The Ultimate Un-n00bizer Guide

- New Players Area for Canon.

Moderator: Voice Noob

Postby Bundesbank » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:24 am

well, kenchan, that's because...

well, come to think of it, i can't really think of any good reason.

maybe something to do with bananas and granaries?
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

WeeC | WTFPWND | NX | NPAC
officially endorses MoP's candidacy
User avatar
Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: captaining the internet

Newbie

Postby Vampress » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:22 pm

Well I am a newbie to the site as well. But thanks to Stonekeep have found my way around pretty well and even have an avatar (THANKS STONIE) and a guild and am happy to make friends and look forward to the experience.
User avatar
Vampress
Stablehand
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:32 pm

Postby Voice Vilena » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:35 pm

Welcome to the madhouse Vampress ;> If you have any questions or just want to chitchat about the game I'm usually on the staff icq number (in my sig-line) or feel free to post in this forum for help.

-Vil
Site/game questions? ICQ: 95982751
I did it. And if he's lucky I'll make it 3 times ;p
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
User avatar
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Outside of a dog, reading a book.

Postby Aidan Feargahal » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:22 pm

Dang Q makes a thread like this and I in my infinate wonderings around the globe missed it. Why oh why do i miss these things.

Just so you guys know you dont have to have a huge post total *eyes number of posts on the left* to be popular or to be liked persay. I have plenty of contacts around here and people I talk to on a regular basis and I only post when I feel like it. Of cource when I was GMing all the time I sure posted alot more hehehe.

Anyway, like most everyone has said in the thread contact people on ICQ talk to them read the charters HAVE FUN!!
Aidan Feargahal

always CoR/TDoDCOF
suicide soldier :fire:
Welcome to Babylon come see me sometime.
User avatar
Aidan Feargahal
Peasant
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Tismad, Tonan

Postby Gerien » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:32 am

Don't mind me - I'm just working my way up to 666 posts.

(Pulls a Reylan and notes that this is vaguely related to the last post and therefore doesn't count as spam.)
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Postby Dc » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:21 pm

It's a shame it's too late for me to be a n00b the right way. If only this was made circa 1999. :(
User avatar
Dc
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby hexus » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:18 am

:twisted: muffffchppp...hexus,grunt here goblin...see my pretty...smack..chomp...sorry eating leftovers...humans ca be tough after a few days....anyway i'm new and expermenting...see ya...burppppp :evil:
hexus
Stablehand
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:49 pm

Postby Bundesbank » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:57 pm

icq/aim/msn me if you want help learning the game.
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

WeeC | WTFPWND | NX | NPAC
officially endorses MoP's candidacy
User avatar
Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: captaining the internet

Postby Torkano » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:44 pm

No don't do it. ICQ me. Not him. *points above*

Just identify yourself that you play evernight. I don't talk to people who just message me about "a/s/l" or "want to chat?"
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
User avatar
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf
 
Posts: 8698
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The little guy on your shoulder

Postby Bundesbank » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:19 pm

Torkano wrote:I don't talk to people who just message me about "a/s/l" or "want to chat?"


so that's why you never talk to me :(
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

WeeC | WTFPWND | NX | NPAC
officially endorses MoP's candidacy
User avatar
Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: captaining the internet

Postby Torkano » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:21 pm

No, because you are always asking me about bananas and granaries.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
User avatar
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf
 
Posts: 8698
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The little guy on your shoulder

Postby Aaralyn » Mon May 02, 2005 10:41 pm

*laughs*

Well, I have been playing Evernight a grand total of three days, yes, I said it. I have been playing three days, and I am wondering why the heck you can do nothing, until your protection is over, but build those lovely buildings.... which gives you money... which maybe i don't know enough, does nothing except pay for expenses... which you don't really see.... hmmm. *ponders* This is certainly a confusing part. I understand, you are trying to gain land ect, make friends and have fun ^_^ perhaps I should find a guild.

*skips off to find that awesome guild, that everyone says she should find so they can help her*

Aaralyn
Time is of the essence, they say. I have to say Time is nothing but a bother!
User avatar
Aaralyn
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Dryden Ontario

Postby Ravan_Kiir » Mon May 09, 2005 12:45 am

ooh, another drydenite, I probably know you, small town and all, erm, check my profile and find me contact stuffage, i'll help you out if your guild doesn't.
Forgotten in the sands of time, a stranger in the mirror.
Owned by nobody
User avatar
Ravan_Kiir
Stablehand
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Tenpike » Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 pm

Noobie sighting.....

