MAXIM GENERAL DISCUSSION (OOC)

- Maxim Archive.

Postby Taelriath » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:13 am

Again, I will state for the record that I would love to enter into an RP war, despite not knowing exactly how I would incorporate any current characters of mine into the plot as of yet, and despite my growing list of RP projects to complete.

If not as a part of FOUL or FA, independantly. :)

As to the other recent news: While I may not, after a recent dicussion find that certain actions alledgedly taken by TNG members have been honourable, it is not my place to force or expect anyone to subscribe to my definitions of honour, or my expectations. Futhermore, the strategies employed were within the limits of capabilities given to the players of Maxim it is well within a player's rights to make use of those strategies, despite whatever the general opinion of the strategies might be.

That being said, I am dissapointed that the war efforts of FOUL and SA were undermined so close to the end of the war with OAFS. The war was a good war, and a fun war, and I think it would have been best to let everyone satisfy their need to finish the war properly before any intervention occurred (if it was still needed after the war). Stepping in to finish the war for those involved caused one major effect: it devalued the experience for the players involved.

Instead of quickening the end of the war via force, it may have been a better course of action (in hindsight) to just delete the realms which are already deleting at an earlier time and starting Letorian realms, as this would simultaneously increase the number of highly capable Letorian realms, as well as reducing the large amount of Barnabite realms in the upper portions of the scrolls, in effect providing the balancing act TNG wished to initiate without any emotional turmoil.

Anyways, those are my two cents, for what they are worth.
Taelriath
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:08 am

How did it come to this?

I am yet to see the news, but from what I understand TNG attacked OAFS realms, then deleted or downsized, claiming that they'd restored the balance.

Bah.
SA and FOUL were doing a great job in their war indeed, and I like to think that we didn't do too bad either (although it took us a while to gather ourselves, lol).

To both SA and FOUL: thanks for a great war and thanks for restoring balance to the game. I have taken you off our banner and am still pondering on what to do next. I hope that we will be able to finish the war properly next time, without interference of my newest so-called 'allies'.
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:40 am

okay i got a yes from FA :) possibly Foul

I'd kinda have hoped that some barny guilds, and even some leto's would be intrested to. Also SA would be a huge add up in this scheme :)
--=(Jyllian Di Moonstone ~ Griffinsbane)=--
¤-The Warlord-¤
Little Devil of TBL~ Fervent~FOUL you say ?

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Kenemet » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:10 am

Nagash, it was a great war, too bad it had to end like this. I have already stated my feelings on what happened over Q and I'm no gonna bring it to the boards.

Taelriath, well said and it was an honor to fight along side you.

And finally yes, you can count SA in to the RP war.
Akhemu of the First Aat
Confidant of Sekhet-Hetep
Keeper of Molly

Sekhet-Aaru
Kenemet
Stablehand

Postby Taelriath » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:22 am

It was an honour to fight alongside you as well, Kenemet. For that matter, it was an honour to fight alongside all of FOUL and SA. All I have encountered from that pool are great people, and awesome players.

I'd also like to acknowledge that OAFs has at least a few such personalities as well. There were more than a few kingdoms which required a good deal of attention to break, as far as I know. Also taking into consideration how long the war had been going on, I can't help but say: 'Thanks for making it an epic OAFs.' (I learned a few things every day the war went on, and am grateful for that.)
Taelriath
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:24 am

Okay to help to this rp. Here is a description of how i see the lands of TBL.

The lands of TBL, are mainly in a temparate climat. I guess each noble would have their own keeps and such. And that their landsets could vary between wooded areas, open farming areas. And maybe even some more rugged spots. Some may even be in more mountainous areas as the lands of TBL are meshed against the side of a mountain chain. About which more lower in this post.

Between the central keeps and the main fortress which is also the capitol are a set of roads, which are used for troop movements. They are rather well maintained, and are also stoned (or whatever the name is) you could compare it to the roman roads in real life.

These are also used for trading.

Now personally my mainfocus goes to the fortress. As that is mostly of my own making. The fortress would be somewhat to the northern side of the TBL lands. Temperature would be some lower then the normal lands. But still you could not compare it to extreme. The winters might be cold, some prolly very cold. But the springs and summer would make it an ideal spot to live.

