Possible solutions...

- OOC & RP Forum for the guilded Unity game

Moderators: Voice Stone, Voice Kma

Possible solutions...

Postby Porckie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:40 pm

...to our main problem: the lack of a decent playerbase.

We at OAFS have been discussing this problem a bit and, after 1 of us said there were no solutions to the problem, the others retorted and came up with not 1, but 10 solutions:

1. Everyone who is in the game now does not leave it.
2. Everyone who is in the game now recruits at least one person to the game.
3. All the comments and bash people make a kingdom, so as to give their comments-area a reason for being there.
(We have even thought of a guild name for you: Convention Of Mindboggling, Mildly Erotic 'N Terrific Superstars (COMMENTS))
4. All guilds look at their archives and contact old members, trying to make them return to the game.
5. The Admin should install a pop-up thingy for people who visit TB after having been absent for three months; this pop-up should suggest them to return to the game.
6. We try to get a proper ranking for MPOGD, to lure new players.
7. Decae returns and uses the forum-user-database to send recruitment e-mail to a shitload of explayers.
8. Decae returns and announces a 'relaunch', with the neat new pictures of the no-pupilled Barnabas, etc.
9. Revive the RP-part of this game. Writing RP-posts is far from dead: RP-writing forums still flourish, perhaps evernight can 'merge' with such an RP-writing forum.
10. We change the wars in the game into parties and in stead of gaining acres, you can win funny hats.


Kk.. soooo...now it's up to you guys :D Either act out one (or more) of these solutions, or add your own ;)
PoRcKiE
Writer's Corner Pick of the Week, 19-26 October 2002
Nuff said.
User avatar
Porckie
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lands of MUR!

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby owly » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:56 pm

10. We change the wars in the game into parties and in stead of gaining acres, you can win funny hats.


or win weed :mrgreen:
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby -Link- » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:46 pm

I respect your attempt.

I suggest you also look into rectifying the reasons people leave, which are very widespread. But there is sure to be a few common denominators.
Today is the day of reckoning, and I will speak the truth without fear.
Five Judges
User avatar
-Link-
Peasant
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Fireslash » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:52 pm

hold a don't be such a pussy over a game conference?

~Fire
User avatar
Fireslash
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Venus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:18 pm

i second fires suggestion
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby zamuthz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:35 pm

there are other games implements this: like every account has its own game generated link which will also reflect to the member's account. That link is also serves as an Advertisement for the game itself. If a person is interested to join, just clicks on it and the same time merits the person who posted or given the link. Some merits points or turns. :wink:
Co-GM The Shadowz of Flames (reborn)
WW, TDoD,FOJ,Shadowz,TDoD,FA,MuM,Shadowz
WeeC
EVICTED
MuM apprentice
Who am I? I am the Blaire at the moment you open your eyes
User avatar
zamuthz
Stablehand
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:46 am

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Thepheonix » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:06 pm

I will note that we probably could have gotten to 15 or 20, but after proposal #10, we got sidetracked into renaming everything...

low sorc attack would be uncontrollable giggles, for instance. I think instead of cash we had sprinkles... ID was bake cupcakes... it got weird...
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash
User avatar
Thepheonix
Peasant
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CA

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby I]\/[mortality » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:44 pm

zamuthz wrote:there are other games implements this: like every account has its own game generated link which will also reflect to the member's account. That link is also serves as an Advertisement for the game itself. If a person is interested to join, just clicks on it and the same time merits the person who posted or given the link. Some merits points or turns. :wink:


that was already implemented by kaz long time ago

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30980
Retired
User avatar
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:52 am

Fire is the reason I quit.

Rectify him!

:lol:
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby bigSparky » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:59 am

Lately I have been thinking of making a couple of realms, but I haven't played in three? years now. I can make two, but both would have to be in the same guild. I don't have tons of time like I used to, so much responsibility is out of the question, and long nights in war chats are also undesirable. It's like use me and let me go please. I'm old now and need my beauty sleep :wink: I am also quite sure I will need extensive retraining. I have scummed pretty successfully in the past, but am open to any role.

One caveat, I HAVE to play Leto.

Any takers?
Do NOT mistake my SARCASM for BITTERNESS and ANGER
Getting Old Ain't For Sissies
Don't forget to visit MPoGD.com and vote for 'Canon' daily
User avatar
bigSparky
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Bethany,Oklahoma,USA

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby GrimT » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:37 pm

We would have gleefully taken you, but the Leto thing is a little problematic.
GrimT
Stablehand
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Fireslash » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:58 pm

i don't like the word rectify next to my name

sounds dirty :wink:

~Fire
User avatar
Fireslash
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Venus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 pm

make a leto guild and go recruit the players from comments who dont play either,
it can be a casual guild:P
u can all be gms and only hit from the banner if u cant stay in chats long

hell ill even train u if u all need a refresher in how to build and war.
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby bigSparky » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 pm

That would be like work. I'm not up for that much effort or more importantly, time. Most nights I have prints and specs I have to go over for the next days work. I hate having responsibility :( It makes me feel too grown up.
Do NOT mistake my SARCASM for BITTERNESS and ANGER
Getting Old Ain't For Sissies
Don't forget to visit MPoGD.com and vote for 'Canon' daily
User avatar
bigSparky
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Bethany,Oklahoma,USA

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Bandit_115 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Venus wrote:make a leto guild and go recruit the players from comments who dont play either,
it can be a casual guild:P
u can all be gms and only hit from the banner if u cant stay in chats long

hell ill even train u if u all need a refresher in how to build and war.


but didnt you die every war?
_Nagash_ wrote:The meaning of life is, make the road to death one big party. ;-)

RIP Dark Wolf, you will be missed my friend.
Crabs are a delicacy, but not when in your pants.
User avatar
Bandit_115
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: purgatory, but closer to hell

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Torkano » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Fireslash wrote:i don't like the word rectify next to my name

sounds dirty :wink:

~Fire


It is dirty because he meant rectalfy.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
User avatar
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf
 
Posts: 8698
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The little guy on your shoulder

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Gerien » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Bandit_115 wrote:but didnt you die every war?

And she's desperate to find someone to take her place, thus the offer to teach us.
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 am

I die pretty much every war too, and currently I'm even in red. So that makes me Venus II, I guess. :)


Sparkyman, the only work a casual guild brings with it, is posting a war thread on TB and numbers of the adversary on the banner every now and again. :)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:12 am

If you were Venus II, you would be a Faith Mom.

Are you the Faith Mom?

No?

Then shut up!

:finger:



BTW, I posted in Comments.
Time to recruit.

I will go find another Blacklock to kick all your asses.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Grunt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:46 pm

if owl was nice he could give free weed to new players
we would be full of easy stoned targets then hehe
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
User avatar
Grunt
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 10189
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Shalimar

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby owly » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:18 pm

i would smoke-out with anybody from evernight except for Boz or Ford-Perfect. i forget how to spell his name right...
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:12 am

What makes you the authority on moms then? Hopefully not your antics in the local bars. ;)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby xxFLaRe31xx » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm

owly wrote:i would smoke-out with anybody from evernight except for Boz or Ford-Perfect. i forget how to spell his name right...


you in florida, i have some fire right now :shock:
xxFLaRe31xx
Stablehand
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby Towelie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Wanna get high?
User avatar
Towelie
Stablehand
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Possible solutions...

Postby owly » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Huh? what?

Sure :cheers:
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Next

Return to Unity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users