moon, but he can feel its baleful glare. The big man stretches and considers rolling from his pallet when a drop of warmth splashes upon his brow. Wrax sits up and surveys the thatch overhead. He doesn’t see the leak, but as he searches the drop rolls down his face and across his lips. It tastes of copper.

The warrior rises quickly. His armor rests on a stand in the corner. His viridian eyes pass quickly over the white ceremonial plate. There is no sound of battle, so the muscular templar decides quiet work was more in order. He slides his feet into a soft-soled set of leather sandals that lay at the foot of his bed and reaches into an oaken chest against the near wall. He slides into the dull dark-gray breeches that he finds there, hopping first on one leg and then the other. He remains silent and perfectly balanced throughout. Wrax turns to face the rear wall and contemplates the gleaming double-sided axe that sits cradled upon the brackets there. He considers it for a moment and grabs the well-used blade beneath it instead.

Armed, the warrior exits his abode. Rain falls from the sky and patters down upon his dreadlocked hair and bare chest. Pools gather on the hard packed earth. In the meager starlight, the liquid appears crimson. Confused the wheels of his mind slowly grind, until the stench of the now congealing fluid reaches his nostrils. Blood. The cackling of ravens breaks the monk’s reverie.

A coven of the dread messengers perch upon the ledges of the temple hidden in the great forest’s depths. Streaks of red gore coat the white marble temple’s walls. A sense of foreboding worms its way inside Wrax as he approaches a set of massive double doors. With a slight flex of his massive shoulders, he pushes the barriers open. A cold weight settles upon his gut as he surveys the empty halls. Where is everyone? Monks should be about their sundry tasks even at this early hour.

The warrior pushes further through the temple. He heads for the sanctuary and the holy flames that ever burn. He holds out hope that he might find another living soul there, but that hope grows cold in the darkness when he reaches that sanctum. The ashes lay cold. Evil stirs.

Sunlight pours through the window, and Wrax stirs awake after his dream. He looks around his home and, finding nothing amiss, struggles to shake the chill from his bones. He clothes himself in his breeches and a shirt and covers them in an earthy-shaded cloak. He trudges to the far side of the hut and uncovers the large urn of water there. A sigh escapes his lips as it pours clear and cool into the basin at its side. He hadn’t realized he’d been holding his breath, but the dream was all too fresh. He starts to splash the water on his brow when a scrabbling at the door draws his attention.

He strides over to the door and swiftly pulls it open. A flurry of flapping and a shadow takes to the air.

*CAW* *CAW*

The startled raven glares at Wrax from a nearby branch. Unease crawls beneath the warrior’s skin as this coincidence after the last night’s vision seems all to surreal.

*CAW* *CAW*

The raven jerks its head as if in a gesture to follow.

“Well, hold on now,” Wrax grumbles in a deep basso voice, and heads back inside to pack. Who knew where this would lead?

He quickly gathers up his gear. A cuirass of studded leather armor with matching bracers, greaves, and leggings comes out from the chest. The ax comes down from its spot on the wall and is strapped to the growing bundle. Wrax rummages about another urn and quickly produces a few days worth of trail rations which join the rest. A bow with a dozen quivered arrows appears from a corner’s shadows, and he belts the sword to his waist to complete the ensemble. He contemplates leaving a note, but if the priests and Father hadn’t gotten used to his wandering by now they never would.

The raven takes to the sky as Wrax steps out into the early morning air. Time to see where this goes. Something’s not right. The warrior steps out after his avian omen.

*CAAAWWW*
(X)Wrax(X)
Morituri Te Salutamus
Death Comes For Us All.
Wrax
Stablehand

Postby Burk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Burk wiped his apron and snorted loudly.

"Stand still. Daemon!"

Burk looked down on the daemon who jumped to and fro in front of his legs, waving its two blades as if they were the horns of two uniquely horny unicorns. The troll hacked at the daemon with his butcherknife, but it was to no avail. He penetrated thin air, slash dust, hit a passing butterfly, but he could not get a cut out of his jumpy foe.