At the outside the capitol / fortress would seem moderate. With strong outer walls, many towers. and a moat all going in half a circle going up to against a very sharp up going mountain wall. As i see it for many many miles each way this wall would show little slope. So it isnt really possible to climb it easily. And as such forms part of the defence of the stronghold.

The outside look is just the visible tip of the capitol though. The fortress goes on inside the fortress. In fact if the outer part would fall it would be possible to shut it off from the inside. By big doors/walls. This is also done at times, when weather gets to cataclysmic strengths. Like more then heavy storms or such.

The inside is a big network of rooms of different purposes, and sizes. Going from guest quarters, troop barracks, throne room, praying centers. Store rooms.

One of the inside parts is a corridor going to a great cavern which has an internal lake of moderate size which is nourished by an underground river.

Further more. A set of tunnels go to various tiny citadels which are more like look out towers higher up the mountains. Their existance as well as of the lake is mostly unknown tho.

There are also a few escape routes which are also kept well secret. Through which one could leave or come into the fortress unseen.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:42 pm

An addentum,

thought that some info about the people, armies of TBL could be appropriate.

TBL is a mix of an idea based on roman legions, medieval paladin hoods , and demonic based hordes.

It has 2 paladin hoods. Altho they arent very much used as of late. One called the black rose, Which represents evil in all its facets, you will find both lawful and chaotic evil creatures and beings in it. Inherently they hold honor in their own way in high regard, altho this can be in highly unconventional ways. Now and then though creatures may arise in their ranks who want nothing to do with honor. (this part tho is limited to rp, :) as real actions honor is expected from all members of TBL). Demons, devils, evil sorcerors can be found in this.

The second paladin hood is the White rose. They are aimed at values of good. They are the crusaders who want to fight all they see evil. Off course this can at times lead to extremeties.

Either way the both paladin hoods do at times get along at times they dont. :) And at times -lol- they have been trying to truly destroy each other.

Then you have those who are not tied to either paladin hood. Who go by their own judgement.

There you got it :)
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Laustrad » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:42 pm

I may or may not participate in the rp war, and if I do it will be as Wulfric, not Laustrad (seeing as Laustrad is currently kidnapped). Should any member of Foul wish to participate in the rp war, I will encourage them to do so.

I started a thread bout the kidnapping of Laustrad, however if you wish to incorporate that thread into the rp warthread, I wouldn't have a problem. It could be used as a means to have my guild involved ;p

And yer welcome Nagash. Y'all did a fine job when you got yourselves together. Mayhaps we'll try another time :)
It is not ours to question why, it is but ours to do and die
Hail Ceasar, we who are bout to die salute you!
Errrmmm.... Something or another, anyways?
Laustrad
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:03 am

Mind if I pop into the RP war as well?
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:08 am

no in fact i was hoping to get some barnies involved :)

I guess now we just need to get it started. I guess TBL could start it unless one of the other guilds want to make the first move in this ? :)
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Shayanna » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:54 pm

Kinda hoping SA starts it.
Ive been dyin to see some egyptian style combat.

(Has always been fasinated by Egypt if ye cannae tell)
--=(§hayanna Ðanielle Griffinsbane)=--
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/367863
The first Princess of Improv, to the last Princess of Maxim
Shayanna
The Warlady

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:45 pm

Mmmmmmmm..... Sweet, sweet war. You can count me in...
Life isn't about making it to the grave safe, and in a well preserved body

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"
SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand

Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew

Postby Shayanna » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:29 am

Well I posted the Warstate of Altercations take on things leading to war in the thread "And Darkness leads to War"

http://www.evernight.com/boards/canon/viewtopic.php?p=509379#509379

Tis nae concrete and I can edit it.
If any guilds wish to be removed (Or added) let me know.
Kinda picked ye Kain as one of the guys me General would screw with due to ye posting activity in war threads.
(Props! Ye be recognized!)

I can use someone else if ye like (I really should have asked first but the story was flowing)

Ristin can be clearly seen by anyone in SA as he flys over.
The silloette of a Griffin is unmistakable and easily identified as one of mine.

Feel free to post in it ye own guilds, kingdoms, points of view, paranoia, or hell!

Attack somebody :)

Shayanna has too much of a grip with the situation to attack anyone, but she can be accused or provoked :)

Cannae wait to see how this turns out :)

If ye make ye own warthreads please post here as I can muti-thread easily.
Shayanna
The Warlady

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:04 pm

i'm gonna leave the next move to the heathens :) hehe
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby *Kain* » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:13 pm

As much as I'd love to participate, if you read my posts, Kain's army is destroyed, his lands will soon be in poverty because of the loss of men, and he will be in no shape to lead anyone into a battle.

That aside, I was getting ready to have Kain step down. Maybe you could edit in another general from FOUL.

I apologize, but ya should have talked to me before you did that.

I'd be willing to use the alt I was going to replace Kain with as my ingame character for the war.

Switch it all the Kain's out to Llewyn.
The Enchanted Warriors~ GM
Discord is everlasting~DIE~Darkness is Eternal
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Shayanna » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:43 pm

Done :)
Shayanna
The Warlady

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:01 am

posted in the leading to war thread :) question of giving our heathen friends some more stuff to read :)
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Lak » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:41 pm

People missed the most important part about our war..

I was still alive. I had only been scouted... suckers ;p

ut was good.. was sorry to see it ruined.
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~I look to my Eskimo Friend
When I'm down, down, down...~
Lak
Mad but cute

Postby Iskimio » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:25 pm

-x-
Iskimio di Undone
Iskimio
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:42 am

We spared you on purpose, so I can RP-kill you now.

Or something. You gonna go to the RP-war too?
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:06 pm

love i just realised ye might want to put open in the thread title. and an ooc line at first post refering to this thread bout participating.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby *Kain* » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:45 pm

dark rider/pale rider, can you please identify yourself?

that post is annoying, because it says that Kain slipped through your grasp once again, and that he seems to have a habit of retreating. Funny considering my character has never come across those two before, and he doesn't retreat at any chance he gets.

That is irritating, if you wish to work out a plot arc or something I'd be willing to work with you.
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Pale Rider » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:57 pm

because it says that Kain slipped through your grasp once again, and that he seems to have a habit of retreating.

Just trying to RP, never said you have a habit of retreating just that given your situation if there was a chance to get away you would. That is not habitual. I was reading the other thread where you get healed and it sounded like a good idea at the time given dark times are coming or some such. We can go with this or not..it's up to you. Just thought it be a good RP plot. Trying to hunt you down and all..lol.
Pale Rider
Stablehand

Postby *Kain* » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:12 pm

I'd be willing to work wtih you, just would like to know who you are.

Or just find some way to contact me.
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:49 pm

Okay, this one is a question towards gm's for a large part , but members to.

Since i've returned now. I got semi involved into two events which i don't like. And seen a third happening out there that isn't right either.

First we had a group of players, going into godmode. In short rewriting the rules of engagement as i would call them. Even though the basic idea of balance was okay, what they did was completely wrong. Hitting guilds at war. Hitting from out of the dark pretty much, letting their gm's in the dark till they were ready.

Now, we have Seska hitting SA during their war. I can see that he/she to wants to do the flashy thing. But honestly when a guild whom carries a decorum of honor with em is allready in a though war, they do not deserve this. Nor does mos want such help i'm sure. Furthermore it makes it more okay for big guilds to hit small ones. Coz people will just wonder can we trust 1 or 2 man guilds anymore. So i say to me that behavior isn't okay either. And i personally wanted to voice that loudly. I don't care if Seska is in the same faith as me in this.

Furthermore we had the Family guys. Who decided coz they had no leadership they to could just randomly hit around. I hope they learned to from their mistakes.

Finally since now one of my members, after being hit for 1 acre. And after i resolved the situation hit the top SA kingdom. Breaking him. Then after i ordered him to prepare what was needed to return the acres, he decided to take off. Feeling that another guild might suit him better.

That is just one in a chain of events that sound all wrong. Honestly, it get's me more then a bit pissed. Sure SA is a heathen guild. And sure i love it when a barnie guild wins a war. But does a guild who has only shown skill and honor deserve to be taken apart by unstable elements in the game ?

I personally feel that it does not. Even heathens, they to deserve honor shown to them. I'm sure more out there feel likewise. That such events can be done without. And maybe it's the time, to have a discussion as our game will shift in a new one. What kind of gameplay we want to take with us. What we want to see, and what we do not want to see.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Maxim Archive