Massacre Game Features

- Archive Forum for Old Games.
(Calam, Speed, Christmas, Debacle, etc.)

Postby Gerien » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:36 am

Gili wrote:lol.

you best kill whoever has your war dec to free that up...and you will be fine!


That's just it. He had 3 times more troops than I did, and I'd scummed and sorced him all I could (spells and thieves were doing nothing - I don't know how to scum or sorc kill apparently) so I couldn't do anything to him until he logged on and started dissenting heavily with his 11,000 troops and 494 in cash.

[edit]dyslexic typing[/edit]
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Postby Gerien » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:50 am

Considering the fast paced, often play an entire session in one sitting nature of Massacre, it would be nice to remove the code that diallows you from undeclaring on an opponent within the first 3 days of hitting. It quickly starts to take upwards of 10 turns to hit an opponent you've already started to bring down, and with this feature active, the only option is to use literally hundredsx of turns to kill them before you can declare on another opponent closer to your rank and worht hitting more. This might also extend the playing time of some folks who have been knocked down from the top, but could then work their way back up again.
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Postby Nether » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:14 pm

it takes me 20 turns to hit =]
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
User avatar
Nether
Average
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Postby muncheez » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:07 am

I have been sitting at king for almost an hour and no other faith is playing. Can you force people to get up early on the weekends so I can have some targets?

Make people list their phone numbers when signing up, when someone needs a target, have a comp give them a wake up call.
I miss neurosis. Come back and play.
muncheez
Peasant
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:51 am
Location: MI

Postby muncheez » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:40 am

This is ridiculous, I went to the bank and post office. Upon my return, nothing happened.

For the love of god, please implement my suggestion.
I miss neurosis. Come back and play.
muncheez
Peasant
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:51 am
Location: MI

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Gerien, a sorc kill is easiest to perform using the lower cost offensive sorcery spell. You'll notice that each time it's cast the number of killed peasants is reduced. When that number gets to around 18 or so. They are dead.

Scum kill is much the same in the way it works (watching the peasant loss total descend). The option is different depending on your race. (Spread Dissesntion, Cause Dissention, Slaughter Civilians, Ravage Civilians, Bite Civilians, Poison Water or Kill Peasants)

On the remove the war declare requirement:

I have no intention currently of removing the code that forces you to declare war on a realm before you can attack them more than three times. I cant see any reason why you cant finish the kill before moving on except for saving turns, and you get enough of them. Leaving someone half dead with no real turns to do much is no fun in this game. Hence the kill requirement.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby muncheez » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:34 pm

U completely ignored my suggestion, why?

I have been king for over 3 hours now. This is just wrong!
I miss neurosis. Come back and play.
muncheez
Peasant
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:51 am
Location: MI

Postby Rhaegict » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:38 am

BTW, I have an unguilded kingdom.
I'm a Dumb-Dumb.
Rhaegict
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Lubbock, Texas

Postby Pretender » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:06 pm

Suggestion:

Remove the "no restarting within 48 hours of attacking/being attacked" stipulation for kingdoms that are actually restarts already (I'd like to change races and my build without having to go kill my kingdom off).
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
The Raven Collective
User avatar
Pretender
Stablehand
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:23 pm

Pretender,

What exactly do you mean by realms that are restarts, because pretty much all the realms in play have been restarted at least once.

If you are in NPP you can restart to change race or build all you want.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Pretender » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:28 pm

I am in NPP, and it says I cannot restart because I have been attacked or was attacking in the last 48 hours.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
The Raven Collective
User avatar
Pretender
Stablehand
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Hmm, looks like something has gone odd with NPP.

Some people getting hit while in NPP and others unable to restart when in NPP seems a little strange to not be related.

Both have worked fine right through testing so must be something I've 'fixed' since release.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:39 pm

They were not related after all.

By default death doesnt reset the database entries that store which realms have been hit by you in the last 48 hours.

It does now. Will run a database query to reset those values for any realms currently in NPP
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Pygar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Exept for some quircks, the game works just fine.

And Gerien, if you don't want to spend 20 turns per hit to kill a kingdom, just wait 10 minutes, and someone else does it for you.

When I play massacre, I only play for like 30 minutes or so, which usually results in 2 or 3 restarts (as I only play one realm without alliances).
With 4500 turns, and 3500 out of NPP, it's heaps to kill at least 3 realms (even with the final 10 hits or so being 20 turns), before getting killed yourself.

It's best to pick on realms with heaps of scum, since their Networth stays high, even when removing their land, so it only takes 4 turns per attack right up until their death.

Besides, if you spend some time doing a decent rebuild over 990 turns and save it, restarting to a fully built and forted realm takes like 10 seconds? SO if you get killed by someone, you restart and start hitting them back =) within a minute =)

I had an excellent battle with KingMe, I got him down to 23 acres per hit in the end before I ran out of 'attack' turns and then he started scum killing and ran out of turns when he got me down to 740 serfs (or 20 per hit) and we both ended up being sitting ducks for the next 3 minutes, cos that's when someone else ended my misery.
So there's no need for quick 'restarts' if you're out of turns and almost killed.

I like this game very much!!!!!!
No backup .... No sympathy....
Pygar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby muncheez » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:49 am

"You may not send any more messages today."

This is what is on my scribe screen and I had not even sent a message today. Are we having vulgarity problems? Are scribes no longer permitted?
I miss neurosis. Come back and play.
muncheez
Peasant
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:51 am
Location: MI

Postby Kaz » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:12 am

Muncheez, if you read through this thread, the scribe thing has already been added to the things to look at list. I'm not entirely sure where its come from because I havnt touched the scribe system when recoding to make massacre.

It apparently doesnt effect you sending a scribe though, so is not the end of the world.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Nether » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:18 pm

i have a suggestion, when its 4 barnies and thier realms against just me, make me god like so i can smight them with my armies of justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
User avatar
Nether
Average
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Postby Chains » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:47 pm

All I have to say is, right on Kaz. And if people complain just let the bad comments roll off your back, reguardless of whos kobolds do what to whom, what your doing here can only be great for canon.
Calis rocks, Divine Light
Fervent for some reason :)
Chains
Stablehand
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby Kaz » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Start turns has been changed to 15,000

When you die you restart with the remaining turns your realm had.

When you run out, you run out.

Game will last 1 month and will tell you how many days until reset and let you know your average turns available per day.

Reset time will not be advised

NPP is at 300 turns
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Nether » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:55 pm

i don't like it =/ the speed was what made it fun =[
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
User avatar
Nether
Average
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Postby Kaz » Sat May 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Start Turns: 7500
Restart Turns: 4500 (-100 for each death)
Minumum Restart Turns: 2500.

Turn Bounties:
When a realm is killed, the killer is able to claim all unspent turns as a bounty.

NPP: 1000 turns
Age Length: 1 month (count down on main screen)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby TheSartek » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:26 am

I got a question about the whole turns absorbed avg thing. How the heck does it work?

I've played my kingdom 3 times and have absorbed over 9000 turns(got lucky and caught one guy early on with 5k ;)). And I don't even show in the rankings, which the low is somewhere like 650. If I'm getting this right turns absorbed avg should put me over 3k. Just curious as to how it all works.

I apologise beforehand if this has already been covered but it's late and I just don't have the energy to check.
~SARTEK~
The noise you heard in the bushes
User avatar
TheSartek
Peasant
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:21 pm
Location: A step ahead

Postby Kaz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:52 am

Turns absorbed is not the number of turns you have received via bounties for killing. It refers to the muber of turns spent by opponents against your realm. It's a measure of how well you build defences.

It works by creating a running total of all turns absorbed and then dividing it by the number of times your realm has died.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby TheSartek » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Aha, thanks for clearing that up for me. I knew I probably had something screwed up. ;)
~SARTEK~
The noise you heard in the bushes
User avatar
TheSartek
Peasant
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:21 pm
Location: A step ahead

Postby Kaz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:35 pm

I just noticed that the First post was completely incorrect. It was still listing features as if this was the first style of Massacre, rather than the third.

Have corrected this.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

PreviousNext

Return to Old Games Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron