What is Unity?

- OOC & RP Forum for the guilded Unity game

Moderators: Voice Kma, Voice Stone

What is Unity?

Postby Kaz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:28 pm

I suspect that most of you have already viewed Brian's announcement regarding the large game changes currently occuring, for those that haven't here is it is

link to thread

It's clear that everybody has their guilded game they play, and (in many cases) the other one or two they wont go near for one reason or another. It's time to pull all the guilds together into one big game, and add a bit of variety back into guilded Canon. People have asked for changes for ages, here they come.

What's changed?

Other than the obvious loss of the Guilds, Valid and Covenant games there are several new features that have been recoded into Unity.

Races
The three basic races are around as usual (Human, Elven and Goblin). Each age those 3 races will be joined by a 'guest race'. The races will use the published statistics that were worked out for Massacre Unity Race Stats
EDIT: This now links to a page built from Unity stats (which are 'currently' the same as Massacre stats)

Of the 9 available races (Human, Elven, Goblin, Droben, Vampire, Elemental, Sidhe, Centaur, Dwarven) some have slight specialities. For example, the ability for low magic races to cast fog has been removed. Higher magic realms now have the ability to cast on themselves, Elves can cast on others. The old Centaur 'kill scum' option has returned with Centaur, as has the Droben summons. Sidhe now summon +50% temples instead of troops.

The addition of a 'Guest Race' should introduce an element of strategic difference in each age.

Realms
We've taken away three guilded games, and replaced them with 1. For that we are allowing you to create 2 realms in Unity. These realms will have to be the same Faith, but will not have to join the same guild. If this doesn't work it may well be removed down to a 1 realm game.

Inteligence
Ultimabase is now fused into the Canon game. When you click 'Submit' on a scout action, Ultimabase records it.

Ultimabase can be accessed from the steal screen, assuming you have privs from your guild to see it. (Unguildeds can all view UB but are only able to see scouts made by other UG. Guilds cannot view scouts by UGs).

View All now shows a historical networth, war and membership record for each guild, along with some useful generic data about the guild.

News
Offensive and Defensive news is now stored in a guild store. Leadership can view the news that occurs in other realms in their guilds. This should allow GMs to keep track of what their members are doing, and what is being done to them.

Defensive News is available to the Guild News pool 5 mins after the actions occur. Defensive news is available to everyone with the news priv. Offensive news is stored immediatly and is only available to guild members with the ability to declare war.

News can be kept in the inbox, deleted or archived. The archive can contain offensive and defensive news, and can be seen by all members with the ability to view defensive news.

Buildate
Unity has a two tiered buildrate aimed to increase the speed of initial building and rebuilding, and slow down the ability to increase in size later in the game.

For your first 19,999 acres you get the classic BRT: 4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,19,20,21,22..
Once you reach 20,000 acres your BRT switches to: 4,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17..

Taken Land
We have increased the amount of built acres that get taken through warfare.

Guild Screen.
The privs system has been redone slightly. Previously the 'charter' and 'view all' privs granted 'banner' priv. This has been removed and a 'banner' priv added. The 'View Squad' priv now does what you would expect it to. Ther are also a few others added for the News and Database systems.

Declare War.
I intend to bring online the ability to declare war on multiple guilds soon. Unfortunatly I did not have time in development.

Moving Guilds
Moving guilds from the other games to Unity is a little more tricky. The additional privs mean that additional values are required in the guild tables. In order to retreive a guild from Unity it will first need to be converted.

Link to Guild Converter

We know that many of you will be surprised and maybe even upset, that your guilded game of choice no longer exists. We hope that you all bring your guilds to Unity, and hope you understand the reasons behind the closing of Guilds, Valid and Covenant.

Welcome to Unity's first age : Honour

Turn Rate: 4 Per Hour
Max Turns: 150
Start Turns: 150
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
iLove Fantasy Books Series and Authors
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Big Nassty » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:50 am

Sounds awesome. Whats the turn rate? I'd like to contact you for inside information :)

Whens it gonna be up?
~Proud GM of BBB/Former EATERS GM~
~Bringer of The Blitzkrieg~

Blitzkrieg: Lightning war. initial strike with speed and surprise to prevent an enemy from using a coherent defense.
Big Nassty
Stablehand

Postby SoulDemon » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:40 am

Game is up now.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Gili » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:17 pm

Turn rate is in first post, Mr Big Nassty.

Turn Rate: 4 Per Hour
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
Gili
Developer

Postby Coolz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:55 pm

Can we hit same faith in Unity???
Stand for something or you'll fall for anything
TKO
Coolz
Stablehand

Postby SoulDemon » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:04 pm

No. The point of Unity and the changes we've made is to make it easier to work together with faithmates (and heathens to some degree), why would we want to spoil that by letting you hit your allies? ;>
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Thepheonix » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:06 pm

Hey, so with the Sidhe temple-summoning ability...

when do those go away? When you are attacked or when you are sorced?
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash
Thepheonix
Peasant

Postby Kaz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:37 am

Should occur when you are sorced, although it's not really had a lot of testing yet so i might have missed an instance where it goes after a war attack, but i think i got them all
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Sunblade » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:02 am

Welcome to Unity's first age : Honour

We'll inundate you with English spelling!

Next age will be called aluminium. Then, colour.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:10 am

Or flour. :wink:
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Gerien » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:39 pm

More like "bloody hell."

[edit]Even better: "Unity: Snogging"[/edit]
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
Gerien
Threadjacker

Postby Kaz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:57 pm

So we are a few days into the age, thought I'd do a comparason.

At point of last reset
48 : Covenant
130 : Guilds
54 : Valid
232 : Total Guilded Realms in 3 games x 1 realm (3 realms max)

now
207 : Unity
207 : Total Guilded Realms in 1 game x 2 realm (2 realms max)

Hopefully some more people / guilds will turn up over the next few days. I think others will wait to see if the Unity forum turns into an honourless hole before deciding whether to play or leave.

Lets try and keep the atmosphere how it is and maybe we'll see a point where we have more guilded realms in 2 realms than we had in 3

Then we can try and see if we can pull this back to how it was 1 year ago.

1 year ago
63 : Debacle
182 : Guilds
111 : Valid
356 : Total Guilded Realms in 3 games x 1 realm (3 realms max)

:)
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:12 am

Concerning the news: now that one can view the news of all their guildies might have made the creation of news drops in guild or faith forums redundant.

However, I'm curious how long one will be able to see the news of one's guildmates. Is it visible only as long as they keep the news themselves? Or for a set amount of time?

I think it would be good to have it stored for, say, one week so that one might track down scummers etc. by comparing news. Sharing news faithwide may also be a good option, lest news drops are created faithwide outside of the game or in private forums.

(Wasn't sure to put this here or in the improvements-thread)
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Kaz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:31 am

The news (at present) is stored in a new table containing the attacking and defending versions of the news, the two realm numbers and two on/off values for attacker and defender guild.

The checkboxes next to each news item will, when I work out exactly how I wish to do it, allow you to delete news items (individually or on mass) in the same way you can delete PMs in Tempers Ball.

So, to answer your duration question. Currently news will show up forever. Once complete, it will show until deleted.

[edit] Some kind of pruning might be in order though. Perhaps an auto removal after X amount of days, with the ability to archive news that you would like to keep.
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:34 am

Cool, thanks! :)
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Kaz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:27 am

Stats update.

There are now 241 guilded Unity realms.

That is 9 more realms than Guild+Valid+Covenenant ended with
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:38 am

Can you also see how many people created two realms and how many have one?
That would give one a clear view of the total amount of players.

Covvie/Valid/Guilds had an overlap too ofcourse (I, for one, played all three of them), but it'd be cool to compare it.
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Kaz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:49 am

Nagash, when we looked before, there were a few people with 3 realms, a large portion with 1, and the majority with 2. Unfortunalty i didnt think to save those stats prior to removing the old games.

But as you are interested

60 players in Angelique
58 players in Barnabas
56 players in Leto

144 players
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:52 am

Not bad, given the fact that the age is still young and some of us aren't done recruiting yet.

Good one! :)
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Return to Unity