by Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:44 am
Yeah. Well, this is all fine and good, but because of a random encounter and sorta-date with my ex-girlfriend from like 9 years ago, as well as other evidence provided to me, I am pretty sure I have been in a severe state of depression for probably the past 5 years.
It is a long story and I am not at all joking about it. I have an appointment with a doctor Friday.
If you take a look at all those Talonspyre threads, there is a common theme: I like to feel important.
My reasons are thus:
1. Went out with ex-girlfriend/now-friend from awhile ago, my self-admitted happiest relationship and time of my life. We did dinner and just talked about all this crappy drama and how she has been doing with the move, etc. As we were driving back to her house, she and I agreed that it had felt like a blast from the past, back when I was at the top of the world. I was giddy. Now, understand she has a boyfriend and has been with him for 5 years. She is very happy with him. Loves him to death and he and I get along great. Been over for game night and shit like that. It was just a reminder of the times that used to be, and a harsh and direct reminder. I was giddy because I felt like I was myself again, happy, entertained, and fully ready to fuck the shit out of her.
2. It hit me like a brick when I joined up with my friend who is pursuing the bartender. I am not happy. In fact, I don't think I have been happy since the first day I muttered, "I really wish I could go back to the time I was dating Miss Smith. That was the happiest time of my life." Since every fucked up relationship or bad experience I have run to her like a scolded puppy on the off chance she would take pity on me and let me in from the cold. Never worked. She has been a loyal and concerned friend.
3. I realized the women I had chased, won, or even pursued all were weak willed or very much into how awesome I was. They either were fuck ups in life or they were hanging on my every word. I always became possessive of them. Just like this bartender, who is a mix of both. Not an uncommon trait. The hotness helped.
4. I have been eating poorly, probably for most of this year.
5. Sleep is a forgone conclusion.
6. I have been dosing myself with alcohol more frequently because it numbs the pain and lets me take a break from thinking about how my life sucks.
7. I give up way too easily, usually before the first words are uttered from women. I like my safety blanket of diving into the "friends zone" without even looking back, hoping to capture their hearts and minds with my supreme "intellect" and conventional "wisdom".
8. I have become far more emotional about things. I snap at friends for the slightest provocation or perceived betrayal.
9. I dwell on the old times as being "better" or somehow "simpler".
10. I am pretty sure my job is one of the worst jobs in the world. It is a slow pressure cooker of despair. After talking with my boss about the purposed therapy, I was told that many of our department have gone through similar situations while working there, including her.
11. I have a "bodyguard". He is a good friend, one of the best, but he is tall and frightening to people and accepted that role without question. I am not weak, but I play the part because it makes me feel like the Emperor and Vader. Like I am someone important that needs a bodyguard. Self-Aggrandizing has become way too popular in my life.
12. I don't care about the things that used to entertain me. In fact, I don't care much for the people who used to entertain me.
13. I hate myself. Hardest thing to realize but I don't find any redeemable qualities in myself. None. I just have been hiding it from myself for so long I just took it as what everyone did. It comes off as that I have a good humor about myself, but in truth, I am disgusted.
14. Yes, I have cried uncontrollably over trivial things. In private, never in public.
15. I am waiting for that woman, who like my first AND LAST long term relationship from 9 years ago, who will pick me up out of the gutter and dust me off and see potential in me. Those women are rarities. Treasures. My exgirlfriend is my best friend because of who she is. Because you keep people like her around, because they are worth every minute you stand next to them, their simplicity and approach to life can only be likened to angels.
16. I have become guarded. More so than I ever thought. The bartender said it one night, that she had bared all to me, but I had shared little. That I am like a brick wall when it comes to matters of the heart. Personal victories. Personal failures.
17. I lack energy to do things. I lack a want to do things. I refer to myself as "old and boring".
18. I have lost interest in politics because I don't care.
19. This is a hard one to admit, but what the hell, you people have been with me longer than most of my current friends, I have stopped talking to God.
20. I am paranoid. Generally to the point of kind of weirding people I have known forever out.
21. I cling to drama and spread it because it makes me feel important. Needed. Wanted. The center of attention.
22. I am lonely in a crowded room full of my friends, with the latest fucked up relationship I have standing next too me.
Wow, that is a great list. I will be taking that with me to my doctor. So yeah. I have always said I can bounce back. I will be fine. But the honest truth is, I don't think I have ever bounced back. I can't remember the last time I was truly happy and knew it, besides 9 years ago. I stopped talking to the bartender. My friend is gunna bang the shit out of it. Soon, if not right now. It is cool, really. I had hoped she would be the one woman to come scoop me up and dust me off ... but she isn't. She shouldn't have to be.
I am seeking professional help. I know how weak it makes me. But I am pretty sure this requires it. Actually I am certain. Everything in my life fits, disgustingly well, when put into this one scope. No flukes. No "God just had it out for me." Just plain fits.
It was me all along. And I am depressed.
Lets hope they can help me fix myself without prescribing a pill. I like my mind. I can't risk loosing myself to become some drugged out Happy Zombie.
I am scared.
I won't lie.
Its why I posted this. I just thought I would let you all know. The situation discussed here is minor. It has been done a million times before. I am just kind of nodding my head.
Why post all this?
Because. The record has been made. Digitally. Someone else knows. I go into this delving process with open eyes.
Wish me luck. But reserve your pity. I somehow knew that the greatest fight in my life would be against me.
I have to believe I can win.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony