by Lady Maven » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:44 pm
OK, I watched it. I wasn't going to but all of you said how great it was, so I went.
All I can say is meh. I have seen worse, Water World comes to mind, but not many others.
The storyline was so-so, there was precious little blood and guts to redeem it, and the believeability factor was like nil.
I am supposed to believe that these aliens, who have natural built in weapons AND bio-weapons that only they can use, are giving these weapons away in exchange for cat food?? And not like ::points weapon in face of gang banging thug:: "Gimme the catfood or I blow your fragging head off"?? And how did they GET the weapons? We are shown that they were so starved and weak they couldn't even open the door and take a shuttle down. After three months humans break in. Ok, so the humans said to these unknown people "OK, take all the weapons and crap that you want, we trust you"? And even if these were the most peace loving people anywhere, you'd think after the first "abortion" that shit would change pretty damned fast. And on top of that, when they were brought down there were 1 MILLION of them, by the time of our story there are 1.8 million. And yet we make them our bitches?
In short, unbelievable, too preachy and no gore spattered fun. Remind me to not watch movies you guys like again.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!