Lets go Old School -- 3LS Roll Call

- A place to put out a roll call for a long lost guild, and for long lost members to catch up.

Moderator: Voice Stone

Current Game Status

I still play.
9
53%
No longer play. Lurk a bit though
2
12%
Peek in occasionally, but not often
0
No votes
What's evernight?
6
35%
 
Total votes : 17

Lets go Old School -- 3LS Roll Call

Postby Isildur » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:49 pm

Scanned Whit's thread (which I had avoided, since I wasn't 9S or 9SF at any time in the past...I don't think so at least).

So lets see...gone at least 4 years.

Early monarchy days.

Sounds like my first guild fits.

Didn't see anything restricting it to Improv or Mo'Pri in Whit's request, if there was, oopsie on my part.

So I give to you, 3LS.

3LS, the La La Land Strikers, with the motto "We strike while you sleep" (cooler motto than name, btw), was started by a bunch of people who came over from a game called MechWars or something.

Damn I'm getting old, don't remember many of the founding members, but GrapeApe was one. Of course, Blaze from DoW was as well. I was in there, I <think> ZenPig was, and I think Sick Puppy was also around that early.

3LS was in the Gold age. An age or two later, Blaze took a few of us with him and spun off to create DoW.

So lets see if we can round up any 3LS'ers.

Last contact I had was probably 3 years ago I heard from GrapeApe out of the blue, so don't think I'll be pulling any of the old school guys in, but maybe Blaze or somebody else can roust them out.
Economic ignorance is to politicians what idle hands are to the devil. Both provide the workshop for the creation of evil. - Walter Williams
User avatar
Isildur
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 11892
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Isildur » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:50 pm

Ah, remembered the other key founder's alt.

PainGod.

By the lack of posts, looks like we haven't had a great inrush of 3LS players showing up to post :)
Economic ignorance is to politicians what idle hands are to the devil. Both provide the workshop for the creation of evil. - Walter Williams
User avatar
Isildur
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 11892
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby 68guy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:24 pm

Always hated those guys ;p Fucking Leto sons of bitches.
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Radix » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:40 pm

3LS....was that related to Lx3?

*runs*
Radix
No matter how much light you shine, you can't make a blind man see.
User avatar
Radix
Squire
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lost

Postby 68guy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Pretty sure it was, Man.. Pretty sure it was.
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Blaze Draconis » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:50 pm

Aye, I'm still here too :) I get to post in two long forgotten guilds in one day!

Aye, Paingod actually is still playing, and is in DoW under another name.

The game that we all came from was called Metal Knights, and is still around (surprisingly). It was another online game like this and was recruited through there. It was more of a pictoral of a game though, and not just browser based.

I've forgotten a lot of the old 3LS players, but I will mention those I was friends with.

Hivey took over 3LS after PainGod left, during his leading, Isi and I became his AGM's. I had only been playing for not even an age. I cant even remember what my duties were....lol. I think I organized everything for wars and such and was the diplomat for the guild. It was during that time that I met Cindy I think...though our friendship didnt really grow until DoW was formed, since she was a heathen ;)

From 3LS came Ang1970, Sick Puppy, and Myself in forming DoW. That age was 3LS's last age and we reformed under the banner of DoW. Nearly all of 3LS joined. The first counsel was: Myself as Alpha, Sickpuppy, Ang1970, Blade, and Isildur.

Many of 3LS members still play every once in a while, though I havent seen SickPuppy in forever :( I miss that pup. He made the game a lot of fun for me with his RPing.

Some of the members of 3LS that I remember and are still around in one way or another.

- PainGod, under an indisclosed name.
- Isildur
- Me
- Aelwulf
- Ryderz (I think he was 3LS, not 100% sure though)
- Piggy

Inactive completely

- Ang1970
- Blade
- Sick Puppy
- Grape Ape
- Hivey

and my mind just went blank...doh!

Piggy, come back to the dark side. You can't resist the power of the force! You want to rejoin DoW once again. Its in your blood! ;)
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Misayou » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:35 am

No, 3ls and lx3 errrwhatever that other one was were not the same....


3ls was the first real guild I was in...I followed suit into DoW.
User avatar
Misayou
Stablehand
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Postby Blaze Draconis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:50 am

Doh, I cant believe I forgot you, Misa :(

there's one more that hasnt played since DoW was formed, and who recruited me, was my real life friend by the name of Karmesinrot. He wouldnt leave me alone til I would join and play this game....and what, 7 years or so later and I'm still around.