"Stop your jumpy-jumpy! Burk kill you!"

The troll grappled at Nagash and somehow managed to get a hold of the daemon's belt. Burk smirked and, pulling ferociously, wheeled in Nagash's buckle so fast, that the daemon spun through the air. Nagash swirled rapidly, turning and turning, untill finally he fell down some three yards further back.

"Get up. Burk make sausage out of you!"

The daemon quickly regained his footing, flicked his blades and approached the troll with a vengeful smile on his face. And then his trousers fell down.

"Hm. Make that two sausages."

The troll had no time to enjoy his little joke, as the daemon leapt at him with renewed strength and, a very distracting choice of underwear.
Burk
Stablehand

Postby Shifty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:44 pm

He sat in utter darkness.

The only sound to be heard was his raspy breathing and the distant echo of dripping water. Then a low gurgle oozed from his lips like pus from an infected wound.

"Hrrr hrrrr hrrrrrr..."

He grasped the long, brown stained finger nail of his left index finger and pulled. It popped free with a sickening slurp-like sound and he gurgled again.

"Hrrr hrrr hrrrrr..."

He slowly raised this filthy, disgusting, oozing object to his lips, it stank like a maggot infested corpse left rotting in the sun.

He slid it into his mouth.

There was a slight crunching noise as he bit down on it and chewed slowly, reveling in the flavor. The next nail he tore peeled a good section of his middle finger off with it.

The ecstasy was almost too much to stand, his eyes rolled up into his head and he shuddered with pleasure.

"Ahhh, the simple pleasures of death," he thought. "Oh how I miss them."

Crunch...
Shifty
Peasant

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:14 am

It was quite easy to avoid the troll’s wild slashes with the butcher knife. Nagash was much more flexible and nimble than the big burly Burk and as he danced around the troll he was thinking of an artistic way to end the fight. The troll simply continued hacking and slashing the air and hitting naught but air. However, he was taken by surprise when the Burk suddenly lunged at him and got a hold of his belt. Before he knew it, he was sent flying through the air before painfully colliding with the pavement.

Not too eager to wait for the troll’s knife, he quickly rolled over and regained his footing. The artistic approach would have to wait until another foe came. This butcher would be butchered the blunt way. He adjusted the grip on his swords and approached the troll, only to almost trip over his own pants which had fallen down to his ankles as it wasn’t held in place by his belt anymore. He angrily kicked the pants away and with a ferocious roar he leapt at the troll.

“Die, you rod stealing T-bone steak!”

Apparently surprise was on his side now, for his next attacks hit home. The tenacious troll’s apron was cut loose and Burk now stood bare-chested with a look of surprise on his face. Nagash seized the opportunity his momentum provided, adjusted his flashy underwear, and viciously slashed away at Burk’s curly chest. “Something to remember me by”, he mused as he stepped back: three large bloody slashes formed the letter ‘N’ on the troll’s chest. As he contemplated carving the rest of his name on the troll’s chest as well and using his back for a catchy phrase, a movement caught his eye.

“Angelique’s tits! That must be that Silverwolfe's Sneezing Squad! Our fight will have to wait, trollman. We have some guards to dispatch together, lest we rot away in some prison cell.”
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Burk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:34 pm

The daemon had moved fast and, before Burk knew what had happened, his apron lay on the floor and he felt a sharp pain across his chest.

"Something to remember me by"

Burk raised his eyebrows and looked down. Apparently, his foe had tried to make some sort of pattern on his chest. Being quite the analphabetic, its significance was lost on the troll.

"Hah! You bad artist! These marking no look like you! YET!"

Just as Burk was about to lurge at the daemon's throat, he heard a stern voice behind him.

"Halt! We are the Cthyllvistha, lay down your weapons and come quietly."

Burk frowned and turned around. Three men had arrived on the square, clad in shiny armour. Fear could be read from their faces and they all seemed to have difficulty at keeping their long pikes from quivering. Could these be the elite soldiers the winged one had been talking about? They certainly did not look elite to Burk! The stories he heard about the worn out state the city of Verticha was in these days were true...

The troll exchanged glances with the daemon and smiled as the two of them suddenly attacked the cityguards.
Burk
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 pm

The horse came dangerously close to trampling the Drow and wizard, but then suddenly and without warning bucked into the air and came to a stop mere inches from the Drow. Toph breathed a sigh of relief that more blood was not about to be spilled needlessly in the library and walked forward to calm the animal. As he got closer, his eyes got lost again among the markings on the beast, and he noticed a small trim that appeared to be... Words? In Sidhe?

"The city of the Sidhe's Bane shall be first on the Path of his Deadly Return."

Sidhe's Bane? It had been a while since Toph had heard that phrase. It typically was used to mean the Icarii, those who had led to the downfall of his race. The words could only mean... here. Silverwolfe needed to be warned! Toph looked at the Drow and said [color]"Keep an eye on this for me, would you? I will return shortly"[/color] Toph turned and headed for the door, and stopped when he saw what was happening in the street.

What was happening was that the Troll, Burk was it? and Nagash had happily decided to put their own differences aside and were now advancing on... The expression on Toph's face wavered back and forth between delight and horror. It was a band of human soldiers dressed in the regalia of the Icarii Cthyllvistha, and it looked absolutely ridiculous. The armor was too big, the wing-gaps were left bare, the helmets... Toph fought to keep a fit of laughter down... the helmets were, well... it made the soldiers look like had giant noses for heads. Toph had never really noticed how the ceremonial helmets looked like a nose if the head inside was too small, but... oh my. No wonder Nagash, the ever-impertinent, had called them the 'Sneezing Squad'! Clearly, Silverwolfe's steward had done what stewards do best... keep things running just as their lords had left them. Then again, they looked moderatly competent, and Toph was fairly certain that Silverwolfe wouldnt want his men killed...

No Good, No Good. Toph waved his hands and a sheet of fire rippled down the center of the court, separating the combatants before they could start actually hurting one another. He ran over to Burk and Nagash and shoved them towards the library.

"Get inside, you idiots. And put your clothes on. Burk, you have some questions to answer. Nagash, go pick up the rod and get inside, too."

Toph waited a moment for them to go, then created a small hole in the wall of flames and stepped through to talk to the captain of the Cthyllvistha.

"Good Captain, Hail. I am Toph of the Sidhe, friend to your lord Silverwolfe, and I need you to bring a message to him. Tell him that I must see him at ONCE here at the library. His city is in danger."

The man blinked out at him from within his very oversized helmet.

"But... Silverwolfe is dead! I shall go tell the steward."

"Silverwolfe was not dead, merely sleeping. He lives once more, and I pray that soon he will regain his full strength and summon his brethren back to the city. I fear we will need all the help we can get."

The captain stared in disbelief and then slowly nodded.

"I will relay your message, Lord Sidhe."

Upon the man's signal, the Cthyllvistha turned and began making their way back towards the tower. Hopefully Silverwolfe would join them soon. Toph turned and walked back towards the library, letting the wall of flames fall as he did... Burk and Nagash had better be inside!
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:37 am

Apon returning to the Tower, Silverwolfe immediately went to his chambers. There, he found his personal battle raiment still sitting on its armor stand. Smiling, he approached it, examining the Icharii rune work etched into every inch of the armor. Finding a particular set of runes, he stroked them, letting a small bit of magic flow out into the armor. Almost immediately the armor disassembled itself and began to circle Silverwolfe in the air. Then piece by piece the armor attached itself to the Icharii king.

Turning to a mirror, Silverwolfe grinned at the familiar sight. Most of the older people in the city would recognize him for who he was now, as the Mythril Plate didn't only serve as protection in battle, but was the symbol of his bloodline. The crest of his family was emblazoned on the pauldrons, and in the middle of the chest plate. Picking up the Icharii war blade next to it he ran his fingers over its edge, and saw that it was as sharp and as bright as the day he had forged it. Twisting the hilt, he split it into two separate swords and placed them in the grooves built into the armor, holding them crossed between his wings.

Strapping the sheaths to his blade, Pandemonium on his hips, he picked up his winged helm. Walking to the open shaft that ran from the ground level all the way to the top of the tower, he leapt out and glided down to the bottom level. Turning to go into his personal library he was stopped by a startled exclamation.

"My... Mi'lord Juriel!!! You live!"

Slightly irritated, Silverwolfe turned to face his antagonizer, and immediately broke out laughing. It was a human adorned in the armor of the Cthyllvistha. The poor guard immediately turned beet red, and began readjusting his overly too large armor. Settling down a bit, Silverwolfe shook his head and addressed the man.

"Yes, I live. What do you want, and why in all thats holy are you dressed in the armor of the Cthyllvistha?"

The guard instantly snapped to attention and spoke. "Mi'lord, I am dressed in this armor by order of the steward. The Cthyllvistha are a symbol of this city and after the Icharii left, he believed they should still be represented." He seemed to stop to think for a bit, and continued. "I was witness to a battle being fought in the main plaza on the third level of the city. Two of my men and I went to stop the fight when Toph of the Sidhe intervened. He said that he must see you at once in the library. He said the city is in danger."

Shaking his head, Silverwolfe let out a low chuckle. "Allright then. Thank you for bringing me this message, captain. I will go to him now. I need you to do something for me though. Go and find the steward, berate him for making you use an armor made for another race, an armor that inhibits the movements and reaction time of any human who would use it. And tell him that I said to find every human Cthyllvisthier, and adorn them in the armor and weaponry of the city guard."

The guard looked relieved to finally be... well relieved of the bulky armor, saluted and ran off to follow Silverwolfe's orders. Walking to the main doors of the lower level of the keep, a very recent addition to the tower, for the initial build the interior of the tower was only accessible by flight and exited the building.

Unfurling his wings, Silverwolfe leaped into the air and silently thanked the gods for giving him the wisdom to fashion his armor out of Mythril, an almost weightless but nigh indestructible metal. Flying to the Library, he landed at the entrance, and walked in. Seeing Toph, he approached him. "I apologize for my attitute earlier... The weight of whats happening was still sinking in. What is wrong my friend? Why is Verthicha in danger?
Life isn't about making it to the grave safe, and in a well preserved body

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"
SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew

Postby Thepheonix » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:31 am

Finally everyone involved in their little adventure: Toph, Silverwolfe, Nagash, Burk, the Drow Shifty and Felghast and the curious horse were gathered inside the library. Silverwolfe was the last to arrive, looking somewhat concerned over why Toph had summoned him back to a place he had so recently left.

"Ah, thats much better, Silverwolfe. You look much more at home in that armor than those Cthyllvistha that were here earlier."

Toph leaned over to the Icharii and whispered "Please tell me you told them to take that armor off... most embarrassing thing I've seen in the past decade or so."

Toph pulled back and continued: "Take a look at this, Silverwolfe... This horse has fine Sidhe writing dyed into its very coat! No, no... not there" Toph pointed to the start of the writing, "Here. The city of the Sidhe's Bane shall be the first on the Path of his Deadly Return. This is just the latest in a series of odd events over the past week or so, culminating in this and in one of your librarians stabbed to death in broad daylight while reading a book on well, some sort of bad omen."

Seeing a few quizzical looks from those around him, Toph elaborated on the odd things he had been witness to. Then, he continued.

"One thing that has been corroborated multiple times is the location where this force, evil, power, what-have-you is coming from... The north. I suspect specifically... here." Toph leaned over and pointed to the white spot on the horse's flank. "you'll notice this horse has a rather accurate map of this part of Tonan on it, and what with the message from the book and the writing on the horse, I for one would like to head north into the blighted lands to see what might be stirring up there. Would anyone like to come with me?"

Toph looked around at those gathered, thinking silently to himself that 'Its dangerous and strange and omen-ful' might not be the best sales pitch ever made... hopefully someone else would help him out... if he had managed to convince anyone at all.
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Maligant » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Crunch...

crunch...

crunch..

Maligant had run out fingernails, yet he still hungered. Fingernails were a poor substitute for what he really craved. His was a hunger that did not come from a grumbling belly, but from the depths of a depraved soul that had been denied the ecstasy obtained only from the pain of others. By now even the tales told by worrisome mothers attempting to keep their children in line did not include his name. For uncountable ages he had been trapped in this hole.

He closed his eyes and thought back to the last time he saw another living, or unliving creature larger than a worm...

"Quiet, all of you!" a large well built and well spoken man bellowed into the mass of humanity that had gathered in the open square. They were all here for one reason, to witness what fate lay for this evil creature that had tormented them all for generations.

"You have been allowed to witness this trial against some of our wishes, do not make me regret the arguments I made in your favor!"

At these words the crowds screaming slowed, soon even the whisperers were shushed.

"Bring out the accused, we have reached our decision," another man, this one old and wisened announced.

He was caged. Thick iron bars with no door surrounded him. The caged had been built around him in such a way that there could be no breaking out unless one had access to a couple of blacksmiths and a lot of time. Inside the cage he was shackled with thick iron chains, hands to feet, feet to floor, hands to wall and a chain around his waist further secured him to the back of the cage. The shackles were brutally tight, it would surely have stopped the circulation of blood - if he had any blood to circulate! He was also hooded, and underneath his hood he was blindfolded.

He could hear just fine. He could also smell. Even chained as he was the people were terrified, he could smell it and he drank the fear in as though it were a bottle of fine scotch.

"ANIMAL!" jeers from the from the crowd began. "Murderer!" "Scoundrel!"

A lone tomato emerged from the gathering and arced toward the cage. The crowd cheered as is grew closer to it's intended target. It reached it's high point and began to descend towards Maligant. Closer, closer, people stiffened in expectation as it passed through the bars but then, at the last possible moment he reached out and snatched it from the air.

The crowd was silenced instantly.

"Fools," he croaked and his hooded head turned in the direction that the tomato came, he seemed to look straight at the man. "When I return your family will be the first I visit!" At this he squeezed the tomato in his hand and it burst into a gore-like shower. A low chuckle eminated from beneath the hood and he turned his attention to the gathered Lords, again it seemed as though the hood was not even on his head.

"What inconvenience do your lordships offer me, by now you know I cannot be killed by your puny weapons, just how long do you think you can hold me???"

Pointedly ignoring the beast the older man addressed the gathered nobles, not the crowd. "For his many heinous crimes and unspeakable acts we have decided that Maligant shall be left deep within the abandoned lead mines and buried there. Take him and his cage into the depths and leave him there. Fill the mines with large stones and earth for the entire 5 miles to the entrance. Let him rot there for eternity!"

The crowd screamed its approval. Surely the world will have seen the last of this horror!

Little did they know, he now thought.

He then turned his attention to his toenails, the one on his big toe would not come loose. He picked up a nearby rock and began bashing his toe to loosen it...
Maligant
Stablehand

Postby Burk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:07 pm

"Oo hot, hot, hot!"

Burk sucked his hand as Toph pushed him and Nagash into the library. The troll was somewhat confused. One moment he and the daemon were about to lurge at the city guards and next a great big wall of fire appeared out of nowhere, separating the duo from the little tin men and scorching some of Burk's fingers.

"Must be nasty daemon's trick. Silly rod-man."

The troll was about to throw Nagash a scornful look but was interupted by the winged entrance of Silverwolfe and the fact that he noticed the daemonic horse appeared to have taken an interest in books, rather than carrying lumpy trolls around at a rampant speech. Much to his surprise, the horse was as meek as when he purchased it and the yellowy elflike creature began reading the horse...

The sidhe then began a longwinded story and Burk continued to suckle his hand...

"One thing that has been corroborated multiple times is the location where this force, evil, power, what-have-you is coming from... The north. I suspect specifically... here. You'll notice this horse has a rather accurate map of this part of Tonan on it, and what with the message from the book and the writing on the horse, I for one would like to head north into the blighted lands to see what might be stirring up there. Would anyone like to come with me?"

Toph had spoken and, for a while, everyone in the room remained silent. Burk, still with his hand stuffed in his mouth, looked around the room and wiggled his eyebrows as he saw the hesitant look in Nagash's eyes. Then he stepped forward and laid his hand on Toph's shoulder.

"Ah! Burk not understand what yellowy person say, but Burk know: evil is no good! We go North and kill evil, yes!? "

The troll then pointed at the daemon and smirked.

"Or maybe some of you be chicken?"

Just as Burk was about to burst out in laughter, he noticed a big wet stain on the sidhe's tunic. He lowered his head to Toph's ear and started whispering.

"Uh-oh. Burk do boo-boo. Troll-drool stain should wash out with timbleweed."
Burk
Stablehand

Postby Thepheonix » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 pm

OOC: Feel free, of course, to find yourself NOT coming along for the ride ;)

Toph glanced down and saw the stain on his tunic and glared at Burk and his helpful advice.

"Gee... thanks, Burk... Toph muttered, casting a cantrip to clean off his tunic.

"Well, for all his lack of social graces...", Toph flashed a quick smile at Burk, "Our Troll friend here has the right idea. It would appear that the source of all these strange events is coming from the north, and we should investigate."

Toph looked around at the assembled group and back at the map on the horse.

"I think that I should be able to get us there quickly using my Art. If you are interested in coming along, please join hands with me and we'll get going momentarially."

Toph waited until everyone was ready, then concentrated, calling up magic from deep within himself. Around the travellers, the room slowly lost focus and faded to darkness, and then... they were off.

Immediatly, Toph realized that something was wrong. There was a slight breeze blowing as they travelled... something which Toph had never experienced before in this between-places space... as the seconds passed, the breeze increased in intensity, and Toph could feel their progress slow. Eventually, their progress stopped, the wind roaring around them.

"Nobody let go!" Toph shouted to his companions.

"Did you really think it would be so easy, Sidhe Mage?" A voice whispered in the darkness.

Toph looked around, trying to find the source of the voice, but only saw blackness.

"What are you doing, mageling? You know as well as I that physical presence is not necessary here..."

Inches from Toph's face, another face flashed in and out of sight, causing Toph to shout in surprise. Only the firm grips of his companions kept him from letting go of all of them.

"Ah, ah... the voice admonished. "you wouldnt want to do that..."

"Who are you?" Toph shouted out towards the voice.

"Now that would be telling... and like letting you teleport directly into my home, would take all the fun out of this little adventure you're having, now wouldnt it."

Suddenly, the voice turned into a roar.

"Thats right. Come after me, Mage. I have crushed Sidhe of greater power than you. I have broken all of your ancestors, and I am returning and None of you will be able to stand. So come for me, if you can."

Toph suddenly felt the winds shift and increase in force, shoving them towards some unknown direction.

"Oh, and say hello to Malignant when he finds you... he likes to know the names of those he... eats." the voice whispered in parting...

Suddenly, the world snapped back into focus... Toph had barely a moment to react before dropping into the swampwater where they had appeared. Coughing and spluttering, he clawed his way up to the surface and began making his way to the nearest spot of dry land...
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Burk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 pm

"I think that I should be able to get us there quickly using my Art. If you are interested in coming along, please join hands with me and we'll get going momentarially."

The troll blinked. Did the Sidhe really say he would use his art?

"Does you mean magic?"

Burk's knowledge of magic was limited: for all he knew enchantments fitted in either of two types: the lightningbolts he had encountered in his military carreer and the rabbit-out-of-the-hat-tricks that he remembered from his childhood. He looked at the srawny, yellowy figure next to him and, after deciding that the Sidhe's powers must have belonged to the latter category, grabbed Toph's right hand.

He looked at the assembled party around him and saw hesitation on thier faces. The daemon called Nagash cast a peculiarly reluctant look at the mage, distrustful almost. Burk grinned mischievously and clutched the daemon by his tunic.

"We ready!"

With that, the Sidhe began to mumble a bit and Burk struggled to keep Nagash from running away. As the room around them darkened, Burk's enthusiasm grew.

"YAY! Here come the rabbits!!!"

The Sidhe continued his mumbling, the troll jeered and the daemon wimpered, trying to get away from Burk's grip. Rather than rabbits, darkness came and after the darkness...

*FLATS*

...wetness. Surrounding wetness and a familiar smell.

"Yellowy person pull nasty trick!"

The troll flailed his arms about wildly, trying to keep afloat as he took in his surroundings. Gone was the library, the bookcases had been replaced with marshes and the red carpert had changed into a murky brown. In the corner of his eye, Burk saw something yellowy move towards the shore, some fifty yards away. Paddling helplessly, Burk tried to join Toph on what appeared to be dry land.

"Help, help! Burk can't swim!"

It was only after he had shouted it out, that the implication of his words 'sank in'. To keep himself from doing the same, Burk helplessly flumped around, trying to keep his head above the swamp. It was then that he saw Nagash's head pop up above the waterline.

"Burk saved!"

Only a few seconds after the daemon's head had emerged, it submerged again as the troll managed to swing his legs around Nagash's head, seating himself comfortably on the daemon's shoulders. Burk, feeling safe with his head well above the waterline, looked around him, when suddenly...

*PLOP*

A few inches away from them, something emerged from the water....
*PLOP*

Only inches away, another something popped up, followed by two other items. Burk wiggled his eyebrows and tried to grab one of the plopping items. As he pulled it free from the mucky swamp, he recognised the item as a book, drenched in slime, with mud dripping from its pages.

"Teehee. This look like Burk's toiletpaper!"
Burk
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 am

When Toph announced that he’d use his ‘art’ in order to get them there quickly, Nagash knew that something unpleasant was going to come down on him if he would not step back quickly but stealthily, lest someone notice and stop him in his tracks.

Teleportation had its uses, but his yellowy friend had a tendency of making them appear in the most unpleasant places. In the past, they had suddenly appeared in exceptionally cold mountain lakes, in the middle of a battlefield (sometimes even between charging armies, urging Toph to zap them someplace else quickly), or in a hornet’s nest. The time they had appeared in the midst of an orgy of cannibalistic sodomites was the one Nagash remembered with the most dread though. Every time he thought of that, he unconsciously rubbed the scars on his arm where he was bitten by a rabid, yet well-endowed, munchkin. That munchkin’s brother was the reason he had even more unpleasant memories of that occasion. His rear end in particular.

As of that day, Nagash had decided that he preferred to walk. It might take him quite a bit longer, but at least he was spared the horrors of Toph’s art. He also suggested that Toph pursue different arts. Sculpting for example. Yet the yellowy Sidhe refused that, quite unsurprisingly as most Sidhe loathed manual work.

It seemed that Burk also had his way of mucking things up for Nagash, for as the daemon was stepping back he was grabbed by his tunic by the enthousiastic troll, who thought that Toph was going to pull rabbits out of a hat. He tried to struggle from the trollish grasp, but could not free himself. And Toph’s characteristic mumbling had already started so time was running out. Then the darkness came, accompanied by an unpleasantly warm wetness and smelly stickiness.

A swamp. Of all places, Toph had managed to land them somewhere in a swamp. A bloody swamp. He looked around just in time to see Burk’s legs approaching his head rather fast. Being pushed underwater, he cursed inwardly and fumbled for one of his daggers. As he felt the hilt, he used his other hand to determine where the troll’s buttocks were. He felt one somewhere behind his head, reached backward and stabbed it. The pressure was relieved, and Nagash could surface again. He swiftly put the dagger back in its place so he could blame a swamp creature. Not caring where Burk was now he swam to the surface and shook the rotting plants from his head. He then turned to Toph, furiously.
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Thepheonix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:39 am

Toph had made the shoreline... or at least what passed for a 'shoreline' in a swamp... and was sitting down trying to collect his thoughts. It had been a long time since Toph had run into another individual whose magical power was his equal... or, in the case of that presence... Toph decided to call it Xzz. In the case of Xzz, Toph felt magically dwarfed... it had taken all of his art to get his party to land here in the swamp as opposed to the mountain peaks to the west where Xzz had been trying to drop them. Azrael and Lyssia had had powers more on the order of what he had felt, but unless Lossandrea had taken over Lyssia's body, hidden away for all these years since Maxim's destruction and only now decided to reveal herself... Toph didnt think either of them were involved. So it had to be either a new... or more likely forgotten player located in the desert... where, Toph noted grimly, they were not.

Instead, they were here. Toph looked around... nothing but waterlogged trees and muck for as far as the eye could see. Well, aside from the other members of his party... Toph could see Burk and Nagash struggling towards shore... the latter looking none too pleased with the situation. There were a few books from the library floating in the scum as well, likely dragged into the teleportation spell by Xzz's hasty rerouting. Across the lake, Toph could see a few other people pulling themselves out of the water.

As Nagash made the last few strides and stood on dry land, Toph raised his hands and said pleadingly to his friend,

"Hey, hey! Not my fault. I got overpowered by... someone. No, I dont know his name... I'm calling him Xzz. I didnt just mess up with my arithmetic... I havent made that sort of mistake since... err..." Toph knew that raising the issue of the cannabalistic sodimites was NOT the best move at this point... "Well, since a long time ago. This was someone else, I swear."

Toph starting edging backwards, and had gone a few steps before he tripped over a root and fell on his back in a convenient puddle. Brilliant. Now he was wet again.
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 am

"Not your fault? Not your fault?!? This always happens when you teleport us! How many times do I have to tell you that I prefer to walk?"

Nagash was towering over and pointing at Toph now, as the latter had tripped over a root.
He then took a deep breath and calmed down.

"Oh well, at least we didn't get bitten or violated this time. Let's fish our bulky friend there from the water, shall we?"
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Burk » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:48 pm

"Something bite Burk in butt!"

Burk had felt rather save on the daemon's shoulders, when, out of the blue, something or someone punctured his bottom. The pain was excruciating enough to have the troll lurch into the air.

*SPLASH*

As he landed, the daemon had swam away, much to the troll's distress. Frantically kickking and hitting the swamp around him, the troll managed to reach the shore. Burk shook the mud from his body and started to feel around his buttocks to find any signs of damage.

"Burk has buttbleed!"

As he retracted his hand, the first thing he noted were his bloodsmothered fingers. Burk remembered the last time he had felt something enter his backside: it was when he was taken hostage by the lobsided leathery lobster levy, who took a particular interest in his sacrum.

The troll sniffed his fingers and remembered an old Trollic charm against buttbleeds:

"Booky, boona, wakka woo and alas
Ooooo...looky what come to pass:
Here I thought I save be and was,
but now somedoodlywah bit me in ass,
No pain there be that this can surpass,
So I gonna rub my butt with grass!"

With that, Burk undressed his buttocks, squatted down on the floor and, while rubbing his bottom on the grass, made nine full circles. The troll stood up again, covvered his netheregions with his apron and finished his ritual.

"Tippiywong, butt is rubbed with weed
Tippydong, have almost finished deed,
Tippynong, one thing I need,
Tippyrong cover my butt with reeed!"

Prancing about like a pregnant ostrich, Burk danced towards the side of the river and, bending down, clenched some reed-plants and tried to pull them out of the swamp. The reed-plants resisted somewhat, though, and for sure, Burk was not able to pull the plants out by himself: surely whatever had bit him in the buttocks, had cursed him!

"Quickeee! Help Burk! Need to finish ritual, or else Burk doomed!"

Thankfully, Burk soon felt two helping hands pulling along with him. With a loud *PLOP* the reed-plants finally let go...

"Ehm...someone want horse?"

Burk rubbed his forehead and looked at the horse-shape mass that was now dangling by its reed-like tail in the right hand of the troll.
Burk
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Within the Empire