There is a darkness so deep that is encompasses all and there is a night which never ends. There is a pain that extends beyond the grave and there is a hatred which death cannot dispel. I know these things... for that is where I live. It is where I have lived for ages so long I can not remember.
I have tasted a betrayal so great that it has changed me. I am no longer what I was. When I was banished here I was chivalrous warrior, sold out by love. I am now one with my own hatred. My love, my weakness, betrayed me to my enemies. They bound me and sealed me to this prison where I could neither live nor die. There is no hope of escape... unless.
Overcome with madness I return to the hole I have spent ages digging into the wall of this my dark, empty palace. A realm ruled only by myself as my own prisoner. It started slowly enough digging my fingers bare, nails falling off flesh exposed, and blood flowing. Yet as I stop away from the wall my flesh mends leaving me to suffer longer. No exit, and no hope of dying.
There was no way out.
Or so you thought.
But then we're here talking aren't we? Well, I'm talking and you're listening. It's difficult to speak when your tongue has been burned form your mouth. It's hard to see when I've removed your eyes with a spoon. Isn't it?
You see you don't know me but you will remember me. You will remember my voice for the rest of your pathetic life. And you will suffer to know that I have been summoned by a force far more terrifying than myself. Your ancestors thought that they would be rid of me all those ages ago. Did they ever tell you of me? Do you remember my name? Because I don't.
I grabbed the suffering prince to his feet by his long black locks. The blood was dripping from his chin. I looked into the sockets where his eyes once were. I imagined what it had felt like to have pity as I looked into the black orbs. When it came to mercy, I was fresh out. I took the rune from the leather pouch which hung at my side and placed it in his hand.
You will take this and make sure it is seen by everyone who sees your pathetic face.
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me? I screamed again.
The figure before me moaned and gargled his acknowledgment. I smiled. Turning my gaze to the black cloaked figures at my side. Place him on this horse and see that he finds his way to the nearest town. I will make haste to meet my new master. If, in fact I can find him.