I feel old....

I started out when I was 15 I think....now I'm soon to be 23 next month. Crazy.
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby zenpig » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:52 am

hehe; I've thought about playing again...last round of playing for me was almost a year ago with the Rovers and had quite a bit of fun with them while it lasted.

I see Puppy every once in awhile....tend to get sloppy drunk and pretend to play pool when our respective wives let us out :) he's got a third kid on the way now, btw. And Paingod....he is a pool player; had the pleasure of his company for a few days while he was on a road trip through the mountainess regions of the U.S. and stopped by. Might have to swing over to the old guild(DoW) and say 'hi' for a bit.

3LS was origionally a guild/alliance in a game called Metal Knights...very simple and elegant turn based war strategy game...it took me forever to break the addiction to that damn game. A player called RayLuk was the one who named the alliance; he ended up playing Monarchy for a couple of months but it just wasn't for him..... the MK motto then was something like z ZZ z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z.. Bang!, though;hehe Pretty sure Ryderz was in the initial Monarchy 3LS, Blaze, for it seems like he was vocal about staying Barnabas(3LS had formed half-way through an age as Barneys) when we were trying to decide what to do after that age ended.
User avatar
zenpig
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Blaze Draconis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:09 am

3LS has never been Barny to my knowledge. I joined up at the end of Gold, and the guild hadn't been around for that long. If I remember correctly, 3LS being Leto was purely by chance. I cant remember exactly what took place, but I believe it was literally our faith being picked out of a hat and there we stayed. Back then Barny owned the game and 3LS was always fighting against it. I'll ask PG about it tomorrow, or if he posts, he can give us the origins himself :)

I remember Sick Puppy and I being allied and at the end of the ages, we'd be the highest letian players and see how far up the rankings we could get before being smacked back down again. That was fun.

Last time you played, we warred against Rovers and tried to steal you back :) Do you still have SP's contact? He's switched ICQ #'s a few times and I lost it :( I still see Ang1970 though once in a while. I was recently given Grape's email addy, and may be sending a hello to him too. I'd love for the old company to regather again for some havoc.

I do know that the age before DoW started there was talk about the future of 3LS, and is why Ang1970, SP, and I started to get together and talk about forming our own guild. Little did we plan on 90% or so of 3LS coming with us. Hehe, only reason they made me GM was because they didnt want to do it :)
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Misayou » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Went by Ashula back in the day....was more of a peon in 3ls/DoW.
User avatar
Misayou
Stablehand
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Postby 68guy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:03 pm

Then I somehow thought you'd make a decent AGM in Crimson Guardians. What the hell was I thinking... Ash, you suck *wink*

But I think you were in "Mouseketeers' at the time ;p
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Misayou » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:34 pm

we had a kick ass logo though ......;-)
User avatar
Misayou
Stablehand
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Postby Baashkai » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:37 pm

Ummm....

I never knew about this... ~Ponders~ Was prolly me that introduced a lot of 'em to the game too...

Ya learn something new every day :P
The 'Other' Half a GM of WHAM, Member of OAFS, Peon of FEL
Butt Buddy Club (Ask Zodiac / Pika for forms)
Losing my innocence one bit at a time... and to who? Maven of course!!
User avatar
Baashkai
Peasant
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Postby 68guy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:52 pm

Baash... what? what didn't you know about? lol
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Baashkai » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:57 pm

That the Mech Wars guys started a guild...
The 'Other' Half a GM of WHAM, Member of OAFS, Peon of FEL
Butt Buddy Club (Ask Zodiac / Pika for forms)
Losing my innocence one bit at a time... and to who? Maven of course!!
User avatar
Baashkai
Peasant
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Postby Blaze Draconis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:59 pm

it wasnt mech wars. I believe that is an entirely different game than Metal Knights. :)
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby 68guy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:41 pm

Naw, there was a MECH guild way back in the day. Everyone had 'MECH' in their names and coresponding icons ;P I remember Mech Tashee!! for sure. Don't remember anyone else, really.
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Isildur » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Yeah, Metal Knights, that was the game. I only played it a few times, it was fun though.

