Massacre Game Features

- Archive Forum for Old Games.
(Calam, Speed, Christmas, Debacle, etc.)

Postby Gili » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:01 pm

Kaz wrote:Yeah Gili, at next reset we'll store the score values and stuff.


What i mean is, having an out of game view of it. Like the other games are all ranked here http://www.evernight.com/game_ranking.shtml

Might tempt others over when they see the body count : )
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
User avatar
Gili
Developer
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Numpton, England

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:09 pm

The guildname is the leadername of the first realm you create, without adding to the realm create script (which is used by all games) i needed to use an input already in use.

With the 48 hours. You want a permenant value stored in the game that you can always refer to? Hmm, I'll look into it, should not be too hard.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Ford Prefect » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:18 pm

thanks, some kind of counter or you will be kicked out of NNP on 12/02/06 at 12:00 or something that would would be nice for the forgetful. and the guild name thing my first realm i made I used an alt so now all my kingdoms are members of a guild thats an alt name :oops:
~Erin go braugh~
~D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.~
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Squire
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:54 am
Location: planet near Betelgeuse

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:45 pm

could add an option on the prefs screen.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Mickal Redwater » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:03 pm

First i wanna say how addicting this game is! i played it for like 2 hours last night before i forced myself to go to bed ;)

But i like it! of course... if i only knew how important that first round was i wouldnt have been stupid :P that extra 3000 turns makes a BIG difference :( and i wont get that again for a long time! Plus not being able to switch faiths i cant kill teh damn Angie that has been king forever! so someone else better do it ;)

Also.. is there a way to see your own points if you arent yet on the top points page?
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
User avatar
Mickal Redwater
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:42 pm
Location: Pride in the Desert

Postby morissey » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:13 pm

don´t worry mickal .. i killed him :P
we all got wood and nails and we sleep inside of this machine

Fervent

SOLO
User avatar
morissey
Stablehand
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:57 am

Postby Kaz » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:46 pm

On the score screen, click 'Massacre Points Table'.

it defaults to the 'Top 30 Scores' view, but the individual tables are there also
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Mickal Redwater » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:56 pm

Awesome! thats cool!

this game is so addicting! bat and i just fight each other for like hours straight and then give up after killing each other 4-5 times :P
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
User avatar
Mickal Redwater
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:42 pm
Location: Pride in the Desert

Postby Kenchan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Sorry kaz...lol my kingdom got killed

but its the droben saves.....3 of my kingdoms got the 4500 turns instead of the 7500
~Knight of SoT~
~AoA forever~
~ DC ~
~MoS~
~~<===|-~~
User avatar
Kenchan
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Mr Ed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 pm

The only reason I am not playing is for some reason on none of my 3 widescreens at home can I even see war, sorcery, scribe, search, etc (the lower subcategories) no matter what I set my screen res at. the top cell/frame truncates the bottom menus so all I see is lines...no text...though if I set to absolutely smallest text I can barely see the tops of the letters but still not the words...l
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.


PEST ~ The loose cannons of Canon
User avatar
Mr Ed
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:57 am

Postby I]\/[mortality » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:41 pm

Mr Ed wrote:The only reason I am not playing is for some reason on none of my 3 widescreens at home can I even see war, sorcery, scribe, search, etc (the lower subcategories) no matter what I set my screen res at. the top cell/frame truncates the bottom menus so all I see is lines...no text...though if I set to absolutely smallest text I can barely see the tops of the letters but still not the words...l


what browser do you run it at?

i have widescreen on my laptop and i view it no problem
Retired
User avatar
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby Mr Ed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:01 pm

I]\/[mortality wrote:
Mr Ed wrote:The only reason I am not playing is for some reason on none of my 3 widescreens at home can I even see war, sorcery, scribe, search, etc (the lower subcategories) no matter what I set my screen res at. the top cell/frame truncates the bottom menus so all I see is lines...no text...though if I set to absolutely smallest text I can barely see the tops of the letters but still not the words...l


what browser do you run it at?

i have widescreen on my laptop and i view it no problem


IE7 on one, IE6 on another, and firefox on both...same thing...course I run at hd resolutions, but even if I change to to a screwed up res like 1024*768, it is still screwed.
if Iset my inputs to aspect so I get black space on both sides (sort of like watching normal tv on a hd screen) then and only then does it show the words in the submenus
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.


PEST ~ The loose cannons of Canon
User avatar
Mr Ed
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:57 am

Postby I]\/[mortality » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:46 pm

weird i run mine at 1440 x 900 and i use firefox and IE7 both works xD
Retired
User avatar
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby Kaz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:00 pm

without a tv like your i cant really test a redesign, so i'll work a way around not being able to use javascript (as used by the design).

the Command, Barracks, Forriegn Affairs and Options parts of the menu can now be clicked to go to screens with the sublinks to the screens that would normall be listed.

As I've made these pages, I may as well make them useful so i'll think about how best to use them
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Kaz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:26 pm

Started playing with the command screen.

IT IS NOT FUNCTIONAL YET

It will have:
Messages Indicator
Links to War, Sorcery, Scum and Banner
Declaration Status
Reset Fog, Shields, Summon, Ambush
Scout
News
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Pygar » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:25 pm

Ok, I'm a bit confused here.
I 'restore' a build, I have 4 turns of NPP left and I get slaughtered anyway. Doesn't NPP work anymore?
No backup .... No sympathy....
Pygar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:23 pm

How long did you leave the realm?
NPP expires after 48 hours
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Pygar » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:18 pm

I got attacked about 4 hours after restart (with 4 turns of NPP left)

I just restarted again. I'll restore the 'saved build' so you can have a look at it, to see what it does. Realm is NoMud (blue)

(and I'll leave it sitting there for the next 20 hours or so)
No backup .... No sympathy....
Pygar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Pygar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:18 am

I couldn't wait any longer, so I came out of NPP.

A suggestion.....
Could you build in a 'pause' on actions of 3 seconds or so?
So that you can only play one game action every 3 seconds?

You see, when I play (long distance), I manage to get one game action every 3 or 4 seconds (that's how long it takes before a response from the game pops back on the screen, at work......at home it's like 6 seconds or more)

When I played today, I got attacked by someone, and when looking at the news, there were about 8 attacks over a 4 second period, which means I get to play one action against my oponent 8.

How are you supposed to defend yourself like that?

Don't get me wrong! This is still the best game version I ever played since 1999!!! It's just a thought to make the chances more equal for those not close to the Canon server.
Heck, I haven't even been able to play out all my turns yet. The closest I got was down to about 1200 turns left, after using single actions of 100 turns rebuilding and inspiring.

Also, this shows up on my scribe (since 3 days ago?)
To: Copy to allies. You may not send any more messages today.

But the messages still seem to go out I think.

Game is extreme fun though!!!!!!
No backup .... No sympathy....
Pygar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Kaz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:28 pm

Need to summarise things I need to do still


Gili - Rankings visible out of game
Have added link to the Massacre top 30 scores. It is accessable from the Game Rankings Screen

Kenchan - Saved Builds Causing loss of first life bonus
Havn't found what is causing this yet. In theory it shouldn't happen as i build out any relevence to turns remaining and converting everything turns spent. There were a few save builds with data stored in the turns remaining so I removed them.

Ford - NPP Time span notice
Is on my to-do-list. Think it's a great idea.

Ford - Change 'Guild' option
Also on my to-do-list. Will include an option in the prefs screen.

Mr Ed - Javascript issue with widescreen
This one I cant fix as there is no way I can test against it. Instead I have added four new screens. 'Command Tent' containing links to War, Sorcery, Thievery and Banner; 'Barracks' pointing to Hire, Training, Downsize and Alliances; 'Forreign Affairs' point to Scribe, Search, Scrolls and Score; 'Option' containing links to Prefs, Load/Save, Restart and Leave NPP. These four screens will also be unique screens in themselves (eg the Command screen is a useful realm defence screen)


Pygar - NPP expiring with 4 turns left
Looking into this one, can you let me know which save you used.

Pygar - Adding a time delay into the script for slower connections
Not sure if this is feasable, would be a massive recode of quite a few sections of the script. I know it would make it nicer and fairer for those with a slower connection to the server. But it's a lot of work so we'll see how it goes.

Pygar - Scribe error message "You may not send any more messages today."
Not something I added for massacre so must be a left over from Canon that I've not seen before. Will look into it.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Nether » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:38 pm

game is perfect, no more changes, just more carnage!!!!
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
User avatar
Nether
Average
 
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Postby Pygar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Being attacked/killed in NPP

It happened again.
I restarted about 15 hours ago.
And about 13 hours ago someone declared on me (and killed me in the end)

I used the 'private save' called 'Nomud1000'
No backup .... No sympathy....
Pygar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Gerien » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:59 am

Your people are threatening to rebel over your warmongering.


In a game called Massacre? :?
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Postby Gili » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:46 am

lol.

you best kill whoever has your war dec to free that up...and you will be fine!
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
User avatar
Gili
Developer
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Numpton, England

Postby Gerien » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:34 am

I have Pygar's syndrome. :wink:
You may not send any more messages today.
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

PreviousNext

Return to Old Games Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron