by Oriana » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:04 pm
Do I look like I am joking Kain? If I dont look like I am joking and I dont sound like I am joking then what makes you think I am joking?
Gone was Oriana Shadowbain, the carefree woman with the mischevious spark in her eye, in her place stood an Archmage confidant in her abilities, strong, unbending. Her eyes darkened gleaming now with a new spark, the spark that kindled the fires that came with war.
I forget nothing where you are concerned Dragonhand and I know that your magic while the opposing force to darkness also demands a great deal in return.
It was a fight she wasnt going to win, he was determined to stay beside her, she couldnt be angry with him for wanting to do so, after all he was first and foremost a warrior, as such it was only natural for him to answer the call to arms, but he was doing more than answering that call. He all but took over, the change in him was one she had seen many a time before and often she would steal secret glances at him when he was otherwise occupied not noticing her stares, she was amazed at how he went from friend and champion to general in the space of hearbeat. His confidence when he was in his element was truly inspiring, the moral of the men he led into battle was very rarely low even in the most desperate of times. But as she looked at him now with the threat of vampires looming over them, the fires in her eyes blazing, she saw him not as the war hero, not as her champion but as the man she loved, the man she would share her life with until her life was no more. She saw him as something so precious and valued, something that she wanted to keep as far from harm as she could, she needed, wanted to change their roles, for years he had watched over her protected her it was now her turn to become his champion. He would think she had lost her mind if she voiced those thoughts to him.There had to be some way to reason with him, some way to get him to agree.
Kain, you wouldn't really be leaving me behind, instead you would be going on ahead to do what needs to be done, moving one step closer to the time when we can truly be together. We cannot put off Anarane any longer than we already have, the sooner it is brought to an end the sooner our future can fully begin. Rowan has already sounded the call to arms, he is not quite as green in the ways of war as you might believe dear one, and he has more than once come up against these demons. The women and children were moved during the night, to an underground shelter hidden deep within the forest. I do not need him to protect me because I already have a champion, if you need to protect me now, then go to the source of my greatest joy Kain, go to my daughter, knowing that you are with her and that I will join you, that I will someday call you husband, that is more than enough to keep me safe. I will never walk into anything alone Kain, I carry the greatest loves of my life with me always.
Her demeanure softened then, she couldnt take her eyes from him, already the muscles in his jaw were tight, his face went from being that of a gentle loving man to one ready for bloodshed and death. She hated that they had been put in the position they were in, but neither of them could walk away knowing what was to come, she knew he would not leave her, would not leave the tiny town and its people to the merciless vampires, no matter how she begged or pleaded for him to go.
I am telling you right now Kain, listen to me well and make sure you understand me, if I cannot get you to leave, if you cannot bring yourself to face Anarane alone and to ensure our future together with our children just yet, then I will not fight you on it, but make no mistake about it Kain Dragonhand if there comes a time in this battle that I become too worried, or I see anything that causes even the slightest sliver of fear in me I will make damn sure you are are sent from this place and steed or not, I will see to it you wont be able to get back until it is over.