The Free Corps (TFC)

- A place to put out a roll call for a long lost guild, and for long lost members to catch up.

Moderator: Voice Stone

The Free Corps (TFC)

Postby Stee Jans » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:47 pm

Well, I know there's hardly any chance that there'll be any number of old TFCers still around (what with all dem bastards retiring way back when), but I figure it's worth a shot. Especially since there were so many of them over the many ages that the guild spanned, from Barnabas in Monarchy, to Darden in Canon.

I remember the last iteration of the Corps the best, since we had an all star cast of players (a good number of the old JC folks such as Garion, Uncas and Attica, as well as a lot of other great players like Ashrum, Katharsis, Spartan, Toad and many others) and since we almost finished in first until ISA gangbanged us.

So, if any of you still happen to be around, post so I can find a way to bother you again. ;)
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Postby Blaze Draconis » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:43 pm

*sigh*

I miss you guys. You always were a good opponant and fun to war with as Barny and then as a good ally in Darden.
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Stee Jans » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:43 pm

Yep, I still remember the nasty feud that TFC and DoW had for the first several ages of TFC's existence. Kinda amusing now. :P

Those were the days.
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:53 pm

I was in TFC for half an age.

Was just around the time prior to LA disbanding. We took an age out a little before the end.

Spent part of the age in Shaitan, but leadership at the time were a little inactive so went to TFC.

Twas a good little break
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby _Garion_ » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Im still sort of kicking about sort of
JC forever
User avatar
_Garion_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:49 pm

Postby Blaze Draconis » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:46 pm

heh, didn't it have to do with someone hitting another during a war and then calling us CoW's?

boy was I bit hotheaded back then...lol
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Stee Jans » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:48 am

Heh, yeah, I think you guys hit us while we were in war since we downhit (this being back before I learned proper Monarchy etiquette).

But hell, I'll -always- remember the CoWs bit, that was priceless. ;)

*pokes Garion* Hey old man, how's it goin'?

Yeah Kaz, I remember that age. Even though it sucked to see LA go (LA was always one of my favorite guilds), it was nifty to have some of you guys come over to TFC, if only briefly.

Is SeaNile still around?
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Postby Superjames_008 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 am

i never played in TFC, but i sure do remember you guys.
we came in contcact on the other side on more than one occasion.

I think i did play with you Stee, back in the big last faith standing wars. that was a hoot.
TB's True Superhero!
Former Elected Jester of Solo
The Portia-Rey Hegemony
"We who are about to Spam salute you!"
User avatar
Superjames_008
Stablehand
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Tennessee, US

Postby Stee Jans » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:59 pm

With Fires of Midnight?
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Postby Superjames_008 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm

yeah! that was the name. i killed 3 before they took me down. :)

Isonia was the faith, right?
TB's True Superhero!
Former Elected Jester of Solo
The Portia-Rey Hegemony
"We who are about to Spam salute you!"
User avatar
Superjames_008
Stablehand
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Tennessee, US

Postby Stee Jans » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:08 am

Darden. :P

I only played in Isonia once, and that was as a favor to a friend.
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Postby Lilandra » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:17 pm

Um, raises hand..I was in TFC. :) I don't play anymore but I lurk around here and there.
~TNE~
Huma is my BANANA man!
I stole Red Baron's Wookie! No you can't touch it!
Rotten to the CoR!
User avatar
Lilandra
Stablehand
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: the middle of nowhere

Postby Eltharion » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:28 pm

Stee Jans wrote:I only did ******* once, and that was as a favor to a friend.



I'm willing to bet you've got a form letter formatted just like that. :P
Requiem for a Monarchy
...because boys are so pretty.
User avatar
Eltharion
Peasant
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Ontario

Postby Bundesbank » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:59 am

seanile posted... maybe 6-9 months ago?

if i remember correctly, he's working on (or is perhaps finished) his master's in divinity.

a solid player and fine fellow, all around.
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

WeeC | WTFPWND | NX | NPAC
officially endorses MoP's candidacy
User avatar
Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: captaining the internet

Postby Stee Jans » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:26 pm

Holy shit, it's Eltharion.

Funny you should mention that, but I do have a form letter just like that...

I use it for purely appropriate reasons, though.
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Postby Eltharion » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:47 am

Holy shit, indeed.

Yeah, the taskmasters at the university let me out occasionally, so I try to keep an eye on things here.

--

And, I mean, come on, is there any -inappropriate- reason to do things for friends?
Requiem for a Monarchy
...because boys are so pretty.
User avatar
Eltharion
Peasant
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Ontario

Postby Portia » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:10 pm

I decided to peek in today... It could be said that I was, perhaps, at one time, involved with said organization.
Portia - Hegemony Empress (Pink is the color of compromise)
Sexier than socks on a rooster
Telling Amaris who to kill since 1998
User avatar
Portia
Trouble
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Down in the Dirrty-Dirrty

Postby Betaflame » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Stee Jans wrote:Darden. :P

I only played in Isonia once, and that was as a favor to a friend.


My fault, my fault.
Take my love, take my land; Take me where I cannot stand; I don't care, I'm still free; You can't take the sky from me.
User avatar
Betaflame
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Dark Horse » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:48 am

If TFC ever came back it'd be one guild i'd be almost destined to join. I did put in an age, but soon after the guild was disbanded.

~Nate
~KHRYSTLE'S~
Just another second-tier GM!
It's a lie. A kiss with open eyes, And she's not breathing back.... Anything but bother me.
(It takes my pain away)Nevermind these are hurried times. Oh oh oh. I can't let it bother me.
User avatar
Dark Horse
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 am
Location: In my immediate area

Postby Karhedron » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:13 am

I think i may've had an age there in it Darden days... ... or maybe I'm thinking about Republic of Free Cities... or the other one Stee had in whichever RP based game was running at the time...

Be cool to see Stee back.

I remember when only the two of us turned up to the war chat, so we decided to use/abuse the charter of RFC to allow just the two of us to go to war against a smaller guild... butchered them. Good fun.
Prince of The Hirudan Empire
User avatar
Karhedron
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: The Free Corps (TFC)

Postby Stee Jans » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Be cool to see Stee back.


Ask, and ye shall receive.
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: The Free Corps (TFC)

Postby Kaz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 am

Welcome back man.

Hows things?

Hope you stick around again :)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Re: The Free Corps (TFC)

Postby Stee Jans » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey Kaz.

Things are good. In my second year of PhD-land, so I've been pretty busy. Decided to pop in a see how Evernight is doing. The place looks different.

Can't make any promises about sticking around, but we'll see. It was easier back in the day when I could properly obsess over Canon without worrying about other obligations, but tragically such is no longer the case. :P
кто кого?
User avatar
Stee Jans
Peasant
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: The Free Corps (TFC)

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:30 am

I was in TFC.

I warred against TFC as well.

Stee, it has been too long. What is your PhD in?

I am heading into my Master's program next semester.

MPA program at university.

Catch me on ICQ/AIM sometime if you are bored.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: The Free Corps (TFC)

Postby talenblackhawk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Tfc I played for once I think when LA disbanded. I remember both guilds and liked them. ISA was always fun to beat on even if it was a losing effort which it was a lot they had some good players I know...
talenblackhawk
Stablehand
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:39 pm


Return to Guild Roll Call

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users