Paingod is still around? No shit? and the dude never says hi. I knew he never liked me much. That pompous, arrogant, sonofabitch :wink:

lol, PG, give me a buzz sometime, its been a long time.

I miss the Pup too.

Didn't remember 3LS as anything but Leto either...I am pretty sure they were Leto halfway through the Gold age, when I switched over from the non-guilds game to join them per Piggy's suggestion.

There was another dude, Steven, that I know was in DoW early on and I think came into 3LS the same time I did (think he was one of my 3 solo allies along with the Pig and somebody else -- Dzone springs to mind as a familiar name, but I don't think it was him for some reason).

That dude had an awesome build strat and always outbuilded me early on. The jerk.

And speaking of DoW, I think it was Blaze, Dysh, and the dude from SoSW that hatched the plans that led to the rise of Angileto and Leto's ultimate win in the Key game. The Key game had a NW bug in the scrolls and me and the SoSW guy were trading back & forth for the lead at the end trying to build NW. He ended up winning from the scroll bug, though my "real" NW was higher, so was fun game to the end. We were searching to find heathens of any sort that managed to crack the top 100 just to spank them down, and with a week left to play, two HUGE kingdoms appeared using the megatithe loophole, and we were like "WTF?!?!" then we gobbled them up.

*edit* Dude from SoSW I was thinking of was Tybalte, I think, though he's gone by different names at different times.

BTW, SoSW was a cool ass guild.
Economic ignorance is to politicians what idle hands are to the devil. Both provide the workshop for the creation of evil. - Walter Williams
User avatar
Isildur
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 11892
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Blaze Draconis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 pm

aye...I'll finally admit it, I was one of the main conspiritors with Dysh about the whole angieleto alliance. He was the main leader of it, but I was next in line.

But I was true to the alliance though to the end of the age and didnt turn on the Angies when the rest of the faith did.

That was the age of the Moogles and STD I think. I'll relay the message to PG for you ;)

Aye, I liked SoSW a lot....I miss Boudicca though. She was a great hound.
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby 68guy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:19 am

Blaze, you bastage ;p Actually admitting to being a driving force behind Angieleto. That takes balls ;p
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Blaze Draconis » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:45 pm

yeah, but you gotta admit there hasnt been an interfaith alliance so complete and powerful as that one was. I wonder how long it could have gone if Leto didnt stab the Angies in the back.

It was a very notorious alliance....it was how many years ago and its still known and talked about? :twisted:
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Tazzik » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:56 pm

It's notorious not just for the success it gave you guys in initially beating back the Barnabas guilds, but probably moreso for the fact that pretty much every Barnabas country created for the next two months was killed within 2-3 days of leaving NPP. I think the resilience in refusing to even let us get up to 2k acres became a bit annoying... ;p

Anyway, just thought I'd say that my vague memory has Sick Puppy being probably the first Leto heathen to really get my respect. Not that I really knew him in person, but he was one of the first to carry himself well enough on the boards that we actually started to take notice. Not that it really matters, since most of you probably don't remember who I was anyway. ;)


- Trak / Tazzik
User avatar
Tazzik
Stablehand
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Postby PG » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:35 pm

Yep I am playing again a bit. Good to see some of you old hands are still around.
Pain



The original faith of 3ls was Leto. We felt that barny had too many players and was too powerful at the time to be comfortable playing for that faith. So we set ourselves up to rattle the barnies a bit and give them as well as us a good challenge.
PG
Stablehand
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby Isildur » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:25 pm

Blaze Draconis wrote:But I was true to the alliance though to the end of the age and didnt turn on the Angies when the rest of the faith did.


Not that many of your key members followed suit, lol, I was smacking anything I could find in the top 200 to try and win that round :)

Which, btw, was the handwriting on the wall for me to go to ISA. I loved running with the Dogs and will long hold y'all in my heart, but I think it was an age or two later after that age that I realized I was spending more time guesting in ISA warchats to soothe my warmongering ways than I was in DoW ones, lol.

Hey PG...still hiding I see by the one post alt, but thanks for sharing the post and letting those of us who remember -- and care -- realize you are still alive and well.
Economic ignorance is to politicians what idle hands are to the devil. Both provide the workshop for the creation of evil. - Walter Williams
User avatar
Isildur
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 11892
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Next

Return to Guild Roll Call

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron