Page 1 of 5

Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:40 pm
by Porckie
...to our main problem: the lack of a decent playerbase.

We at OAFS have been discussing this problem a bit and, after 1 of us said there were no solutions to the problem, the others retorted and came up with not 1, but 10 solutions:

1. Everyone who is in the game now does not leave it.
2. Everyone who is in the game now recruits at least one person to the game.
3. All the comments and bash people make a kingdom, so as to give their comments-area a reason for being there.
(We have even thought of a guild name for you: Convention Of Mindboggling, Mildly Erotic 'N Terrific Superstars (COMMENTS))
4. All guilds look at their archives and contact old members, trying to make them return to the game.
5. The Admin should install a pop-up thingy for people who visit TB after having been absent for three months; this pop-up should suggest them to return to the game.
6. We try to get a proper ranking for MPOGD, to lure new players.
7. Decae returns and uses the forum-user-database to send recruitment e-mail to a shitload of explayers.
8. Decae returns and announces a 'relaunch', with the neat new pictures of the no-pupilled Barnabas, etc.
9. Revive the RP-part of this game. Writing RP-posts is far from dead: RP-writing forums still flourish, perhaps evernight can 'merge' with such an RP-writing forum.
10. We change the wars in the game into parties and in stead of gaining acres, you can win funny hats.


Kk.. soooo...now it's up to you guys :D Either act out one (or more) of these solutions, or add your own ;)

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:56 pm
by owly
10. We change the wars in the game into parties and in stead of gaining acres, you can win funny hats.


or win weed :mrgreen:

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:46 pm
by -Link-
I respect your attempt.

I suggest you also look into rectifying the reasons people leave, which are very widespread. But there is sure to be a few common denominators.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:52 pm
by Fireslash
hold a don't be such a pussy over a game conference?

~Fire

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:18 pm
by Venus
i second fires suggestion

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:35 pm
by zamuthz
there are other games implements this: like every account has its own game generated link which will also reflect to the member's account. That link is also serves as an Advertisement for the game itself. If a person is interested to join, just clicks on it and the same time merits the person who posted or given the link. Some merits points or turns. :wink:

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:06 pm
by Thepheonix
I will note that we probably could have gotten to 15 or 20, but after proposal #10, we got sidetracked into renaming everything...

low sorc attack would be uncontrollable giggles, for instance. I think instead of cash we had sprinkles... ID was bake cupcakes... it got weird...

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:44 pm
by I]\/[mortality
zamuthz wrote:there are other games implements this: like every account has its own game generated link which will also reflect to the member's account. That link is also serves as an Advertisement for the game itself. If a person is interested to join, just clicks on it and the same time merits the person who posted or given the link. Some merits points or turns. :wink:


that was already implemented by kaz long time ago

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30980

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:52 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
Fire is the reason I quit.

Rectify him!

:lol:

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:59 am
by bigSparky
Lately I have been thinking of making a couple of realms, but I haven't played in three? years now. I can make two, but both would have to be in the same guild. I don't have tons of time like I used to, so much responsibility is out of the question, and long nights in war chats are also undesirable. It's like use me and let me go please. I'm old now and need my beauty sleep :wink: I am also quite sure I will need extensive retraining. I have scummed pretty successfully in the past, but am open to any role.

One caveat, I HAVE to play Leto.

Any takers?

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:37 pm
by GrimT
We would have gleefully taken you, but the Leto thing is a little problematic.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:58 pm
by Fireslash
i don't like the word rectify next to my name

sounds dirty :wink:

~Fire

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 pm
by Venus
make a leto guild and go recruit the players from comments who dont play either,
it can be a casual guild:P
u can all be gms and only hit from the banner if u cant stay in chats long

hell ill even train u if u all need a refresher in how to build and war.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 pm
by bigSparky
That would be like work. I'm not up for that much effort or more importantly, time. Most nights I have prints and specs I have to go over for the next days work. I hate having responsibility :( It makes me feel too grown up.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:05 pm
by Bandit_115
Venus wrote:make a leto guild and go recruit the players from comments who dont play either,
it can be a casual guild:P
u can all be gms and only hit from the banner if u cant stay in chats long

hell ill even train u if u all need a refresher in how to build and war.


but didnt you die every war?

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:52 pm
by Torkano
Fireslash wrote:i don't like the word rectify next to my name

sounds dirty :wink:

~Fire


It is dirty because he meant rectalfy.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:27 pm
by Gerien
Bandit_115 wrote:but didnt you die every war?

And she's desperate to find someone to take her place, thus the offer to teach us.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 am
by _Nagash_
I die pretty much every war too, and currently I'm even in red. So that makes me Venus II, I guess. :)


Sparkyman, the only work a casual guild brings with it, is posting a war thread on TB and numbers of the adversary on the banner every now and again. :)

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:12 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
If you were Venus II, you would be a Faith Mom.

Are you the Faith Mom?

No?

Then shut up!

:finger:



BTW, I posted in Comments.
Time to recruit.

I will go find another Blacklock to kick all your asses.

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:46 pm
by Grunt
if owl was nice he could give free weed to new players
we would be full of easy stoned targets then hehe

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:18 pm
by owly
i would smoke-out with anybody from evernight except for Boz or Ford-Perfect. i forget how to spell his name right...

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:12 am
by _Nagash_
What makes you the authority on moms then? Hopefully not your antics in the local bars. ;)

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm
by xxFLaRe31xx
owly wrote:i would smoke-out with anybody from evernight except for Boz or Ford-Perfect. i forget how to spell his name right...


you in florida, i have some fire right now :shock:

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 pm
by Towelie
Wanna get high?

Re: Possible solutions...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 pm
by owly
Huh? what?

Sure :cheers: