New Player Area - forum rules & FAQ

- New Players Area for Canon.

Moderator: Voice Noob

New Player Area - forum rules & FAQ

Postby Sunblade » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 am

If you're new to the game or just have a nagging question which you need answering, this is the right place to post. Though we'd like to think that the rest of Tempers Ball is fairly friendly too, there are additional rules in place in NPA to make sure that someone who's new to the game gets friendly and helpful answers and that threads stay on topic (as much as possible). Those rules are:

1. No flaming/nastiness/mocking.

Fairly straightforward, really. This forum is intended to serve as a helpful repository of advice and answers to questions about the game and community, so even if your sarcasm is finely honed and gives the correct answer within its comic genius, please leave it on its shelf and adopt a friendlier tone while posting in NPA. We were all new to the game at some point, and all new players deserve a friendly welcome.

2. No guild recruiting.

If someone asks for recommendations, feel free to recommend - please leave the recruitment threads to Unity, though.

3. Test icons/sigs in icon/sigs threads only.

Just to keep the forum clean and tidy, we've created threads for people to post in to make sure their icon and sig lines look as beautiful as they're intended to be. Please keep such test posts within these threads. It's worth noting that all of your posts (no matter how old) use your current sig/icon settings - so you only need to make one test post, as your icon & sig line will refresh on it when you update them.

4. Answer questions truthfully/accurately.

It might seem hilarious to suggest to a new player that a kingdom with all of its land used to build guildhalls will be a commercial force to reckon with, but if that player then doesn't bother to play the game when he/she finds their kingdom unable to support an army, it hurts the game as a whole. Please don't mislead.

5. Detailed strategies are not to be posted or given out in this forum.

We're of the opinion that giving a new player a detailed walkthrough of how to spend every turn removes some of the fun of discovering your own way of playing - though staring at the Township screen without a clue of what to do isn't all that much fun either. Please use your judgement and common sense in determining where the line is between helping someone and giving them a "Canon by numbers" guide to the game which will restrict their enjoyment.

Icons

1. Icons can be anything up to 80x80 pixels, and cannot be over 44kb in filesize.
2. Icons can show some skin, but use common sense. And common sense excludes full nudity, so NO full nudity.
3. Only test once - every time you change your profile, your icon is automatically updated. You do not need to post again and again to see how it looks.

Sig lines

1. Sig lines cannot be over four lines in length, INCLUDING empty spaces.
2. Use common sense: references to such vulgar or hateful things (an example could be something such as rape) should not be there.
3. Like icons, all of your posts automatically use your current sig line so there's no need to post multiple times to check how it looks.
4. We don't currently allow images in your sig line. Sorry!

Icon Requests

Several of our community members offer to make you a personalised user icon - you can request their services in the icon request thread. Please be courteous and follow these simple rules:

1. Be as specific as you can - do you want the icon to be 80x80 or 60x60, do you want your name in it, what type of images do you want?
2. If you have an image you want used, please post a link to it.
3. Be polite - the people who are volunteering to make icons may be busy or might only log on at certain times. If you don't get a response straight away, give them time to get back to you.

Icon Makers

1. Do not upload icons to the Evernight server - please host them elsewhere, and let the person who requested the icon upload it when they choose to use it.
2. Please post if you are going to do someone's icon so there are aren't multiple attempts, and the person who has requested it doesn't feel ignored.
3. Follow the icon rules listed above.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Re: New Player Area - forum rules & FAQ

Postby Helana » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:02 am

Hey I've just joined evernight and my man decided to put my realm on "Vacation" after offering some sound advice ???

Now I can't play it, not wanting to sound like an idiot, but! How long is it on "Vacation" for? As it doesn't tell me!
Look I said I DO! I didn't say I was forgiving, understanding or thoughtful .... I'm a WOMAN for god sake, live with it!!!
Helana
Stablehand

Postby Grunt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:53 am

3 days
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
Grunt
Upper Royalty

Postby Kaz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 pm

Vacation Mode makes your entire account unplayable - and unattackable - for at least 3 days.

It's to be used when you are going away for a while and will have no access to the game.

I have removed your account from vacation mode.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Biohazzard » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Ok i just started and i need to know what to do after the quick guide instructions. Does anyone have good strats or just a game plan for a balanced way of building?
Video Games, Books, Food, Anime, Sleep, and Laziness comprise me and I'm proud of being a lazy geek/otaku.
Biohazzard
Stablehand

Postby Venus » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:26 pm

if youll message me, ladyvenus0213 on aim, ill be happy to help u
Venus
Fervent
Venus
Soul of Barnabas

Return to New Players Area