Page 1 of 7

Unity Strategy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:16 pm
by Steven
Just to prove that I am online 24 hours and constantly watch all my realms I decided to take the time to post a strategy thread. A place where everyone can maybe share a little bit of their knowledge to spice up the game. Here is a start to some of the things that I find myself doing in the game.

Forting: I am a stickler on properly forted realms. When it comes time to decide to tell what everyone to fort I have to take into account all the realms that are in play. In this game there is NO WAY you can possibly fluff and keep out everyone, unless it's the end game and you are so huge it doesn't matter. What is key is keeping out the highest % of realms possible. I want to fluff enough scum to keep 75% of the guild out. But yet not make myself vulnerable to war from everyone.

Pre War Fluffs.
Offensive: If you wanna go on the offensive I recommend a hybrid of offensive/defensive troops because if you are caught with all Pikemen or Kobolds, I will instictively gun for you. I will toss in whoever I need to make the stats fair, but I will go for you. That is life. By doing a hybrid your intent isn't 100% known. You could be waiting for a hit or you could hit first. By fluffing like that the ball is in your court. Oh yeah and have good money too.

Defensive: Obviously you want to see the general fluffing topic, but what is tricky is you know a guild is comming but they are just too small to take the offensive againts so you gotta wait it out. The key to a successful defensive move is judge how your enemy will hit. If they seem short on their temples you can sacrifice some of the scum. But land is everything. A parking lot is better to play than a 3k acre realm. Additionally, you do NOT want to fund your enemies war. DoC was ready to hit but they had 90 million in every realm making it possible for us to hit em left and right. (thanks Dux for holding onto our cash for us). What you want to hold in your realms is about 25-30m. At this stage your treasury is too low for someone to actively waste turns looting it. But it's high enough that you can successfully mount a counter attack with it.

Sorcery: Sorcery is the best option in the game. I don't see why people don't utilize it more often. With 150 max turns a realm can burn AND sorc the same target. Or one scummer can burn two realms and one sorceror can take out two targets. It is the best way to render a large realm useless assuming you have no hopes of breaking the target first. Personally I don't really believe in Sidhes since they lack defense and humans can sorc almost just as well. humans can do the same damage with an additional 5-10 more sorces than a Sidhe.

Scum: This too is one of the best things in the game. With one scum realm you have the potential of crippling three realms that you can not break on your first hit. Forcing these three realms to spend a day regaining their treasury before they can hit. Which in the mean time buys you an extra war strike on them before they can get one off of you. If I can't destroy a well forted realm and I don't have the ability to sorc. I find myself having my scummers looting a realm to a low treasury and burning ALL guildhalls. Or even ALL temples because then the realm has to take a gamble. Hit and be sorced, or build and be useless.

War: Summons are everything, they make the difference between breaking an opponent or going home beat like a little nerd. ALWAYS break the ambush first. This will remove the summons and the ambush in one fell swoop. That way your CS of 1 will do that much more damage. ALWAYS ensure that your full strikes are with ease. That means you can downsize as you hit. AND you aren't killing your allies troops. Getting success on a FA? Throw in a few mobs first. It will ensure that you can hit with minimal troops while still dominating on your target. Every full strike you get with ease means you can downsize about 20% of your troops and STILL get ease. Why waste the money when you don't have to?

There are tons more strategies about these things but I'll let others give a shot at it. It's time to release the little quirks about the game you all probably didn't think about.

The Ultimadatabase. Your Lover your friend.
The ultimate database is an excellent addition into the game. But it can be what gets you in the butt. Why do you ask? Why it's obviously the rankings page. Every now and then I will take a screen shot of the rankings and I will see who's the number one scouting guild which faith is increasing in scouts the fastest. You may wonder why that is so important. Here is an example.

Let's say we have this screen shot.

Guild Rank
TNE 1000
DoC 900
BBB 800
WeeC 700

Individual
Torkano 230
Nagash 180
Kaz 160
Souldemon 140

3 hours WeeC was scout swept, burned, looted. I go wow interesting and check the rankings page again

Guild Rank
TNE 1100
DoC 900
BBB 800
WeeC 700

Individual
Torkano 263
Nagash 180
Kaz 160
Souldemon 140

That's interesting Torkano's rank went up as well. Although it's obviously not enough proof to say who did it. But it gives me GREAT evidence and notice that TNE is up to no good. I better neutralize them before they make a move on me. Perhaps if I scout him and he has a lot of money then maybe it was him and I can deal with him.

Turns: in scouts it shows how much longer till someone reaches full turns. I have a strong policy in WeeC that we play at regular time intervals. That we play our realms roughly the same times (with the addition of 12 hours of course due to the turn rate and max turns). Why is that important? For the guilds that normally don't, I can judge when you guys are about to war. Normally you guys all play at your random convienent times. But when war comes up, you guys begin to slowly shift your turn spent so that come war time you guys hit max turns at the same time. That to me is a fishy fishy thing. It helps me see who is and when they are about to go to war.

Sabbing Caravans: NEVER NEVER do this unless you are about to war a guild. When I sent cash and you intercept it your Networth WILL change and I WILL see who's networth changed and trust me, I'll take the chances and hit you blindly for your stupidity.

Unguilded realms: I'm not sure if this is possible since I've never tried it myself and I will make sure Kaz is aware of this theory after I post it. Since the utlimate database is open to ALL realms. What's to stop someone from lower moral standpoint to make an Angie realm while his friends are barnies. Barnies are scout swept and they ask their friend yo check the DB to see who scouted us. That angie realm goes oh man it's Torkano from TNE since it displays names of who is scouted. Additionally this means to all you GUILDED realms. NEVER EVER go FULL max scum. if you have zero troops that information is open to all UGs. That means. You could easily easily be taken out by a 500 acre realm. And that would be the most frusrating thing to EVER occur to you.

Well that's it for me now back to studying. hope this helps you all in your future game play. I will post more stuff later. I've got a long list to go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:34 pm
by Turk Dorian
Him the scumming scores needs to be hidden. Steven brings up a very large way to abuse that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:40 pm
by Torkano
It wasn't me I swear!

As far as I'm aware, UGs can't see scouts made by guilded kingdoms. Only other UGs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:41 pm
by Iblade
I agree.. its great having the database incorporated into the game.. but it leaves a lot of room for abuse.. and spying.. and there are a lot of reading between the lines.. on it.. I would suggest a revamp also.. that does not show who scouted who.. just how long ago..


iblade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:46 pm
by Steven
War Strategies.

Priority Targets:
Always take out the unforted realms. They are the easiest of all land and they allow you to hit with little troops. meaning you can get a really good offensive fluff to anchor the rest of the war and additionally have enough cash to revert to defensive once that is done. If I can find at least 3. That would mean I have 3 WELL fluffed large anchors to set full assistance.(realms max fluffed with scum fit into this category)

When you plan out your first strike, You do NOT necessarily have to take out as many targets as you can. Your main focus is to take out a lot of targets and to MAME those who you did not get to. Your goal is to create a situation that forces your enemy guild to freeze up for a little bit. Wasting turns. Sab their caravans, loot their money, burn their temples or guildhalls(never both). Your goal is to get TWO hits before they can pull of their FIRST decent counter. in doing so you essentially ended the war in 2-3 days.

Since full turn occurs every 36 hours and everyone is free at the same time every night. It is crucial how you play your second day since at your strike everyone will have roughly 110 turns after encamping for 12-16 hours and claiming their 5 free turns. More than likely everyone will over fluffed and not have the cash to make a decent move and have enough turns to refort up. This is where burning your enemies temples comes into play. Chances are they will have built some back while hitting in the process. This is bad because not only did they not build very much back anyway, their post hit fluffs will be shitty as ever. This is good.

Since there will be realms who wait it out and are still massively beefy, these are the realms you wanna sorc kill. They haven't moved a turn and their temples are still burned. It takes 3.5 realms to effectively sorc kill the target. These 3.5 realms will spent 110 turns KILLING the enemy completely. AND gaining cash to send to realms A and B. That means.. A and B can kill all the realms who tried to make a move SINCE they are loaded with cash. THEN realm C can come in and clean up A and Bs unfinished business. A and B stll get good fluffs and now C has good cash because they hit with only 500 elite troops and they now can pass it off to another realm. The third sorc killing realm can send cash to D. E cleans up and so forth Do you see the pattern? In effect you essentially created a position where. Sorc killing a realm opens it up so that 6 realms can now hit.

Day 1. You war
Day 2. You sorc kill / War
At this point most targets are pretty beat up.
Day 3. You rest
Day 4 morning hit off the banner or wait till that night to hit.

WIN WIN if you ask me!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:48 pm
by Steven
Torkano wrote:It wasn't me I swear!

As far as I'm aware, UGs can't see scouts made by guilded kingdoms. Only other UGs.


Think at how easily I can bring up an old guild check the DB and quickly leave before the rankings update. Or think how easily it is for me to make a realm and just hide it in a guild and then just leave when I wanna make my rogue move.

Re: Unity Strategy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:58 pm
by I]\/[mortality
Steven wrote:Sabbing Caravans: NEVER NEVER do this unless you are about to war a guild. When I sent cash and you intercept it your Networth WILL change and I WILL see who's networth changed and trust me, I'll take the chances and hit you blindly for your stupidity.


then bundes will have to make the nth thread about sabbing ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:06 pm
by ~Vox~
War: Summons are everything, they make the difference between breaking an opponent or going home beat like a little nerd. ALWAYS break the ambush first. This will remove the summons and the ambush in one fell swoop. That way your CS of 1 will do that much more damage. ALWAYS ensure that your full strikes are with ease. That means you can downsize as you hit. AND you aren't killing your allies troops. Getting success on a FA? Throw in a few mobs first. It will ensure that you can hit with minimal troops while still dominating on your target. Every full strike you get with ease means you can downsize about 20% of your troops and STILL get ease. Why waste the money when you don't have to?



Amen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:38 pm
by Dante
Shall i place my war guide on how to kill your allies troops in a most efficietn manner?\


^_^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 pm
by I]\/[mortality
Dante wrote:Shall i place my war guide on how to kill your allies troops in a most efficietn manner?\


^_^


Killing allies troops: downsize all your troops, make sure your allies are supporting you, then FA your opponent (no summons), if it fails, do it again, repeat until you are out of turns.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:20 pm
by Dante
no no no.

you got it all wrong immort



you need 10 troops, and you ahve to make sure your oponent is on so that he can succesfully place an ambush each and everytime tyou hit.



you look like a noob immort >_< havent i taught you anything!!! >__<

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:21 pm
by HDog
HDog's excellent strategy for kicking ass:

Step 1: Don't be drunk (most important!).
Step 2: Say random things in the chat to distract Steven.
Step 3: Do exactly what Steven asks without question.
Step 4: Laugh when he gets mad for you not saying anything when he asks you to do something stupid and you do it.
Step 5: Waste 60% of your turns CSing.
Step 6: Whine about gold.
Step 7: Push button.
Step 8: Receive bacon.
Step 9: Ask Steven 4 times what to fort (be sure to not have any troops while you wait for his answer, even if it takes 10 minutes.).
Step 10: Half ass fort your realm using all the gold you have.
Step 11: Run out of turns before you land max and have your last trainset to level 3.
Step 12: ???
Step 13: Enjoy your highly ranked realm. How it got there is a mystery.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:26 pm
by muncheez
Well Stevie, it looks like you are getting tired of winning so much. Too give out all that prime info is just asking for some of the idiots to take it and actually use it to bring down WeeC. The game is just getting too easy for ya, need to try and level the playing field?

Actually, some of the morons will think u are trying to lead them astray by offering bogus strategies. They will ignore your advice and continue to be fodder.

Your point on sorcery is correct, however, you are overlooking the sidhe advantage on tithing. With the br reduced, being sidhe helps one keeep a very high br during building and tithing, their defense is good and they can outgrow all the other kingdoms which can negate all the negatives since they grow so much faster (ie: look at my restarts). Actually, stay away from my kindoms, there are no asian women in them!!

And, to give everyone else the best advantage to defeat WeeC, send Stevie links to oriental porn when he is trying to conduct a war strike, he cannot resist. If you really want to destract him, send him bisexual oriental porn links with pop-ups to masturbation devices on sale. Who can resist a 2 for 1 sale on Happy Penis lotion?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:28 pm
by Dante
Step 7: Push button.
Step 8: Receive bacon.



LMAO!!!! ^_^




that strategy has been around for a long time. years actually, before i quit, that was over.. 2 years ago, this is my first age :)


he is just pointing them out so others can take advantage of them.


of course, those arent the only tactics, but they are the most usefull.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 pm
by HDog
after a quick google search:

holy shit, there really is a Happy Penis lotion! it's only $2.95!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:38 pm
by Virch
with all your wisdoms....i cant wait for your guild to actually make a desent strike....

seams your true strat is simpy downhit every war and wonder why things are so easy in unity....

course your time is coming......since what goes up.......must........*winks*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:38 pm
by Quedesh Verez
My strategy for war.

Be active. Thats really the main thing... too many people play casually and then whine that they aren't winning. House is in it's first age we haven't really gelled all the way yet, but the players show up for chat and they play their realms daily. They also LISTEN to what I say and read the banner and are on the same page as the leadership.

Nextly i always run two chats. Two chats gives noone in the guild an excuse to miss one, and they are close enough that what we don't get done in the first wave we can really disrupt them in the second wave and then the enemy gets very little break between assaults.

But then I'm not a strategic genius or anything just some things we do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:39 pm
by HDog
Dante wrote:
Step 7: Push button.
Step 8: Receive bacon.



LMAO!!!! ^_^


Speaking of bacon, why does Wendy's even have the Baconator? Bacon on a sandwich is only good if it's crispy, not the microwaved shit they try to sell you 6 slices of.

Image

i suck at using the img tag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:42 pm
by muncheez
what the hell language is that?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:49 pm
by HDog
BUDDYBUDDYBUDDYBUDDY

I'm not sure, but it made me lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:21 pm
by Steven
Virch wrote:with all your wisdoms....i cant wait for your guild to actually make a desent strike....

seams your true strat is simpy downhit every war and wonder why things are so easy in unity....

course your time is coming......since what goes up.......must........*winks*


Sorry, I don't follow your strategy Virch. Vacation a few realms and don't fort with the rest of them. Did you want me to include that in my section on how to avoid hits? :roll:

Expect nothing less from a former member of my guild. :wink:

Here I'll type it up now.

How to Avoid a War:
Even though you might have won your last war and come out on top, it is good to build incredibly slow and accept tons of members who are lower in networth and have a good portion go on vacation. This is a good strategy just in case two guilds who BOTH lost their wars will pass you in the rankings. You can B, hit them and claim some glorious up hit. or A get pwned and then complain about a 1.3m total networth down hit and then snicker and say haha our networth was that low because 15 members of our guild was unforted but at least we can still bitch about it all day long.

And I'm not afraid of your gang bangeth that you may have planned. Sure we'll lose, but in the end you've just shown us all that you are no different than the people you hate so you might as well hate yourselves now. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:52 am
by Oedipus
and it gives us the fun task of working back to the top by said methods above

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:10 am
by Dante
im gonna need that building strategy in the banner. plz send it to me :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:17 am
by Steven
Quedesh Verez wrote:My strategy for war.

Be active. Thats really the main thing... too many people play casually and then whine that they aren't winning. House is in it's first age we haven't really gelled all the way yet, but the players show up for chat and they play their realms daily. They also LISTEN to what I say and read the banner and are on the same page as the leadership.

Nextly i always run two chats. Two chats gives noone in the guild an excuse to miss one, and they are close enough that what we don't get done in the first wave we can really disrupt them in the second wave and then the enemy gets very little break between assaults.



I think running two chats with different leaders is a great way to allow everyone a chance to feel the idea of working together with their guild mates vs showing up late and just IMing the GM, or just hitting off the database. Activity is key. Fervent had some really awesome members but they just weren't active enough... That was their down fall.

Additionally, I want to add in you must ALWAYS take out realms that are max fluffed with offensive troops FIRST. You can easily just burn and loot the defensive realms. Since they will go oh crap I can't convert to war. Warring with Dragons is tough. Dux knows I've had issues with them lately. ;>

(And for those of you who don't know... I have a lot of respect for Virch so don't take my words to heart about him or anything like that. I would gladly pick him over HDog any day... Who posts pictures that ruin the dimensions of this thread)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:34 am
by _Nagash_
Steven, you rock! :dood:


You didn't blame me for the scummings (which in fact was me, but I'm so awesome that I can keep my NW constant). :wink:

There's some good stuff in here though, which new GMs might find useful information. Not sure if we still have new GMs, but sod that :P