Questions:

1) Which one is better, Foret, Isonia or Darden?

2) Should i bring my old Pika icon back? if anyone remembers, it was an icon of a dancing pikachu.. hahahah

3) Reylan sux, he's a big spammer... (wait, that's not flaming.. I really think he likes being called a spammer).. hmmm..

*stop spamming -- start working -> now I remember why I stopped frequenting this place... I can't seem to start doing my own work... ...... arrgggh... *
Pika of Dark Crown/ DC Regulators
~Fervent~, AoA, and a few other guilds I can't even remember
Tenpike
Stablehand
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Postby Thantos » Thu May 12, 2005 10:25 pm

"1) Which one is better, Foret, Isonia or Darden? "

There really isn't a better. Pick which you agree with more.
but foret is clearly better then all others in valid. 8)
retired LEH | DEAD CELL

Dancin' on da hood while Casper's drivin' - Ghost Ride Da Whip
:dood: :duel1: :pissed: :action3: :twisted:
User avatar
Thantos
Squire
 
Posts: 4228
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Yay Area, CA

Postby Voice Vilena » Thu May 12, 2005 11:26 pm

Please stop adding "SPAM" to this particular thread.

I'm not saying, "don't post anything here," but post in this thread within reason would you please?

This thread has a purpose and that purpose was not a full page of spam I really don't think. More of an extra help to new players ~smiles~ Now don't let this be a "thread-killer" either. Just a spam-curber.

Have your fun in NPA, as always, just respect the threads that are here to help the newer players is all. Thank you ;>
Site/game questions? ICQ: 95982751
I did it. And if he's lucky I'll make it 3 times ;p
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
User avatar
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Outside of a dog, reading a book.

Postby Voice Vilena » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:23 pm

Posting "In-Character" on the boards refers to your posts being done from your character's perspective - your "roleplay" persona; when you post "ooc" or out-of-character those posts are coming from you, personally, the person behind the keyboard saying what you yourself think about the given topic at the time.
Site/game questions? ICQ: 95982751
I did it. And if he's lucky I'll make it 3 times ;p
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
User avatar
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Outside of a dog, reading a book.

Postby Lady Maven » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:54 pm

And here is just another quick tip on names.

If, when you try to use a name it says that name is already in use, please pick an ENTIRELY different name. Less confusion that way.

For example, I am Lady Maven, so clearly you can't use that, but it would be equally disconcerting to me if you chose "Maven" or "Duchess Maven" or any other variant.

Besides the distress it would cause me, frankly, newbie or not, trust me, ya dun want my name, I already wrecked it ;>. You have no idea the reputation you may have associated with you by not being totally original.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
User avatar
Lady Maven
Royalty
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento CA

Postby Dreck » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:17 am

Nice thread Q. well yup q helped me out when i was playing w/him. yup well ya all i gotta tell ya is charm the ladies and they'll help ya! being active is the key of it all. if ur active everything else will just fall into place.
User avatar
Dreck
Stablehand
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm

Postby Trabian » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:09 pm

Hmm, Un-n00binizer guide, helpful.
New to these boards and this version of the game.

Played years ago on monarchy. but...
I am noob and will wallow my self in the wisdom of these posts.

So next time, I first read the newb guides after that I make a Realm.
Not Vice versa like now. :cry:

Yeay second post...couple of hundred to go.
User avatar
Trabian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:36 pm

Postby jackripper12 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:17 am

well i fear that after reading this here original posting that i shall never end my life as a noob. That being said, i hope i get to attack just about everyone i see :) hehehehe j/k.
Alot of you sound like you take great pleasure, and thats cool. umm i joined a game without guilds so i guess i botched that one right away but if anyone is willing to lend an ear and a few helpful words that would be appreciated. i run some pretty weird hours never in the same place twice so my logins are when i can get them.


hmmm, yes i believe that is a nice long new post.... think i should make it longer??[/img]
jackripper12
Stablehand
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:07 am

Postby 2pac2004 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:08 pm

jack hit me up on icq or any of the other things i mentioned in coaches thread in this forum, id be more then wiling to help ya out and im on at all diff times..usually all the time i should say lol!
User avatar
2pac2004
Stablehand
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:09 pm

Previous

Return to New Players Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users