Nooblet question #1398

- New Players Area for Canon.

Moderator: Voice Noob

Nooblet question #1398

Postby Kyhera » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:08 am

So I was looking through the storyline, and I gather that the "Gods" have changed some. Somewhere I saw mention of what they used to stand for:

Angelique: Law, Morality, Fanaticism, Oppression, Charity.
Leto: Chaos, Freedom, Decadence, Arts and Leisure.
Barnabas: Balance, Order, War, Honor Code, Elitism, Status Quo.

Then I read that these 3 actually took human form. Are they still 'human' or have they ascended to Godhood again. And if there is an explanation of where they are now can someone link that thread to me please? :)

My own simplified version of the gods was:

Angelique - Truth- tree-hugging wood elf types
Leto - Chaos -- best suited for goblins
Barnabas - Passion -- which is what, in my mind, drew the evil type guilds in the old days.

So being of the 'stone age' of Monarchy, since I refuse to take the OOC approach to the game, I would like to familiarize myself a bit more with the new age :)

Hence, posts with clarifications, links, are all appreciated.
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Postby Grunt » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:50 am

Storyline Forum
should answer your questions
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
User avatar
Grunt
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 10189
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Shalimar

Postby Kyhera » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Well that's where I did all my reading, but did not really see an actual answer. .. lots of speculation though.

However, I DID just notice I missed page 2 of one post ..

*goes back to read that*
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Postby Kaz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Kyhera,

The Storyline forum is there to come up with a new Story for the game that fuses together the history of the game over the years.

The 'Current' storyline is that seen when you create a Kingdom. In that storyline there are 3 Mortals who have the same names as 3 of the old Gods from Monarchy.

That wont change, what we will eventually have is an explanation of why Angelique, Barnabas and Leto have gone from Gods to Mortals, and what happened to Oleana, Foret, Isonia, Leto, Solas, Mina and Diman.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Re: Nooblet question #1398

Postby GoldWyvern » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:40 am

I actually don't have a reply but to say that they seem to reworking all that right now, so it's kind of a mot point.

I just came in here because a 'nooblet' sounded tasty. ::munch munch::
Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true.
-Homer Simpson
User avatar
GoldWyvern
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Deus Ex Machina

Re: Nooblet question #1398

Postby Shayanna » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:00 pm

I always tended to use the storyline as a guideline rather than rule of law for RP purposes.
If for anything else realism sake. Every guild has had their own take on their faith.
Just like there are many different beliefs of base Christianity and such.

That and umm.. I don't worship mortals and that elans coming from somewhere hehe :)

P.S. This new board is trippy.
But I like it :)
--=(§hayanna Ðanielle Griffinsbane)=--
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/367863
The first Princess of Improv, to the last Princess of Maxim
User avatar
Shayanna
The Warlady
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Rathe Server


Return to New Players Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users